Anti-Bot revolution. Thank you Warpportal - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anti-Bot revolution. Thank you Warpportal

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#26 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

I understand they are out to make money obviously. I don't blame them I do blame the people that like to pretend they spend thousands to simply "support the server" all while looking down on botters and rmt. If they are only out to support the server I feel like purely cosmetic non tradable/vendable items would suffice. Instead they run around with full gear sets while collecting 50% more exp and drops getting more n more ahead of legit players all while pretending to be legit themselves and insulting other cheaters.

This chases legit players away from the game. Most people want actual skill n time invested to matter more than pay to win and that simply isn't the case here. This server is no less pay to win than the others. They all sell items that directly effect income of zeny and experience which goes against the entire point of an rpg.

With your logic, basically you are saying spending money on cash items = botters? GTFO. You're killing me man. Ro cash shop is already not p2w system. They dont sell gears with tons of stats in cash, do they? Nobody says support the server, I spend money for my own good gaming experience. WP provide lag free and good maintainance of the server, I'm willing to spend money. The server lagg heavily, I'm going to curse and throwing insult to them. That's how the world works!

And get down from your high horse. You are saying people who buy cash items are not legit players? You're joking right. Nobody forces you to buy cash items. If you "want actual skill n time invested to matter more than pay to win", you can do it by not buying any cash items. But don't complain if other people get more advantage because of cash items. You choose to play that way because you're "more legit player" than players who buy cash items

Edited by 10204130206637636, 20 August 2017 - 12:41 AM.

#27 2739140918112941303

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:28 AM

With your logic, basically you are saying spending money on cash items = botters? GTFO. You're killing me man. Ro cash shop is already not p2w system. They dont sell gears with tons of stats in cash, do they? Nobody says support the server, I spend money for my own good gaming experience. WP provide lag free and good maintainance of the server, I'm willing to spend money. The server lagg heavily, I'm going to curse and throwing insult to them. That's how the world works!

he's not being serious

#28 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

Greetings,

Please be respectful to one another, throwing remarks of a health condition is not constructive nor funny.

Posts and their responses have been removed.

#29 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Server:iRO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

I swear some of guys are meme's complaining about some of the things you are as if it is hard to level and gear on top of the fact you get free woe potions, which is basically half the headache of prepping for woe on its own. I am still trying to understand this delusion some of you guys have about this super large gap that cannot be closed which some of you seem to think exists. It must suck to know that there are people who got banned for botting and started over from scratch purely legit and still passed many of you because they actually know how to play this game. Stop blaming the bots for sucking or just simply not knowing how to play efficiently.

Also what the guy stated above about credit card warriors is not wrong if you actually understand what he meant. There are plenty of legit players who are practically fully geared without doing much pvm because they just swiped and sold stuff in game and bought their items. Not saying that is bad you do what you want with your money. I do not think this game is p2w at all but there is a pay 2 get ahead. So if you are ok with credit card warriors swiping to get an "advantage" on you because they were basically able to buy their items with their money while you spend 12 hours a day of your life grinding for yours then you really shouldn't complain about the "advantage" the people who botted have. Again, there is no real advantage to swiping or botting on this server. Stop bitching already and just let the gm's finish cleaning out the bots. Its a joke how many of you guys actually get discouraged and even quit over it. I cannot believe there are such subjective minded players in 2017 in this game.

#30 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

I swear some of guys are meme's complaining about some of the things you are as if it is hard to level and gear on top of the fact you get free woe potions, which is basically half the headache of prepping for woe on its own. I am still trying to understand this delusion some of you guys have about this super large gap that cannot be closed which some of you seem to think exists. It must suck to know that there are people who got banned for botting and started over from scratch purely legit and still passed many of you because they actually know how to play this game. Stop blaming the bots for sucking or just simply not knowing how to play efficiently.

