• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#26 terrudao

terrudao

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Thanks. Im feeling so better reading this.

Indeed.

God Bless you all.

Ps: PLEASE KILL THOSE D**N BOTS!

#27 Combattent

Combattent

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2094 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

back in 2014 like 35% of Chaos population were brazilians. Nice consideration doing this, heh

Edited by lucas15788, 26 July 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#28 Mathbellion

Mathbellion

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

AzTVtxj.gif

#29 seeeeidi

seeeeidi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

I don't think this decision was theirs, but from the company that manages the brazilian server (I don't think I should call them publicly, but you guys know which one I'm referring to). That being said, I view this as a HUGE discouragement for the BR players that were playing here previously, but there is nothing to be done about this. It's pretty sad to see the community dying by the need to preserve the game as a profitable product, but that's what it was about since the beginning. As for myself, I don't think there are many reasons for me to keep playing it, at least not as hardcore as I was willing to.

#30 tings

tings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

I don't think this decision was theirs, but from the company that manages the brazilian server (I don't think I should call them publicly, but you guys know which one I'm referring to). That being said, I view this as a HUGE discouragement for the BR players that were playing here previously, but there is nothing to be done about this. It's pretty sad to see the community dying by the need to preserve the game as a profitable product, but that's what it was about since the beginning. As for myself, I don't think there are many reasons for me to keep playing it, at least not as hardcore as I was willing to.

Good point. Its really pretty sad to see the brazilian community be excluded. And as you, idk if there are many reasons to still playing hardcore.

Perhaps the company that u sayed are thinking about to start a rorestart too, and if so, would be nice if they do non p2w game, like this.

#31 2529130606133426740

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

just to you guys know, the zeny sellers are NA players, as well bot players. But is very nice to know, after 1 month playing, i cant invite my friends to play with me...

thx "International" server

#32 SimonPetrikov0

SimonPetrikov0

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Good point. Its really pretty sad to see the brazilian community be excluded. And as you, idk if there are many reasons to still playing hardcore.
Perhaps the company that u sayed are thinking about to start a rorestart too, and if so, would be nice if they do non p2w game, like this.

I BELIEVE that's not the case, I'm a Brazilian that has stopped playing bRO a long time ago since they basically turned the economy based on the cash bought with real money (we call it ROPS), it was really p2w the time that I abandoned the server, besides the problem with bots, that I'm almost sure it were worse than the one in Restart, so I don't think they'd make an old times server like Restart, since they basically don't give a shrimp about us (maybe a long time ago they did, but later on... oh well, it makes me sad to even think about it)

@Edit

But I wanted to add that Nexon (that created MapleStory), after allowing Brazil to have its Brazilian MS, they didn't allow us to use Global MS anymore (even though it's called 'Global') and only allowed us to play on the European server after bMS died

Only after eMS was on his last days, they allowed everyone to play the Global version

I think they would've profitted way more if they allowed people from Brazil to play on his Global server (since the things on eMS were kinda... meh)

And returning to the point, WP would profit a lot if they allowed Brazilian people to play on his servers, since Ragnarok is a really well known game here in Brazil (if compared to MS, for example) and they'd get a lot of new Brazilian players to play on his servers (as I've seem a lot of BRs here, there's even Brazilian guilds on this new server already, só the more the better for you guys, if I may guess)

Edited by SimonPetrikov0, 26 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Unfortunately we were obligated to limit new account creation to users connecting from certain region.

#34 Lucca2k17

Lucca2k17

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Unfortunately we were obligated to limit new account creation to users connecting from certain region.

Are you saying that this isn't permmanent? 
'cause I don't live in Brazil anymore, but my friends, my guildmates and all the people that i know are playing on RESTART.

The company that manages bRO did put an IP Block to all people outside Brazil, and this made me came to iRO

so if iRO just won't allow my friends and etc to create their accounts forever, it'll be just a sad decision to an "international" server 'u'

Edited by Lucca2k17, 26 July 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Are you saying that this isn't permmanent? 
'cause I don't live in Brazil anymore, but my friends, my guildmates and all the people that i know are playing on RESTART.

The company that manages bRO did put an IP Block to all people outside Brazil, and this made me came to iRO

so if iRO just won't allow my friends and etc to create their accounts forever, i'll be just a sad decision to an "international" server 'u'

Unfortunately we have to honor the regional limitations any user that connects from a location that has a version RO is supposed to be limited to that version. So for example we can't let connections from Brazil register accounts. While connections coming form a source elsewhere may.

#36 SimonPetrikov0

SimonPetrikov0

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

So I want to know...

I created this account on 2014 (you can check if you wish) but bRO has been running here since a very long time ago... I didn't change my IP or anything, I just went to WP site and created my account normally as any other game site

So does that make me an outlaw? Even though I didn't know there were restrictions to the creation of accounts and WP just allowed me to create as anyone else?? This seems like a whole weird thing

#37 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Well, we all know how the brazilian server is annoying... they probably make a complain and re:start had to limit the registration...

