Renewal March 23rd Maintenance - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal March 23rd Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
219 replies to this topic

#151 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

This isn't a single player game though. How you spend your time and what you earn should have merit.
In PvM the gap is insane and MvPs will always have a significant impact. In WoE, strategy and teamwork and counter a single person that's decked out.

That isn't completely true either. MvP cards are meant to be rare and special and new equipment is supposed to come out to change the game and the mechanics.
I am not against MvP shadow sets, but they should never come from the way Campitor initially proposed them.

Just because MVPs and maybe Gods take a lot of time to make/acquire doesnt mean that they should remain in their glory forever. As an MMO given as old as RO, somehow these equips need to be watered down to make way of new equipments as well as new player, that's how the business and game goes. Giving importance to the time invested given in the game is good and totally understandable, but too much of it as in blocking updates/features/items whatever it is just to cater your needs or whatever they are holding onto the game is just plain wrong

Well because WoE is done, we will bring it on in forums now. Renewal WoE should be renamed to Classic 2.0 lol

The more i feel it

#152 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Just because MVPs and maybe Gods take a lot of time to make/acquire doesnt mean that they should remain in their glory forever. As an MMO given as old as RO, somehow these equips need to be watered down to make way of new equipments as well as new player, that's how the business and game goes. Giving importance to the time invested given in the game is good and totally understandable, but too much of it as in blocking updates/features/items whatever it is just to cater your needs or whatever they are holding onto the game is just plain wrong

There were multiple attempts to make new ways for newer players to come into play but iRO has blocked all of them so far. Sropho was banned, Nightmare Biolabs still no where to be seen, iRO bans chance to get MVP from cash shop, "Sealed" MVP cards banned and will not be introduced. But you can't really say that there are NO way for new players to enter because the new gears from jRO Oversea Package are actually all quite good.

If anything you should be complaining about the fact that it's pretty much impossible for new guilds to own 1.0 God items specifically Megingjard and Mjolnir (the only two which are useful at this point) because of iRO's introduction for castle drop rates. 

EDIT: But of course let's just pretend we all give a -_- about new players and ask for Unfrozen shadow sets when really if you care about WoE at all and new player entering the scene changing the castle drop rate will be a huge step making it appealing again for newer guilds to want to join it. 

Edited by Diskence, 23 March 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#153 Kerb

Kerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

That's debatable and everyone on the server knows it. I will leave it at that.

However back on me wanting handouts. We have the unfrozen set along with MVPs. We even let people borrow characters with the unfrozen set because they aren't able to get it themself anymore. I can't see how me asking for better shadow sets so that new people or older people who don't have MVPs can actually compete with us.

I don't think I have ever post anything bad about gravity as a company. About some of the game play yes I have along with yourself.

"actually compete with us"

Dang is animosity pretending to dominate woe again? SMH maybe I should comeback and and see what this competition is. And no Big you can't have Valk God account.......

#154 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

The more i feel it

Actually MvPs that people get from PvM aspects should remain in PvM aspects ie disabled in WoE realms and Gods that people get from WoE castles should remain in WoE aspects ie disabled outside WoE realms lmfao

Whenever young RGs ask me how to play battle RG in WoE, I always tell them "Only personal skills matters. Gears dont really matter" *grabs hold of my gears tightly* hahaha

#155 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

The more i feel it

God items should have their respective best in slot purpose. Sadly, gears have been added without any thought and now almost every God item now requires something, prior to that it was really just Brisingamen, Sleipnir and Asprika.

#156 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'll WoE again as soon as I can get an unfrozen shadow set on my account. No point in WoE'ing otherwise.

Oh and I'm in school during woe times, that may play a role in it as well..

#157 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

There were multiple attempts to make new ways for newer players to come into play but iRO has blocked all of them so far. Sropho was banned, Nightmare Biolabs still no where to be seen, iRO bans chance to get MVP from cash shop, "Sealed" MVP cards banned and will not be introduced. But you can't really say that there are NO way for new players to enter because the new gears from jRO Oversea Package are actually all quite good.

If anything you should be complaining about the fact that it's pretty much impossible for new guilds to own 1.0 God items specifically Megingjard and Mjolnir (the only two which are useful at this point) because of iRO's introduction for castle drop rates. 

EDIT: But of course let's just pretend we all give a -_- about new players and ask for Unfrozen shadow sets when really if you care about WoE at all and new player entering the scene changing the castle drop rate will be a huge step making it appealing again for newer guilds to want to join it. 

