September 13th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 13th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

227 replies to this topic

#26 b2zz

b2zz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Come on... Sage and Monk ASAP PLEASE!!

WoE right now is kinda boring messy...

#27 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Yet another custom change. So much for following the other restart servers.

See below.

Edited by EwoI, 12 September 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#28 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

GD PvP was disabled in renewal. This is renewal (for the most part)

Other restart servers roPH and roTH have PvP disabled in GD.

There is not many good leveling areas as it is. Now you've just removed another as only one guild will be down there ensuring no one can level.

-

Whither you agree with it or not is irrelevant. It was stated we would be following the other restart servers. Yet every time p2w shouts about a change you don't seem to mind bending your promise.

I'm wrong it's enabled on other restart servers.

Edited by EwoI, 12 September 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#29 killofdeath

killofdeath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

How many Times u can use buff?

#30 killofdeath

killofdeath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

U can spam buff to get ,+1000 all stats?

#31 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

We now officially have a dedicated bot-hunting team of GMs working around the clock, banning bots and taking names. Currently, we are aware that any log-in issue gives the same error response in the client no matter what the issue is, and the Production Team is looking into it. If you get this error, write in a ticket to the GM Team. Yes... yes it takes them a little while nowadays, banning all these bots is giving them a great influx of tickets, but with this development we must ask for your patience. 

On that note - if you submit a ticket, please only submit one! Spamming the ticket system does not bump your issue like a forum post - if anything, it floods their queue further and makes it harder for them to get through all the issues they have to deal with.

On the matter of reimbursement, I believe it will only be considered if an account was wrongfully suspended. If an account was suspended and found to be guilty of botting or RMTing, it will not be reimbursed of its time or money if it is released.

I finally can be positive and say THANK YOU, no just because talk but play the game and see the words writte here are true, i just waiting any GM visit Geffen dungeon, lv 2 is a decent amount of bots, lv 3 only 2 or 3.

Its a stat food buff, it doesn't stack with existing stat foods.

Is there a chance to the VIP buffs can remains for the full 1 hour even if you die? will be nice for WoE players and MvP killers

How many Times u can use buff?

I think as many times as you can pay for them

U can spam buff to get ,+1000 all stats?

Nope lol.

#32 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

still no sage? come on... it's 6 weeks overdue

#33 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Removing as it's a bit insensitive. 

Edited by EwoI, 12 September 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#34 xepherian

xepherian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

pls gib stat reset for us bad and boujee builders. thx overlords

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

I will get clarification about how all the guild dungeons are supposed to be configured. Were hearing it many different ways due to the different guild dungeons and server types out there. They are going to get me the EXACT settings file tonight.

#36 phamtrong

phamtrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

VIP users will be able to obtain the buffs for free once every 8 hours

How about "three times a day" instead of?

Edited by phamtrong, 12 September 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#37 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Or a flat reduction on the cost, perhaps? 25 for non-vip. 15 for vip.

#38 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

I will get clarification about how all the guild dungeons are supposed to be configured. Were hearing it many different ways due to the different guild dungeons and server types out there. They are going to get me the EXACT settings file tonight.

According to what the studio shared there is supposed to be PK on the Guild Dungeon Maps

Other settings of note are

-No monster summon items can be used

-No Ice Wall

#39 ShoeBoxMoney

ShoeBoxMoney

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

How about "three times a day" instead of?

This is way better idea than current one.

Q: Are we gonna lose our Miracle Elixir buff when we die?

Edited by ShoeBoxMoney, 12 September 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#40 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Is the food buff for VIP available per account only or per character? 

#41 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/SairekCeareste
  • LocationCanad(i)a

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

So to be even competitive in WoE, you're gonna have to throw Silvervines or at least have VIP to compensate some of the cost so you can get those +10 to all stats?

I mean, I was probably never going to WoE, but if that's true then I know for sure I'm just not even going to bother. My family struggles enough putting real food on the table, let alone having the money for virtual food I'll have to stuff my virtual self with every time I wanted to compete with someone else in something. And having to make it a part time job to farm for the Zeny just to buy that over-inflated Silvervine boxes every time doesn't exactly appeal either. It's just too much of a drain every week or too much of a commitment if you're a free player.

#42 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

With each '' Maintenance '' WP dip their hands into our pockets more and more.

#43 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/SairekCeareste
  • LocationCanad(i)a

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Forgive me, but I just feel the need to rant here for a minute or ten.

