RE:START Bug Reporting Thread - Page 18 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RE:START Bug Reporting Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
585 replies to this topic

#426 Z10n

Z10n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Hello there,

i guess i have some issues at one of the last parts of " The Sign" Quest. I am using the IRO Wiki Guide to get through( http://irowiki.org/wiki/Sign_Quest ). I am at Part 7 right now, when u have to go back to the NPC Metz in Prontera:

Part 7:

4. Go back to Prontera and pass The Sign to Metz. He's pretty excited when you pass The Sign to him and he is glad you completed the quest. He'll start to study The Sign.

• Metz takes some time to study The Sign. Come back after 2 hours.

I have been waiting for like 32 Hours + now, and he still says " I am sorry, but i am still examining...whould you please give me more time?"

screenodin1249.jpg

So,i dont know, is it buggy, or do i have to wait even longer? Its kinda annoying, i whould like to finish the Quest...

My Characters name is Supermuschi!

Thank u.

#427 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

The time windows are very sensitive, if you miss the time window it is open, you have to wait another day

#428 Z10n

Z10n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the answer. But how do i know when i have to talk him again? I mean its been 36-38 hours now, i dont even remember the exact time when i started this part of the quest. There is no quest log. The quest window does not show anything.

#429 eskEMOiwL

eskEMOiwL

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Talk Like A Pirate Day achievements are not showing up. The entire Quests portion of achievements is blank. When clicking on a treasure chest for the achievement, it gives me the message, "You've earned achievement <   >". and nothing else.

#430 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

Talk Like A Pirate Day achievements are not showing up. The entire Quests portion of achievements is blank. When clicking on a treasure chest for the achievement, it gives me the message, "You've earned achievement <   >". and nothing else.

We are trying some troubleshooting to the issue here, please check it out when you can.

#431 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

The first post needs to be updated...

There are a lot of bugs not present there (some really notorious) and some of the bugs are fixed already (like the Arrow Crafting). This server as it is can't attract any kind of new players.

The quest window is totally broken. I did the Piano Quest, Umbala Language quest and started The Sign Quest and those never showed up in my quest window, they are not even under Inactive tab.

The world map in the client is not on par with the game itself. Some maps cant be found (although they exist on the game), the mobs info is completely wrong, among other things. If you are going to have a feature as useless and missleading as that, just remove it.

The most stupid, annoying and easy to solve bug (if it's not a "feature") is that when I type wrong my password, instead of a normal "wrong password" message like every damn program/utility/game/application, we get a "Failed to connect", like the game doesn't know what went wrong, and on top of that i have to wait like 10 minutes before logging in again. This error just shows the lazyness/lack of interest/need of tech support that this server has.

I can't believe the server has a FOUR HOUR WEEKLY maintenance and these kind of stupid bugs still exists, it makes me wonder what do you really do in that maintenance and during the entire week.

#432 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:01 AM

Greetings Patsu88,

Thank you for the feedback, yes indeed you are correct.

I will make sure to follow up on this thread with the staff, there are other ones that need attending as well.

#433 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:29 AM

I work at some kind of customer service for business and I always give that kind of answer xD

#434 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Comodo Field 5 warps are missing, even though it is supposed to be avialable

#435 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Comodo Field 5 warps are missing, even though it is supposed to be avialable

Checking earlier reports:

Warps from cmd_fild06 to cmd_fild05 being missing is intended, cmd_fild05 doesn't exist in this version.

If this is another issue please let us know!

#436 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Find an annoying bug you'd like us to squash? Let us know here!

• Loot Timer: players report it's too low and others/bots can steal their loot before they get to it
    • Unfortunately, that is just kind of how the game has always worked. We will provide feedback to the studio on loot timers. 

Tons of veteran players tell you that they want the OLD/ORIGINAL timer back. To be honest i would say it NEVER worked like this.
Not in 10 Years i played on officials. It has never been this Ragnarok Ninjaloot. It just seems not to work as intended. Sometimes it protects, sometime bots steal your loot instantly without doing a single damage to the mob. It also seems the timer is just too short. So if there is a timer, where is the problem to change it?

