Creative Convention Hat Discussion - Page 5 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Creative Convention Hat Discussion

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#101 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

Can we have a poll for voting, as a community, about whether or not CC hats should or should not be account bound, rather than blindly adhering to Myzery's complaints? Thanks.

There, corrected for you. Making CC hats account bound for all is not my suggestion and Astra doesn't even seem to consider my side apropos the discussion at hand to call it adherence to my "complaints", much less a blind adherence. LOL.

Edited by ROCKheir, 03 February 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#102 ellol

ellol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Is it possible that CC Hats handed out to contributors with commissioned submissions be account-bound while the ones for artists-themselves be not account-bound?

Not his complaint he said

Edited by ellol, 03 February 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#103 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Eh? Did you not read Astra's decision on the matter? She didn't consider that proposition of mine but instead decided to make it account-bound for all kinds of submissions as prodded by Myzery and others.

#104 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

You're exactly right, I never wanted anything to be account bound. The CC hats make little sense since they already have a price range.
Am I okay with them being participation prizes? I am, but there needs to be other prizes for the GM hosted events imo.

I will go with whatever is decided.

People that had the intent of making obscene amounts of zeny were what caused this. It wasn't just Rock, but he is the most outspoken and prolific example.
I have nothing against them making zeny, just against the amount they were getting for some of the rewards and how some of the rewards were handled.

#105 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

And just to be clear, ellol. The subject of this discussion is the CC hats ALONE and people are accusing me of suggesting it to be not account-bound for artist-themselves so that I could make tons of zenny off em when in fact I never sold the CC Hat I got from the previous cycle nor asked for another CC Hat from the most recent submission. Why not check the iRO Chaos Market page on FB to see who's making profit off the CC Hats. My suggestion comes from my conviction that profiting out of an artist's work WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION has moral issues to it and thus something should be done about it. Sadly the only part that people saw was my remark that it's ok if artists should so decide to sell their CC hats which came from an artwork they worked hard for and used it as an opportunity to shoot me for making a lot of zenny out of the prizes I won from Forum Art Contests which is not illegal at all and is a different matter than the issue with CC Hats that I'm trying to discuss about.

#106 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

Wow, art galleries that sell paintings of artists have no morals, im speechless

'-'

#107 UrsaRamdine

UrsaRamdine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:30 AM

Can you please make full moon costume into an enchant stone?  :p_idea:

edit: wrong topic?

edit2: I think zero's art is the best. I'm biased tho. I've been secretly having a crush on her since 2013 XD.

Edited by UrsaRamdine, 04 February 2017 - 04:34 AM.

#108 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

edit2: I think zero's art is the best. I'm biased tho. I've been secretly having a crush on her since 2013 XD.

You're not talking about me, are you?

#109 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

Because each contest has had different prize and that whats motivates me..

maybe you can pm the contest host for a different pri--kappa.png?w=640

#110 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

Can we please make all art rewards account bound the rewards are suppose to be cosmetic and for your own use. But when you got artist selling their hats for price of gtb and crying others are selling their work it's time to shut it down. Make all costume art submission account bound.

#111 UrsaRamdine

UrsaRamdine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

@squal zero

No not you. I'm talking about the zero with black cat picture. Not squal zero, but black cat zero. *not so creepy wink*

I really do like your doodle tho. And also I especially love your voice when you sang your version of colour of the wind. It's one of my favorite songs!

Anyway I was just trying to be relevant. I think I posted on the wrong thread. What's this thread about anyway lol? I thought it was about new hat/costume suggestions. My bad :P

Edited by UrsaRamdine, 04 February 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#112 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:42 AM

@squal zero

No not you. I'm talking about the zero with black cat picture. Not squal zero, but black cat zero. *not so creepy wink*

I really do like your doodle tho. And also I especially love your voice when you sang your version of colour of the wind. It's one of my favorite songs!

o_o

#113 Pandiwi

Pandiwi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hi Astra, for ALL creative events the participation prize are going to be CC hats? I don't really know how I feel now.. I personally joined those contests to get and to collect different hats with my name on it, even though I know that I am not going to win. Because each contest has had different prize and that whats motivates me..

Sorry for join the discussion so late >_<, but I don't check forums so often anymore '-'

I wanted to point out what juanita said, because I feel in the same way, I saw there was a valentine's day contest, and I was working in submit something, but now that I saw the participation prize, and knowing that all art events are going to have the same participation prize, it discourage me to join in these events.  :p_sad:

I am not "that" talented ( and some other people feel in the same way ), but still joined for fun and the posiblity to win a cute participation prize, I don't know how is going to be now with CM Astra, but at least before always the same people won. And even knowing that same people will always win, I still participated cause it was this option to get a participation prize. Now get a CC hat for prize in contests and in loading screen submissions, where in contests at least you're making an effort, I personally don't feel like participating, because I'm still learning how to draw and I might never be as good as other artists of this community who have way more chances to win.

