Taekwon SLS Designation - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Taekwon SLS Designation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Whenever I designate the Payon Field where Greatest Generals are located as a Solar Place, a message comes up that Comodo field has been designated as a Solar Place. It looks like I can't designate that Payon Field Map as a Solar Place.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Can you please take a screenshot of the message that appears after trying to align map pay_fild10 as Solar place?

#3 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:24 AM

It looks like the skill designation only allows one map to be designated. Solar - only comodo field 01, Lunar - 1st floor of Payon dungeon, and Stellar - Mjolnir Field 08.

I took the screenshot at Payon Field 10 and Payon dungeon 03. Something's wrong with my screenshots but you can see the message.

https://imgur.com/dJfYcp3

https://imgur.com/4E1vvuN

https://imgur.com/zCvs8lq

https://imgur.com/l8O8th1

https://imgur.com/ngp31ec

https://imgur.com/7FteCbd

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:37 AM

Afaik it's intended that you can only have one map for each of Sun/Moon/Stars.

At least that's how it has worked since Taekwons were introduced to my knowledge.

You can reset the maps, but it's a very tedious process. :/

Mark your maps wisely.

And disregard this post if you never set any map before.

Edit:
The same is true for monsters.

You can only have one target of each Sun/Moon/Stars.

If Miracle triggers the map you're on is treated as stellar map and all monsters are treated as stellar targets.

Edited by kubikyuu, 09 November 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

This is intended, only one map can be aligned and it's permanent. So the map in question cannot be aligned because Solar is already aligned to Comodo field.

You may try to reset the alignments using the method mentioned in this iRo Wiki page. Note that the chance is very low, it might be faster to just re-create the character.

To fix the screenshot issue please visit this post, follow suggested solution #9 [My screen captures are in monochrome and distorted].

#6 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

Can you check how it works on KRO? Looks I will not play the class because of this. Map alignments and Target alignments are limited to 3 for each right? - That's not what I have read in IRO wiki. :(

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

As far as I know, the skill has always been like that as it is the same on iRO Wiki page.

http://irowiki.org/w...llar_Perception

If it was recently changed on kRO then that would be interesting.

#8 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

Can you check how it works on KRO? Looks I will not play the class because of this. Map alignments and Target alignments are limited to 3 for each right? - That's not what I have read in IRO wiki. :(

Quotes from irowiki:

Opposition: "Designates the species/class of a single target as the Solar, Lunar or Stellar Target for the use of certain skills. Alignments are virtually permanent and each can only be chosen once."

Perception: "Designates the current map as the Solar, Lunar or Stellar Place for the use of certain skills. Alignments are virtually permanent and each can only be chosen once, and cannot be reassigned without performing the lengthy reset procedure. It's unwise to align memorial maps because alignments do not apply to other instances of the same map."

TKMs can be a fun class still, the biggest reason to not pick one would be that they cap at 99/50. :/

Most common build for iRO would be Agi-Kicker that uses 2-3 Teakwon Kid kicks an might or might not compliment those with Heat.

On other servers a pure Heat build is popular, focusing on only Str/Dex/Luk and 1~3 maps to get to 99 and using Miracle to always get the bonus from Stellar Blessings.

You can trigger Miracle by putting down ~200 traps in a corner, then spam (stringed) Magnum Break into them with the TKM.

Just be sure to no change zone server after it triggers, because that will remove Miracle.

Edited by kubikyuu, 09 November 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#9 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

Quotes from irowiki:

Opposition: "Designates the species/class of a single target as the Solar, Lunar or Stellar Target for the use of certain skills. Alignments are virtually permanent and each can only be chosen once."

Perception: "Designates the current map as the Solar, Lunar or Stellar Place for the use of certain skills. Alignments are virtually permanent and each can only be chosen once, and cannot be reassigned without performing the lengthy reset procedure. It's unwise to align memorial maps because alignments do not apply to other instances of the same map."

I think people will be misled from such statements. People might think that they can align multiple maps and monsters like I have thought. Can someone please rephrase those things in IRO wiki like for Opposition - Only one kind of monster for Solar Target, only one kind for Lunar Target, and one kind for Stellar Target? And then for Perception - one map for Solar, one map for Lunar, and one map for Stellar?

I won't delete that Taekwon character of mine - I've given her time and love her.

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 09 November 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#10 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Imo it was pretty clear, but I added a sentence to each page to stress it more.

Think it's better now?

#11 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Better. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic