If we want a good WoE scenario, WoE must start soon. - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

If we want a good WoE scenario, WoE must start soon.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

PvM brought everyone together decades ago because hardly anyone knew nothing. Everyone was a noob so PvM was challenging. Now that everyone can kill most of the monsters and mainly solo them, since we got endless hp/sp supplies I don't think that will bring people together anymore. We will never be able to replicate exactly what happened in 2004.

idk man, 2017 feels a lot more like 2004 than 2012 did. Getting parties, massive guild parties, and even the annoying people I encounter while soloing aren't as numerous as the people that seem to have an ounce of respect. Maybe it's all in the attitude!

#27 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

it's not better than nothing when you don't even consider the cons along with the pros. the full extent of the cons is something none of us will know because it'll mainly be issues gravity will encounter

Right now it just seems you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. You said that I should consider the cons while you also said no one will ever know the cons aside from Gravity?

If you're talking about developing, Gravity already developed the WoE part to Revo-Classic servers if that's what you're wondering, since WoE was already released in Thailand and Indonesia and we're probably getting the same configs as them.

The cons I can see now are that big guilds will get bigger with castle treasures, even though this is something we can't change. As I said before, this isn't a variable that depends on WoE Release. This will happen with or without WoE.

The only way we get to know the cons is actually doing the said "stab in the dark" since we already know what are the cons when you wait too long (See Classic Statistics posted on the first post).

#28 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

You can't even use the damn Old card álbums, how you want to start woes...

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

You keep talking about VH like it's a serious WoE guild... It's not your place to decide, or even know, what my guild want to do.

for now we're enjoying pvm. If WoE were to start any time soon, I would probably continue PVMing a while longer. 

#30 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

You can't even use the damn Old card álbums, how you want to start woes...

Yes, because not being to open OCA totally relates to not being able to enter a castle warp. That's just like saying you can't enter your bedroom because the kitchen's tap is leaking.

#31 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Yes, because not being to open OCA totally relates to not being able to enter a castle warp. That's just like saying you can't enter your bedroom because the kitchen's tap is leaking.

Just saying that most os WOEs was won by giving OCAs for the players

#32 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

i'm saying we can't know the full extent of the cons, but you're acting like there's nothing to lose by releasing WoE in 3 weeks

they're already struggling with server loads, and have had to shuffle servers around on an (almost) daily basis to alleviate lag. adding in the unpredictability of WoE is something i'm guessing will make things worse during vulnerabilities. i won't even try to guess what possibly moving up the release would do to their development cycle right now

overall i don't know when will be the optimal time to release WoE, but you don't have enough info to make that decision either

#33 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

There was a lot of gold selling activity when WoE was implemented on classic. I didn't realize this back then because I was just focusing on farming CKs and other hot items which went for ridiculously high price.

I was extremely suspicious on how these players obtained the zeny having at least 1 billion. I didn't think about it much back then because I was making bank.

Don't put too much trust on posts that want WoE asap. Hope WP is aware of this past activity in the classic server which will likely repeat here.

#34 507253469421971

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

I get what you're saying but I got to be honest and also tell you that this agreement is highly unlikely to happen as this was an issue on the Renewal server and the big guild there never stopped to bully small guilds. It'd be pretty awesome if this actually happened though, I mean, at least agree to not attack starting guilds.

Also I might have to ask you a question: Do you realize by the time you'll take to gear up to "properly" WoE, big guilds will also gear up a lot more? So, if now big guilds got only basic WoE gear (Immune, Unfronze, Cranial), if we wait too much they'll have +9 WoE Sets, high refined Weapons and more people? That's my point.

You don't have to be 99 and with basic WoE set to actually go to WoE. You won't be able to clash against big guilds, indeed. But at least you'll be able to defend yourself against random breakers or smaller guilds.

Either way they'll gear/level up better and faster, in this case woe is like a boost to that.

I know that you don't need 99 and/or insane equipment, been there too, but then again my guild and probably many more don't have that much time to play, we wont be able to pay a woe... i'm talking about healing items, we won't log in just to farm to woe, maybe those possible casual players that might get hooked into woe will.

I admit that woe hooked me up into the game just like you, that doesn't mean that everyone will, a lot of people that i know just quit ro because donation over power items, bad server management, slow grinding, bad community or who know what else and yes they quit after woe release.

This is a problem that big woe guild creates in pretty much any pserver that opens, they just rush gear and characters, and before you know it, a week later they are ready to woe, with basic gear and a decent amount of supplies... i'm not saying is bad is the way they play the game, but not because of them they shoud release woe early, not even for the small posibility of getting more "casual" players hooked.

