RESTART Current Server Status - Login:Online - Page 46 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Current Server Status - Login:Online

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1167 replies to this topic

#1126 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hello, i'm online in the server right now and when i logged it was like 3k people on but people from my party can't log in, is there a problem?

login is random

#1127 Margarethahp

Margarethahp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

server on ! :v

#1128 Forrao

Forrao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

The most common form of DDoS is through a network of bots, this technique being the most usual and efficient cyber attack for its technological simplicity.

By Wikipedia

#1129 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

woooooo i was the first one online they said odin(0)

#1130 ragnarbrothbook

ragnarbrothbook

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

Logging in right now is like calling into a radio show.

#1131 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

The most common form of DDoS is through a network of bots, this technique being the most usual and efficient cyber attack for its technological simplicity.

By Wikipedia

that is a different type of bot not in game bot where only a limited set amounts of packets are aloud by the sever at any time.

#1132 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

This topic should archived for its high entertainment value.

#1133 ChaosEcko

ChaosEcko

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Unsure, but it seems like people within certain areas cannot login (like myself). 

#1134 xx40ozxxx

xx40ozxxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

PM me the character name and I can check.

I checked all three accounts you have tied to this name and there is no strange activity that matches past instances.

No they don't. The zones aren't being cycled so they aren't being spawned.

Need compensation.

#1135 Ich1ka

Ich1ka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

didnt camp give us a proposed compensation plan? lets not get too greedy now folks...

#1136 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Camp, with the DDOS is it just a case of waiting it out?

With DDOS you can mitigate it somewhat to prevent the worse of the traffic but with any DDOS attack all defenses can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers. As the number of devices in the world grows so does the potential number of things that can attack networks.

Some of the attacking devices can realistically include network connected toasters.

#1137 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Just wondering but are there certain regions that have a lower "priority" to connect to the game right now? some people have no problem logging in while others can barely get in and if they do they disconnect on map changes.

#1138 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Someone messed around with my stats and zeny. ONE MONTH ROLL BACK PLEASE! :3

#1139 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Just wondering but are there certain regions that have a lower "priority" to connect to the game right now? some people have no problem logging in while others can barely get in and if they do they disconnect on map changes.

I don't know how the mitigation is being targeted but as far as I understand it. They are only filtering out oddly formed traffic or places that have too much traffic. There are no blocks of any region such as, say Oklahoma.

#1140 WhatIsLovee

WhatIsLovee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Any realistic chance to get my money refunded that i spent on VIP ? (1500 WP)

Nothing against the staff that is trying pretty hard to fix this mess, but i rather spend my money on a service that i can enjoy. The wave of bots and unavailability is a absolute no-go for an actual official RO server.

Edited by WhatIsLovee, 28 July 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#1141 Kryz

Kryz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

Nothing against the staff that is trying pretty hard to fix this mess, but i rather spend my money on a service that i can enjoy. The wave of bots and unavailability is an absolute no-go for an actual official RO server.

Send a ticket

#1142 6332130511074022587

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

I don't know how the mitigation is being targeted but as far as I understand it. They are only filtering out oddly formed traffic or places that have too much traffic. There are no blocks of any region such as, say Oklahoma.

Can you provide a solution how to reduce that traffic you refering? Ive been trying to log in for days, trying different solution and internet providers and still cant log in. This sucks when you tried to fixed the server for almost 24 hrs and the team only came up with one solution which is to through mitigation and still al of bots can still manage to go online while legit players cannot.

#1143 289170718190237330

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Is anyone able to login or is it just me?.....

#1144 Heetz

Heetz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Nothing against the staff that is trying pretty hard to fix this mess, but i rather spend my money on a service that i can enjoy. The wave of bots and unavailability is a absolute no-go for an actual official RO server.

Send a ticket

Knowing WP support, this gonna take more than 1 month to solve

#1145 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Interesting. I tried using a VPN and I can login quickly and don't disconnect anymore. This mitigation process is racist!

#1146 Dranzzel

Dranzzel

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

can't login... I'm getting "Rejected from Server. Login to WarpPortal and confirm-update your Password(30)" 

why do u do this to me, Server?

#1147 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

are at least your bothunters able to login? cause there are like 20 thief bots at gef_fild04 :|

#1148 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Nothing against the staff that is trying pretty hard to fix this mess, but i rather spend my money on a service that i can enjoy. The wave of bots and unavailability is an absolute no-go for an actual official RO server.

Had to talk to the payment team. They said whats possible varies from case to case and that you will need to submit a ticket at https://support.warpportal.com to the Payment team to be reviewed.

However I want to note that once the DDOS attacks are finished we will be providing compensation for any user affected by these attacks and most definitely providing VIP users more VIP than they lose due to interruptions.

#1149 WhatIsLovee

WhatIsLovee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Had to talk to the payment team. They said whats possible varies from case to case and that you will need to submit a ticket at https://support.warpportal.com to the Payment team to be reviewed.

However I want to note that once the DDOS attacks are finished we will be providing compensation for any user affected by these attacks and most definitely providing VIP users more VIP than they lose due to interruptions.

I see, on another note - any chance to receive a position as a Bot Hunter? Been playing off and on since iro beta/kro sakray (around 15-16 years now..) and would like to help purge the massive bot issue.

This is of course a position i would take without any compensation and i would stop playing my normal gaming accounts.

Edited by WhatIsLovee, 28 July 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#1150 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

ah i could camp in Yggrasil all day.. i love the bgm here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users