If we want a good WoE scenario, WoE must start soon. - Page 4 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

If we want a good WoE scenario, WoE must start soon.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Good evening,
Had to sit and clean this thread from derail, as it was made clear to me that some posters are here just to troll.

Let me say this clear, if there are personal agendas going on just disregard them and engage the discussion if needed appropriately, else spend the time in something else more constructive.
Many posts had to go along with their responses and comments, if you find your "good standing" post gone then it just means it was related to an off topic.

I'd appreciate maintaining on-topic postings, derail and such will not be tolerated past this point. Thank you.

#77 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

I don't think there's going to be much competition on this server unless pserver people decide to join in.

There will be a fair many guild in WoE I am sure, but they will all be low hanging fruit.

#78 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

What really bugs me is the fact that WoE will not be the zenny sink it regularly is in other servers. I think that  if they dont disable woe pots, this server will become a pay for godlike items. (specially for the big guilds)

Considering that knights will be dominating pvp/woe, doesnt make me really excited to woe anytime soon either. 

I think 3-4 weeks is a good time for the first woe. More than that, just wont make any sense to me. Why wait more?

Edited by Panteperu, 20 July 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#79 LizzyMcMuffin

LizzyMcMuffin

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

ro isn't alive because nostalgia, modern MMOs are just bad and pale in comparison.

Actually, you do realize that the truth of MMOs being bad and pale in comparison is the very thing that gives nostalgia in RO value, when you look back to / revisit the things that were better in certain ways right? xD

Although what you've said was pretty true as well.

#80 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

I don't think there's going to be much competition on this server unless pserver people decide to join in.

There will be a fair many guild in WoE I am sure, but they will all be low hanging fruit.

Well, that's why I'm so worried about it and the main reason why I think WoE should start soon. There are not that many "known" WoE guilds currently playing the server and we all know that most of the old iRO guilds just won't come back. Regarding pservers I honestly can't think of any other guilds that its members are not already playing here in another known guilds so I highly doubt that's a possiblity.

The thing with most people is that they think WoE needs a huge scenario BEFORE the WoE starts and even though that's really nice, that's not a requirement. And considering today's WoE Scenario on Western RO, I really think we should let the smaller/new guilds to grow and evolve rather than just keep endlessly waiting for guilds that'll never play again.

As I said before, I'll say it again we need fresh blood. If we actually want this server's WoE to last long enough we can't let big guilds grow even bigger, so when we get to the first WoE every small guild gets stomped by big guilds, disband and then joins the same big guilds that stomped them. So we end up with the same old crappy WoE against everyone we already know. So that translates to no new alliances other than the usual A vs. B.

Edited by Tanzanito, 20 July 2017 - 06:23 AM.

#81 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

Remove the Green Ale first... ops sory i mean Woe white...lol...

#82 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

If you want to remove WoE whites, better start banning bots first because apparently it is not new that some big guilds do bot (and cheat) to have unlimited WoE supplies. Removing WoE whites will put legitimate guilds at a big disadvantage while guilds will comtinue having unlimited white pots to spam anyway.

Don't want people to stay in the emp to precast forever? Disable flags maybe lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 July 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#83 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

I think this thread should be locked since it's breeding too many trolls and derailments. If someone wants some criticism about WoE, they should approach this topic in a different manner. 

#84 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Heres the winner folks.

Implement WoE right now.     - the one guild + 4 random people are happy

Disable rewards from WoE.  - everyone else is happy

Dont disable Kafra Cards during this time. - everyone will see that they are cancer in the WoE scene so WP can disable them which will make Senpa1 happy

Implement WoE rewards with the full release of 2-2.  - because.

And honestly tanz, you honestly think 90% of the Western RO players want a healthy WoE scene immediately instead of getting to enjoy the game for what it is right now rather than slam our faces as close to chaos and loki were over the last 2 years?  See my response below.

Edited by MalakGalthana, 20 July 2017 - 07:59 AM.

#85 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

I think this thread should be locked since it's breeding too many trolls and derailments. If someone wants some criticism about WoE, they should approach this topic in a different manner.

VModCinammon already addressed this issue and deleted the trolling posts. No need to lock it right now as it's a healthy discussion.

#86 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

devs in taking whatever the time they need to make good decisions for the server

I agree with this but history says otherwise..

#87 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

Implementation early on might be nice...li like Fun-Killer say .It might even gave good experiance !

Most will start from being a pvp freak who will try to kill everyone on screen and later get slaughter like sheep) into a player who contribute to the guild by be coming Guild Oriented player (who may one day play a major role or becoming s backbone to their guild in seige and defending  )

Woe is fun and full of Drama...  since they many Woe White out there we could have  GM guild to participate like the first Woe. Instead of holding one castle how about the Gm  hold all the castle... And we try to break them....that would seen a great  way to spend the Woe White  .PS include a big reward  also..

#88 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Whatever WoE you play, there will be one most broke class. In 2-1 WoE, it is Knight.

However it is relatively very easy to reach level 85+ on Knight. Whether you exploited 250 KP codes or purchased KP, all you have to do is get reductions and spam BB and unlimited WoE white points.

There are many WoE guilds out there. You should be fine finding one

You don't have to do either of those to get 85+ on a knight. If you play the market you'll never have to purchase anything from the cash shop besides VIP, if that. You seem salty.

#89 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

You don't have to do either of those to get 85+ on a knight. If you play the market you'll never have to purchase anything from the cash shop besides VIP, if that. You seem salty.

Actually no because I am a well known P2W player. So if I want to, with all knowledge from thRO, I can level easily. Moreover, I dont have to waste my time playing the game market lol

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

It's a bit disingenuous to compare this server to servers that started during RO's prime, or I could make a comparison with old chaos and its 6+ alliances and AMAZING WoE scene. We waited ages for WoE on there.

But it's not the same because less people play and frankly the guilds here are all the same guys we've been playing with for the past 6~7 years. 

#91 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

Actually no because I am a well known P2W player. So if I want to, with all knowledge from thRO, I can level easily. Moreover, I dont have to waste my time playing the game market lol

P2W as in the guild?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users