November 1st Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 1st Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

87 replies to this topic

#51 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

the piggy back costume is really creepy

is not!, is very cute <3

he is right !  Tiger mask was in first box ...  its not true T_T

My bad i confuse with other similar costume.

#52 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

No news on implementing an anti-bot system yet?

One of the simplest things for now is to add a dialogue option to the Novice Grounds NPC to say something along the lines "What is your name?" And then a fill-in-the-blank text box in which the player's name will need to be typed manually. This wouldn't even take you 10mins to add...

This will slow down zeny spammers and remove clutter from the bots in the novice grounds plus all the bots will get stuck on spawn so you can collect and jail them. You will also screw up a lot of poorly scripted bots.

#53 oleokoong1

oleokoong1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

No news on implementing an anti-bot system yet?

One of the simplest things for now is to add a dialogue option to the Novice Grounds NPC to say something along the lines "What is your name?" And then a fill-in-the-blank text box in which the player's name will need to be typed manually. This wouldn't even take you 10mins to add...

This will slow down zeny spammers and remove clutter from the bots in the novice grounds plus all the bots will get stuck on spawn so you can collect and jail them. You will also screw up a lot of poorly scripted bots.

Will easy bypass, trust me... the old time novice ground have to input name too

#54 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

I got two problems with hunter. 1). Sometime when shooting with bow the enemy gets to close to the edge and the hunter's bow stops shooting. It does not track the enemy properly. 2).Whats the point of having splash damage on auto blitz? I don't need the splash damage to bring all the enemies to me. I want to fight them one at a time.

Maint thread isn't really the place for this but if you're auto-shooting a monster it should be tagged by you and either move toward you OR teleport in some cases if it can't "locate" you. Cliff sniping is another story however. I've never had this be an issue for me.

If auto blitz is an issue for you, you can either dismiss your falcon or pull with something like Double Strafe. Dealing with mobs is however an aspect of the game, whether that means AoEing or simply managing a mobby situation. It's good to practice and learn.

#55 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Ohhhh, they changed the stacking kitty, it does it automatically now, no need to check!

#56 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

No reason not to. 

Not having stat reset stones doesn't make Alchemists, Blacksmiths etc any less meaningful. Just because you leeched a char to 99 doesn't really mean anything, anything that's not a knight is being leeched to 99 at the moment anyway so in the end it makes no difference.

People should be able to reset their stats. It doesn't hurt anyone and allows people to change their build if A: They want to do something else. Like switching from Battle Priest to Full Support. or B: They just want a more efficient stat build. Especially with a lot of people playing here and not really understanding how renewal works and they've ended up with less than ideal builds.

Brewers? Doesn't matter if you level as battle and reset it's more efficient to leech it either way.

if it doesnt mean anything to leech to 99, just do it and stop whining for statreset. it doesnt hurt anyone? so many battlepriest bot to 99 statreset ..  et voila.

as you said you need to leech it... takes twice the time to do it. when you make a char you should get what you make not make an build for X... oh today i MVP reset... oh today WOE reset... why ask for things which completely destroy ro mechanics and ambience?

Stat reset is fine like it is and its more than enough to do some corrections. You can reset 100% by a long time.Thats fair.  Perfect system. Just keep it like it is.

to ask for more cashshopitems as a customer is dumb imo.

Edited by hansibaer, 01 November 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#57 2076171006134533343

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

What happened to the XP reduction for Odin? Was it removed as well? I did not know that it was part of a promo or something.

#58 1844150513092551287

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

hmmmm -50% death penalty was removed as well. I think it was mistakenly removed as it was not part of the patch notes.

#59 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

hmmmm -50% death penalty was removed as well. I think it was mistakenly removed as it was not part of the patch notes.

Well that -50% death penalty is not need anymore, since we dont have the lag (but soon we will get again with so many bots running again)

#60 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Death Penalty Reduction comes to an end. There hasn't been any major lag issues with our isp for a couple weeks.

