• 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

20160129_ROSEPatch.png
Patch Notes v642

1000x320_BackToSchool-2017.jpg

Back To School Event

The time to show that school spirit has finally come with our Back To School event, running from August 20th to September 8th! More details about the event can be found here!

Wandering Monsters in Orlo
There have been rare sightings of monsters that like to wander the vast desert plains of The Golden Ring, Fossil Sanctuary and Wasteland Ruins Path. These creatures are have been known to drop unique jewelry pieces that may prove to be a useful addition to any Visitor's arsenal.

The following jewelry equipment items can be obtained from Wandering monsters in Orlo:
Spoiler

Refine Grade Expansion
The maximum refine grade has been expanded, allowing equipment to be upgraded all the way up to grade 20! Take your abilities to the next level with a new found boost in potential, if you can overcome the challenges to get there!

Spoiler

Item Mall
  • Hardcore Lucky Box [NEW!]
    Spoiler
    • Hardcore Wings of Strength
    • Hardcore Wings of Dexterity
    • Hardcore Wings of Intelligence
    • Hardcore Wings of Concentration
    • Hardcore Wings of Charm
    • Hardcore Wings of Sense
    • Steadfast Wings of Strength
    • Steadfast Wings of Dexterity
    • Steadfast Wings of Intelligence
    • Steadfast Wings of Concentration
    • Steadfast Wings of Charm
    • Steadfast Wings of Sense
    • Staunch Wings of Strength
    • Staunch Wings of Dexterity
    • Staunch Wings of Intelligence
    • Staunch Wings of Concentration
    • Staunch Wings of Charm
    • Staunch Wings of Sense
  • Back-to-School Box
  • School Backpack Box
  • School Bookbag Box
The following items are no longer available for purchase from the Item Mall:
  • Lucky Gear Box
  • Schools Out Box
Miscellaneous
The following items have been temporarily updated to Account Locked while we continue our efforts to address the reports of item duplication:
  • Box Of Plutorunes
  • Box Of Venurunes
  • Love Story Costume
  • Tea Party Costume Package
  • Lucky Gear Box
  • Summer Fun Box
  • Mini-Astarot Wings of Cataclysm Box
  • Big Astarot Wings of Cataclysm Box
  • Big Astarot Wings of Sentiment Box
  • Small box of Small Wings
  • Luau Box

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

+20's and new jewelry, I can't complain. 

I am curious though.

Set Bonus for Vagabond: 66 Con.

Set Bonus for Nomadic: 297 Dex.

Why such a massive difference? 

Edited by Feuer, 22 August 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#3 blaze10

blaze10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

its 297 def and 66 crit

#4 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

+20 while refine materials are still locked?  :hmm:

accessories to make dot reliant classes even stronger especially having a two piece set bonus?

10523515.gif

Edited by Snuwfer, 23 August 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

Ahaha, yeap, I was awake for about 10 minutes before reading that. Life without coffee in the morning is generally not a good idea I suppose. 

#6 bertkilo1

bertkilo1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Server:Aura

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

well champions are outdated now. Raiders very high dodge + very high ap now, even with the accu set I wont be able to keep up wil lose to many other stats.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

What are you talking about Snuwfer. Which Accessory are you looking at. 

#8 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

What are you talking about Snuwfer. Which Accessory are you looking at. 

AP\Sen

Dex\Def

Str\accu

The new accessories have set bonuses of (1) and (2)

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

I meant what jewelry is specifically making DoT classes stronger compared to non ones? 

#10 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:46 AM

I meant what jewelry is specifically making DoT classes stronger compared to non ones? 

1zc1xex.jpg

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

Just answer the question, jesus christ it's like trying to pull teeth with you.

#12 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Meanwhile here I am, trying to purchase Item Mall legitly but I can't for the life of me connect to your DNS Server because it is being flooded by users abusing the dupe exploit that you still haven't fixed.

Why haven't you guys caught onto this yet? Almost every time after a big update like this that introduces a pay wall, your DNS for warp portals item mall service is getting hit.

https://gyazo.com/46...ae830515d7f5d1a

Guess what else? Oddly enough there's players in game that I am already suspicious of and others have been for MONTHS, wearing the new Item Mall wings, etc while nobody else is able to access the Item Mall on warp portals website to "power-up" yet these players in game are buying IM and purchasing in game item mall?

Took about an hour for me to finally be able to access Item Mall / Power up on warp-portal, finally able to add now.

Unable to connect to patching DNS server now.

Edited by Snuwfer, 23 August 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#13 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

honor can break...gg.

you'll have us occupied for a bit but, any actual update on the AA/CD crash?

ALSO, since theres now 240 accessories, can we assume that new craftable accessories are coming too? lava, typhoon, hebarn are stuck at 160 (i think, forget) and extremely outdated. 

Edited by watermelonnn, 23 August 2017 - 05:08 AM.

