JRO item re-balancing - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

JRO item re-balancing

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

It's not even what one person considers OP. The concept of balance for most games is that the methods and tools available to the player scale with the content played.

I see where you're coming from which I agree. That's why Doram needs to be left the way it is :D

#27 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

On one hand you have the pushing of jRO gears, which has accessories that reduces Diamond Dust cooldown to 1 second when 2 are worn.

On the other hand you have the pushing of kRO gears, which has a shadow set that reduces Diamond Dust cooldown to 1 second.

Take your poison, because Kafra gears are stupid.

#28 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

hmm i just want toe cosmetic things from jro honestly.

and yes kafra gears are stupid bordorline retarded to insanity in ur bum >.>

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

People want iRO customizations so we'll get both kRO and jRO content. :U

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

kRO is confused and to put an end to a part of that confusion is to introduce jRO boxes (and items) here and in kRO in order to gauge their selling methods versus their own.

#31 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

People want iRO customizations so we'll get both kRO and jRO content. :U

the only jro custimaztion we need is jro cosmetics that doesnt give stats or buffs in anyway. unless we can enchant them in our own server.

Kro just needs to start making a list of what other servers have and don't have and send those sonuva pieces of work over here so we iro can filther through them and put whats best in to this server.

kRO is confused and to put an end to a part of that confusion is to introduce jRO boxes (and items) here and in kRO in order to gauge their selling methods versus their own.

hope they realize they are lacking heavily.

Disclaimer: I dont know whats best but i know whats best for me to have fun and that's diversity and food making ^.^

I have to highlight that cause other people will not read and think something else. selective reading ya know.

#32 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

Not going to happen since people have said they don't want a kRO server. So expect more iRO customizations.

This conclusion is totally ridiculous. You asked "Do you want a kRO server, WITHOUT ANYTHING THAT IRO ALREADY HAS?" Then people said "no". It's has absolutely NOTHING to do with not wanting stuff from kRO as is. I might add that even if your question was not biased, your sample is extremely low, and can never be used to reflect the community's opinion.

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Good enough for iRO. :U Who cares about what the rest of the playerbase thinks.

#34 Alddayr

Alddayr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationYou guess

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

The items are OP, but the way I see it rather than unbalacing the game, it balances it.

Take the Imuke Shiled for example. Since renewal things have always come down to ranged skills classes, and I get why one would think the shield is OP, but so were AS and DB in the first place. Classic RO was much more balanced(I don't think anyone would discuss this), no class had that kind of power by itself over the other ones and we were all just fine. In fact, people would be more organized and efficient during sieges as they would need to in order to win.

This is just my humble opinion, but I think some people should look at the game as a whole and not their one favorite class.

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Good enough for iRO. :U Who cares about what the rest of the playerbase thinks.

^ That's my girl! Damn lol

#36 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

iRO is just hit or miss. Things like the mad bunny shield are enabled in WoE on other servers.

Also, I feel bad for the people being over hyped for dorams. If you watch kRO WoE videos, there's literally 1 doram out of 40 people.

Edited by Myzery, 15 January 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Because doram dont have bio5 headgears

#38 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Because doram dont have bio5 headgears

So Doram OP OP then BIO5 then delete your Doram?

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

Dorams can be quite powerful in the hands of the right person, but your average player is going to get crushed in iRO. To be super OP you also have to limit cards to mostly doram only gear.
The bio 5 headgears make some classes broken, but it also makes them really squishy,

#40 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

I dunno, nearly all Doram video's showing how OP they are include the fact they are wearing the penetration/tempest sets, but I think that is besides the point so I wont add more to this discussion.

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

So Doram OP OP then BIO5 then delete your Doram?

They still are, but by then you just pick wich OP skill/class you wanna kill ppl with, and most kRO ppl chose other classes over dorams.

#42 FreecsBourne

FreecsBourne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:ChaosxThor

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

seeing a class that can 1 hit a Shadow Chaser is a............. A Class that is fully equipped with all racial reductions with shield and Combat Knife clinching on you like a leech trying to pull down all your clothes! that untouchable unkillable job and this little mew mew throw a single skill and wulla haahaha that video is the evidence how the WoE will get broken mew mew mew mew...

but but but its already broken   :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  

Edited by FreecsBourne, 15 January 2017 - 02:57 PM.

#43 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

iRO is just hit or miss. Things like the mad bunny shield are enabled in WoE on other servers.

Also, I feel bad for the people being over hyped for dorams. If you watch kRO WoE videos, there's literally 1 doram out of 40 people.

Dorams can be quite powerful in the hands of the right person, but your average player is going to get crushed in iRO. To be super OP you also have to limit cards to mostly doram only gear.
The bio 5 headgears make some classes broken, but it also makes them really squishy,

kRO WoE doesn't mean anything,their server is far more updated than our and they have a lot of broken gear.+,There are a LOT of useful classes/builds but it's more easy for players to just copy and paste some braindead Sura/Chaser/RK/Ranger/WL build.

I already said in another topic how USEFUL a Rebel/Kagerou can be inside a Castle,it's the same for Doram;you are not going to see 20 dorams per guild like Suras because they can't wear WoE Set which means they require some skill to play (like you said) but i'm sure every guild should have at least 3 cats for pickoff (like a GF sura,i already lost the count on how many times i stopped the enemy recall as Sura/Rebel).

Also,kRO has more one shot options and less defensive options,so,who knows how Doram is going to be here.

@edit

Like ash said,every class is broken on kRO.

You can watch every kRO video and you are going to see ANY class one shotting(except super novice '-'),they just prefer 3rd classes (maybe cause they already have for year or because kRO leveling is really hard?).

Edited by Hissis, 15 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#44 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'm not into Doram's OPness. I just wanted a pet cat that can poke monsters as well.  :heh:

If iRO wanted customization they should at least make their own content? Not, getting stuffs from jRO or kRO.

On balancing issue, it already is balanced. Don't add slots on the rings please.  :heh:

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

^ That's my girl! Damn lol

Well, considering people also said no to a PVP server, iRO would rather keep the playerbase niche rather than reach out to the most players they could get.

#46 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

I had my firsthand experience with sorcs spamming DD last WoE1. I agree that the skill that they only use is DD :wah: Yes, the ring is OP but I am okay with its effects together with the other ragcan contents. It just depends on the strategy you may use against players who have these gears with them, new challenges to face :P_smile:This is just also my humble opinion, no hard feelings :thumb2:

#47 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

DD is made even more OP by the fact we still don't have the bug fix that prevents crystallization from being reapplied while it is still active.

But then there is also the change to crystallize that prevents the status from disappearing when you have 0 SP :v

#48 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

They still are, but by then you just pick wich OP skill/class you wanna kill ppl with, and most kRO ppl chose other classes over dorams.

This is an amazing approach to balance! You make every class able to one shot so now everyone can be happy! /s

And about Diamond Dust, it's okay guys the nerf to DD has arrived after long last! Cats can Groom us all out of Crystallization <3

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Well, considering people also said no to a PVP server, iRO would rather keep the playerbase niche rather than reach out to the most players they could get.

when you made that thread in August 2014, I hadnot even joined iRO. Didnt know abut forums until two years later or something lol

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

when you made that thread in August 2014, I hadnot even joined iRO. Didnt know abut forums until two years later or something lol

Wouldn't matter, they'll still listen to the "no" over the "yes."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users