• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Dunnow

Dunnow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

If you don't like to read rants about bots anymore (which I could understand) just skip this thread.

Even "High-Level" Maps like Geffen 3 are infested with bots meanwhile, of 10 Chars on that map throughout the day, about 7 are bots. Being there at least 50% of the day. Their behaviour is suspsicious as -_-, they -_- up your mobbing because they try to kill steal (and instantly wing if they have aggro of 3 or more monsters), the Hunter there is the worst with perm winging and kill stealing EVERY Nightmare and Whisper. I've reported this 5 days ago (With names of enough bots, online times, etc) , I got a reply 3 days ago by "MJ, Player Experience Representative from WarpPortal", and basically, he's trying to make a fool out of me with statements like: 

Do not worry we will investigate on the reported character.

or

Please be aware that our GM team is continuously patrols on every map to conduct test on any suspicious characters.

Like seriously? He was basically not-as-friendly as he should be, and told me his Team is banning bots anyways. I've seriously not seen ANY bot being banned, The same names I've seen 4 weeks ago at Tharas are now in Geffen 3 or anywhere else. The GM Team is doing -_- and ruining this server more than the botters themselves. I think I'll join them, since it's not punished anyways, is it? 

I do understand that it's kind of hard to ban Low level botters, but no Botter should reach Level 80 without being banned, and reaching this level is taking enough time already for botters. Same goes for the Zeny sellers; no other server is as good in -_- this up as you are. I've never seen Zeny sellers spam it ingame... I realize it's kind of hard to prevent RMT in total, but basically allowing them to spam it ingame is ridiculous. Any person who'd be willing to actually make a change would ban _all_ the 80+ Botters and make each of the Zeny Seller sites lose thousands of $ within 3 days, but you just don#t care. This is why your server will never be gaining as much profit as it could (I mean, you prolly still make enough, but I bet my left nut you could've tripled it)

PS: Hi Luke.

#2 6852170722040342757

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Yea right

#3 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

Farming/leveling at Payon 4 atm, the same Knight-Bot tries to steal my loot since 4 days. I got tired of submitting tickets for all the bots that were bothering me down there.

#4 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

I do understand that it's kind of hard to ban Low level botters, but no Botter should reach Level 80 without being banned, and reaching this level is taking enough time already for botters.

There is a known lvl 99 bot that has been reported and is running around loose, I've seen bots being banned, but most of them are low level bots, I think they should shift priorities to banning high level bots, hell I even reported a bot PARTY and nothing happened, they are still on the same map, farming it non-stop...

I mean, the same 5-6 characters that are online 24hours straight on the same map, for multiple days in a row, without a rest are CLEARLY real players... My ticket even got closed and they still run around freely.

#5 justhamster

justhamster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

they are all in dryad area umbala_fild01

wild rose area (hunting obbs and zeny) gef_fild05

cmd_fild04 (obbs)
morroc fields

argiopes mjolnir_05
izlude/byalan dungeons
payon dugeons

There is a new strategy of botting, not really new, youre gonna see them sitting down and only attacking the monster when they get hit or when it gets too close to them.
You will see a lot more of Assasins either alone or with priest auto following them.

I think they are too kind about banning people or doing something to them.. Idk how this is happening seriously, lot of them so blatant and theyre still free out there..

Farming a lot of zeny and then selling them via rmt which makes them lose lot of WPE buyers.

Tighten up Warpportal Staff!

Edited by xhamster, 26 August 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#6 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

bbce4a5f5cbc5ddec5828965a74c7544.png

I've seen this before (with more bots) but got a pic this time. Weird bot trap? Bot congregation?

More assassins have arrived and sat in that spot.

#7 6332130511074022587

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

Don't bother and stress yourself about bots. Whatever report you do, the Warportal staff will only make a fool of you. 

Learn how to take advantage of these botters, one of them is to resell their items. Or they said, if you cant beat them, join them. 

#8 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

There are more bots than monsters down in Byalan.

#9 Flotitan

Flotitan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:27 AM

So we are probably down to max 1000 real players at the moment, if they aren't able to fix this -_- within the next two weeks I'll quit this server as well. I reported more than 20 bots on different maps to different times, some of them are multiple reported, but nothing happens. Are GMs even ingame? Ty for bringing back the worst ragnarok experience ever...

#10 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

Sadly the market is stagnating atm. If only 1-2k people play, there are only a certain amount of cards n stuff you can sell until everyone has it. I am sitting on 2 full carts and even with dumping prices it's hard to manage to sell stuff like Phen cards. Plus every time I come back I see my shop dced after ~20 minutes. Not fun at all.

PS: If you want to have the most ridiculous bot experience go to Pay Dungeon Sohee map, it's more crowded than Prontera.

Edited by LaNoirEX, 27 August 2017 - 03:37 AM.