#14 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:08 AM

+20 gears? nice way to reward players who bought duped venus and plutos as well as dupers lmfao .

new tier of uniqe jelwery yeah fine thats alright, what about the craftable ones? #RIPTyphoonSet.

you better not add a new uniqe weapon for 240 tier next week now ¬¬

#15 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

might wanna add the "degrade/break pop up" for refining 18+

#16 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Meanwhile here I am, trying to purchase Item Mall legitly but I can't for the life of me connect to your DNS Server because it is being flooded by users abusing the dupe exploit that you still haven't fixed.

Why haven't you guys caught onto this yet? Almost every time after a big update like this that introduces a pay wall, your DNS for warp portals item mall service is getting hit.

https://gyazo.com/46...ae830515d7f5d1a

Guess what else? Oddly enough there's players in game that I am already suspicious of and others have been for MONTHS, wearing the new Item Mall wings, etc while nobody else is able to access the Item Mall on warp portals website to "power-up" yet these players in game are buying IM and purchasing in game item mall?

Took about an hour for me to finally be able to access Item Mall / Power up on warp-portal, finally able to add now.

Unable to connect to patching DNS server now.

Must be a problem on your end. I bought WPE last night (specifically to get the new wings) and had no trouble at all connecting to the website. I've heard of other people having trouble because of their ad blockers so might want to check that or try a different browser.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 23 August 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#17 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

This is going way off topic, so let me start with nice patch. The new stuff is appreciated!

As to the Power Up page, for the love of God rewrite that, it's horrific.

1. You have disabled the backspace key in the form fields. What the hell?

2. When you do realize you've made a mistake and by habit backspaced (which didn't work) you get returned to the page with the damn points reset to 500.

Seriously, good eCommerce pages are not rocket science and I have literally never dealt with one that bad (I do this for a living, not interested in hearing excuses from other users :P)

And again since that was way off topic.

Thanks for the nice patch! Well done guys.

#18 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Less so about the jewelery and s o about the fact that refining your weapon will increase damage of dots but refini ng your armor won't reduce it at all. Knights and clerics do get a bigger gain defensively from refining their shield/magic tool than other classes however.

Regardless, refine 20 gear is making it even harder for new, and or old returning players to compete.

Also care to share what drop tier the 240 jewelry is? I'm assuming legendary but these bosses seem to be on a 30 minute timet and run around so maybe the rate is a little more generous.

#19 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

The Wandering Devourer's spawn seems to always be the same and seems to be on a 10-15 minute cycle. At least that is what I saw last night, as it handed me my ass at level 217 lol.

#20 sebasts

sebasts

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

this is crazy ..rune...now +20 guys maybe give something not take all the time ..we even didnt have enough time to get build well and you stick +20..seriusly wrong way ..dc .game crashes last patch was so changed that i get error have to download and reinstall game..yeah we gone just be here 20h a day to make money for your changes..awesome.

#21 Byoo

Byoo

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

So essentially with this patch, the dev made it so buying IM is a requirement in order to max end-game gear. There is no other way for normal players to get the refines and refine protection items needed in order to max their gear, especially when some of the invested players have 4+ different sets of gears and items. Yes, you can get refines from dungeons, but with the failure rates, degradation, and number of items that need to be refined, all this is doing is helping the dupers. Dupers will easily gain access to the  refines in order to upgrade their items making them generally stronger than the other players, while the normal players must grind thousands of dungeons, or buy IM in order to get the refines needed to upgrade their gear.

I like this patch regarding the new accessory sets, etc, but for the millionth time, account locking items so they are not trade-able is not the answer to duping.

Edited by Byoo, 23 August 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#22 sebasts

sebasts

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

yep patch sounds good but give us all.. stack of listen u and 10 box of venrune and plutorune..I got raider .brave/courage/vicious/chiv/glor  ??hehe awesome just one please to you rose stop making people go ty and have good day everybody

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Knights and clerics do get a bigger gain defensively from refining their shield/magic tool than other classes however.

I just wanted to correct this, Shield + Tool Defense + Magic Defense doesn't work like that. It doesn't increase your Defense, it's a number used to modify your defense when the blocks proc. -There are stats that are hardcoded on, that are character stats, and not block-proc based but, that doesn't apply to refining-

Just wanted to make sure no one got confused by that. 

#24 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

I know it doesnt, what I mean is that the benefit from blocking from trying the shield/magic tool will be much more beneficial than the minimal amount defense reduction from upgrading your armor.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Ah ok, yes, if you're not talking about blocking DoTs, then yea, sheer block over-all will give a slightly stronger defense. But in the end, everyones armor is increasing as well, not just their weapons. In the end, it'll just be back to square one once 20's are common place again. That might take longer with the lock downs, aside from the dupers, they'll have an advantage again like they did with the Runes, which I guess is just something we'll have to get used to it seems. But in regards to tanking DoT's, well DoT users are dealing damage just like everyone else, just without needing any accuracy to do it. -I'm not saying DoT's on Raiders aren't too powerful, just saying proportionally, they'll be in the same spot, still over powered, but not increasingly so-. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users