#1 mikato120

mikato120

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

Hello i was wondering if someone could help me what gears should i buy to leveling up from wizard to warlock, and if i should sell my Witch's Pumpkin Hat im just lvl 67(lol) but i want to know what should i start buying, i was wondering of buying kp and selling it to buy Magicians Gloves, or if i Should try luck and open boxes to get FAW from mid year box, i really dont know what should i build to start, i was wondering if keeping witch pumpkin hat and buying some alarm mask for healing but i dont know alot how to level up a mage or anything about this class i just have 1.7m and i think i could spend some 10 dollars every 2 weeks on kp for buying some gear so what should i try or buy? Thanks for helping

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Headgears:

Witch Pumpkin Hat + Alarm mask is good for some cheap healing as Wiz and low level Warlock - also for other classes if you should descide to make one.

Just replace it later with anything that gives MAtk or boosts your spells, like: Ordinary Black Magician's Hat, Scull Cap, Celine's Ribbon, etc.

More MAtk is of no use it it just leaves you dead on the floor though. And as Wizard/High Wizard your highest priority in a TI party is to keep you other party members alive by casting Storm Gust. :)

Uninterruptible cast:

Your highest priority should be something that prevents your cast from being interrupted: Phen Card, Orlean's Gown (for High Wiz and Warlock only), Love Piece or Spellflow Set (+4 or better).

Pick whichever fits your budget best and keep in mind that you will want to use a Flattery Robe as armor as soon as you can afford one (either farm one yourself or buy from others).

A +12 Mad Bunny Special works too but definetly would kill your budget, even if you do spend 10$ every 2 weeks - this would be more of something to work towards to.

Accessory:

Magician's Glove is a must-have accessory, because it boosts elemental magic and gives 50% MDef bypass. Just do yourself a favor and do not card it with Phen.

Another good accessory for 125+ only though is the Alchemy Glove. Dirt Cheap and boosts Fire magic by 10% which is really amazing if you need some extra power.

Garment:

For Garments you can either try and gamble for a FAW, or you can buy a Giant Faceworm Skin with Int or Dex enchants from someone. The Skins also drop pre-refined, so getting a highly upgraded one is rather easy.

Preferred Warlock card for garment as far as leveling goes is Nightmare Ancient Mummy. It boosts Fire magic by 3% for every upgrade on your garment. You'll want to have a NAM garment latest when you go to Nightmare Clocktower at 150+. Before that it's really nice to have but definetly not really needed.

Weapon/Shoes:

A very good starter Weapon/Shoes combo for Warlock is La'Cryma Stick + Pororoca Shoes. If you have Frost Nova 10 it gives you 50% MDef bypass - this makes 100% if combined with a Magician's Glove.

You do not have to overupgrade the La'Cryma Stick a lot, a +7 one already works wonders thanks to the 50% MDef bypass if paired with Pororoca Shoes.

This gear set is also the reason you will want to get Waterball 5 on your Warlock: The Pororoca Shoes enable you to cast Deluge, making it possible to use Waterball anywhere, while the combo provides a hige boost to Waterball's damage.

Highly upgraded Crimson Rods would be another good weapon choice. You can just farm them yourself and then try to upgrade them on your own whenever the next refine event is in. Or you can make a Job 70 Mastersmith and try to upgrade with the Upgrade Weapon skill.

Once you have 120 base Dex you will want Temporal Dex Shoes with Nightmare Verit Card, to help your casttime when soloing. Temporal Shoes with Runaway Magic enchtant work too, but Runaway Magic needs to be procced, while the Nightmare Verit Card provides a permanent boost.

Shield:

Platinum Shield is a great low-cost starter shield. Downside is that you need to be 68+ rebirth to wear it. Upside that it provides almost the same reduction as a Hodremlin Card at a much cheaper price.

You can go though Wizard times without a shield if you are careful though. The mobs you level at until 99 usually do not hit that hard.

Armor:
For (High Wizard) anything that gives HP is really useful, like the Enchanted Cotton Shirt from Criatura Academy Quests with Pupa/Remover Card or even the Eden Armors.