Also what the guy stated above about credit card warriors is not wrong if you actually understand what he meant. There are plenty of legit players who are practically fully geared without doing much pvm because they just swiped and sold stuff in game and bought their items. Not saying that is bad you do what you want with your money. I do not think this game is p2w at all but there is a pay 2 get ahead. So if you are ok with credit card warriors swiping to get an "advantage" on you because they were basically able to buy their items with their money while you spend 12 hours a day of your life grinding for yours then you really shouldn't complain about the "advantage" the people who botted have. Again, there is no real advantage to swiping or botting on this server. Stop bitching already and just let the gm's finish cleaning out the bots. Its a joke how many of you guys actually get discouraged and even quit over it. I cannot believe there are such subjective minded players in 2017 in this game.

I can only speak for myself. I never complain about bots, because I simply don't care if other players have 6bill zeny. I don't need that much zeny to play comfortably and competitive. I never buy gears or items or zeny in RMT, because I think selling cash items gives more benefit. I only tell him that why is it matter if I swipe credit card to buy KP as much as I want, and selling cash items in vending. Yes I buy rare cards in zeny from selling cash items. But, According to him, that makes me not as "legit" of a player as him who is grinding his way to get his items/card. That's is a condescending remarks to me and other players like myself. Moreover, he put players who buys a lot of cash items in the same category as botting. Am I crazy or what here?

Edited by 10204130206637636, 20 August 2017 - 01:07 AM.

#31 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

Thank you!

#32 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

I can only speak for myself. I never complain about bots, because I simply don't care if other players have 6bill zeny. I don't need that much zeny to play comfortably and competitive. I never buy gears or items or zeny in RMT, because I think selling cash items gives more benefit. I only tell him that why is it matter if I swipe credit card to buy KP as much as I want, and selling cash items in vending. Yes I buy rare cards in zeny from selling cash items. But, According to him, that makes me not as "legit" of a player as him who is grinding his way to get his items/card. That's is a condescending remarks to me and other players like myself. Moreover, he put players who buys a lot of cash items in the same category as botting. Am I crazy or what here?

I understand your perspective for sure. Imho there is nothing wrong with supporting the server you play and if you can afford it go for it. That is completely fine and should not be held against you. But truthfully speaking you indirectly end up with the same result. There is just a legit and illegit way of going about it. Most of the people who like to bash botters have swiped their asses off and just disregard it as playing the game normally as if there is no advantage to. Its a bit of a double standard in my eyes. I am not referring to you specifically I am just speaking generally.

Edited by Jolen, 20 August 2017 - 01:23 AM.

#33 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

-

Edited by Jolen, 20 August 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#34 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

I understand your perspective for sure. Imho there is nothing wrong with supporting the server you play and if you can afford it go for it. That is completely fine and should not be held against you. But truthfully speaking you indirectly end up with the same result you just have a legit and an illegit way of going about it.

Define "legit player." Does it only apply to players who grind their way to get items? So, selling cash items to buy cards or gears is not a legit way of playing? Is that what you're saying? So arrogant

Edited by 10204130206637636, 20 August 2017 - 01:29 AM.

#35 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Absolutely nothing is wrong with it as long as you don't act like its any different than botters or RMT aside from that fact that warp portal allows it.  All of these methods are ways of getting ahead WITHOUT putting the time/effort in.  The problem is most of these people that spend hundreds in an effort to basically get ahead throw such tantrums over others doing the same in a different way.

I'd always been vip since 2012 when I was still active in iRO chaos. I think of vip/cash items as the current p2p/the full game/default state of the game, and non-vip/cash items as trial period. It's a matter of perspective, I think. In the past new players need to pay first just to try the game, now they can try first and decide if they want to continue playing and whether or not they want to spend $ on the game. And we don't always level/farm, sometimes we just want to afk in town, chat with friends, go on adventures. We couldn't do that in the past without paying, now we can. It's not like they sell everything in cash shop. There are still aspects of the game that you can only get by playing.

