Rebellion Awakening Job Update + Card Desocketing - Page 9 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rebellion Awakening Job Update + Card Desocketing

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

#201 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Sorry to repeat myself but will this update include any bug fixes rendering Oboro/Kagerou skills useless such as flip tatami, or include fixes to the elemental charms which effectively are reducing ALL AOE skills by 30-50%ish damage. I forget the exact numbers, but they are all still available on videos/spreadsheets I sent a year ago.

I would hope after a year+, they would fix bugs that are just flat out broken. It's honestly a disgrace they haven't been fixed since some of these fixes are simple. For instance, IRO Exploding Dragon is currently using the WRONG formula, being 900% + 15% * # charms, when it should be what KRO has: 900% + (900% * 15% * # charms) KRO literally has the fix, they have the correct formula. They've had it for over a year. It's a simple mathematical adjustment.
At max charms, this is a 1200% damage that we are NOT getting.

Videos demonstrating bugs are posted here: https://www.youtube....B-m0Vy7-oHEcC9w
Exploding Dragon is:
Damage calculations are posted here: https://docs.google....#gid=1884773895

Sigh, just frustrated. I quit a long time ago because of the lack of bug fixes. This patch tempts me to play again and have some fun, but, what fun is to be had when my favorite class is plagued with bugs rendering it effectively useless or hindered greatly in many regards?

@Mods/GMS: If there is any further evidence we could possibly give you guys to actually make these bugs get fixed, please let us know. PM me, Hissis, anyone else who has played a part in bug compilation. You have a community who loves this game and would be willing to help; who have already compiled much data on your behalf. I'm just saying, utilize it. RO does lose money from having broken features. Low quality drives players away despite new content being created.

Thanks and have a nice night y'all.

sorry about double posting, but i gotta reply this. Forget about proper skill fixes LOL. Years back i made a post asking for them to remove the bowling bash CD because it was ridiculous as an iRO custom. After a -_- ton of attention in the forum, the final reply oda gave me was that it was hardcoded which i still find unbelievable to date. I’ve since left iRO and went around fooling around jRO, twRO and a bunch of private servers and almost every server was more well run than iRO.

Eventually i came back for bio5 because of my dumb sunk cost mentality. I’ve spent too much here to fully convert to the other servers. Now i can only harass camp every week in maintenance for rune improvement. (camp pls, rune improvement, im waiting).

#202 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

Cant wait to try  :p_smile:

#203 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

Does this mean later tonight or should we just expect it along with tomorrows maintenance?

More likely tomorrow. The boots script had more missing than I thought. It would run but several functions weren't working.

#204 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:15 PM

Yay boots Fix,  :p_laugh:

thanks Mr. Campitor

take your time  :heh:

#205 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Yay boots Fix,  :p_laugh:

thanks Mr. Campitor

take your time  :heh:

I can't fix the equipable part without the studio. As far as I know the code they gave is right.

#206 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

so weird, why cant expanded classes equip it ? even though the job list, they are stated on it,

Required Lv 99

Class : Rebel, Oboro, Kagerou

#207 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

so weird, why cant expanded classes equip it ? even though the job list, they are stated on it,

Required Lv 99

Class : Rebel, Oboro, Kagerou

Descriptions are text, not scripts :U

#208 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

but Mr. Campitor said the code is right  :p_sad:

cant it get bugged like this ?

umm can only be equiped by lv 99 only ? or maximum lv is 99 ?

personally im going to test the boots later, i hope i can help to find the bug , gonna try to test lv 99 K/O first 

#209 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

but Mr. Campitor said the code is right  :p_sad:

cant it get bugged like this ?

umm can only be equiped by lv 99 only ? or maximum lv is 99 ?

personally im going to test the boots later, i hope i can help to find the bug , gonna try to test lv 99 K/O first 

I don't have any Rebel/Kagerou/Oboro only gears to make a compare to. If you can think of any examples that can only be equipped by both classes I can use that to fix the boots