I dont think making new server will fix things since it will probably suffer the same fate if things go like this. Every game MMO, has old equips even the rarest of the rarest gets overpowered and replaced to cater new players, filling in the gaps. This serves like a pseudo server reset since they cant reset the game being an MMO. This is a concept MMOs has always been adapting and has kept them alive

#158 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I am sure that card has been used so many times. It is the same card Big has been using to aviod WoE. I can almost hear new players saying they will WoE again as soon as WP puts MvPs and Gods in cash shop lol

#159 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

"actually compete with us"
Dang is animosity pretending to dominate woe again? SMH maybe I should comeback and and see what this competition is. And no Big you can't have Valk God account.......

Lmfao US would be the last 2 big guilds left on the server. i.e. LR when they woe and animo. All the other big guilds quit sadly.

#160 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Also dont forget that not everyone who plays the game is competitive, some just to whack monsters as fast as they could with big number..

But hey, look pokemon for instance, the game itself competitively is terrible until a fan based community created tiering WITHOUT altering the game at the expense of the gameplay of others. Maybe iRO could do the same in a PVM scene, disabling items in some room/zones.

#161 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

The more i feel it

If they weren't meant to be that way, they wouldn't be as rare as they are. Other games like WoW have you replace everything, which players know.
You learn pretty early on that RO is different. I am not saying they should be the pinnacle forever, but they are meant to be rare and powerful.

#162 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

If they weren't meant to be that way, they wouldn't be as rare as they are. Other games like WoW have you replace everything, which players know.
You learn pretty early on that RO is different. I am not saying they should be the pinnacle forever, but they are meant to be rare and powerful.

WoW is a story that is moving forward (or just plain be retconned), they have a formula and it seems to work for the casual player.

RO is a world losely based on a Manwha, with elements from said read being placed in as time travel dungeons.

It's hard to compare RO and WoW when the way they progress story wise is apples and oranges.

God items should have a unique purpose that MAKES them best in slot, that doesn't mean they should universally be the best items overall, but it does mean that for a specific purpose they should be amazing period. They are afterall imperfect replicas of items held by the GODS :X

#163 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

I think you're interpreting it differently(maybe thinking at a very fast rate) but what i wanted to say using your words is that yes they are rare and powerful but they shouldn't be at the pinnacle forever. Honestly, logic like "I have 14 years of gameplay in RO, someone who has played 7 years should be as powerful as me" is just plain meh. Most MMO games see to it that player gap just extends to 1-2 years ( as well as kRO with the pace they're at it) , meaning players playing 1 to 2 years compared to 2-3+ years wouldnt have that much of gap putting aside the skill and how well one could play the market.

EDIT: WoW doesnt fall to the category i was talking about earlier.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 23 March 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#164 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

I think you're interpreting it differently(maybe thinking at a very fast rate) but what i wanted to say using your words is that yes they are rare and powerful but they shouldn't be at the pinnacle forever. Honestly, logics like "I have 14 years of gameplay in RO, someone who has played 7 years should be as powerful as me" is just plain meh. Most MMO games see to it that player gap just extends to 1-2 years ( as well as kRO with the pace they're at it) , meaning players playing 1 to 2 years compared to 2-3+ years wouldnt have that much of gap putting aside the skill and how well one could play the market.

EDIT: WoW doesnt fall to the category i was talking about earlier.

I don't agree with people playing for that long and being better. I get what you mean too and I think that new items server the purpose of moving the game forward.

I was also talking about WoW in the sense that everything eventually becomes outdated. Some things don't in RO, they hang around.
ROs card system is what brings some of the charm to the game. I just don't think they should eventually become obsolete based on time. I also don't think that cash shop items should even outdo them though.

Idk, it's just all opinion at the end of the day. I want the game to move forward and new people to try it. Believe it or not, catching up to veterans is what keeps some people playing. It's not always a bad thing.
I think you get your point across fairly well, Cad. I know you want to enjoy the game and for others to do the same.

#165 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Excellent TIs this week, real nice. :p_love:

#166 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I dont think making new server will fix things since it will probably suffer the same fate if things go like this. Every game MMO, has old equips even the rarest of the rarest gets overpowered and replaced to cater new players, filling in the gaps. This serves like a pseudo server reset since they cant reset the game being an MMO. This is a concept MMOs has always been adapting and has kept them alive

Pretty sure I said nothing about a new server but ok. 

#167 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

games like WoW or ff14 work on a vertical gear progression, where the new stuff will be better.

RO is just completely different, where you can combine old pieces together and surpass new stuff, and vice versa.

#168 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Not against new player catching up to veterans, but say with how some wants it, a new player needs 10-14 years to catch up to them is a big NO NO, 1-2 years is for someone good is already good.

RO card system is another story especially on a topic where only one slot is available compare to the X number of MVP cards ingame, not even counting the useful non-MVP cards. This mainly the reason why i am OK with shadow gears esp MVP shadow gears. 