Don't get me wrong, I know why it's here. Such a thing is literally only made to make the company money and I'm okay with that. If you want a quick TLDR, This will be it: I understand why it's here. I absolutely hate it, but I understand why it's here. And this item alone may possibly kill most of the dwindling playerbase there already is. It's suicide, but that's their choice. I hope it doesn't do that even though I'm probably going to leave this server now because I do not like at all the direction it's going.

Now for the rant part:

The implementation of this is poor. The timing of it is even worse, and for many reasons. This silvervine option is silly -- there's literally no free options for free players, and I'm not saying that just because I am one. Check out the Ragial market. Silvervines are hella expensive -- and they were less than 100K a month ago. The prices are still rising and now you add a very valuable consumable competitive item to the game -- a NECESSARY item, so they're only going to shoot up in price even more. +10 to all stats especially pre-trans is incredibly powerful when combined with the right gear and builds. And even more, it's consumable.

Well -- free players who played legitimately anyways and didn't bot won't have an option anyways. I have someone on a discord server I know who admitted that he was botting. When I asked why he would admit to do that, his answer was something akin to: "Because that's just how <expletive> this server is, and the sad part is I'm going to benefit and get away with it. My Assassin bot is level 92 now and I've made millions and millions of Zeny from him".

So, basically I cannot compete competitively because I didn't send a bot to Zeny farm to keep up with the rapidly increasing Zeny prices, and I didn't feel like competing with bots farming on fields infested with 50+ of them -- or paid money to buy premium items to sell for a quick buck to play the market game. That, and I just physically do not have the money. As I said, my family struggles enough to put real food on the table and there's no way I'm going to have my virtual character eating more properly than my actual self.

Sure, bots are finally getting banned now with a 24/7 hour team, but it's too little too late. I have to concede that person on the discord server (for the record, he is not a friend or even an acquaintance) has made a point. He botted, wasn't even conspicuous about it and got all the benefits from doing so scott-free. He cheated and is in a position to play competitively without having to make a part-time job of it while I either do, or simply just play the game casually. How is that fair? (That's a rhetorical question -- it clearly isn't). The team can stop the bots farming now, but they can't stop the damage from the people who have already stopped their bots and have cashed in.

And to be honest at this point, I don't care about the game let alone the server enough to make it a part time job. When the state of the game reaches the point that in order to be competitive, I have to make it a part time job and it isn't fun? Then sorry, I'm out.

I respect myself too much as a human being and respect my time too much to just do that. I'm not going to toss money every week or every month (money I don't have anyways and even if I did I still wouldn't) just to accomplish that in order to obtain a single buff item that's going to more than likely kill the game's class balance anyways in the near future -- I've seen it on every other server, so I don't see why it wouldn't be different for this one.

In the end, I'm just going to be someone that just exists in the game, unable to make an impact in any possible way. I'm not going be someone a guild would ever want, so I'm pretty much gonna be solo.

The zeny is so inflated I can't even participate in the market without playing constantly because rare drops are worth nothing but everything costs so much -- so I can't participate in the market. There's just no options left as a free player. With such a pay to win item coming out, we just... don't belong in this server. We can't make an impact.

No ways to participate in a game realistically means I can't play. I being unable to play means I spend my time somewhere else, and I'm sure a lot of other players are ultimately in this same boat. A boat that some of my friends are also on, and we just see this ship that's in a direct course for an iceberg. We're just thinking of abandoning ship before it crashes into said iceberg and ultimately sinks anyways.

We were hopeful that everything would eventually clear out once the bots got sorted and maybe the economy would eventually even itself out over time, but apparently we were mistaken. They don't want to have to spend either real cash or silvervines every WoE just to have the same competitive advantage as everyone else who will also be doing the same thing. Then there's the ones who are in the same position like me. We can't compete against other players and we can't compete against the market. All that, and it's still too frustrating to farm anyways against a bunch of bots. Not only is it frustrating, it's incredibly demoralizing knowing you're working your ass off manually, while someone just has 10+ bots going, being multiple times more efficient than you are whilst they're probably just watching TV or asleep, and killstealing your mobs and robbing you of your loot from any mobs you do manage to somehow scrape up.

I'm sorry, it's just -- no. It's insulting that I played fairly and all the cheaters are just going to benefit so much from this while I'm punished for it. The economy is too much of a mess for this food item right now. It's too early in the server's life span for it. And ultimately, it just seems like such a desperate "give us money" move that it makes me too uncomfortable to even want to play on this server anymore let alone all of the other reasons I listed above. I tried sticking with Trove despite the BS Trion pulled and... well, that was painful. My experience from this kind of tactic from all the other MMOs just says that history is repeating itself, and it's time for sure to move on and go elsewhere. Unfortunately, that's probably what I'm going to be doing after hearing this announcement unless there's something we're seriously misunderstanding (which I admit may be the case and even hope is true).