The main post has been updated to show it was meant to end. You are indeed correct.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Death Penalty Reduction comes to an end. There hasn't been any major lag issues with our isp for a couple weeks.

The main post has been updated to show it was meant to end. You are indeed correct.

https://forums.warpp...u-extreme-lags/

This is still an issue. 

#62 1844150513092551287

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Make it a -100% death penalty on VIP to compensate for the lags. We are still encountering the lags especially fps drop on steam linked accounts.

#63 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

That is it's current effect. Where were you hunting could be a map setting thing.

Tested again for 10-20 minutes. Killed at least 400 poison spores I think. Not a single db dropped. Please look into it tell us about it. Is it a rare drop or not working?

Hylozoist card dropping dbs for anyone else?

#64 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Can we see more useful items in the cash shop?

How about no? The server is already very pay-to-win, excessively so. I would rather see a push to promote more actual gameplay. I cannot believe that making the server less pay-to-win is a point of contention among people here. Do people not want to actually play the game but just continue spending money every week on virtual pixels?

I also cannot believe you advocated to release this monstrosity. What in world made you think that invalidating every single Garment that this server will ever get was a good idea? The headgear slot is already taken over by kafra-crap, beating every other ingame equivalent in most cases, why do you want this to happen to more slots?

Regarding resets, the point is not about making it easier to level by a different build and then reset. The current system promotes making multiple of the same class if you so want to because the reset is delayed. An instant full reset would be disastrous and would cut down average time spent by a lot. I know people who have multiple Hunters (AGI/DEX, Trapper, Auto-Blitz) and some other classes too. An instant full reset removes any need for this. There is a large variety of 2-2 builds, I don't see why it's a good idea to remove the incentive to make multiples.

The server is already ridiculously easy to level in, with 30m/hr EXP possible along with the server being saturated by items coming out of the cash shop, not the least of which are the WoE Potion boxes. And you're asking for more of this?

Good grief.

Edited by Hrishi, 01 November 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

It's all very well and good calling the HBP a "monstrosity" until you remember this is a renewal server, where gears replace the function of stats. 

And you advocate we don't get such gear? 

#66 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Pre-re is dead, look at classic. We need renewal gears.  But I think Ewol was just asking for a greed hat tbh.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Tested again for 10-20 minutes. Killed at least 400 poison spores I think. Not a single db dropped. Please look into it tell us about it. Is it a rare drop or not working?

Hylozoist card dropping dbs for anyone else?

Some maps are blocking it, it appears we will enable it with the DST maintenance this weekend.

#68 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Thank you

#69 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

i think they just wanted greed from the backpack i know i sure would

#70 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

Stat resets are a terrible idea, it would devalue levelling your character and reduce your sense of achievement, it’s one of those things that sounds great but is bad for you. Like cake and softdrink.

#71 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Stat resets are a terrible idea, it would devalue leeching your char

Fixed that for you. 

Heaven forbid someone uses a leveling build to level and then resets into the build they want to play.

#72 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

The way stats reset now is good leave it. Acid terror is fine now leave it. I'd wait until 2-2 is out for a while before changing anything since the way people do things is about to change a lot.

#73 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

The way stats reset now is good leave it. Acid terror is fine now leave it. I'd wait until 2-2 is out for a while before changing anything since the way people do things is about to change a lot.

Dont worry i wasnt demanding "another" nerf i just wanted to know if it was nerfed to a reasonable amount, nothing else, i have my answer already about it =) , i for myself coudlnt test it so if you guys says its fine now  everything is dandy.

#74 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

Good for you, maybe.

It's good income for them and is pretty harmless to the game to allow people to reset. The resetter right now would take you months to change any build substantially.

#75 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

Good for you, maybe.

It's good income for them and is pretty harmless to the game to allow people to reset. The resetter right now would take you months to change any build substantially.

One could argue that having to level another character from scratch for a different build makes them more money in supplies and VIP :P on top of keeping people playing actively for longer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users