Regarding Game and Web services connectivity issues - DDoS - Page 2 - WarpPortal News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding Game and Web services connectivity issues - DDoS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

So someone or some company has a personal vendetta against WarpPortal, how childish of them...

Not a person a company with enough resources to really cause an major issue. Its a pity that there ISP doesn't report them and get them busted.

#27 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

As most everyone on the forum already knows, we have been under persistent DDoS attacks. The attacks were largely mitigated until they ramped up in frequency, volume and method on Thursday night.

Of course we have been doing all possible to keep the games accessible as much as possible, but there have been a number of times that the DDOS did overwhelm our mitigations and connection was lost. We have been upgrading our mitigations constantly based on each new attack, while reviewing what key services are impacted just by our mitigations.
Without going into detail, suffice it to say that to remain open enough so that players can play but attackers are thwarted is either a fine line or an impossible one depending upon circumstances. Currently we still have attacks intermittently coming in, and we are still updating our processes as best as possible.

We have been in triage mode to keep as much service available as possible, but that does mean that some services or players' connection troubles are not resolved. One of those connection troubles was some people unable to connect to web services or patchers properly despite them being open.

It seems that during one of the more aggressive attacks and mitigation setups it is possible that some DNS servers on the internet may have not been able to refresh our DNS entries properly, so those using those DNS servers can't find us correctly.
Fortunately such DNS issues self fix themselves on the internet over time; but for a more immediate fix please try the following.

1. Disconnect from your proxy or vpn service (your IP is nearly 100% certain to NOT be actually blocked)
2. Try the site again, if the page won't display, try updating your DNS to use Google's open DNS.
- Please do write down your old DNS settings in case your ISP won't connect with them.
- URL for instructions: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using
3. Visit the page again, you may need to hard refresh your browser to clear its cache.

We are still working on improving our method of mitigation to allow for more normal game play, please do continue to let us know when something specific is wrong with your game so we can look into it.

ps mitigation just so I could say it one more time.

yes its good not to give too much away. I am sure these childish people are also checking the forums too.I hope they get busted lose all there computers and gear, and have to pay heavy fines. 

#28 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:36 PM

I'm a lame duck when it comes to computers but one person only who controls a network of bots is enough to cause havoc (like the well-kown Mirai botnet.). There are people who sell ddos services in the dark web, I doubt companies were involved in this attack.

#29 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

1. Disconnect from your proxy or vpn service (your IP is nearly 100% certain to NOT be actually blocked)
2. Try the site again, if the page won't display, try updating your DNS to use Google's open DNS.
- Please do write down your old DNS settings in case your ISP won't connect with them.
3. Visit the page again, you may need to hard refresh your browser to clear its cache.

And what in the world is this? Do you realize there are many players who don't have the slightest clue about any of these? How are they supposed to follow the instructions when don't know nothing about DNS or cache or even ISP? >,<

#30 vinax314

vinax314

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

And what in the world is this? Do you realize there are many players who don't have the slightest clue about any of these? How are they supposed to follow the instructions when don't know nothing about DNS or cache or even ISP? >,<

My sentiments exactly lol. I am not a techy techy person and do not speak computer. :p_err:  

#31 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

iQS3Awo.gif

#32 mokopoko

mokopoko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

wrong post !

Edited by mokopoko, 31 July 2017 - 02:37 AM.

#33 Oroch1

Oroch1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

mitigation

got it chief

#34 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

My sentiments exactly lol. I am not a techy techy person and do not speak computer. :p_err:  

First, that is why the instructions are there.

Second, patience is a virtue in times like these.

#35 vinax314

vinax314

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

First, that is why the instructions are there.

Second, patience is a virtue in times like these.

First, read the red sentence from the instruction link he posted. :P30mu33q.png

Sorry idk how to resize :P

I am patient but I really just do not understand the instruction. Imagine I am a grandma trying to use a smartphone for the first time lol. But anyway, thanks for replying :P

#36 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

First, read the red sentence from the instruction link he posted. :P

<Picture removed because Holy Valhalla we don't need that in this reply>

Sorry idk how to resize :P

I am patient but I really just do not understand the instruction. Imagine I am a grandma trying to use a smartphone for the first time lol. But anyway, thanks for replying :P

Not a problem friend. :) Just do other things while we wait.

#37 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

I say get on the front foot its time to go on the offensive. Lets Ddos the carp out of these attackers until they cry uncle.

As much as I would like these low life scum to suffer eternal flatulence .  Aggressive responses never lead to peaceful solutions.

Edited by ladyblue777, 31 July 2017 - 04:01 AM.

#38 KidBourbon

KidBourbon

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

It seems that during one of the more aggressive attacks and mitigation setups it is possible that some DNS servers on the internet may have not been able to refresh our DNS entries properly, so those using those DNS servers can't find us correctly.
Fortunately such DNS issues self fix themselves on the internet over time; but for a more immediate fix please try the following.

Not working for me still cant log in

#39 281170614090240313

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

and its down again dude we need more compensation the exp box u gave us was worthless coz when we use it we dc and then we comeback its gone. we missed a lot of events too. :hmm: :ok: :ok: :ok: :no1:

#40 CJRilv

CJRilv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

and its down again dude we need more compensation the exp box u gave us was worthless coz when we use it we dc and then we comeback its gone. we missed a lot of events too. :hmm: :ok: :ok: :ok: :no1:

What exp box?

#41 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

How many events? Just the Poring Hat one if any?

And I think you need bigger font.

#42 Ganstrito

Ganstrito

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

forge 72 plz

#43 x1i14znboy

x1i14znboy

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

I nearly spend 700$ on the game and they still want to make me work ??? Really ???

#44 LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

Lost 5 days of VIP time due to constant dc's and unable to relogs on Ragnarok Journey.... And we get a few exp books (which we really can't use because of the constant dc's) and charm points to compensate? Seriously? I know the attacks are not WP's fault but still... more really needs to be done.

#45 Kelanio

Kelanio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

I haven't been able to connecto today. Anyone else? I played last night but today I can't connect to the server. After attempting to connect and getting the fail connection to the server message and try again I get this message:

Rejecter from the Server. Login to WarpPortal and confirm-update your Password. (30). 

Any recommendations?

#46 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

Kelanio, specify your game, please. There are many games on Warpportal :C

#47 Kelanio

Kelanio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Kelanio, specify your game, please. There are many games on Warpportal :C

Oh, my bad! Ragnarok: Restart.

#48 KGery

KGery

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Same, can not connect to Ragnarok Restart, have a different error message though: "Failed to Connect to Server"

#49 weeedles

weeedles

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Suddenly i dont want to charge up in the game  anymore

#50 ILu4nik

ILu4nik

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Can't login to RJ today, whight screen only. 
before the adress is like this http://s8-ro.row.pla...56c8d57259aaf58
Now it's try login with facebook https://s8-ro.row.pl...03588819cc2ed61

I can\t change anything. I can't play the game anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users