If it's something already decided, I guess it's alright, just hope this doesn't discourage too many people, good luck c:

#114 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, I was under the impression that we could get whatever the participation prize would be OR the CC hat if we wanted. But if it's always just going to be the CC hat, I guess I'll go on not drawing for contests now. 

Either way, I think it's stupid to account bind the hats that previously weren't. Now I have to find the hats that were borrowed from me and make sure I have them on different accounts before they become bound. ~___~ The way I see it though, once somebody gets a hat, it's their hat and they can do with it what they want. If they want to sell it, sure why not. If they wanna keep it, then that's cool too. It's not really hurting you because somebody else is selling their hat. 

#115 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thank you to VMod Avocado for moving these posts and making a separate thread.

Hello everybody! Thanks for your responses, it's been very interesting to read through. I appreciate that you are all so passionate about the hats! It's been a tough thing to think about since many of you have good points already, but here's what I've decided to do with the Creative Convention Hats:

• All Creative Convention Hats will remain as optional participation prizes for the general loading screen thread.
  • All available colors of the hat will be account-bound starting mid-February.
  • When claiming your monthly load screen prize, you may request to have the hat placed on a different character/account (ie your alt, your friend's character, etc).
  • There will be no requests granted to retroactively move hats given before today.

I wanted to keep the integrity of the prize aspect of these hats, and since all future hats from the load screen contests will be account bound, these will be too. After all, two of the colors are already bound, and I would rather have them all match than not.

I'll give everybody about two weeks to situate their hats to where they want them to stay before I make the request to Campitor to have them bound.

Thanks again for your input everybody!

Always make a sharp right decision. Can I give you my hat? xD

Actually I would like you to stop giving out reward(s) altogether. It's becoming more troublesome. This submitting a loading art and getting an appreciation reward should be a simple thing.

If you want, I'll feed you countless quality arts. I've got tons. Unless you're bored with my RG arts  :p_devil:  :p_angel:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 February 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#116 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:20 AM

Huh? I guess i'm too late.....

So now....no more cute hat for my costume collection? All will be the same CC hat?

I think it's little bit sad.

:p_sad: :p_sad:

#117 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Always make a sharp right decision. Can I give you my hat? xD

Actually I would like you to stop giving out reward(s) altogether. It's becoming more troublesome. This submitting a loading art and getting an appreciation reward should be a simple thing.
If you want, I'll feed you countless quality arts. I've got tons. Unless you're bored with my RG arts  :p_devil:  :p_angel:

Amen I got tons of gx arts ;)

#118 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Eh? Did you not read Astra's decision on the matter? She didn't consider that proposition of mine but instead decided to make it account-bound for all kinds of submissions as prodded by Myzery and others.

Sorry for not addressing your proposition, ROCKheir, I could have sworn that I have. Simply put, your suggestion can't really be done. We're not able to toggle the way an item is bound to different accounts as you have suggested.

Sorry for join the discussion so late >_<, but I don't check forums so often anymore '-'

I wanted to point out what juanita said, because I feel in the same way, I saw there was a valentine's day contest, and I was working in submit something, but now that I saw the participation prize, and knowing that all art events are going to have the same participation prize, it discourage me to join in these events.  :p_sad:

I am not "that" talented ( and some other people feel in the same way ), but still joined for fun and the posiblity to win a cute participation prize, I don't know how is going to be now with CM Astra, but at least before always the same people won. And even knowing that same people will always win, I still participated cause it was this option to get a participation prize. Now get a CC hat for prize in contests and in loading screen submissions, where in contests at least you're making an effort, I personally don't feel like participating, because I'm still learning how to draw and I might never be as good as other artists of this community who have way more chances to win.

If it's something already decided, I guess it's alright, just hope this doesn't discourage too many people, good luck c:

I can see that many people are upset by this decision, and I'm willing to reconsider.

The idea of having the CC hats available for all contests was to have it open for more future contests that don't involve just drawing. Right now, only artists can really get it, but I wanted it to be available to others for writing contests, cooking contests, song contests, etc which we will have in the future. Otherwise, many don't have the opportunity to get it.

Yeah, I was under the impression that we could get whatever the participation prize would be OR the CC hat if we wanted. But if it's always just going to be the CC hat, I guess I'll go on not drawing for contests now. 

Bold emphasis is my own - I think this is a fair proposition, especially since it mimics what I'm already doing in the General Loading Screen thread.