#210 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

:heh: wut? i dont think it exist, 

if im not wrong , the equipment filters in RO are Every Job, Trans Only, 3rd Classes Only ?

is it possible to create the opposite ?

i mean, it is possible to create [ Trans Only except High Novice  ] filter like Bison Horn[0], high novice is Trans Class but the filter exclude it.

also [ Trans Swordsman Only ], excluding High Novice and other trans classes.

so with this, is it possible to create customized filter ?

example :

[ Except Trans Classes ] customized from [ Every Job ], because i believe in rebel and k/o included in every job tag but not in 1 first classes or 2nd classes,

that will filter and exclude all trans classes to its upper, from high novice to 3rd classes.

leaving us with Novice, First Classes, Secondary Classes, Expanded Classes. 

but we only want Rebel and K/O to use it right ?

make the lv requirement is 100, because there is no lv 100 swordsman, lv 100 knight, lv 100 gunslinger.  :p_idea:

maybe   :heh:

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/15116/

3rd Classes only, Doram, Taekwon, Rebel, K/O

Edited by Silvianna, 15 November 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#211 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

It's Expanded only class.

#212 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

so are we going to get the sakray update / fix today?

#213 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'm kinda curious why Sakray is up for login/char select and etc, but just map servers down, lol. Usually it's either all down or all up

#214 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

Looking how things are going,we are probably getting this update in December.

Which means i'm not going to have time for that, sad :/

#215 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

IF we have fixed temporal boots by today or maybe tomorrow, next week we can get the update, you still have one week before december  :heh:  :heh:

#216 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

I'm thinking more like Late January or early February.

#217 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

IF we have fixed temporal boots by today or maybe tomorrow, next week we can get the update, you still have one week before december  :heh:  :heh:

We still need the NPC's to create them.

We still need the new weapons IF Gravity recognize that those weapons are a part of this update and not 16.2

And after that, if they send the weapons, we need to remember them about the options to enchant.

Finally we need to check if everything is working as indeed( i was not able to test everything and not everyone really tested stuff ) and send it to the Live Servers.

Let's be real,it's almost 2 weeks and still no fix for the simple stuff like the Temporal Boots, if camp fix temporal today,MAYBE we can receive it next week if they really ignore the weapons.

Either way,we are missing the content and we are probably going to put those weapons in the dark hole zone (along with pet hunger bar,nightmare old GH)

I'm thinking more like Late January or early February.

Probably January if they really send everything,at least i'm going to have time for that  :heh:

Edited by Hissis, 16 November 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#218 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

The weapon is in 16.2, unfortunately they are, i can confirm it.

by enchant, do you mean Malangdo enchant ? is the 16.2 weapon enchantable or also applied for old weapon ?

the only thing to wait is Temporal Boots, since they have added Slug Bullet ammo to the npc.

and minor test for the skills.

sad, we dont have new weapons, unless they want to bring the jro ver, death fire[3] etc.

i might try to request them to be included in ocp box.  :heh:

Edited by Silvianna, 16 November 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#219 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

The weapon is in 16.2, unfortunately they are, i can confirm it.

by enchant, do you mean Malangdo enchant ? is the 16.2 weapon enchantable or also applied for old weapon ?

the only thing to wait is Temporal Boots, since they have added Slug Bullet ammo to the npc.

and minor test for the skills.

sad, we dont have new weapons, unless they want to bring the jro ver, death fire[3] etc.

i might try to request them to be included in ocp box.  :heh:

Are you sure the Normal Weapons (Like the new 2 slot shotgun and stuff like that) are from 16.2? We know Trainees are but never heard about the others.

You can only enchant the new ones.

#220 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

Yup yup, to be precise the new weapons added to kRO server on May-18-2016, based on the maintenance log

and they had 16.2 long before that day.

