ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

it makes doram a level 175 novice

It technically is in the world of RO, but the way kRO designed it is akin to a WoW job class without the option of professions.

#130 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

The DoT goes away with a heal clip/scroll though.
There's so many "what if" situations, but I feel like people are seriously overreacting to Dorams.

I agree which is why I'm not gonna bother to woe with one I'll just use it for pvm for -_-s and giggles.

#131 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

I agree which is why I'm not gonna bother to woe with one I'll just use it for pvm for -_-s and giggles.

The Doram we see in the WoE video is probably just one in a million. Setting a pro Doram as a class standard is just meh imo lol

#132 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Can Doram race use halter leads? :ani_meow:

#133 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

ya they ride in some cart thingy

#134 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

omg.

#135 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

omg.

ur avatar and your omg was just perfect lmao

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 14 January 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#136 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

I wonder what is it?

10161.png

#137 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

doratata?

#138 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

are they magic type class? If so will they over power wl and sorc?

#139 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

are they magic type class? If so will they over power wl and sorc?

They are a ranged physical magic dps tank support.

And yes. They certainly will.

#140 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

Can Doram race use halter leads? :ani_meow:

You can see one use their halter in this video I think, this also shows where the NPCs are that exchange tokens for doram gears I believe.

#141 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Its pulled by a hamster!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

#142 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

Its pulled by a hamster!!

I guess the fairy godmother's magic wore off so the horse reverted back to a mouse. :dunno:

It's kinda creepy to be honest, "Pull my cart or I'll eat you!" :angry:

#143 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

what next, they end up speeding up Starlord / Soul Reaper, then bring out Dark Knights and Shamans?

reminder:
e22avgC.png

Edited by kijudoav, 15 January 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#144 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

I guess the fairy godmother's magic wore off so the horse reverted back to a mouse. :dunno:

It's kinda creepy to be honest, "Pull my cart or I'll eat you!" :angry:

That's the story behind it. A mouse running away from a cat.  :heh:

#145 Cobolt

Cobolt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:12 AM

Though looking at this video I wonder if Picky Peck can hit targets in a single gutter line?

Picky Peck is just a purely single target skill.  This player is just very quick at alternating between the targets...

Id be more worried about the spamability and the ability to raise matk on the magic tree tbh

Assuming you have no after cast delay... Picky Peck can be spammed as fast as your attack speed allows.  Silvervine Stem Spear can be spammed a little depending on your attack speed, but the highest I've seen anyone do is 2..

Catnip Meteor and Lunatic Carrot Beat have long cooldowns to prevent spamming.   Lunatic Carrot Beat is more of a mid-game leveling skill (over 100), most Doram players ignore that skill later on.

They are a ranged physical magic dps tank support.

And yes. They certainly will.

If you mean in PvP.  I think Warlock damage is significantly higher than Dorams magical power, and Dorams powerful magic is single target.  I won't compare them to Sorcerer, because on kRO they act a lot different from how I've seen on iRO.  (On kRO, people will use a shadow weapon that reduces diamond dusts cooldown and only use that skill as their offensive skill).

Warlocks are very powerful...  Magic Doram cannot compare, IMO.

Physical Doram is special.  If you are VERY RICH on KRO... You will be able to do anything by yourself.  But there is a very big gap in power between rich and poor... It is all about after cast delay.  Kiel Card, Heartwing Headband, Excellion Suit Set.. and high attack speed... Very expensive to buy.  The HTF video linked in here is someone with very best gears.  Not a regular Doram.

And to Clarify, here's how the builds will work out, for most Doram Players:

Picky Peck has to use all of their skill points in the physical tree.  They cannot get support abilities.

Magic DPS Dorams will get the Support Skills up to Tuna Party and will get up to the first passive in the magic tree.

Dorams 2nd tier of support skills is extremely lackluster, I have never seen anyone use them.

For War of Emperium, I feel scared of a Doram if I am on my own... but Dorams die very quickly...  They can do a lot of damage very quickly but also die very quickly... I am more scared of Warlock and Ranger than Doram.  I think Dorams do extremely high single target DPS with Picky Peck but are lackluster otherwise in WoE.

I wonder what is it?

10161.png

This NPC is the final NPC of the Doram Training questline.. You will find out later :)

I hope this information helps people a little.. I am player from kRO and I am excited to see it on iRO! I love playing with Dorams :)

#146 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

Very nice info but the way you're talking about Warlocks make me really know you're from another server...

