Fishing Quest Guide - How to do a boring, mindless, not fun fishing event - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fishing Quest Guide - How to do a boring, mindless, not fun fishing event

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Mini games are no fun in RO that's for sure. Maybe the race in hugel is but when it includes options it is boring. It's boring because you just read, select an option then do it until you've got a result. You don't see any animations or any graphics that would make the interaction more fun. Maybe the fishing quest should be improved. Make it more interactive and fun.

#52 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

I dont find any fun in this quest. Actually I think it's inhuman........I totally understand the RNG, all good with failure, fresh fish, or the countless slippers. But the long dialogue comes after the bait is like killing by a spoon. I really dont get the purpose of talking so long to get a catch, even chose every option right.

I really dont want to do this inhuman quest. However, the real pain for me is I have to do it for the new cute costumes. Ahhhh, love costumes much more than fancy gears and even MVP cards.

I think I'd be a dead person after I get all 4 rewards I want

12.gif

#53 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

can you make the fishing rod work like Trusty Adventure's Trusty Towel?, but only can cast a special skill "fishing"?, make the cast slow AF like when you mining the crystal at the Splendide?, players who want to fish need to stand around the spot in order to cast the "Fishing" skill.

After cast (short cast), players can choose the bait, and then after that a long cast happen, after long cast is done you get the result (fish, fresh fish, envelope,or a slipper) or you can get failure and a chance to retry to fishing again by selecting a bait again.

Make it repeatable, remove the 30 minute delay, make the cast take time like 300sec.

The fun part is when we can talk with other during fishing, the current way on how we fishing right now is not allowing players to talk because they need and busy pressing the enter button, and keep relogin to other char, this is retarded. totally not the art of fishing.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 09 July 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#54 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

^^^^hahahaha

#55 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

So, is it a fail when the window just randomly closes? I neither get the fish/slippers, nor does it say anything about the fish escaping. 

Or is that the bug people are talking about?

#56 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

Yes, it is

#57 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

No fail and glitch is different
There is a fish escaping picture show up if fail
Dialogue missing seems more likely a bug

When will it fail then? Try to reel in while fish is pulling

Edited by sunnydoll, 09 July 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#58 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Amazing how they manage to implement the exact same quest for three consecutive years, and still not manage to fix, or even acknowledge, any of the bugs.

#59 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

i also support this theory.

Every object has their own HP, our rod also has its own HP (i believe to be 5, CMIIW).

Every time you choose reel in, it will decrease object HP by 1. no matter the situation is (steady, towards you, pulling away).

Every time you choose reel in when the situation is the object pulling away, it will decrease rod HP by 1.

choosing hold steady and playing the line has neutral action.

So, the objective is to reel in as many times as you can while keeping your rod HP.

if the object HP is 0, you get that object. if your rod HP is 0, the object runs away.

conclusion:

object moves towards you -> reel in

object steady -> reel in

object pulling away from you -> hold steady or playing the line. or you can reel in if you know the object HP is already low. choosing reel in will decrease both object HP and your rod HP

fresh fish object has 1 HP

slipper object has 1 HP

giant squid on byalan has 40 HP

Seems to be correct as far as I have observed. 

One addition:

If the object is pulling away, then using Hold Steady will reduce the object's hp by 1. Can confirm since I have caught several fish with the last action being Hold Steady when they're pulling away. Not too sure whether it reduces rod hp as well, but I don't think so.

#60 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Seems to be correct as far as I have observed.
One addition:
If the object is pulling away, then using Hold Steady will reduce the object's hp by 1. Can confirm since I have caught several fish with the last action being Hold Steady when they're pulling away. Not too sure whether it reduces rod hp as well, but I don't think so.

And I doubt reel in while object is pulling away always reduce the rod's HP

Sometimes it broke on second attempt, sometimes it won't broke even on fifth try

Maybe the rod's HP is 5 and chance to reduce rod's HP by 5

In general, reel in while object is pulling reduce fish HP by 1 but have a chance to break the rod. And hold steady while object is pulling reduce fish HP by one but won't break the rod...?

#61 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

i doubt hold steady while pulling reduce fish HP by one. I tried that on giant squid and i believe i still need to reel in 40 times to get that fish.

#62 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

Amazing how they manage to implement the exact same quest for three consecutive years, and still not manage to fix, or even acknowledge, any of the bugs.

Accountability at its best.

Most likely the mission was to have something that could be used in all servers. Hence no community headgears cause that would cater only thor and chaos. Since they didnt bother to even give a one sentence answer about that, I guess all hamsters where busy implementing this fishing stuff, either that or they didnt receive any language or diplomacy education. Seriously get some coaching and talk to your community about what the community is interested about.

We could give em kudos for trying, it seems that is as far as they can go with their current skill set. They try, they miss, they move on to the next project, rinse and repeat.

The last fun quest I remember was 2 or 3 anniversaries ago when we had to hunt scarabas in willow map to make a hat with potential to have + 15 of a given stat. The thing also transforms you in multiple monsters and let you use scribble. Did I mention it looks amazing as a red militar hat. Good times.