#169 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

except that that much time is an exageration and not the case. If you want it, you can catch up to that level with 1~2 years. (I kinda did(not the extremely high lvl of rich :v) with barelly even caring and not investing myself too much in the game in 3 years)

#170 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Simply put, veterans should enjoy their investments and their hard works. iRO is absolutely going on the right directly and we're doing fantastically <3

#171 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

I disagree completely.

I spent enough time with randoms that the PvM players don't participate in PvP is the gear gap.

Not to mention, bigger guilds lend out their mvps and gods all the time. No guild can reasonably compete with that.

Not only that but i heard some PVM friends talking about how dumb WoE/PvP is due to the broken class balance.

And they are right.

#172 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

games like WoW or ff14 work on a vertical gear progression, where the new stuff will be better.

RO is just completely different, where you can combine old pieces together and surpass new stuff, and vice versa.

Yeah, exactly. RO is just a different game and a lot of people approach it like it's a generic MMO.

#173 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Not only that but i heard some PVM friends talking about how dumb WoE/PvP is due to the broken class balance.

And they are right.

WoE is not as broken as PvP though.

In PvP, A vs B vs C ... obvious classic advantages and disadvantages shown including gear gap

In WoE, A + B + C vs A + B + C ... huh? Gears play the most important role.

I would not go 1-1 with SC (maybe if they dont have FCP lol), or Doram or Sura in PvP. However in WoE, I run toward them <3

#174 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

except that that much time is an exageration and not the case. If you want it, you can catch up to that level with 1~2 years. (I kinda did(not the extremely high lvl of rich :v) with barelly even caring and not investing myself too much in the game in 3 years)

At first i thought it was an exxageration but after i have been in several threads here, i am not sure if it is still

And they are right.

:heh:  :heh:  Couldn't agree more. GX for the love of christ

WoE is not as broken as PvP though.

In PvP, A vs B vs C ... obvious classic advantages and disadvantages shown including gear gap

In WoE, A + B + C vs A + B + C ... huh? Gears play the most important role.

I would not go 1-1 with SC (maybe if they dont have FCP lol), or Doram or Sura in PvP. However in WoE, I run toward them <3

There's actually another way to play PVP, if you cant win with skill, win with words  :heh:  :heh:  

#175 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

The truly devout WoE players will always think they know what will bring back the WoE scene. But it's always a bias because they already do know how WoE works and they already have an established group of players to play with. They don't attend enough time in the TIs, or lighthalzen, or in other casual guild spots to know why PvM players aren't WoEing.

Again from my time hanging out with casual players, pure PvM players, and those who dabbled in it and didn't want to go back to the scene; the WoE scene just isn't rewarding compared to the barrier you need to overcome.

Not just the fact that WoE Castle loot is crap in 1.0, but at an individual level, there is no reason for WoEing if you're looking to advance in some way. I don't get to make a meg for myself, and when a guild quits, the guild leader gets to keep it all anyways.

Overall, these are the problems that exists with WoE and why players just really don't care about WoE. I will separate it to those who WoE and those who don't or did some part of it. I've woe'd for a lot of woe guilds since my time I started ragnarok and only 1 guild has given me 20mil for attending a woe in pre-renewal (thanks .hack!)

WoE players who use to be hardcore WoErs but stopped doing it:

• The schedule doesn't fit their time, it's too much like a job (4 PM, every wed/sat, do this every week)
  • They can't afford playing the game and keeping up paying for their supplies and updated gears
  • Some would rather spend their Saturdays doing more fun Saturday things.

PvM Players and people who have tried it:

• There is still a cost to PvP (supplies and gear), they rather spend their money on PvM content
  • They always feel overwhelmed by bigger guilds
  • They don't understand what's happening
  • No reward for people attending WoE other than "doing it for the guild"
  • 2 Hours of their time is a lot and they would rather do other stuff
  • Can't compete with MvPs, Megs, +14 KvM gears, etc.
  • WoE guilds don't want them playing rangers if you don't have an MvP bow
  • They're not 175.
  • If they are 175, their main character typically isn't built for it.

Overall problems:

• The population needs to be bigger, but I will not expect that to improve
  • The ease of lending out MvPs and gears to use without any sort of repercussion? Someone stole your kiels?? Just send in a GM ticket.
  • Barrier to enter the scene to be somewhat effective is extremely high.

There's more that I probably missed. The point is, the majority of RO players play PvM. The PvM scene is fine and they'd care less about what WoE players want. A lot of players still WoE TE because there's an easier entry for doing WoE in that scene. It's 1 hour less, has rental gears, and you don't need to bring a super high level character to attend.

Edited by Demeris, 23 March 2017 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users