I don't think this is a woe based server and i don't think releasing it early will make it.

#35 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

I don't get why you PvM guys are complaining about that, aside from bots farming marc/thara, what's the big deal? '-'

WoE is a -_- part of the game and i know many people that just still play this game for it.

[Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 July 2017 - 07:08 PM.
Removed portion of post

#36 Vargfula

Vargfula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Well, your calculations are one-sided and makes no sense. 

Most people will start thinking "oh, WoE started and I'm not even 90, I don't even have any equips, I'm too behind, I can't catch up, I think I'm too late".

instead of 900, as you mentioned.. 1.250 people will quit.

Give players time, let people meet each other in guilds. Let 'em hunt together. 

For me, I'm ready. But I don't want to take advantage of people who isn't, by just rushing into WoE next week.

Stop the drama already.

In the end, who plays and pays the most will win anyways. No need to rush.

Edited by Vargfula, 19 July 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#37 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

PvM brought everyone together decades ago because hardly anyone knew nothing. Everyone was a noob so PvM was challenging. Now that everyone can kill most of the monsters and mainly solo them, since we got endless hp/sp supplies I don't think that will bring people together anymore. We will never be able to replicate exactly what happened in 2004.

Are you sure? Because I've been dealing with tons of new players on a daily basis asking questions about the game. I do not know where you have the valor to come up with such wicked retorts, but I think you are just speaking for yourself and not the whole community. Even so, such things are expected. : )

Edited by Arkghyom, 19 July 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#38 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

Well, your calculations are one-sided and makes no sense.

Give players time, let people meet each other in guilds. Let 'em hunt together.
For me, I'm ready. But I don't want to take advantage of people who isn't, by just rushing into WoE next week.

In the end, who plays and pays the most will win anyways. No need to rush.

Taking too long will just make people join existing guilds and we'll end up with same old guilds and guild leaders all over again. We all know that.

It's easier for a new guild to grow with the treasure than without it, despite what big guilds are doing.

#39 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

Also the servers can't even handle the load of normal PvM, what makes you think WoE would even be playable anytime soon?

#40 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

They do this in every server. They rush ahead early, get gear and levels and then want WoE asap while they're ahead of the majority of the server.

I'm fine whenever WoE comes out if it follows the actual schedule they've been given / decided on, but don't listen to people like Tznt (p2w).

Edited by Esux, 19 July 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#41 Mystichobo

Mystichobo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Underpantsgnomes will dominate woe, do not rush to your demise.  Relax for awhile and let the game take its course, everyone wants it all now.

#42 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

don't wait forever like on classic where half the guilds had quit before woe came out 

#43 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

If this thread is not an attention-seeking thread, my serious input is no :v

Server just started, not even a month, and some people already want to rush WoE. People will lose the interest in game is your argument to rush WoE? I'm gonna just say that WoE is not everything. It is just one of the end game goal where many cheaters go in to win dirty to boost ego which they seem to lack in real life while some legit players WoE there for fun.

If your argument to rush WoE in is to keep players interested, by this logic, we need to rush 3rd classes in now or people will lose interest and quit the game.

#44 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

I hope they take 4 months to start WoE so that guilds with real world jobs and social skills have a chance. :feelsbadman:

#45 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

we should remove all monsters from the game and make the only maps castles, this will both please the woe guilds and please the people complaining about too many bots.

That is literally the best suggestion I've ever seen, for any game, ever.

#46 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

Also the game just launched on steam. Do those players not deserve an equal chance to compete?

#47 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Im looking to join the 2nd or 3rd or 4th(will there be 4 decent woe guilds participating?) most powerful guild, who would i look for? Id prefer to be on the under dog team its no fun dominating.

#48 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

Also the game just launched on steam. Do those players not deserve an equal chance to compete?

They won't have though. We're already almost 1 month ahead of them.

#49 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

My issue would be that if castle ownership would not be limited to let's say 1 castle per week maximum, we would create insane disparity between guilds really quickly as the currently well equipped guilds will definitely be able to overrun everyone else.

#50 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

My issue would be that if castle ownership would not be limited to let's say 1 castle per week maximum, we would create insane disparity between guilds really quickly as the currently well equipped guilds will definitely be able to overrun everyone else.

or just release 1-2 woe realms (5-10 castles), that indirectly limits how many castles each guild can take

Edited by mentalmidget, 19 July 2017 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users