Renewal January 12th Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal January 12th Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#51 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:44 AM

I just hope Doram isn't as awful as Rebellion. Give us a good class for God sake.

#52 alvaro89

alvaro89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationque te importa <.<
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

Update

• DORAM testing begins. Public test should be available some time next week.

:rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#53 Biosphia

Biosphia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

Verus spotlight =)

Dreaming with Verus Bounty Board.  :rice:

If Juperos is a part of Juno, why Verus no?  :questionmark: 

#54 kitanoir

kitanoir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

what is this doram test? 

#55 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Can you check if Costume Twin Ponytail is enchantable during maintenance please? Thanks for any info.

Wait, what? 16.1 coming already?

The 2017 content update list in no particular order is as follows.
Doram
US Theme Town
Nightmare Biolabs
Infinite Space

We also have a minor update wish list that they will attempt to fill as much as they can for things like missing cards, costumes, enchant systems etc.

what is this doram test? 

Dorams are a new cat-themed character class.

http://forum.ragnaro...an-test-server/

Edited by soudou, 12 January 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#56 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

i wish to santa to give me 1 more week exp event

#57 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Pls tell me Santa Poring and Santa Orc will LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#58 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Renewal servers are now down for maintenance. We should be back up by or before 5pm, if not, we'll let you know here!

#59 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

Please see this post.

thanks cinn, clarified indeed.

this
If you give players the ability to refine equipment +14 and above, it necessary to do periodically, as well as Enrich Hammer.

hardcore disagree. you want the game's economy to be extra screwed up? +10 stuff that was (before the event) 500m or higher has now dropped to like 300m. you can already get +15 stuff for a bil or less, sometimes +16 stuff. do you honestly want the prices of these things to drop even further? dont be one of those beggers who whines for e.hammer every week. that event should never make an appearance more than once a year.

#60 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

thanks cinn, clarified indeed.

hardcore disagree. you want the game's economy to be extra screwed up? +10 stuff that was (before the event) 500m or higher has now dropped to like 300m. you can already get +15 stuff for a bil or less, sometimes +16 stuff. do you honestly want the prices of these things to drop even further? dont be one of those beggers who whines for e.hammer every week. that event should never make an appearance more than once a year.

*snip*

#61 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

This post reminds me of what we tend to joke about brazillians: they extend their holidays from the Carnival through Easter up to Christmas and the Year's End.

We extend no shi***. Worst joker ever.

#62 TeddiePnutButter

TeddiePnutButter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

If maintenance does not conclude on time today and I mean ON TIME there will be hell to pay.  You will lose one of the most respected members of the community in myself to a brutal brutal suicide.  Let me tell you a little bit about what I will do to myself. I will go to home depot and purchase a high quality drill and then return home.  Once I am home I will play a game of eenie meenie miney moe to decide which body part the drill enters first.  The options are my wrists, shoulders, ankles, heart, knees and genitals.  Some options are clearly better than others.  Each half hour that rag is not up I will repeat the game of eenie meenie miney moe and choose a new body part until there is nothing left of me but blood and pulp.  If the GM's care about their members and this beautiful community even a little bit they will make sure that rag is up and running ON TIME today.  I'm trembling as I type this.  Please don't make me do this.

#63 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

#Teddie'sLifeMatters

#64 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

If maintenance does not conclude on time today and I mean ON TIME there will be hell to pay. You will lose one of the most respected members of the community in myself to a brutal brutal suicide. Let me tell you a little bit about what I will do to myself. I will go to home depot and purchase a high quality drill and then return home. Once I am home I will play a game of eenie meenie miney moe to decide which body part the drill enters first. The options are my wrists, shoulders, ankles, heart, knees and genitals. Some options are clearly better than others. Each half hour that rag is not up I will repeat the game of eenie meenie miney moe and choose a new body part until there is nothing left of me but blood and pulp. If the GM's care about their members and this beautiful community even a little bit they will make sure that rag is up and running ON TIME today. I'm trembling as I type this. Please don't make me do this.

That escalated quickly

#65 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

#66 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

-_- like this really freaks me out.  If i was in charge of this place, I'd ban you on the spot.  

#67 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

TEDDIE IS BACK

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

#68 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Self made memorializations entertain me.

#69 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

Teddie's a legend.  You should be entertained.  

#70 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

-_- like this really freaks me out.  If i was in charge of this place, I'd ban you on the spot.  

Sorry. :p_swt:

Edited by soudou, 12 January 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#71 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” - Mark Twain

We have attempted to stay above the fray on this but it seems that your only purpose on the forums is to spread fear and doubt. You continued to do so during the holiday season with vague postings about "Investment" and now attempt to spread fear and doubt by continuing a closed and locked thread. This is your only warning, stop.

Now to address your post, RO is not dead. RO is not going to die any time soon. The studio plans to continue development for years to come and I am hoping that I can continue be be here to share in the highs and lows with the RO community.

You can see fan translations of future updates here: https://forums.warpp...lation-station/

You can peek at our future week to week here: https://forums.warpp...rnings-archive/

You can even ask the studio questions every month with threads like this: https://forums.warpp...thread-january/ (We have already submitted the questions to the studio)

We even go so far as to share the tentative iRO update schedule for our server with the community: https://forums.warpp...2017/?p=2553757 when we are asked.

All those avenues are open to you if you have concerns or criticisms. But broad declarations of the games death are something we cannot and will not allow on our forums.

