Magicians' healing nerf feedback - Page 3 - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Magicians' healing nerf feedback

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:11 PM

Okay so you seem to be forgetting, Freezes, Stuns and Silence you can't cast Blink under. Unless you're encountering some mages that can, in which case record the video and submit to WarpPortal support. (See my tiny text in my last post). Also many of these debuffs are used in conjunction and are meant to hold multiple people. Meaning multiple enemy team players will get pulled and have these applied to.

Also of course it's easier to run/escape in 3vs3. My scenarios are in 85 which is often 10vs10 or even full 15vs15, loaded with mages and summoners as previous screenshots list.. Also even with mages/summoners a skilled mage can outmaneuver them with knowledge of skill ranges. Even pre-magnet nerf. A skilled player can even lock a Summoner with Golgon by predicting the rolling ability Golgon uses and using proper distance in a hit & run fashion. That's an entirely RnG skill the Golgon will use.

Though I'm glad others are seeing Death Buffs HP-boost's effect has on %-HP based healing skills. We'll always deal the same DPS but the HP will go higher and higher.

I know that you can't cast anything during a Freeze / Stun / Silence. What I meant is that because Blink is instant, the locked Magician just need a little bit less than 0.5s of free time and then he can escape. As zekiel6 said, it's hard to Freeze / Stun / Silence the flags holder 100% of the time until he dies because the enemies will come to protect him with some huge AoE spells which prevent you from going close to the enemy. Also would like to remind that while some juge AoE CC can be long to cast like Rolling Stone, some others like Blizzard can be instantly casted, so can protect a flag holder really easily.

Once I think about it, battle square rewards aren't even good compared to the repair fees and the amount of complaint players have along with the amount of stacking you have to do in order to be decent, if I walk into battle square with +4 gear I don't see myself killing and carrying flags in order to get a decent amount of points to get some gold for that 50 gold repair fee. It's all about complaints on skills making it unfair, stacked vs unstacked making it unfair, trash classes that can't compete properly making it unfair. Nothing is ever right and I can see how popcorn is busting a blood vessel trying to work around this stuff considering he is a PvE player, 1 mistake and the community is outraged.

Agree ! We want more rewards for winning BSQ !

#52 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

I spot the different when I see you play your priest, dead on arrival. And no you don't need skills that are counter productive and will always give an edge, to those of us who actually know how to use them. Peace out. Take healing off and even than, the priest will continue to be over powered.

I've never said I'm particularly good at pvp, but I do think I have a knack for understanding how things work in genral and producing sound arguments based on that.

If you are trying to say that I want heals to stay because I need them to survive, I'll just tell you that's definately not the case. My wide heal is lvl 1, I don't need heals, points, kills or the win to have a bit of fun in bsq.

Why do you think heals are inherently counter productive? Healing is a fundemental part of many games across many genres, surely that's enough evidence that there's no issue with the mechanic itself. Sure they give an edge over a class that can't heal in some ways, but that never means that it's automatically unfair.

I agree, without healing invokers would be strong. Why does that mean heals should be completely removed?

I've also seen people suggest the removal/severe nerfing of element damage on x-attacks and multiple different nerfs on the cc skills of the class. All of these aspects require tweaking sure, but should all of them be done like I've seen people suggest then the class would be trash.

In the end Popcorn has mentioned many times now that they'll execute changes "with a scalpel rather than a chainsaw". And I'd say completely removing heals is in the chainsaw category. So you can keep hitting your head against the wall essentially, because I really doubt the change you want is going to happen, or you can move on.

Edited by Precrush, 25 August 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#53 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

healing should not get nerf to the point that players suggest, but the hp% and deathbuff abuse in bsq is more important. Because slow heal work as % of max hp it can get op as more death stack happen. The heal not as bad as priest or sorc with 400k hp. The heal does not need to be nerf if max hp stays the same for heal class. 200k hp max is better then 400k max.

To me this will be a big nerf for priest and sorc class, but will be fair for the other class. The only question remain is what player will cry about next for sorc and priest nerf? I think this should be enough.

Edited by testg, 25 August 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#54 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

healing should not get nerf to the point that players suggest, but the hp% and deathbuff abuse in bsq is more important. Because slow heal work as % of max hp it can get op as more death stack happen. The heal not as bad as priest or sorc with 400k hp. The heal does not need to be nerf if max hp stays the same for heal class. 200k hp max is better then 400k max.

To me this will be a big nerf for priest and sorc class, but will be fair for the other class. The only question remain is what player will cry about next for sorc and priest nerf? I think this should be enough.

I have stated HP gains from healing only get bad when hp% death-buffs get absurdly high already. But props to showing that Slow-Heals, Wide Heals, and HP Recovery at 400k hp is way worse than at 150-200k.

As for "What's next?" it's likely that if Death Buffs get removed or down-toned from BattleSquare, the next few weeks may be quiet aside from needed buffs or trials of certain balances to end or be changed.

#55 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

I agree, without healing invokers would be strong. Why does that mean heals should be completely removed?

Just wanna remind, not only to you, that at the beginning I created this topic suggesting to nerf the heals more, or to higher their cooldown (which btw sounds something needed now knowing the cooldown and duration of Slow Heal).

I agree with you, the heals must stay because they are part of the game. But it should be something that makes you last a little longer in fights, not forever.

#56 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

If is possible to nerf thp% deathbuff for specific class, that is the way to go. If not then i suggest for bsq depending on what the lvl bsq, that the hp% death buff be a fixed value like 5000 for first deathbuff health bonus in lvl 81 bsq. Next one total 10000,15000, and final 20000 again -this is total not added. This is much better then hp% for many reason. This prevent heavy health stacker for maximize hp % and getting 300k+ hp easily. At max death buff they can get 230k hp or so. Second, it helps the less gear player more than hp% does really. 3rd it prevents healing skill base on max hp from getting op and prevent heal class from being too tanky. What do you think?

4th no more death buff stripper coming to you for suicide**

Edited by testg, 26 August 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#57 Roseupfromdead

Roseupfromdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Bsq death buff should be remove.

Priests heal skill already nerf, theres no point to banned their skills in bsq/pvp.
You cant beat mages class doesnt mean those have to be nerf.

Group pvp is about teamwork: flagger run and his teammates protect him.

Any archer can lockdown a mage flagger till he dies, if you say crowncontrol ,teammate save him, dont forget you can have a mage teammate to help you atk too!

Before suggest nerf OTHER classes, should you review your gears , skills first?

Or maybe you can choose a teamwork side instead asking for nerf other class to die just because you can't beat them.

( from bsq observed )

#58 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

Bsq death buff should be remove.

I agree.

Priests heal skill already nerf, theres no point to banned their skills in bsq/pvp.
You cant beat mages class doesnt mean those have to be nerf.

As I said, if you read, I want the heals to stay in the game because they are a part of it. But if non-OP classes can't beat OP classes then either the OP classes have to get nerfed, or the non-OP classes have to become OP ; to make it fair.

Group pvp is about teamwork: flagger run and his teammates protect him.

Any archer can lockdown a mage flagger till he dies, if you say crowncontrol ,teammate save him, dont forget you can have a mage teammate to help you atk too!

Before suggest nerf OTHER classes, should you review your gears , skills first?

I think my gear is more than fine for BSQ, and all the skills I use in PvP are to their max level.

Or maybe you can choose a teamwork side instead asking for nerf other class to die just because you can't beat them.

I'm not asking for Magicians to become a dead class, just asking for them to be more fair. But I think that for now the best option is to try removing the death buffs.

( from bsq observed )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users