Sorry for all the confusion, everybody. You've all made very good points that I'll be taking into consideration, but right now, I like foxySox's idea best.

Edit: For the Valentine's Day contest, since it ends by tonight I will keep the participation prizes as is, but will implement any changes for future contests.

I'm here for you all, and still trying to find the best balance between what is great for you and what's most viable for us.

Edited by CMAstra, 08 February 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#119 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

Sorry for not addressing your proposition, ROCKheir, I could have sworn that I have. Simply put, your suggestion can't really be done. We're not able to toggle the way an item is bound to different accounts as you have suggested.

I see now. And I understand. I appreciate your effort in trying to strike a balance between opposing viewpoints nonetheless, CM. Don't worry it was just a mere suggestion and I didn't intend to impose it or force you or others to imbibe it. So I don't really mind if it gets ignored or if it can't be done for some reason. Most of my posts here were not to advance that proposition of mine but to defend myself from unfair accusations and character assassination. Again, thank you CMAstra for giving the Creative Section your time and attention that it needs.

#120 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Sorry for all the confusion, everybody. You've all made very good points that I'll be taking into consideration, but right now, I like foxySox's idea best.

Edit: For the Valentine's Day contest, since it ends by tonight I will keep the participation prizes as is, but will implement any changes for future contests.

I'm here for you all, and still trying to find the best balance between what is great for you and what's most viable for us.

+1  You're doing an awesome job Astra :D

#121 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Why would it matter to you what people do? If you want to use an artist's artwork for the load screens, you have to ask them. If the artist has no issues with that, neither should you. There's nothing to do with shamelessness. It's just how the market works; the demand for in game items is higher than the demand for art. Using commissioned art shouldn't be valued less than drawing it themselves.

You're confusing using other people's art for loading screens vs. using other people's art to win a contest.

The point of a contest is to display your own skill and be rewarded for it, not someone else's.

If we're just gonna go pay other people to draw us art and submit it for a contest then why have a contest in the first place? The GMs might as well start selling us the prizes for zeny/real dollars and not ask us to submit any art in the first place.

It doesn't matter that the artist said it's ok because it's not about them in the first place - it has nothing to do with you using someone else's work with/without permission - it's about the people participating who bother to submit their own art and actually work for their prizes.

Commissioned artwork should not be allowed to be submitted for a contest because at that point it ceases being a contest.

On the other hand If you are proud of someone else's work and would like for it to be displayed as a loading screen then simply request to have it displayed as a loading screen and opt out of making it a contest entry because it's not your art to be submitting in a contest in the first place. Or better yet just ask them or encourage them to submit it themselves if you're so proud of it.

Edited by trljason, 11 February 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#122 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

You're confusing using other people's art for loading screens vs. using other people's art to win a contest.

The point of a contest is to display your own skill and be rewarded for it, not someone else's.

If we're just gonna go pay other people to draw us art and submit it for a contest then why have a contest in the first place? The GMs might as well start selling us the prizes for zeny/real dollars and not ask us to submit any art in the first place.

It doesn't matter that the artist said it's ok because it's not about them in the first place - it has nothing to do with you using someone else's work with/without permission - it's about the people participating who bother to submit their own art and actually work for their prizes.

Commissioned artwork should not be allowed to be submitted for a contest because at that point it ceases being a contest.

On the other hand If you are proud of someone else's work and would like for it to be displayed as a loading screen then simply request to have it displayed as a loading screen and opt out of making it a contest entry because it's not your art to be submitting in a contest in the first place. Or better yet just ask them or encourage them to submit it themselves if you're so proud of it.

you're not allowed to submit commissioned work for contests, only for general loading screen threads, with credit :)  like in the rules for the Valentine's contest

if that's what you mean

I think the quote you used was for general loading screen discussion, and not the contests

#123 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

I was never talking about contests? Lel. TY for bolding contest though, so I didn't need read your post.

Edited by KamiKali, 11 February 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#124 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

you're not allowed to submit commissioned work for contests, only for general loading screen threads, with credit :)  like in the rules for the Valentine's contest

if that's what you mean

I think the quote you used was for general loading screen discussion, and not the contests

I was never talking about contests? Lel. TY for bolding contest though, so I didn't need read your post.

I'm just a huge retard honestly. Forget I exist. Can a GM just delete my forum account please. This is a formal request.

Edited by trljason, 11 February 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#125 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

I'm just a huge retard honestly. Forget I exist. Can a GM just delete my forum account please. This is a formal request.

Ehh people make mistakes, life goes on  :heh:

Edited by trainerblue, 11 February 2017 - 11:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users