#72 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

If maintenance does not conclude on time today and I mean ON TIME there will be hell to pay.  You will lose one of the most respected members of the community in myself to a brutal brutal suicide.  Let me tell you a little bit about what I will do to myself. I will go to home depot and purchase a high quality drill and then return home.  Once I am home I will play a game of eenie meenie miney moe to decide which body part the drill enters first.  The options are my wrists, shoulders, ankles, heart, knees and genitals.  Some options are clearly better than others.  Each half hour that rag is not up I will repeat the game of eenie meenie miney moe and choose a new body part until there is nothing left of me but blood and pulp.  If the GM's care about their members and this beautiful community even a little bit they will make sure that rag is up and running ON TIME today.  I'm trembling as I type this.  Please don't make me do this.

livestream please. anticipating round 2 on the "who's next?" list

edit: chakri that sig pic is F'n amazing dude! im stealing that for my picture inspiration collection :rice:

Edited by Fuuton, 12 January 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#73 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” - Mark Twain

We have attempted to stay above the fray on this but it seems that your only purpose on the forums is to spread fear and doubt. You continued to do so during the holiday season with vague postings about "Investment" and now attempt to spread fear and doubt by continuing a closed and locked thread. This is your only warning, stop.

Now to address your post, RO is not dead. RO is not going to die any time soon. The studio plans to continue development for years to come and I am hoping that I can continue be be here to share in the highs and lows with the RO community.

You can see fan translations of future updates here: https://forums.warpp...lation-station/

You can peek at our future week to week here: https://forums.warpp...rnings-archive/

You can even ask the studio questions every month with threads like this: https://forums.warpp...thread-january/ (We have already submitted the questions to the studio)

We even go so far as to share the tentative iRO update schedule for our server with the community: https://forums.warpp...2017/?p=2553757 when we are asked.

All those avenues are open to you if you have concerns or criticisms. But broad declarations of the games death are something we cannot and will not allow on our forums.

100% wrong if all my time is to spread fear and doubt then i wouldnt be activaly doing events in ro and activally reporting bots. 

I post those other topics that u may call spreading fear and doubt to get you people to come down and see whats going on. You say you have all these works and updates coming to the game yet the updates this game actually needs is still on the back burner IE balance updates enchantments etc etc that has been forgotten for months to years on end. Spreading fear, Spreading doubt? Clearly not Im brining to attention what other people are thinking to themselves and afraid to say so. I merely want to see Ro as it was back when it was in valk, Debuffing in woe more meta that is understanble and fun and kafra boxes that actually peak the intrest of the players and not mindless cash grabs.  And truthfully theres really two questions Id love to ask? one of them is increasing immunities why havent that been looked into?

and second how hard is it to grab the past updates this server needs to continue being relevent and bring in more players?

Edit: I know your doing your best just as Oda tried to im not knocking off your hard work but the company as a whole needs to actually be on board with this fully and not just twittle their thumbs with 9 thousand other projects thinking they can do it all with minimum staffs. Thats purely illogical. just saying >.>

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 12 January 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#74 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

livestream please. anticipating round 2 on the "who's next?" list

edit: chakri that sig pic is F'n amazing dude! im stealing that for my picture inspiration collection :rice:

Thanks. I've got a lot more :P

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

100% wrong if all my time is to spread fear and doubt then i wouldnt be activaly doing events in ro and activally reporting bots. 

I post those other topics that u may call spreading fear and doubt to get you people to come down and see whats going on. You say you have all these works and updates coming to the game yet the updates this game actually needs is still on the back burner IE balance updates enchantments etc etc that has been forgotten for months to years on end. Spreading fear, Spreading doubt? Clearly not Im brining to attention what other people are thinking to themselves and afraid to say so. I merely want to see Ro as it was back when it was in valk, Debuffing in woe more meta that is understanble and fun and kafra boxes that actually peak the intrest of the players and not mindless cash grabs.  And truthfully theres really two questions Id love to ask? one of them is increasing immunities why havent that been looked into?

and second how hard is it to grab the past updates this server needs to continue being relevent and bring in more players?

Edit: I know your doing your best just as Oda tried to im not knocking off your hard work but the company as a whole needs to actually be on board with this fully and not just twittle their thumbs with 9 thousand other projects thinking they can do it all with minimum staffs. Thats purely illogical. just saying >.>

So this conversation is really something for a Boxing the Compass Q&A but I know this is really important to the community in general and I have a DB shipping job grinding away on the game servers so we have time.

Resistance Question: The concern about WoE balance is something we presented to the studio when they visited. As well as something that we made sure to include in the questions to the studio for January. We suggested some possible solutions but ultimately it is up to the studio to decide if and how to address these concerns. I was hoping to get something from the studio on the subject to show the community as a status update but it is not something we forgot about.

Update Question: The missing week to week balance changes and other minor is something that the studio is acutely aware of now due to ours (including the the community's see: https://forums.warpp...ward-to-thread/ ) efforts over the last year. The director that took over in august of 2016 is helping us catch up with these small updates which is why we are getting EXE changes such as the new carts, missing cards, the Horror toy factory and others. We are working on getting caught up.

Well the good news is during the last year the RO1 team got some extra help. With Ozzalia being added to the team I now have an experienced QA person (8 years previous experience) who I am training on the RO1 back end systems. Astra is a graphic designer as well as an all around awesome person, and there are behind the scenes people helping out as well.  We are going to have a better 2017 and hopefully lots of fun exploring Rune Midgard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users