Solution for Patching Problems - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Solution for Patching Problems

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 ChoasRage

ChoasRage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

Um i reinstalled DS just like you wanted me too but it still crashes...

#52 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

STICKY THIS.

#53 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, hey, thought i'd add my 2 cents. I am receiving C++ runtime errors with the patcher over these dumps at various points in the patching process. I tried this method (deleting patch.id) and it didn't work. I have tried this method multiple times. I installed the x86 distributable provided by another user; that didn't help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. The last time, I went and deleted an extraneous files after uninstalling to no avail. I subsequently try this method again each time (several times) after each installation with no improvement.

I have a fully upgraded, genuine copy of windows XP with 2gb of RAM and ~59 GB of free disk space.

#54 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

I know that

I even know how to change the name of the game in the top of the window by editing the .ini file >_>

but i will try that with the patch id file.

also something fun just happened while i was smashing up equipment from a css run the game destroyed everything in my equip inv. at once but then gave it back .5 of a second later

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh crap, the server must have caught something going wrong and fixed it.

I love changing the warning messages though :3

#55 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

guuys quit cpomplaing cause hes -_-ing right if it stops patching you have to wait -_-ing :)!!! you have to wait for abuot 15minutes for it to patch again if it doenst put up the runtime error then your good, trust me it happened before but after i got the error soo -_-

#56 blackvampiremax

blackvampiremax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

Thank!!!! Worked for me and my buddy!

#57 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm glad it is at least working for some people.

I'll say this for a final time though:

When you delete/move the "patch.id" file and repatch through gateway; it looks like it freezes/not patching, but it actually is.

You have to wait up to 15-30 minutes(maybe more for some) until it starts to patch.

You should not be running anything(including browser) while trying to patch as it can mess the process up.

Please read my first post carefully everyone! Good luck and I hope it helps.

#58 SararaUsagi

SararaUsagi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationI'm not gonna tell you, perv!
  • Server:?

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm glad it is at least working for some people.

I'll say this for a final time though:

When you delete/move the "patch.id" file and repatch through gateway; it looks like it freezes/not patching, but it actually is.

You have to wait up to 15-30 minutes(maybe more for some) until it starts to patch.

You should not be running anything(including browser) while trying to patch as it can mess the process up.

Please read my first post carefully everyone! Good luck and I hope it helps.

It's working for me. I haven´t had any problem for now. TY -_-
But what should i do with the "patcher.id" that i moved?

#59 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

You can delete the "patcher.id" that you --moved-- because you already have a correct "patcher.id"in the dragon saga folder after successfully repatching the game.
You do not need it.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#60 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

ive moved the patcher id and waited but still get the run time error >.<. should i keep trying until it works?

#61 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

I'm gonna quote ElatusLin from another thread:

Gravity has said there is no issue, but from what i can tell 1 of the dump files is unreadable to certain operating systems. The C++ run time error is something that can happen when a bug prevents the file from being readable or when the system doesn't have enough memory to execute the file.

So my guess is that anyone without enough memory available to execute the file or anyone who gets the file with a single bit off will get this error and not be able to patch.

The only way for gravity to fix this as i see it is to divide dragonsaga.exe_20101203142913.dmp into 2 parts that take up less memory.

This may be the problem for people who keep recieving a runtime error. There is nothing I can do to help this. :<

#62 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

I'm gonna quote ElatusLin from another thread:

This may be the problem for people who keep recieving a runtime error. There is nothing I can do to help this. :<

i checked my computer and it has more then enough memory on it

#63 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

i checked my computer and it has more then enough memory on it

I believe Elatus was referring to RAM, not hard drive space. And even w/ more RAM than the recommended amount to play the game, I can't get my client to patch. Seems likely that the amount of RAM required to complete this patch is higher than the amount recommended to play.

#64 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Could be the computer? O.o Right now I'm downloading/patching with no problems whatsoever.

*EDIT: Btw, I'm at 8GB Ram, and checking now it's at 34%. Is that the norm for this game?*

Edited by DarkWyvern, 17 December 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#65 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

i keep getting run time error around 40-50% >.>

#66 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

idk if this works but i patched it and i didnt remove the patch.id, then after i got the runtime error i removed it and its seem to patching again... its at .2% cause its so effing big (main percentage)

#67 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

I am getting a runtime error as well.

#68 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Well, the actual patch files total around 2.7 gb (the folder is leftover from after patching and you should manually delete it yourself), so I'd assume that you need close to that much free RAM if the memory is really what's causing the issue. The amount of RAM that the system eats up on an idle boot would range from 250k to 1000k depending on your OS and any startup programs you have. If that's the case, it would require on average 4 gb of RAM to properly patch this (this is again, assuming that RAM is the problem at hand here).It would be helpful if people could post the amount of RAM they have installed.

#69 Kkamazk

Kkamazk

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPlanet Gliese 667 Cc (22.1 ly)
  • Server:A.I. NET CONTROL

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

1. Stop trying to reinstall Dragon Saga.At least until it is fixed. When I had a problem with patching,I decided to reinstall the client only to have new problems arise.

• Old patch look (not so bothersome for some people)
  • market/item mall button not working
  • pink/purple/whatever colors appearing in character selection screen/in game
I believe there is something wrong with the installer itself(I may be wrong) because reinstalling over and over does nothing.

2.If you want to repatch without reinstalling follow these notes:

• Go to your Dragon Saga folder by going to [Programs Folder>Gravity>Dragon Saga] and delete(or put somewhere else) the "patch.id" file and nothing else.
  • Open Gateway and it should start patching again. You will notice that the version on the patcher will say DS Ver. 0.0.0. Don't be alarmed because it will only start patching the latest patch which is 0.1.19.
  • ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING RUNNING/DOWNLOADING IN THE BACKGROUND This is a ---HUGE--- Patch and will fail/stop patching if you're messing with crap. If you have a sucky computer/laptop.
  • Repatching this way will take a while to actually start(up to 15-30 for me at least). Please be patient.
The actual patching time will probably be the same as you usually patch.
I have repatched this way when the older patches were not working for me and have successfully repatched without any errors. I was able to play the game just fine.

This recent patch will take up to 3G of space which is pretty huge. If you are still getting problems after patching this way, it is simply because you do not have enough room or computer/laptop just cannot handle patching the large file.

As far as runtime errors go, make sure you update windows. I've had the patcher stop at certain percentages, and have had to close it and open it only to have it believe it has patched 100%(though I never had a runtime error popup). Repatching using the method above has fixed it for me so give it a try.

NOTE: If this repatching method has worked for you, please let me know in your posts.

I hope this helps and good luck.

ADDED* I recommended, have a fast speed bandwidth to patch it quickly

Edited by Kkamazk, 17 December 2010 - 02:03 PM.

#70 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I have 2.5 GB RAM. So I suppose that could be the problem.

#71 ChoasRage

ChoasRage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

I tried what you told me to do. After it's done patching, it says failed to patch, i click start and then it says patch completed. weird?

#72 Pierce

Pierce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

6 gb of ram. I patched fine.

#73 chuongli

chuongli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Stopped

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

Can someone who patched fine upload their Dragon Saga folder contents?

#74 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

Can someone who patched fine upload their Dragon Saga folder contents?

I tried this and I have a RAR for it...however I have nowhere to upload it. =/

#75 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

put in parts and put up in megaupload

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users