#147 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:52 AM

Picky Peck is just a purely single target skill.  This player is just very quick at alternating between the targets...

Catnip Meteor and Lunatic Carrot Beat have long cooldowns to prevent spamming.   Lunatic Carrot Beat is more of a mid-game leveling skill (over 100), most Doram players ignore that skill later on.

Thank you. i did wonder if that was the case as I saw them clicking both towards the end but couldn't earlier so wasn't sure.

I did hear Lunatic Carrot Beat is not as high damage as Catnip Meteor, I wonder if Horror Toy Factory would still be doable with Carrot Beat since clicking both evenly sounds a pain heh.

Physical Doram is special.  If you are VERY RICH on KRO... You will be able to do anything by yourself.  But there is a very big gap in power between rich and poor... It is all about after cast delay.  Kiel Card, Heartwing Headband, Excellion Suit Set.. and high attack speed... Very expensive to buy.  The HTF video linked in here is someone with very best gears.  Not a regular Doram.

Yeah, I think a freshly hatched doram won't be as powerful as many think, like every class you gotta invest time and money.

Ash mentioned iRO's ASPD formula is different to kRO so the attack speed may be easier here, but if they're like battle bishops you'll still need some expensive gears. After cast delay reduction I bet would still be expensive to achieve here, plus we don't have the Excellion set yet.

Picky Peck has to use all of their skill points in the physical tree.  They cannot get support abilities.

I thought I saw some on kRO get a mix of both, like in this thread for example:

http://www.inven.co....4544&p=13&l=790

But maybe they opted to not max other skills to achieve that or the pre-req skill trees changed since?

I hope this information helps people a little.. I am player from kRO and I am excited to see it on iRO! I love playing with Dorams

Very helpful, thank you for your experienced input. :no1:

#148 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

If the two pre-req skills didn't require you to burn point son them, you'd have enough skill points to completely master 2 of their 3 branches. As it stands, because the support skills' mastery one isn't that useful (10~30% healing efficacy, but not a big deal considering how Doram healing works) you're better off taking half the support skills. Their snare/root skill is very nice too.

The Fat Tuna or whatever the ygg berry is called is ridiculous. Do a combo of Stoop (mental strength for a few seconds) to that and you're good to go. 

I hate this class and everything about it. I can only hope Rogue/SC gets some use out of their skills. 

#149 Cobolt

Cobolt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Very nice info but the way you're talking about Warlocks make me really know you're from another server...

I will admit, I have not seen warlocks in action here. I do not know how they compare.

I thought I saw some on kRO get a mix of both, like in this thread for example:

http://www.inven.co....4544&p=13&l=790

But maybe they opted to not max other skills to achieve that or the pre-req skill trees changed since?

I am curious about that.. the player had those skills already before the new skills added?

The issue is for Doram, the very final skill in their Physical tree doubles your damage on skills (depending on your health percentage), so it is very important to get. This will use almost all of your skill points to get...

I wonder if Horror Toy Factory would still be doable with Carrot Beat since clicking both evenly sounds a pain heh.

Hm.. I think not.. The damage is a little low.  It is a skill that people use for killing groups of low health enemies.  But you might be able to manage it...  On kRO the Doram Shadow Equipment reduces the cooldown of Lunatic Carrots so that helps with it.

If you are patient then you can try it.

I did some more reading in this thread.  Replying to some early posts.

As far as I can tell, kRO has no need for informative fansites since almost all information players need are on the official website.

We have fansites with lots of guides!  Official website is very lacking in information outside of monster, skill and item info.

http://kafra.kr/

http://cafe.naver.com/ragongate

http://ro.inven.co.kr/

All these websites have lots of information to use!

I just hope gears that the Dorams use are not something fancy like MvP and Gods. Hope for something basic like KvM items that anyone can just farm it peacefully without getting bullied by veterans ie MvPing lol

Doram have their own weapons and armor sets which will drop from various monsters.  The equipment itself shouldn't be hard to find.  Refine can be hard for newbie.

There is equipment that can be shared between dorams, especially before level 100 (when they get their first equipment set).  After level 100, you might be using a Doram equipment set until max level because you need to wear Doram Armor, Shoe and Cloak to get the benefit of Catnip Meteor and Lunatic Carrot accessory.

If you do not use those accessory, you have more freedom in equipment.

#150 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

level 100 skills prevent from learning other branch. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users