June 28th Ragnarok RE:START .. RESTART - Page 4 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 28th Ragnarok RE:START .. RESTART

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#76 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

Got merchant on quiz, but I went acolyte. (Didn't get any)

Skipped quiz, went merchant. (Got the tickets, cutter, and armor)

Skipped quiz, went swordie.(Got the tickets, cutter, and armor)

Also, are kafra tickets actually supposed to be tradeable? I saw someone selling bunch of those. We can actually make dozen of character, get it, and nto worry about zeny sink kafra warp. D:

Edit:
Anyone knows what the Re:Start costume box has inside?

Edit 2: I forgot to say kafra tickets; not talking about weapons.

Edited by dzn018, 29 June 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#77 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

what classes were you being given as test results?

Oh, this was before the test was put in. I'll test the new system out.

#78 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

I doubt it considering nobody is able to purchase it until silverine becomes stackable, i thought there was going to be a stacking npc around noon but i guess it didn't happen..

#79 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

I doubt it considering nobody is able to purchase it until silverine becomes stackable, i thought there was going to be a stacking npc around noon but i guess it didn't happen..It

Its the same box in the item mall.

#80 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

As far as I'm aware, this has always been the case for receiving novice weapons:

If you complete the test, and choose the class the NPC recommends to you, you get your class' novice weapon.

If you complete the test, and choose your own preferred class, you do not get a novice weapon.

It was like this on the old novice grounds on the other iRO servers too. Intended or not? Probably intended as a reward for passing the test.

Skipping the test or novice grounds entirely and choosing a town of choice will result in no novice weapon either.

Edited by Toxn, 29 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#81 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Campitor, are you going to address why knights can't rent pecos? Kind of an iconic part of the class and they have skills that depend on it.

#82 Vanesssa

Vanesssa

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hello i installed and signed up for Ragnarok Re:start and after i have installed it i get an error as fallows:  C\Gravity\Ragnarok Restart/Ragnarok Restart.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. can someone please help me i loved ragnarok back then and would love to play some nostalgia again :) lol     

#83 Insanity23pro

Insanity23pro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Got merchant on quiz, but I went acolyte. (Didn't get any)

Skipped quiz, went merchant. (Got the tickets, cutter, and armor)

Skipped quiz, went swordie.(Got the tickets, cutter, and armor)
Also, are they actually supposed to be tradeable? I saw someone selling bunch of those. We can actually make dozen of character, get it, and nto worry about zeny sink kafra warp. D:

Edit:

Look, If you want to receive the classe weapon/stuff, you need accept your results on the test, If you get merchant as your results, accept It, he'll give you a novice battle axe And even a few cart rent ticket, same for the other classes, you only get Specialized itens, when you accept the personality test results.

PS: I apologize for the bad english/grammar, i'm from Brazil, Hope that you understand.

Edited by Insanity23pro, 29 June 2017 - 05:54 PM.

#84 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Toxn has it right, there should be  guide floating around somewhere on how to answer the questions in order to get the class you want as a result to get the desired gear

#85 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...nds_Novice_Test

#86 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

People need to take off their nostalgia goggles and see the game for what it really was back then.

#87 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

camp can you confirm the exp table is lower compared to prenewal? so far through collecting data it appears base exp has been increasing but job exp is going down unless its to balance out lower exp at 90~99

#88 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

Hi everyone, just a few things I want to mention that should be changed. Yes, I know that they do help but since this is supposed to be true to old school/vanilla, let me at least say what I remember from Iris days. 

The training room is different from vanilla. You could talk to Sprakki twice upon arrival to achieve levels. The first room had about 3 NPCs (4 if you count Kafra) while the room to the left had one NPC. When you went into the field to kill monsters, if you died you respawned back at the second room. Upon talking to that NPC you got more Novice Pots plus a level. 

Not to mention, the class NPCs were non-existent and Blade was only seen at the very end of the field to allow you access to the next area if you achieved the appropriate level. 

The quest system was also not there. Titles and special equipment were not there as well. Miscellaneous tab in the skill window, in addition, was not there. The tabs for the world map were not there. 

*inhales* For the character screen, you were allowed to name your character, decide its looks, and allocate appropriate stat points. The human option thing was decided in recent patches and thus was not present back then. 

If these things can be changed back, I would appreciate it. I know that most of these are helpful little add-ons that came because of Renewal, but since this is a vanilla server, they should not be present. Thank you.

Edited for more things: Main Payon town was smaller. It did contain archer village, but the extended town when you first get warped was definitely smaller. Also, being able to hit enter to switch between battle mode and leisure was absent. You had to type /bm to switch into battle mode for the skill keys. 