However it did not seem that re:start is happy with that too. It is like they were forced to do that.

Edited by manoelsilva6666, 26 July 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#38 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

"While connections coming from a source elsewhere may"

A word to a wise man is enough... (Para um bom entendor, meia palavra basta...)

#39 HyunSeung

HyunSeung

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

So... I should stop paying the game? If there is a risk to be banned I don't want waste my money...

#40 SmoshySmosh

SmoshySmosh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:SmoshySmosh
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Unfortunately we have to honor the regional limitations any user that connects from a location that has a version RO is supposed to be limited to that version. So for example we can't let connections from Brazil register accounts. While connections coming form a source elsewhere may.

It's funny you say that we don't allow connections from brazil, because all of the players I have actually talked to from the game are from brazil. Many people even have BR in their name.

#41 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

It's funny you say that we don't allow connections from brazil, because all of the players I have actually talked to from the game are from brazil. Many people even have BR in their name.

Campitor said, i quote, "we can't let connections from Brazil register accounts."

He did not said that he doesn't allow connections from Brazil, you are the one saying that.

He just said that they won't let new accounts from brazilians being created, but the old accounts can continue to use the game normally.

Read the whole thread before start to saying things that are not true.

Edited by manoelsilva6666, 26 July 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#42 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

How many times do Campitor and the rest of the team have to say that they won't be banning BRs and that the region restrictions are not a decision that Warp Portal has made themselves? They have to follow their contract, which says they can't let certain regions create accounts for Re:Start.

#43 1823130813032539467

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

Stop xenophobia.  :p_sad:

#44 apiz001

apiz001

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

What about Malaysian and Singaporean? My friend cannot register as well.

They keep getting "You are not allowed to view this content" notice when trying to register.

RO Restart has been shared among our local gaming group since last month,

but starting from few days ago, everyone keep talking about this ip block thingy... which is suck,

because it is rare to see our local gamers crazy about RO again.

#45 Fleshgod

Fleshgod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:51 AM

As long as they allow connection as in to play the game it's fine. Anyone can change the ip to create an account, it's not black magic. If they start blocking/banning br players tho, then there's nothing to be done.

Edited by Fleshgod, 27 July 2017 - 02:53 AM.

#46 Tsudesu

Tsudesu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

Ragnarok in 2017 is just for getting money. We know that you guys doesnt care about the game, even gravity doesnt care.

But blocking Brazilian players is really retarded. Most of the people on the server are Brazilians and they are paying vip, buying rops and obviously botting.

Like someone said, iRO is just propaganda. this is naRO.

#47 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

Ragnarok in 2017 is just for getting money. We know that you guys doesnt care about the game, even gravity doesnt care.

But blocking Brazilian players is really retarded. Most of the people on the server are Brazilians and they are paying vip, buying rops and obviously botting.

Like someone said, iRO is just propaganda. this is naRO.

Users connecting from Brazil with already made accounts should still be able to play.

#48 daonetto

daonetto

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:32 AM

in Brazil, in the very begining ragnarok was the best game it could be, me and my friends played like crazy, years of adventure but most of us old timers stoped, why? Because the Level Up destroyed the game, made ragnarok a cash party and now, you show us a server from the beginning, a chance for us to feel the same joy we had in the past, we came to this "international" server with hope that we could, even busy with work, take some joy in playing a fair and oficial server of ragnarok.

Then you block more people from Brazil to play. Dont worry, i am not a kid, i know you guys have to abide by the contract but i would like to say, letting the business restrict your player base is the same as forcing people to drop out from ragnarok, because i am certain that anyone that was blocked, will not go back to the Brazil server. 

I dint need to write this, i can play this server because i already had my account, but is just sad to see this happening. 

#49 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

This is all bull-_-. BR players are restricted from playing in several games but we still prefer to pay for proxies and play on international servers.

The company that runs Ragnarok (lug filha da puta do caralho) turned the game into a super laggy p2w server, with a very old and corrupted community. The only people who still play are those who have been playing this for about 10 years, and spend something like half their monthly income in Cash.

I am from São Paulo and I have a 100mbps speed internet.

My ping on Brazilian server: 500~700

My ping on iRO Odin server: 250~300

I guess this says a lot...

I'm sorry BR haters, but block our ips, block our accounts, hunt us down as much as you want but we'll still be here!

Deal with us!

tumblr_ndi2lqewXW1sbgii8o1_400.gif

#50 mefistozin

mefistozin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

On bRO Thor server i have a GX with items overpower as hell, i can solo ANY mvp on game... this Re:Start server reminds me when i was 14 15 years old and i just had abandoned the bRO and come to experience a fresh start on ragnarok. Don`t care about LevelUP working to -_- up brazilians play on iRO, internet have free poxys and masks.....let them feel fear for being such negligent -_- administrators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users