Cylinder Hairband - Update 2 - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cylinder Hairband - Update 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#76 FruitBatman

FruitBatman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

After testing the proposed changes on Sakray the new bonuses on the item will be as follows

+7 600% (total)

+5 300% (total)

100%(total)

On average 600% will increase most players (users seen in testing) somewhere around 57-62% 

300% will increase 27-32%

100% will increase 8-12%

Spoiler

Currently these changes can be seen on Sakray Prontera area (zone 1 only)

Original Thread: https://forums.warpp...d-update/page-5

Please note that this item may need to be rebalanced should there ever be a change to the skill's formula (as far as I know none is planned)

well, sakray isn't working here..

#77 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Do we know that kRO did not know how the hat works and acted accordingly to make it not OP for us because we always cry about it? I would give them the benefit of the doubt considering gungho still gets Gravity to make all their custom items.

#78 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

It would not be right to leave the headgear in its broken state once we figured out the way to give the item the appropriate effects. Should we receive a change to the way the damage formula functions then the headgears will be adjusted to fit again into those new formula. Should you have feedback on the headgear you may continue to post. However off topic posts are about to be purged. 

As a note for the off topic discussion I understand your concerns and I would be very annoyed if that happened to me as a gamer. I will do everything I can to make sure that the items work as they should for you.

#79 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

There are plenty of things that aren't working as intended but are still left in with the game (Blacksmith's Blessing).

But the Cylinder's Hairband is special because it costs money and is the only item in the Oversea Care Package 3 box that makes the box worth getting. So without that buff to the hat, no one would ever buy the current box.

#80 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

There are plenty of things that aren't working as intended but are still left in with the game (Blacksmith's Blessing).

But the Cylinder's Hairband is special because it costs money and is the only item in the Oversea Care Package 3 box that makes the box worth getting. So without that buff to the hat, no one would ever buy the current box.

And leaving something in that is more powerful than intended is even worse.

Doesn't matter if it is paid for or not.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 07 March 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#81 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Definitely matters if it's paid. I would be pissed if I dropped a couple of hundreds and not getting what was advertised. I'd care less about other items falling into the same category because I never paid real money for those.

#82 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

Definitely matters if it's paid. I would be pissed if I dropped a couple of hundreds and not getting what was advertised. I'd care less about other items falling into the same category because I never paid real money for those.

No it really doesn't matter, things need to have the ability to be changed, if you think that being an item that is paid for immediately makes this not the case then you may as well give up at this point period because the game will spin further and further into chaos.

And all of this doesn't negate the fact that these items are not neccessarily shop only, you never know what the future brings. People who pay for these boxes are essentially paying for a chance at an early advantage at best.

#83 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

Blacksmith's blessings were also paid, since you had to get them from the mad bunny scrolls which were cash shop items. 

I don't know about about the potential implications and consequences of the current workaround, but I am glad to see that the item was fixed and that there is the promise of more item fixes to come. 

#84 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

I will be more than happy to disagree with you the importance of Cylinder's value in all of this.

Please feel free to suggest another item in our current kp box that is worth spending 300 kp to gamble for.

In the context of Blacksmith's Blessing; they are paid. But the GMs never confirmed how they were used. As such, people weren't always attempting to gamble at the item with the bunny scrolls so it's much less of a severe case. However, Cylinder's Hairband was the item that people were gambling to get. I know plenty of people who bought boxes to get the hat because they believed on the item's description on what it's going to be.

Edited by Demeris, 07 March 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#85 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

That's pretty subjective m80, since 3 bucks isn't much to me.. but arguably, Kirin Armor (free angeling), Pororoca shoes, Hero Cape (basically a free DR), and the beelzebub wing are all p good and are "worth it", especially since things like rideword is 300kp and translates to about 40m zeny. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 07 March 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#86 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

I will be more than happy to disagree with you the importance of Cylinder's value in all of this.

Please feel free to suggest another item in our current kp box that is worth spending 300 kp to gamble for.

In the context of Blacksmith's Blessing; they are paid. But the GMs never confirmed how they were used. As such, people weren't always attempting to gamble at the item with the bunny scrolls so it's much less of a severe case. However, Cylinder's Hairband was the item that people were gambling to get. I know plenty of people who bought boxes to get the hat because they believed on the item's description on what it's going to be.

This hat alone with the current effects gives around 188,000 damage per second increase for veteran genes. I think 300kp for that kind of increase is bloody stupid considering that hat without the effect let's you do away with DEX entirely.

#87 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

Get use to it buddy. As much I can complain or disagree with iRO choice to implement high powered items without much thought of variety, there's not much I can do. I don't run the game, and I don't write their paychecks.