And how can you compare 'p2w' players to botters lol. The server won't exist without them. If anything they support the server more than f2p 'legit' players. This game is still pay to play, you're just playing with trial access while those who buy kp play the full game.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 20 August 2017 - 01:39 AM.

#36 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

Did I say that? I simply meant legit = swipe. Illegit = botting, exploits etc. Its not the same category at all because you are not using a 3rd party program to play for you. I am simply saying you indirectly end up with almost the same result. I really do not understand why you are taking offense to that when you said yourself you buy rare cards by selling cash shop items. Which gives you an advantage over a player who is farming that item purely ingame and if you truly deny that fact then I honestly do not know what to say lol. Never said it takes away from you as a player but stop pretending you do not gain an edge. That is all I am saying. Do not put words in my mouth, twist what I say or take what I said out of context. If I felt it was illegit I would just say straight up. But swiping does not mean you are illegit thats stupid to say.

#37 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

I think of vip/cash items as the current p2p/the full game/default state of the game, and non-vip/cash items as trial period.

This game is still pay to play, you're just playing with trial access while those who buy kp play the full game.

Please elaborate on what exactly does someone who isn't on VIP does not have access to that someone who is on VIP does? Because saying people who are not on VIP are not playing the full game makes 0 sense to me. And I completely disagree with you saying you cannot get everything from selling cash shop items considering zeny buys everything. Literally.

Edited by Jolen, 20 August 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#38 nevielin

nevielin

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

I've got ks'd twice yesterday when leveling up on the Wolves.

So that is pretty much still in.

if they are kill stealing there definitely human. i though bots were programmed built in never to kill steal and run away from people when ever possible.

#39 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:22 AM

if they are kill stealing there definitely human. i though bots were programmed built in never to kill steal and run away from people when ever possible.

By default a bot will not KS a person intentionally. people are able to go in there and change that if they want though.

#40 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

No. When the maintenance finished it was already pretty late for some parts of the world, not to mention friday isn't a good day to take some measures. Let's wait until sunday so we'll be able to have a better view of how many are real players.

Last time they tested to see what's the number of real players it was 5k. 

Starting to think you have a problem with me, I log in at ALL TIMES OF THE DAY/NIGHT so i'm pretty much in everyone's time zones. Like i said i can log in at 8 in the morning 7.5k or 8k i log in again at 6 pm same number i log in at 1 or 2 in morning oh look same number.

Just logged in 2.8k players.

Edited by KowalskiZapata, 20 August 2017 - 04:33 AM.

#41 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

There were some suspicious characters at Sohees tonight though. The most obvious one I saw was party auto follow-attack. Try visiting and judge for your self. 

#42 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

online number is steadily rising - it is doubled from 1.7k at same time yesterday and i doubt there that many new players if any at all.

If WP spent money on that bot protection attempt - they should ask for a refund imo.

#43 adzwind85

adzwind85

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

THE BOT IS COMING AGAIN from 2k player  instantly 3.5k player  OMG

#44 tzukaza

tzukaza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

Yes, unfortunately, if it really gets so bad again, I'm gone

#45 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

Well that was short lived.

#46 adzwind85

adzwind85

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

lag are coming again ...."NOTOBOT" wipe this plsss

#47 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

GMs : Please bring this revolution to Chaos Renewal server as well.. Bots are sucking as dry :( :sob:

#48 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

Well that was short lived.

but expected.

#49 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

They knew this would happen sooner or latter, so i really dont blame them considering they where honest about the limits of the fix.

Eitherway i apreciated this bot free 2 days, lets hope they can do "purge events" per week

#50 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

DarthaNyan trolling hard this morning.

Whatre you basing your numbers from?

3.5k right now, compared to 9k a few days ago = Win for legit players.

Huge blow to the bot and rmt community.

Hopefully the gm's keep using a combination of nuclear and regular airstrikes. The nuke's for the dummies and the regular airstrike for those more experienced bots.

If you dont want to go by the numbers, check out the novice training grounds, almost empty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users