Ultimate solution to make Requiem: Memento Mori work 100%! - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ultimate solution to make Requiem: Memento Mori work 100%!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Paparokrator

Paparokrator

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:14 AM

After more than one month of a series of unsuccessful attempts to install & load/play the game, a million of errors and the result of a relatively bad review that had to be sent unfortunately... I have finally found a solution for all those who have had the same problems with me (patch errors, "client does not match" error, etc)... the final and perfect (so far) solution to play Requiem Memento Mori at last. Just follow the steps below:

1. Download/ or make sure you have the latest version of "Requiem: Memento mori" from the website.
2. Unrar/unzip all game files to your pc (DO NOT RUN the unzipped file which automatically opens the setup cause you might have problems afterwards). After you unzip the files find the file named "setup.exe" and run it (make sure you have administrator privilages on your PC) and then wait till the game installs.
3. IMPORTANT: Download the new patches (287-372) uploaded on the forum or in the support section by "Sakana". After you download the zipped files, unzip/unrar them.
4. Go to your requiem game folder and create a file named "Patches". Copy and paste there all the files you unzipped previously (patches from 287-372). WARNING: during the processes between steps 2-4 DO NOT load the updater usa or in any way run the game cause it will create errors afterwards. Just copy paste the patches to the "Patches" folder which YOU just created in your Requiem game folder.
5. One of the most important steps is to go to the "Version. DAT" file in your Requiem game folder (after you have completed all the previous steps) and open it with the notepad. The text file must read "gameversion 286" in the first line and "patch version 286" in the second line. Change the "patch version" into number "372" ("patch version 372" NOT 286) and then save and close. DO NOT whatsoever change the game version (first) line!!! it must remain at "286", otherwise the game won't work.
6. After you have done all the previous steps, OPEN the updater USA. It will start updating all the correct DATA files in the game (ACTOR.VDK, AUDIO, DATA, etc) without the PATCHES since the patches are already there in your folder. Wait for it to reach 100% (It takes approximately 40mins to 1 hour to reach 100%), If it seems stuck just wait for a while because sometimes it might take longer depending on your connection and the server, so do not shutdown the updater.
7. After the update has reached 100%, press START and then you WILL FINALLY BEGIN PLAYING THE GAME!

NOTES: 1. I have windows XP so I don't know if this will work for those with other OP systems.
2. In order for the game to install/work properly DEACTIVATE all firewalls, antiviruses, etc...

This is the only viable solution so far (it works fine for me), so you can try it, and even feel free to copy paste the solution to all the forums for all those who still have problems and cannot play.

Paparokrator

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

I added your thread to my signature, i hope it help others =)

#3 MasterSe7en

MasterSe7en

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

thank you soooo much!!!

#4 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Its not working for me :glomp:

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Which part? Which windows, firwall and anti-virus do you have? which version of the game did you download and from where?

(edited) I must logout now, check my signature (press the "show" button) to find other guides

Edited by Nadesh, 16 December 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

I think i`ve tryed all guides in the whole forum >_<.I`m using windows 7 64 bit.My firewall is stoped,but to be sure i added my requiem folder in exclusions.I`m using avast antiviruss.But while downloading and installing game it was off...still i added install files and installed game folder in exclusions again.I downloaded the latest download manager from official requiem site.I tryed auto patching...it doesnt work.I saw all manual patchs guides and tryed them all.I open every file with administrator rights.I saw all of your guides.Tryed all.It still not working.What the-_-?I realy need help.

Still getting same errors:

""error 08:failed open file""

i click ok and launcher apears

""error:failed server connect""

Realy sorry for my bad langluge.Learning it only from few years :glomp:

Edited by Mellany, 16 December 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

Did you try to install the game in a different folder than the Program Files one? Also can try to run the exe in compatibility mode with windows xp SP3

A few links that may help:

Installing or completely removing and reinstalling the â??Requiem: Memento Moriâ? Client
Installing Requiem on Windows 7 or Vista
Issues with installing, updating or launching Requiem successfully

Problems with Avira: isnt the same but maybe can give you a few clues. Also can search for "Avast" in the forum search.

Error 08: Failed open file

Error 06: Failed Internet Connection

What ports do I need to open in my firewall for Requiem to connect?

#8 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

I`ve been playing the game on this computer with this OS with this antivirus with even firewall on.I install the game not in Program Files i install them in partition D/Games.I had my game installed on my computer but didnt played like 6 months ~~. When i tryed to run the game that error shows.I tryed to make a fresh install on the game but same problems.

#9 championxx

championxx

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

my games crashes when I start the game from char selection, any ideas?

#10 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Do you have Avast Antiviruse, running Windows 7 64-bit? If so Avast is causing it to crash.

#11 championxx

championxx

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

nope, no avast.

#12 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Need some information. What is your processor, gpu, and operating system? Are you using the downloaded client, webclient, or facebook?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users