Edited by Sairek, 13 September 2017 - 01:05 AM.

#44 purplepopcorn

purplepopcorn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

A list of things most people would like to see

• increase exp of Majorous, Stings, and Mi Gaos
  • increase spawn rate of Majorous in gl_dun02
  • more spawns/leveling places in general
  • a zeny sink (maybe like the raffle that was done years ago or something else that's not game breaking)
  • changes to loot priority
  • The Sign quest npcs

#45 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

So to be even competitive in WoE, you're gonna have to throw Silvervines or at least have VIP to compensate some of the cost so you can get those +10 to all stats?

I mean, I was probably never going to WoE, but if that's true then I know for sure I'm just not even going to bother. My family struggles enough putting real food on the table, let alone having the money for virtual food I'll have to stuff my virtual self with every time I wanted to compete with someone else in something. And having to make it a part time job to farm for the Zeny just to buy that over-inflated Silvervine boxes every time doesn't exactly appeal either. It's just too much of a drain every week or too much of a commitment if you're a free player.

You needed silvervine to be competitive in WOE long before the elixir buff announcement. Your rant is 4 weeks late.

*cough* WoE Potions *cough*

#46 Tickleshot

Tickleshot

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

Don't get me wrong, I know why it's here. Such a thing is literally only made to make the company money and I'm okay with that. If you want a quick TLDR, This will be it: I understand why it's here. I absolutely hate it, but I understand why it's here. And this item alone may possibly kill most of the dwindling playerbase there already is. It's suicide, but that's their choice. I hope it doesn't do that even though I'm probably going to leave this server now because I do not like at all the direction it's going.

[....]

While I agree that I do not understand why they would implement it, it does not really matter. It's a highly demanded zenny sink after all. Which in turn is exactly what you were asking for.

Your interpretation of what is happening on this server, silvervine and inflation have several misconceptions:

- Silvervine is not a cash shop exclusive item. "Free" players can obtain it. It's the most demanded item on the market and always available. Rising prices are only partially caused by inflation. Majority is by pure demand.

- 25 Silvervine equal around 75-80k/h investment, for a whole WoE this is around 160k. I don't get your point.

- You don't like grinding since it's a low return of invest. I agree on that. I don't enjoy playing BB knight, which is by far the best class in the game for everything. I stopped grinding after i made an initial budget of 5m. Never grinded since but increased my wealth by approx 40 times. Total invest in cash shop is 2 times VIP. Work smart, not hard. I don't think im even using any VIP advantages since im 99 for a while already.

- With Bots gone/reduced, we will also see a shift from illegal RMT towards legal RMT (aka Silvervine/KP trading). Which will increase supply somewhat.

I read through your whole post carefully, but my TL;DR of your post is different. You blame your lack of success on the server/situation. I blame your lack of success on your inability to adapt to a given situation. Brute forcing your way without thinking on how to adapt.

To be honest, reducing the amount of bots actually reduces the amount of profit I i can generate on the market, but there will be other ways.

I agree on the point you are in a disadvantage versus someone who bots on 10 accounts. That's kinda obvious and there are 50+ page long threads in this forum covering this topic.

Still, the person is botting for the prupose of RMTing what he earns not to add funds to his primary account. If he/she even has one.

Try to be more objective about what's happening.

#47 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:31 AM

I get that people are upset about silvervine being such a big component of the game. The jacked up prices are my main issue with it, but that's due to players/bots--not WP/gravity. I have no issues going and grinding for a few hours to get zenny to get silvervine to use for something. Other folks having the ability to buy the silvervine boxes does not have anything to do with my gameplay. However, jacking up the prices is frustrating.

The only quests I remember there being in game for silvervine involve hunting minibosses which are pretty much camped. It would be nice to see another way of getting a small amount of them (maybe a daily/weekly hunt x monsters quest or something).

Edited by RoaringRabbit, 13 September 2017 - 03:31 AM.

#48 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

zAbSc3G_1.png

>not a cash grab

>yet adds p2w items

whats next rental gears?

if i remember right some one said this is not a cash grab server  :hmm:

#49 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

why GM ignore every post about The Sign Quest missing NPC ?

#50 Christurk

Christurk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

Will the food last through death or no?

Will it still be on if you logoff and come back 2 hours later?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users