Ultimate solution to make Requiem: Memento Mori work 100%!
Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:14 AM
1. Download/ or make sure you have the latest version of "Requiem: Memento mori" from the website.
2. Unrar/unzip all game files to your pc (DO NOT RUN the unzipped file which automatically opens the setup cause you might have problems afterwards). After you unzip the files find the file named "setup.exe" and run it (make sure you have administrator privilages on your PC) and then wait till the game installs.
3. IMPORTANT: Download the new patches (287-372) uploaded on the forum or in the support section by "Sakana". After you download the zipped files, unzip/unrar them.
4. Go to your requiem game folder and create a file named "Patches". Copy and paste there all the files you unzipped previously (patches from 287-372). WARNING: during the processes between steps 2-4 DO NOT load the updater usa or in any way run the game cause it will create errors afterwards. Just copy paste the patches to the "Patches" folder which YOU just created in your Requiem game folder.
5. One of the most important steps is to go to the "Version. DAT" file in your Requiem game folder (after you have completed all the previous steps) and open it with the notepad. The text file must read "gameversion 286" in the first line and "patch version 286" in the second line. Change the "patch version" into number "372" ("patch version 372" NOT 286) and then save and close. DO NOT whatsoever change the game version (first) line!!! it must remain at "286", otherwise the game won't work.
6. After you have done all the previous steps, OPEN the updater USA. It will start updating all the correct DATA files in the game (ACTOR.VDK, AUDIO, DATA, etc) without the PATCHES since the patches are already there in your folder. Wait for it to reach 100% (It takes approximately 40mins to 1 hour to reach 100%), If it seems stuck just wait for a while because sometimes it might take longer depending on your connection and the server, so do not shutdown the updater.
7. After the update has reached 100%, press START and then you WILL FINALLY BEGIN PLAYING THE GAME!
NOTES: 1. I have windows XP so I don't know if this will work for those with other OP systems.
2. In order for the game to install/work properly DEACTIVATE all firewalls, antiviruses, etc...
This is the only viable solution so far (it works fine for me), so you can try it, and even feel free to copy paste the solution to all the forums for all those who still have problems and cannot play.
Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:08 AM
Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:59 PM
(edited) I must logout now, check my signature (press the "show" button) to find other guides
Edited by Nadesh, 16 December 2011 - 05:11 PM.
Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:24 PM
Still getting same errors:
""error 08:failed open file""
i click ok and launcher apears
""error:failed server connect""
Realy sorry for my bad langluge.Learning it only from few years
Edited by Mellany, 16 December 2011 - 05:27 PM.
Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:24 AM
A few links that may help:
Installing or completely removing and reinstalling the â??Requiem: Memento Moriâ? Client
Installing Requiem on Windows 7 or Vista
Issues with installing, updating or launching Requiem successfully
Problems with Avira: isnt the same but maybe can give you a few clues. Also can search for "Avast" in the forum search.
Error 08: Failed open file
Error 06: Failed Internet Connection
What ports do I need to open in my firewall for Requiem to connect?
Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:36 AM
Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:22 PM
Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:25 PM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:17 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users