#11 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

The game is infested by BOTS we require a solid plan to stop this infection from spreading in the game system. An early detection in the GUI is an absolute answer to the Bot Crisis.

#12 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

There's this bot in Sphinx5 who's obviously a bot. Been public chatting him multiple times that he's a bot -- no response. He keeps going after my Pasanas until the Pasanas attack me (after which they were considered "unclean"), and also auto-teleports on Anubis.

Got tired of recording RRFs and taking screenshots so I finally PM him. Took a minute or two before he suddenly responded. Looks like the owner gets notified on PMs, but not on public chat.

So yea, just something to take note of for GMs when bot-hunting.

This guy even told me "botting in pasanas? might as well bot in anolians," as if it's an impossible task to do when he was clearly doing it. :heh: Funny how these botters become very defensive. He even told me he died because I was talking to him (after he teleported, so I couldn't really confirm).

Edited by Exuro, 27 August 2017 - 04:02 AM.

#13 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

So we are probably down to max 1000 real players at the moment, if they aren't able to fix this -_- within the next two weeks I'll quit this server as well. I reported more than 20 bots on different maps to different times, some of them are multiple reported, but nothing happens. Are GMs even ingame? Ty for bringing back the worst ragnarok experience ever...

we are about 5-6k players. 3,5k in maximum about 2-2,5k in average. dont expect all people play to the same time.

#14 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

Looks like the owner gets notified on PMs, but not on public chat.

Guess that's how they play the gms "*whisper*Hey ur a bot?" "What? Oh, no, no dude, I am totally here!" "Oh okay...go on!"

#15 Flotitan

Flotitan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

we are about 5-6k players. 3,5k in maximum about 2-2,5k in average. dont expect all people play to the same time.

Sorry but that's definitely not right. After the bots were "banned" we had around 2.5k players online. At the moment there are 579 shops online while 8400 accounts are logged in. The last days we can approximate 7100 accounts logged in, so something like 1000 logins less than before, so we are maybe talking about 1000 to 1500 active players. And 12 pm pdt is 20 pm in Europe, so I don't see 10k players logged in at the same time, if we had something like 3.5k players this should happen sometimes. And the amount of bots are definitely over 6000.

#16 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

back on euRO most GMs and Bothunters where volunteers from the community. I don't get it why WP won't adapt that.

On the pro site: Tons of people would volunteer as a Bothunter.
On the con site: Tons of applications that have to be filtered for the trusty ones... But to be fair: Seems like the current Bothunters do nothing to hunt bots so let them spend there time for this?

And don't give me that "we ban 954345 accounts per day!" - you don't... I can run through Prontera and tell you which 99er was botting there way up since weeks and now maybe will never get punished for it because they reached their goal :) /no1

Edited by Hagges, 27 August 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#17 justhamster

justhamster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

I believe they are banning some, maybe a lot because Ive seen some botters who actually admitted they got banned but just not fast enough or effective enough.
But I still believe theyre working on it.

#18 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

U mean in all RO games? 6K Players no bots accounted for. ROPH players included & RO JOURNEY? How do I know if a character is a BOT or not aside from the Skill cast pattern & random character movement.

#19 Dronnie

Dronnie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

g21JD3W.png

They kill all the mini-boss and sit there 30 min later they kill all the mini-boss and sit there again.

They do this 24/7, no human can do that.

Edited by Dronnie, 27 August 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#20 abar

abar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

There will be a time you will see hundreds of lvl 99 assassin bots and priests

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

There's this bot in Sphinx5 who's obviously a bot. Been public chatting him multiple times that he's a bot -- no response. He keeps going after my Pasanas until the Pasanas attack me (after which they were considered "unclean"), and also auto-teleports on Anubis.

Got tired of recording RRFs and taking screenshots so I finally PM him. Took a minute or two before he suddenly responded. Looks like the owner gets notified on PMs, but not on public chat.

So yea, just something to take note of for GMs when bot-hunting.

This guy even told me "botting in pasanas? might as well bot in anolians," as if it's an impossible task to do when he was clearly doing it. :heh: Funny how these botters become very defensive. He even told me he died because I was talking to him (after he teleported, so I couldn't really confirm).

There's been a bot in anolians

#22 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Seriously why are GMs ignoring this

r1D136Z.png

Don't even know what the airstrike thread is for when you got this

#23 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

r5psOfm.jpg

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 August 2017 - 10:39 PM.
Edited image to remove gold spam.

#24 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

the gms are lazy and incopetent, that is why. all they want to have is your money, they do not care about the game itself and trust me, they dont give a -_- about you or me or someone else here.

#25 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Seriously why are GMs ignoring this

r1D136Z.png

Don't even know what the airstrike thread is for when you got this

For show mostly ,they use it as an excuse when you send a ticket about bots to point at it, not matter if you already posted before that on a daily basis in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users