As Warlock you will want to get your hands on a Flattery Robe as soon as you can. Either farm it yourself (slow because the Tokens you need to buy/enchant it are character bound and a lot of quests only unlock at 140) or buy one as soon as you can. It not only gives a lot of MAtk, it also allows you to use Endure lvl 1 which is very amazing when you either pull mobs or want to run away from them.

Cheaper choices that work well before getting a Flattery Robe would be: the aforementioned HP armors, armors with Agav Card, Elemental armors (a Water armor is very useful for the Warlock jobquest) or any armor with with a Pest card.

Just pick whatever fits your budget here.

About eden gears:

And last but not least you can just stick to eden gears for whatever you do not have something better already.

Especially the Eden Manteau is really nice and helps a lot as (High) Wizard if you do not have better garments already.

tl;dr (kinda):

You can check the Warlock wiki page for other gear suggestions.

Keep your Witch Pumpkin Hat and buy/farm an Alarm Mask for cheap healing during your early levels.

The most important/all-over useful new gears you want would be:

- something to get uninterruptible cast

- La'Cryma Stick + Pororoca Shoes combo

- Magician's Glove

#3 mikato120

mikato120

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Thaaaaaaank you so much! i Think ill start with pororoca Shoes and Magicians glove and buy a bloody butterfly card while im leveling to 99 wizard, since i cant play alot i think it will pas a little bit of time before reborn so i can get my self a spell flow set, thanks alot! 

edit: Ups just noticed u need lvl 100 to wear pororca xD guess spellflow will come first along with magicians glove

Edited by mikato120, 02 September 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#4 Ctesias

Ctesias

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thanks kubikyuu for the extensive answer. Helps more than the OP here!

I'm new to warlocks too and have a question about cards. Basically clueless on mage-related cards atm. The gear you suggest does sound nice, but what cards would one put into the La'cryma staff and the Magician's glove? This would be for general leveling from 100 to about 150, as I realize one should get more specialized gear for, say, NCT later on. If the card doesn't absolutetely destroy the re-sell value of the staff and glove that would be great too!

Another question: when it comes to Love piece and spellflow set, do you notice the increase in SP costs as a warlock? I plan on making a soul linker for my warlock for solo leveling, but I would also level at gramps in parties. Basically, do you need to use sp recovery items when you have the increase in sp costs or is it manageable without?

Felt there was no need to make a new thread just for these two questions...

#5 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

I'm new to warlocks too and have a question about cards. Basically clueless on mage-related cards atm. The gear you suggest does sound nice, but what cards would one put into the La'cryma staff and the Magician's glove? This would be for general leveling from 100 to about 150, as I realize one should get more specialized gear for, say, NCT later on. If the card doesn't absolutetely destroy the re-sell value of the staff and glove that would be great too!

You can leave the La'Cryma Stick clean.

Before Magician's Glove it was a good idea to put in Big Ben and/or Nightmare Mimic to get 100% MDef bypass on Formless, Demon, Undead and Brute monsters.

But that definetly isn't needed anymore.

For the Magician's Glove the only good card atm would be Elvira (+20% damage with Ghost/Wind magic).

Cards to look out for in future updates are Headless Mule (+20% damage with Water/Holy magic) and Mavka (+20% damage with Fire/Earth magic). Noone knows when we will finally get those two though.

Another question: when it comes to Love piece and spellflow set, do you notice the increase in SP costs as a warlock? I plan on making a soul linker for my warlock for solo leveling, but I would also level at gramps in parties. Basically, do you need to use sp recovery items when you have the increase in sp costs or is it manageable without?

Not really, Soul Drain makes sure your SP stay full enough to use either Spellflow Set or Love Piece.

Just make sure you actually land some killing blows with Crimson Rock, Chain Lightning or Soul Expansion.

You can even keep up Energy Coat or Kaahi and still stay at half full to sull SP - unless ofc you go and try tanking everything.

The only thing you should never do though is have Kaahi and Energy Coat up at the same time while tanking mobs. That's just begging to have no SP left.

#6 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

You can leave the La'Cryma Stick clean.

Before Magician's Glove it was a good idea to put in Big Ben and/or Nightmare Mimic to get 100% MDef bypass on Formless, Demon, Undead and Brute monsters.

But that definetly isn't needed anymore.

