Constructive Feedback on W.O.E Discussion Threads/V-Mod System - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Constructive Feedback on W.O.E Discussion Threads/V-Mod System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

Honestly, the fact that most of us are adults, but many can't seem to behave like it... is pretty sad.

It has nothing to do with people "getting offended", why do you feel the need to trash talk in the first place?

@RealGarion: A+ video, will have to bookmark that for future use :D

#27 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

Honestly, the fact that most of us are adults, but many can't seem to behave like it... is pretty sad.

It has nothing to do with people "getting offended", why do you feel the need to trash talk in the first place?

@RealGarion: A+ video, will have to bookmark that for future use :D

Thank you ^^ ,the guys of extra credits have tons and tons ,hours and hours of content for the gaming industry, James (the long hair guy) and Dave (the talking one)  are really respected figures among the gaming industry (from indy developers to big house names and publishers ,they are really respected and consulted), if you are interessted you really check out thier other vids, the tackle a lot of topics.

#28 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

A looooot of snowflakes now a days taking this game way to seriously like those dudes who play COD pro and flip out when they get killed one time, Ya'll remind me of my sis crying to me ( No lie she was at the point of god damn tears ) over people mesging her on Xbox because she be pwning noobs out here, '' Why people got to be racist why people got be sexist '' she proclaimed to me, I told her have a coke a smile and shut the -_- up its a god damn game these kids drink nothing but coca-cola which has insane amounts of caffeine in which angers up the blood ( No lie look it up ) haha and the fact that they put stupid money down for the whole '' P2W '' scenario and here you come -_-ting over their ideals but i digress haha.

Edited by KowalskiZapata, 26 October 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#29 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:19 AM

So instead of defending ,your blood or helping her to cope with the issue you bash her did i got this right or am i misinterpreting Something here? If that indeed is the case i hope you never have to rely in her help in any way she most certainly wont rely on yours...

#30 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:23 AM

I'll simply say this. The WoE threads are never bad till certain people makes them extremely personal. They've been fine till that happens.

Edit: Also I doubt I'll use the wiki forums. I feel like it will be more biased there then it's been here.

Edited by bigcfromrbc, 26 October 2017 - 03:25 AM.

#31 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

why would iro wiki be more biased?

#32 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:58 AM

If you trust the wiki mods, you can post on their forums. Be sure to mask your ip. This would help with unwanted DDOS.

I would advise this to for any guild forums you may be visiting.

Edited by mattxor, 26 October 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#33 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Majority of irowiki is in the same guild so they will naturally be biased towards it.   

#34 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:10 AM

Majority of irowiki is in the same guild so they will naturally be biased towards it.   

They have been neutral since the forums started, anyone being banned was for blatant forum rule breaking not bias.

#35 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

They have been neutral since the forums started, anyone being banned was for blatant forum rule breaking not bias.

Maybe there is hope then.   

#36 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:38 AM

no1 goes to that -_-ty forums tho

#37 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

If you are genuinely concerned about bias I don't think you realize I consider xellie a friend despite my characters being in p2w. People can be in "enemy guilds" and still be mature enough to respect each other or actually be friendly.

I may not always agree with every little thing she says or does, but that's part of a normal friendship, isn't it? I'm sure most people have friends who they disagree with from time to time.

#38 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

There is no way for the current V-Mods (who are players pulled from the IRO community) to be unbiased in considering what posts are acceptable, and which ones aren't.

It's not about just banning certain individuals that cause problems in a WOE discussion thread, the problem is having those same discussion threads moderated by players who come from that same community.

Subject A is a player in the community, who has been selected to be a Moderator over a W.O.E Discussion Thread.

Subject A has a great relationship with the Blue Guild, while the same Blue guild has Hostility towards the Red Guild.

A Woe discussion thread starts,  People from both the Red & Blue Guilds start a conversation inside of said thread. After a couple of Pages, one of the Members, of the Blue Guild begin to derail the topic that conflicts with the rules & guidelines of the forum. A Member of the Red guild gets frustrated by the direction the topic has turned due to the member of the Blue Guild, and starts to derail the topic discussion even further.

The player from the Blue Guild violated rules & guidelines of the forum, and needs to receive a punishment.

The player from the Red Guild violated rules & guidelines of the forum, and needs to receive a punishment.

Subject A (Who favors the Blue Guild) receives a message from the member of the Blue Guild stating, that a certain player from the Red Guild has violated forums rules, needs to have their post removed, changed, and or also punished to prevent future posting from that person in that discussion thread.

Subject A investigates the situation, and sees that from the posts that were made, both members of the opposing guilds have violated forum guidelines, and rules.

Subject A goes back to the person from the Blue guild, and explains that they would have to punish not only the Person from the Red Guild, but also the member of the Blue Guild, due to both people violating the forum rules that were established.

The player from the Blue Guild, goes into a long explanation of personal affairs that The Red Guild member has done to the Blue member  (Which shares no relation to the situation that happened in the discussion thread). At this point when the Subject A begins to hand out a punishment related to the forum posting violation that occurred this is what happens:

Player from the Blue Guild simply gets a warning, and their post removed. 

While the Player from the Red Guild get suspended from posting from the forums for 3 days.

In this situation the Subject A, regardless of outside information, should of awarded the same punishment to both players. But due to the relationship that Subject A already had established with the Blue guild, that never occurred, because Subject A  let their personal fillings factor into a situation were it wasn't needed.