Edited by SlayerYuffie, 29 June 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#89 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

As far as I'm aware, this has always been the case for receiving novice weapons:

If you complete the test, and choose the class the NPC recommends to you, you get your class' novice weapon.

If you complete the test, and choose your own preferred class, you do not get a novice weapon.

It was like this on the old novice grounds on the other iRO servers too. Intended or not? Probably intended as a reward for passing the test.

Skipping the test or novice grounds entirely and choosing a town of choice will result in no novice weapon either.

On both times I skipped, I got a novice cutter atleast.

Look, If you want to receive the classe weapon/stuff, you need accept your results on the test, If you get merchant as your results, accept It, he'll give you a novice battle axe And even a few cart rent ticket, same for the other classes, you only get Specialized itens, when you accept the personality test results.

PS: I apologize for the bad english/grammar, i'm from Brazil, Hope that you understand.

My friend who I am playing with got swordsman on quit, she took it bc that's what she is aiming for. She didn't get any weapon. :)

Edited by dzn018, 29 June 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#90 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

Campitor, are you going to address why knights can't rent pecos? Kind of an iconic part of the class and they have skills that depend on it.

^

Someone is asking the real questions here

Edited by Tanzanito, 30 June 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#91 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

People need to take off their nostalgia goggles and see the game for what it really was back then.

at least you didn't get 1 shot by anything that casts magic in the game XD

#92 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:43 AM

Please could we have the mesmerist NPC added at some point? I've accidentally allocated points to the wrong skill — gah!

#93 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

*inhales* For the character screen, you were allowed to name your character, decide its looks, and allocate appropriate stat points. The human option thing was decided in recent patches and thus was not present back then. 

If these things can be changed back, I would appreciate it. I know that most of these are helpful little add-ons that came because of Renewal, but since this is a vanilla server, they should not be present. Thank you.

Edited for more things: Main Payon town was smaller. It did contain archer village, but the extended town when you first get warped was definitely smaller. Also, being able to hit enter to switch between battle mode and leisure was absent. You had to type /bm to switch into battle mode for the skill keys. 

This server is meant to be a real hybrid between classic and renewal(not that failed attempt they called the "classic" server, no offense but it was bad) so there are going to be things that are in, like the newer option for gender in character select, and being able to type/fight as you please, rather than having to type /bm every friggin time, which was annoying.  If you want those to be gone, play classic.

#94 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Oh, I see. I thought this was supposed to be a server that harkened back to pure vanilla days; that's why I was mentioning all those things so I guess my ignorance ran away with me. ^^; If it's supposed to be a hybrid then I retract what I said. Please keep the nice things that make playing better. lol

#95 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Izlude is missing the warp to the airship. Pretty sure this isn't intentional. o:

#96 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

It is probably intentional since it came out with the Einbroch patch iirc. Who knows though.

#97 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

How do we get a pecopeco on a knight theres no npc

this plz

#98 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Oh, I see. I thought this was supposed to be a server that harkened back to pure vanilla days; that's why I was mentioning all those things so I guess my ignorance ran away with me. ^^; If it's supposed to be a hybrid then I retract what I said. Please keep the nice things that make playing better. lol

Except thats how they marketed it on their website.

About Ragnarok RE:START

Experience the nostalgia of the classic MMORPG Ragnarok Online with Ragnarok RE:START! iRO takes us back in time to 2003 on their first Progression Server. Experience new content and updates just like the first time! Craft your character as the world evolves by returning to Rune Midgard to party with friends and explore the world with new eyes.

Here's a brief FAQ on Ragnarok RE:START and all its fun components!

What is Ragnarok RE:START?
Ragnarok RE:START is a special server that will launch with game content only consisting of the Rune Midgard Kingdom. Over time, each future episode will be released onto the server. This allows players to enjoy the game content as it evolved over time.

What content is on the server?
Ragnarok RE:START will launch with only the Rune Midgard kingdom. The merchants of Prontera, Payon, Morocc, Alberta, and Geffen will all be ready and waiting to do business with adventurers of all types.

Edited by Niohoggr, 30 June 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#99 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Hi Eiko, nice to see you again!

#100 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Except thats how they marketed it on their website.

-snip-

Do not skip stuffs.

With the full suite of convenience features such as RODEX and Achievements, players will find that it is easier than ever to keep in touch with friends and compete with others to be the best adventurer in the realm. Every month Ragnarok RE:START servers take one step closer to the Ragnarok Online of today, as new dungeons, monsters, and episodes come into play!

"... back in time to 2003 on .." is reference to experiencing the old updates first hand again. It doesn't mean we will have the game as is, as it was on the very first launch.

Edited by dzn018, 30 June 2017 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users