For the Magician's Glove the only good card atm would be Elvira (+20% damage with Ghost/Wind magic).

Cards to look out for in future updates are Headless Mule (+20% damage with Water/Holy magic) and Mavka (+20% damage with Fire/Earth magic). Noone knows when we will finally get those two though.

Not really, Soul Drain makes sure your SP stay full enough to use either Spellflow Set or Love Piece.

Just make sure you actually land some killing blows with Crimson Rock, Chain Lightning or Soul Expansion.

You can even keep up Energy Coat or Kaahi and still stay at half full to sull SP - unless ofc you go and try tanking everything.

The only thing you should never do though is have Kaahi and Energy Coat up at the same time while tanking mobs. That's just begging to have no SP left.

plus all the things kubikyuu said, you can read this thread to have an idea about stats. Also, I tested a warlock without soul drain. that skill its a must have for SP leeching.

"As side note, one of those WLs that its being tested yet to see viability, I reallocated some skill points and leave the high wizard tree without Soul Drain and comet oriented build. As result, it consumes way lots of SP and have troubles with SP regen."

dont have Soul Drain its a big mistake, or if you're rich and can burn sp potions, its ok. if dont, thinking on having it once you reborn. maxed or not its up to you, I use it at lv5

Edited by S207, 16 November 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#7 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

p"As side note, one of those WLs that its being tested yet to see viability, I reallocated some skill points and leave the high wizard tree without Soul Drain and comet oriented build. As result, it consumes way lots of SP and have troubles with SP regen."

Just curious, how does this build work out for you so far? Do you find Comet actually useful from your experience? I am almost ready to reset skill points to get rid of Comet, but I may still have a change of idea if there is evidence that someone is killing it with Comet.

#8 Ctesias

Ctesias

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Thanks guys, very helpful!

#9 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:03 PM

Just curious, how does this build work out for you so far? Do you find Comet actually useful from your experience? I am almost ready to reset skill points to get rid of Comet, but I may still have a change of idea if there is evidence that someone is killing it with Comet.

Due to much consume of SP, I have one at Lv100 and other at Lv108. Both with comet. Its hard to carry 100 red gemstones (or rodexed in sets of 70 ~ 80) and Blue Potions/Royal Jellies or any other SP healing Item (Rodexed in rows of 60).

Due to limit weight for Warlocks (near 4k can be carry, at Lv175 i can carry 6k with gym pass and 35 str), full comet works so far Low TI / Mid TI. Consider the damage neutral and the burn chance and the damage its not the same in the center of the comet as the far side. Also, in release mode it consumes 800 SP. 

Its good if you're planning to play mixed with Crimson Rock, Earth Strain, Jack Frost, Frost Misty, Chain Lightning. Comet lives as a secondary skill.

As primary skill, deals good dmg depending on your gears, but its too expensive to level up. There are no cards (or didnt do my homework here) that amplifies the neutral magic damage, just the entire dmg like nightmare verit and cards like that. It makes the comet build rely on your gears mostly, and the rounds of 15 mins consumes as many as rodexed items i mention before (maybe more SP items)

Its good, its cool, its awesome, but its expensive.

On high TI / Instances didnt try yet, but its a mostly not so often skill, large delay, if using in reading spell book its expensive in SP, if you dont kill in the first shot, need good gmd on jack frost / crimson rock / earth strain.

Still an awesome skill.

note: you have to sacrifice good skills to have it. I prefer play with tetra vortex and the normal 4-element warlock skills and Soul Expansion than comet instead.

Edited by S207, 16 November 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#10 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Don't even bother with Comet.

That skill is only k for low/mid TI when your whole party has extremely poor gears but enough zeny to blow on Red Gems and Sp Stuff.

Instead of SP stuff a Sorc works too for parties like that.

It's not even good as a secondary skill since it just eats way too many SP and your whole party has cleared whatever is available faster than you can re-read the spellbook unless they really suck.

Oh and once you hit high TI range the overall damage of Comet will be poor compared to the rest of your spells even with good~great gears.

It might or might not be worth it if you always have a second WL next to you, but Comet would be a very bad reason to always have another WL next to you.

Tl;Dr:

Comet is a waste of skillpoints.