This is why we should simply, have the forums Un-Moderated, OR not have them at all.

Edited by Nugeki, 26 October 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#39 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

If you are genuinely concerned about bias I don't think you realize I consider xellie a friend despite my characters being in p2w. People can be in "enemy guilds" and still be mature enough to respect each other or actually be friendly.

I may not always agree with every little thing she says or does, but that's part of a normal friendship, isn't it? I'm sure most people have friends who they disagree with from time to time.

I fully agree with you there.   Just seen so many people take it past friendly banter and such.   I've not had many issues with p2w people myself.   

#40 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

I personally think people have been given the chance to prove if they can handle themselves or not in the woe threads. Some people are responsible and can do it, others are childish brats. The people who have been repeatedly offensive should just be shut down right away if they start crap up and be suspended, up to the mods for the duration of the offenses obviously. If SELECT PEOPLE can't behave there's no reason for these people to ruin it for others who are behaving properly.

This is what should happen to keep the toxic people out of the community.   

#41 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

Of course, I would take it farther than friendly banter. The purpose of the Woe thread is to discuss Woe.

I don't know where you have all been but Woe has never been a respectful or friendly place.

It is full of cheaters and exploiters to the point that it ruins Woe.

You all think the Woe thread is bad now? Just wait till the battles start to even out and the cheats have to be activated.

This is where the respect and friendliness is lost for the "enemy guilds"  and it all so includes anyone that supports them.

#42 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

~Snipped~

This is why we should simply, have the forums Un-Moderated, OR not have them at all.

I'm pretty sure there's a modding rule about not handling things about your own guild? I mean, that would make sense. Also Astra is in control of the vMods so she has final say on anything. Remember these guys are on a trial basis to see how things go. If there's any blatant repeated biased they probably won't make it and be removed after the trial period.

That said, if you have issues particular mods/modding behaviours, you should probably PM her directly and talk about it. We don't need people ragging about the mods openly and starting a finger pointing war.

#43 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm pretty sure there's a modding rule about not handling things about your own guild? I mean, that would make sense. Also Astra is in control of the vMods so she has final say on anything. Remember these guys are on a trial basis to see how things go. If there's any blatant repeated biased they probably won't make it and be removed after the trial period.

That said, if you have issues particular mods/modding behaviours, you should probably PM her directly and talk about it. We don't need people ragging about the mods openly and starting a finger pointing war.

Just so we are clear: I have No issues with any mods what so ever. But I do know that it is very difficult for players selected from the IRO community, to Moderate fairly over a WOE discussion thread.

But to your reply I want to avoid all of these potential problems, frustrations, and man hours wasted on a Topic Discussion Thread Being moderated by doing the following:

How about we take the discussion of W.O.E topics to a place where it has always been?

http://forums.irowiki.org/index.php

There is no need to bring WOE discussion to the official forums that represent Warp Portal. 

Let the New V-Mod Moderators focus on player issues, and providing responses to questions that should take priority over, a Discussion Thread that will never be able to be civil. 

#44 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

Also: y'all could try just being decent to each other in the first place?

I know, what an outrageous idea.

Apparently it's just too much history and too many little teenagers stuck inside grown up bodies, Steph. You'd be surprised how hard it can sometimes be for certain players to just be humane to their "competitors" from behind anonymity in a virtual atmosphere. Online communities are often where people subconsciously project their insecurities at others, because it's anonymous and easy to dehumanize other people virtually, and gaming gets the most competitive bunch of that lot. Half of these guys would come across as harmless little souls in person who would light up and feel better about themselves and the game, if you just got them some coffee or shared a couple beers and asked them to chill out.

Honestly, we could all learn a thing or two about being a better community in general from guilds like Pink Martini or SideQuest. All this toxicity is obsolete, they are evidence of that.

Edited by MyVictories, 26 October 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#45 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

RO is a massive source of drama. Denying such source is like denying someone's birthright. So cruel, so inconceivable~ :(

#46 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

The rule in woe threads on official forums should just be everything has to be related to the game. Example: people can call each other bad, their guilds terrible, or their builds retarded. It's an RO forum so just keep it related to RO.

Nugeki, your post is too long for 99% of people to bother reading!

Edited by senpa1, 26 October 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#47 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

The rule in woe threads on official forums should just be everything has to be related to the game. Example: people can call each other bad, their guilds terrible, or their builds retarded. It's an RO forum so just keep it related to RO.

Nugeki, your post is too long for 99% of people to bother reading!

Took me an hour to read.  Had to take breaks it was so long  :heh: 

#48 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

In my opinion they should use vmods from other games for restart and vice versa. 

There is a pretty strong bias from the new vmods. Before the new mods people more or less expected to be dealt with fairly by Cinnamon. 

It makes no sense to recruit moderators who are part of WoE guilds to moderate the forums..

#49 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Why not have one single big thread that never closes like we had on iRO wiki? Fragmenting the community between two forums is a non-starter, but we could take ideas from the old iRO wiki forum and use a stickied WoE discussion thread that is moderated but never closed. 

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

In my opinion they should use vmods from other games for restart and vice versa. 

There is a pretty strong bias from the new vmods. Before the new mods people more or less expected to be dealt with fairly by Cinnamon. 

It makes no sense to recruit moderators who are part of WoE guilds to moderate the forums..

A couple of years ago, we had an issue where a iRO2 VMod started overwriting iRO VMod edits and it started a whole VMod war. I doubt you guys want a repeat of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users