It has always been the players job to adapt to whatever BS the iRO team wants to put in. I disagreed with implementing renewal, hated the idea of shadow sets, and many other things that makes me wonder why I put up with the crap. But I learned how to adapt and take advantage of what I know and how to best overcome it. The GMs won't be a great way to get the things you want to do most of the time because well... that's just too much work.

#88 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

i have to agree on this matter. cylinder is a cash shop item. harvester, sea captain, and the wandy headie mentioned were all anniversary quest rewards from a few years ago. you never had to buy those to begin with.

people are spending actual money on boxes attempting to get a cyl. if it doesnt work correctly then from a business perspective, as mentioned in another thread, there could be legal issues for false advertising. its likely viewed as something that needs fixing immediately for this reason.

another reason this headgear is probably taking priority is because of its already high demand (as a properly working item of course). i realize other KP shop items also need fixes too... but those gears aren't going for 1bil+. if they were, they'd have already gotten a fix for obvious reasons.

and i would say one of the reasons that the older quest headies havent gotten fixed too, aside from not knowing formulas, would have to do with demand versus future planning. look at all of the legit OP gear coming out now. its understandable from a creator's viewpoint that you're eventually going to make something better than the broken gear in question...... some day....

i personally understand how those quest gears are (for the most part) cheaper in price and benefit newer players who cant yet afford all the OP high priced gear. but i more accurately understand that though ragnarok is a game it is also a business, and when there are money matters involving your clients/customers, you need to solve them quickly if you want to retain your population numbers.

EDIT: and as for blacksmith blessings, they aren't technically broken. they their effects just aren't yet implemented so in a way they're like placeholders.

Edited by Fuuton, 07 March 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#89 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Entirely out of curiosity, how many would want the 100% cast time reduction to go back to 0.1 seconds as per the original description? 

#90 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

that's like asking if i want them to nerf perma-camo.

oh wait...

#91 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Well, I'm all for sticking to the principle but I do think that one ought to consider what exactly they are asking for with the hinting of legal action should item effects not match the original description. 

Not to mention that the description wasn't actually wrong, it just wasn't what everyone thought it would be. 

edit: to clarify, I am in favor of changing the effect to be closer to what I also interpreted it to be, but I wasn't infuriated at it being the janky version.

Edited by mildcontempt, 07 March 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#92 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

tbh im wondering.. or dreading... the possibility of it being reverted back to that. i guess from a legal standpoint.. there wouldnt be any because i cant see very many people begging for instacast to be removed.

for this reason, to me, its still not yet worth carding. if they remove that effect then you might as well wait for the bio5 headie because it'll have more boom and you'd be facing the same problem: a headie without instacast.

#93 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

i still wonder what is so difficult for kRO to make this hat work the same as Old Midas Hat :v

actually, remaking the item script from 0 but with already working components(bio5 script) sounds way less work for them but still...

#94 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

i still wonder what is so difficult for kRO to make this hat work the same as Old Midas Hat :v

actually, remaking the item script from 0 but with already working components(bio5 script) sounds way less work for them but still...

Bad ash, bringing logic to the illogical.

#95 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Well, I'm all for sticking to the principle but I do think that one ought to consider what exactly they are asking for with the hinting of legal action should item effects not match the original description. 

Not to mention that the description wasn't actually wrong, it just wasn't what everyone thought it would be. 

edit: to clarify, I am in favor of changing the effect to be closer to what I also interpreted it to be, but I wasn't infuriated at it being the janky version.

Not sure if any legal action was going to take place but some people weren't lucky like some of us to get a cylinder headband with extra VIP points or opening a couple boxes so we can't be selfish like that.  There are people who were unlucky and had to spend a whole lot to get one and there are some who are trying to profit with extras that bought a whole lot more boxes.  Either way they needed to fix this to safe face more than anything.

I barely even use my gene so I could care less but already knew the backlash that would occur from this.

#96 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

I'm sure no legal action was going to take place (as if it even could), but people love to throw that chestnut out. 

#97 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

Edited by BoyAtlas, 07 March 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#98 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

By definition the product was defective as is a lot of items in game.  If say a lawyer did take on the case pro bono (someone's relative)  it would have caused more internal WP problems due to legal fees etc if refunds weren't issued.  If the money added up and the state decided to charge WP then it would have caused audits which in turn is way more work than fixing the problem.  If something were to happen like that and Gravity got bad publicity and in turn had their credit rating downgraded then things would be very messy. 

The damage is already done tho from the player point of view and people will now scrutinize every new item introduced.  Lessons learned on both sides I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users