The only uses it might have very specific and you're better off not getting it.

Edited by kubikyuu, 16 November 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#11 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

Oh and once you hit high TI range the overall damage of Comet will be poor compared to the rest of your spells even with good~great gears.

SPECIALLY with good/great gears, because these specialize in a single element, and "Neutral" is not included.

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:09 AM

I see, this clears up the very last doubt of me resetting my skill points, thx guys. Tetra Vortex seems nice but then you can only get at best Drain Life lv.2, what a dilemma.

#13 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

I'm leveling my 4th warlock to get Tetra Vortex. It's good for MVP soloing. Much easier to kill Ifrit with Water Tetra than Waterball or Chain Lightning.

#14 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

Off-topic, I enchanted my bio5 hat and it seems CR has indeed 2 sec FCT. I don't main wl so never noticed that before, but I thought it should be 1 sec. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what Am I missing here

Edited by Richkr, 17 November 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#15 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

I heard that it had been reduced to 1 sec, and Kubi was able to instant-cast CR with Magic Essence lv.5 and Temporal Dex Boots. If the cast time is 2 secs for you, then perhaps the issue is with VCT instead of FCT.

#16 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

You are right, I completely forgot that I still need to deal with variable time :( So I'm able to instant cast, but at cost of Bless, Vip and +20 food lol Shouldn't have underestimated, it's harder than I thought :U

#17 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

Comet is bad, is just flashy and i like how cool it looks before you actually see the dmg, i manage to go near 100k dmg but then thats only on the center of the aoe wich is Crap. So too much SP and gems cost, is not worth it. Also don't go with 130 int, the benefit is marginal at the cost of being less versatile.

And agi is a must, 90% of the time dps>burst.

#18 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

I'm leveling my 4th warlock to get Tetra Vortex. It's good for MVP soloing. Much easier to kill Ifrit with Water Tetra than Waterball or Chain Lightning.

I'm planning to stuck tetra on one of my wls when i finished leveling the 2 i have on nct, i was seriously thinking of have one with comet but i'm not sure anymore, i could always sacrifice earth strain tho un just one

#19 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

i have a question. With the gear we have right now do you ven need +15 crimson rod for leveling 100-175? or is +10-15 lacryma stick anouth?

#20 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

+10 or higher La Cryma   +7 Pororoca shoes   not only for boost Waterball damage / MDEF bypass 

but also huge boost on  Jackfrost and Storm Gust too (Release Lv. 10 on mobs) 

+9 Celine's Ribbon and Celine Brooch   for "permanent Scrament"

With this combo  I found that  my Jack Frost is really strong to one shot everything in Low TI  (if they're not a water element mobs) 

or even Juno field , Nogg Road (except Nightmare Terror < possible at higher Lv.)   , Mid TI  depend on mobs   

if they're frozen   I finished them with Soul Expansion (have 2x Elvira)  and get SP back

now I'm solo grinding Low TI   ,   spamming Jack Frost and kill everything entire screen

but I still pick +15 Crimson Rod , Temporal Dex / Int  and other gears  if I plan to leveling with Crimson Rock or other skill 
not focus on Jack Frost

#21 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:19 AM

yea  i kinda have this feeling that poroca shoes combo gonna be not anouth for hight ti , scarabas and everything else over lvl 130

#22 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

With pororocca, strings and sacrament jackfrost is Godoy, combo with frost Misty and you can actually one shot on high ti some monsters

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

Temp dex+Sacra+Strings Jack Frost is just godlike :v

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

La'cryma should be enough for leveling, specially if you have ridiculous gear like Mob Scarf and Flattery Robe. If you can one-shot scarabas, you're good to go. :P Back in my day we had to decide if it was worth two-shotting scarabas with some survivability, or if it was worth one-shotting them with no resistance card and risk being beaten to a pulp. XD

#25 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

La'cryma should be enough for leveling, specially if you have ridiculous gear like Mob Scarf and Flattery Robe. If you can one-shot scarabas, you're good to go. :P Back in my day we had to decide if it was worth two-shotting scarabas with some survivability, or if it was worth one-shotting them with no resistance card and risk being beaten to a pulp. XD

Kaahi loves you. Do you love Kaahi? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users