#221 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

*waiting Sakray to open*

i hope this is not gonna be another "Soon" again.  :heh:

not-impressed-cat.jpg

#222 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

does this include super novice and take-won classes 2nd jobs?

#223 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Richard and the Card Desocketing Update.

After having a chance to review the Card Desocketing update we have the following notes

• Chances to successfully desocket an item are MUCH Lower
    • 80% chance item became a 10% chance item
    • There is no 100% chance item
  • All risk was removed from desocketing
    • There is no chance for everything to blow up in your face. On failure with the update you lose the lubricant only.
  • The update currently works for all items slots but Middle Headgear. I just need to find a slot number for the Middle Headgear to add

Currently the NPC does not function at all. The new desocketing attempt function call just exits the dialog.

This process has become progressively worse for the player with each iteration that comes down the pipeline. At first, all we needed was a desocket book and we could get our gear uncarded. I was fine sacrificing either the card or the gear in the process. Some things are just worth it. Second, normal decarding had to go away, and players needed to submit tickets to have the process manually done. I understand that ticketing to decard was a band-aid fix, but it was still less convenient for us. Next came Silvervine in Malangdo, we lost tons of selection in what could be de-carded at nearly 3-4x the price de-carding had been in the past. We also lost out on a 100% success rate for non-mvp separations.

This newest iteration has a completely unacceptable success rate for something that must be paid for to use. I remember when adding sockets to weapons was first implemented into the game, there was a low success rate and on failure the weapon broke. As a paid alternative we got socket enchanting books which significantly increased the odds of socketing, and spared the gear from breaking.  This seems like a fair compromise. If the de-carding service was offered through in-game means and a paid alternative increased your odds and safety I could get behind that.

In this model, was the silvervine cost reduced at all? Who in their right mind would spend 300m to have a 10% chance to re-card anything? The cost of de-carding already exceeds the value of most cards.

The OCP model is introducing better gear week by week. I find it very hard to justify carding anything because something better might be coming down the pipeline a week from now. Look at Cylinder Headband . The entire first page of results is completely card-free. Players are opting to leave their half a billion zeny gear un-carded because of the complete lack of flexibility offered by the game. We deserve an un-crappy version of this feature by now. Please.

#224 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

This process has become progressively worse for the player with each iteration that comes down the pipeline. At first, all we needed was a desocket book and we could get our gear uncarded. I was fine sacrificing either the card or the gear in the process. Some things are just worth it. Second, normal decarding had to go away, and players needed to submit tickets to have the process manually done. I understand that ticketing to decard was a band-aid fix, but it was still less convenient for us. Next came Silvervine in Malangdo, we lost tons of selection in what could be de-carded at nearly 3-4x the price de-carding had been in the past. We also lost out on a 100% success rate for non-mvp separations.

This newest iteration has a completely unacceptable success rate for something that must be paid for to use. I remember when adding sockets to weapons was first implemented into the game, there was a low success rate and on failure the weapon broke. As a paid alternative we got socket enchanting books which significantly increased the odds of socketing, and spared the gear from breaking.  This seems like a fair compromise. If the de-carding service was offered through in-game means and a paid alternative increased your odds and safety I could get behind that.

In this model, was the silvervine cost reduced at all? Who in their right mind would spend 300m to have a 10% chance to re-card anything? The cost of de-carding already exceeds the value of most cards.

The OCP model is introducing better gear week by week. I find it very hard to justify carding anything because something better might be coming down the pipeline a week from now. Look at Cylinder Headband . The entire first page of results is completely card-free. Players are opting to leave their half a billion zeny gear un-carded because of the complete lack of flexibility offered by the game. We deserve an un-crappy version of this feature by now. Please.

My understanding was that the base cost of 1m stays the same, but on fail you lose nothing, so you can just keep trying till it desockets (something like FAW enchants). Someone on the thread mentioned that the average cost was around 30m, so it seems like a major improvement over Jeremy.

#225 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

nyannn any ETA, nyann ?  :p_idea:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users