Also MVPing is a mess on this server. Do some damage, wait until MVP is killed, jump on it with Greedroll. MVPDrop is always -_-(except 1-2 mvps). The real good -_- is on the floor. Is this how MVPing should work? Its no fun at all. What the hell is the use to get mvp when you get no reward? Its nice to be MVP and get a Skill from DarkLord while others loot Bonewand & BoneHelm. GZ WP.

@btw thanks to the guy who dropped OBB @stormy for the mvp but im not sure if he would do the same when its a sloted ring ;)

#437 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:52 AM

Checking earlier reports:

Warps from cmd_fild06 to cmd_fild05 being missing is intended, cmd_fild05 doesn't exist in this version.

If this is another issue please let us know!

cmd_fild05 FRILLDORA 

ALLIGATOR 
STEM_WORM 
POPORING 
PEST 
SHINING_PLANT 
YELLOW_PLANT 
GREEN_PLANT 

Then why does it have a spawn list on this post? : https://forums.warpp...wn-list-by-map/

Like Geffenia having a spawn list when The Sign NPC was not accesible and then said NPC was moved.

#438 Gionn

Gionn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

oi.png

Right now in gef_fild06 and a lot of bots here... Can you help me, please?

#439 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Then why does it have a spawn list on this post? : https://forums.warpp...wn-list-by-map/

Like Geffenia having a spawn list when The Sign NPC was not accesible and then said NPC was moved.

Sorry for the late response.

Checked again with the staff, the map indeed is not accessible and that's intended. The listing was fixed.

#440 SchweppesBitterL

SchweppesBitterL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

i got Glacial Heart from OBB.... i think that was a dropp from Ice Titan.... ro Restart have this Map Already? if yes how can i go there or is that a bug :o so i lost my obb for this -_- xD

#441 iCS2PDPPL

iCS2PDPPL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

oi.png

Right now in gef_fild06 and a lot of bots here... Can you help me, please?

Legend say's they're still partying there as of today.. :heh:  :rice:

Edited by iCS2PDPPL, 13 October 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#442 MetzenBoy

MetzenBoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

I am stuck at "The Sign Quest" 

4. Go back to Prontera and pass The Sign to Metz. He's pretty excited when you pass The Sign to him and he is glad you completed the quest. He'll start to study The Sign.

Its been 9 days already, sent 3 tickets, and got no help. 

Can you guys help me? Its almost the end of the quest and I spent many weeks on it.

Thank you 

Yolokya is my char

#443 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Can you guys help me? Its almost the end of the quest and I spent many weeks on it.

Thank you 

Yolokya is my char

Metz and the next guy you need to talk to, have a VERY time sensitive window of when you can talk to them, if you miss said window, you have to try the next day, this window depends WHEN you give them The Sign +2-3 hours and the time window is 1-2 hours depending on the time you gave it.

There was a table somewhere with this info but I don't remember where it was, my recommendation is, remember the time you gave them the item, then add +2 hours to that time and go talk to them, if it doesnt work, wait 15 minutes and try again, if that doesn't work, wait 45 minutes and try again, and repeat for 2-3 hours and you SHOULD get it.

I know, The Sign is a painful quest.

#444 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Thank you 

Yolokya is my char

Hello,

The Wiki may not be updated at that portion.

Do you remember the time when you gave the Sign to the NPC? This is important.

Also please, do not send the same ticket multiple of times, this action falls under spam and at the same time will result in slowed response :(

#445 Mightygang

Mightygang

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Metz and the next guy you need to talk to, have a VERY time sensitive window of when you can talk to them, if you miss said window, you have to try the next day, this window depends WHEN you give them The Sign +2-3 hours and the time window is 1-2 hours depending on the time you gave it.

There was a table somewhere with this info but I don't remember where it was, my recommendation is, remember the time you gave them the item, then add +2 hours to that time and go talk to them, if it doesnt work, wait 15 minutes and try again, if that doesn't work, wait 45 minutes and try again, and repeat for 2-3 hours and you SHOULD get it.

I know, The Sign is a painful quest.