Edited by cjaramis, 10 July 2017 - 03:57 AM.

#63 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:33 AM

i doubt hold steady while pulling reduce fish HP by one. I tried that on giant squid and i believe i still need to reel in 40 times to get that fish.

Try it when the first dialog box is pulling away, the 1hp fish will instantly get caught. I tried on Comodo though, so perhaps it's different for different fish/areas.

#64 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

about to leave for work and i thought of doing a quick fishing event.

god, i want my 10mins of clicking back.

#65 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

quick fishing event

giphy.gif

#66 LoliaG1

LoliaG1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

What can i do with the sealed envelops? I'm playing in the classic ro server.

#67 kizmo1982

kizmo1982

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCabanatuan City
  • Server:iRO-Thor Server

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

I got my poring pipe finally after 4days LOL!!!!

#68 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

holding steady - reel in
object coming - hold steady
object pulling - hold steady

if the first action is holding steady and u select reel in and its not a shoe/fish then u caught a rare fish for sure.

u can actually catch a fish using hold steady (option 2).

if u get a shoe/fresh fish/line break, u had no rare fish in the first place. u cant manipulate it in any way by choosing to let out the fishing line (3rd option). so save yourselves some time and skip the 3rd option.

Edited by stoenr, 12 July 2017 - 01:55 AM.

#69 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

holding steady - reel in

if the first action is holding steady and u select reel in and its not a shoe/fish then u caught a rare fish for sure.

u can actually catch a fish holding steady.

if u get a shoe/fresh fish/line break, u had no rare fish in the first place. u cant manipulate it in any way by choosing to let out the fishing line (3rd option). so save yourselves some tine and skip the 3rd option.

That's the real problem there. The chance of shoe/fresh fish/line break is higher than a chance to catch a fish. To catch a fish you need to select some options which doesn't even matter for 40 times. That's not fun that's torture.

#70 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

That's the real problem there. The chance of shoe/fresh fish/line break is higher than a chance to catch a fish. To catch a fish you need to select some options which doesn't even matter for 40 times. That's not fun that's torture.

Indeed.  Once you select the Rod and the Bait the dice has been thrown and RNGesus does his dirty work.

I do understand that all the dialogue options are to mimic you fishing and tiring the fish out before you reel it in, but it takes so much time...

Not to mention the annoying glitch...the thought that it might have been a rare fish just adds to my frustration.  Hope next maintenance they get rid of it.  (For all the others that still keep on fishing...since I'm really considering to throw the towel)

#71 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

holding steady - reel in

Pretty sure hold steady does not work for when it's coming towards you.
Hold steady is ONLY for when it's pulling away.
Reel in for everything else. Play the line is useless.

#72 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

Pretty sure hold steady does not work for when it's coming towards you.
Hold steady is ONLY for when it's pulling away.
Reel in for everything else. Play the line is useless.

if u actually have a rare fish it works you can test it out.

I havent tried to reel in when its coming so im not sure about that but if it saves more time let us know heh.

the rng sucks yea we all know.. feels like the rate to catch a fish is 15%.

just skip all the weak 4pt spots and stick with comodo,ogh area,hugel,izlude->byalan island to save time.

i was getting about 200 whales an hour using 6 chars once I got the flow down. (keeping the mouse cursor over option 2 and using -enter- and -left mouse click-)

Edited by stoenr, 12 July 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#73 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

yea lots of people are afraid to reel in if holding steady shows up early (first 7 dialogues) but you gotta just do it.  u either have it or you dont so its better to just move on to the next spot.

there are instances where after a few rounds of pulling/coming you will still pull a fresh fish or shoe when it holds steady.  those make you feel bad but you really didnt have a rare fish so just move on heh.

Edited by stoenr, 12 July 2017 - 01:51 AM.

#74 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

i also support this theory.
Every object has their own HP, our rod also has its own HP (i believe to be 5, CMIIW).

Every time you choose reel in, it will decrease object HP by 1. no matter the situation is (steady, towards you, pulling away).
Every time you choose reel in when the situation is the object pulling away, it will decrease rod HP by 1.
choosing hold steady and playing the line has neutral action.
So, the objective is to reel in as many times as you can while keeping your rod HP.
if the object HP is 0, you get that object. if your rod HP is 0, the object runs away.
conclusion:
object moves towards you -> reel in
object steady -> reel in
object pulling away from you -> hold steady or playing the line. or you can reel in if you know the object HP is already low. choosing reel in will decrease both object HP and your rod HP

fresh fish object has 1 HP
slipper object has 1 HP
giant squid on byalan has 40 HP

#75 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

Fishing has always been that one feature in games I always find myself doing, here are some examples of my favorites:
  • Okami
  • Ocarina of Time
  • World of Warcraft
  • Runescape
  • Stardew Valley
  • Gaia Online
  • Harvest Moon
  • Pokemon

calls himself a legaia fan...
forgets to put legaia on the list...

how you gonna skimp bro?! tsk tsk

RO needs to do it like legend of legaia. fishing = obtainable perma-summons in the form of accessories /gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users