#446 Mightygang

Mightygang

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

Does the people from warp portal give a path or guide in any quest at ragnarok:restart? Cuz I'm Piss off right now about the sign quest. I feel like they doing that on purpose so that player will suffer. For example last part of sign quest. "Metz says meet me after an hour" so me as a new player i went back to talk to him after an hour, but the npc says he need more time. And the guide I'm using says talk to metz after 2 hours. And here in forum 2-3 hours and not metz you should talk it's the steward! I think GM's is not helping player. They don't care if you finish the quest or not. They do care about how you pay money and buy WP/KP. They dont even reply here in forums.

Edited by Mightygang, 16 October 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#447 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

Does the people from warp portal give a path or guide in any quest at ragnarok:restart? Cuz I'm Piss off right now about the sign quest. I feel like they doing that on purpose so that player will suffer. For example last part of sign quest. "Metz says meet me after an hour" so me as a new player i went back to talk to him after an hour, but the npc says he need more time. And the guide I'm using says talk to metz after 2 hours. And here in forum 2-3 hours and not metz you should talk it's the steward! I think GM's is not helping player. They don't care if you finish the quest or not. They do care about how you pay money and buy WP/KP. They dont even reply here in forums.

The iRo Wiki Sign Quest page is now updated with the time table to help and ease out the timing confusion.

Please click here to get redirected to the quest page.

It is understandable to be frustrated with the Sign Quest being lengthy and difficult, for that I will forward the concerns to the staff and see if it's possible in any way to adjust things in-house.

In addition, if you are not aware the GM staff do not use the forums as a medium to communicate with the users on account issues, matters of the same must go through a support ticket.

Since you have already sent tickets, please PM me a ticket number, I will forward it to the staff with a follow up request.

Lastly, ticket responses are still experiencing delays and as mentioned above sending more tickets of the same will not speed things up.

Thank you!

#448 Mightygang

Mightygang

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

The iRo Wiki Sign Quest page is now updated with the time table to help and ease out the timing confusion.
Please click here to get redirected to the quest page.

It is understandable to be frustrated with the Sign Quest being lengthy and difficult, for that I will forward the concerns to the staff and see if it's possible in any way to adjust things in-house.
In addition, if you are not aware the GM staff do not use the forums as a medium to communicate with the users on account issues, matters of the same must go through a support ticket.

Since you have already sent tickets, please PM me a ticket number, I will forward it to the staff with a follow up request.
Lastly, ticket responses are still experiencing delays and as mentioned above sending more tickets of the same will not speed things up.

Thank you!

I submitted my sign to metz yesterday around 16:52 and i went back to talk to him after an hour. Nothing happened and i went back again after 2hours nothing happened and again i went back to talk to him for the 3rd time at 18:52 still nothing happened. What should i do next?? Talk to him every hour?

Edited by Mightygang, 17 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#449 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

I submitted my sign to metz yesterday around 16:52 and i went back to talk to him after an hour. Nothing happened and i went back again after 2hours nothing happened and again i went back to talk to him for the 3rd time at 18:52 still nothing happened. What should i do next?? Talk to him every hour?

Hello Mightygang!

Please, if you check the link Cinnamon provided, there is a handy table to know at which time you should be able to pick up The Sign, please do note, the time on that table is the server time, which operates on Pacific Daylight Time. It does not make a big difference if you use your own time, but it can lead to some confusion and innaccuracy.

Since you turned your item at 16:52, if you check the table, the Item should be avialable between 20:00 and 21:59. But depending on your timezone, it could also be between 19:00-20:59, or between 21:00-22:59. So my recommendation, is you check the NPC at 20:30 your time, and if it doesn't work, go back and check at 21:30.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. Also remember, the next NPC, Engel, also works on the exact same time frames.

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 17 October 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#450 SchweppesBitterL

SchweppesBitterL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

i got Glacial Heart from OBB.... i think that was a dropp from Ice Titan.... ro Restart have this Map Already? if yes how can i go there or is that a bug :o so i lost my obb for this -_- xD

i know its not a big issue / bug, but no one answer about this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users