is 16.1 kicthen buggy? why some1 is repeating it for hour - Page 4 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

is 16.1 kicthen buggy? why some1 is repeating it for hour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#76 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Let's be honest, some people did abuse this on purpose and some did not. New players are coming back all the time and don't know what quests are "repeatable" and which are only "repeatable every 24hrs". They would have no idea unless they know the quest already.

The problem is, people who had no idea it was a bug and stopped the minute it was patched the first time, since the whole "fixing an issue with 16.1 Pront Castle" confirms its a bug, should NOT be punished the same as people who went and abused it after said "fix". If the GMs can track who gained tokens during this time, they should easily be able to tell who continued the abuse after the "fix" was implemented.

Edit: In other words, some people did this on a massive scale and some maybe got a few extra hundred tokens. Should these people be punished the same, when some were fully aware and others were not. It's easy to simply say "CHEATERS" to a mass of individuals, but that's a really bias and immature way to handle this situation.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 14 November 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#77 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

I still didn't get how the bug worked. The timer is resetting infinitely at a certain time? I just want to know... for science...  :ho:

Last time I saw it, the quest reset it's timer on 4. Nov., and that day was 10. Nov.. 

#78 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Wish it could've been remedied sooner, the damage done is far wide but hopefully still repairable. Felt like it took so long that honestly i was tempted to join the 'if u can't stop them join them' camp. Hopefully u guys can get this fixed right.

#79 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'd advice users involved to calm down.

The staff will check logs and process from there.

When it comes to trades, from past incidents the GM staff tend to reverse the transactions. This is on a case by case basis though.

#80 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

If ever, can we just ask for 1 robe each and a bag of tokens on each account so we can just forget everything? :heh:

#81 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

they should give warning first

#82 MMLP5

MMLP5

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

We are pulling lists of all accounts that generated tokens during the abuse able period. The quests will be disabled until maintenance,

the first time I realized it can be repeated, yet I did it.  when the supposed fix came out.  As soon as the announcement of fix will be done. I instantly checked the forums and yes there it is. Any announcement for what to do with the abusers? perm ban? or roll back? 

#83 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

If ever, can we just ask for 1 robe each and a bag of tokens on each account so we can just forget everything? :heh:

what a wise man

this will bring peace to everyone

#84 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

It's already Obvious with "Royal Banquet Daily Quest" so what do you think that happen if you can repeat the quest instantly, instead of waiting for tomorrow for doing the quest again ?

It is a bug/error/whatsoever so don't make a profit from it ... :)

#85 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Its not the players fault for having this bug. Why Banned them? If iRO can tracked them then why not revert it and give that player a warning . Fair enough right ?

#86 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

It's already Obvious with "Royal Banquet Daily Quest" so what do you think that happen if you can repeat the quest instantly, instead of waiting for tomorrow for doing the quest again ?

It is a bug/error/whatsoever so don't make a profit from it ... :)

Maybe I'm stupid, but where in the game does it say this?

Edit: I'm not being obstinate, but I genuinely want to know if it mentions that the quests are daily anywhere in the quest log information.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 14 November 2017 - 11:24 PM.

#87 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Edit: I'm not being obstinate, but I genuinely want to know if it mentions that the quests are daily anywhere in the quest log information.

Where in the game? Lol c'mon! When 16.1 was release, people do release a guide here at forum regarding to ingame quest. You can also check irowiki that the quest is daily. I think people are not that naive to think that the quest is not bug when the timer resets instantly upon finishing the quest.

#88 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Details of the investigations have not been provided yet.

But please know this, the quest timers were not working properly in which it allowed interaction without a cooldown. Again, this is not intended.

As for account suspension:

The staff will not be able to look thoroughly if the user is actively playing and trading, so an account lock down is necessary to investigate the case. This may be reverted later.

Hopefully we get better input from the staff in the morning.

Let's be patient..

#89 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Where in the game? Lol c'mon! When 16.1 was release, people do release a guide here at forum regarding to ingame quest. You can also check irowiki that the quest is daily. I think people are not that naive to think that the quest is not bug when the timer resets instantly upon finishing the quest.

So, you're making assumption about others based on how you play the game. Not everyone reads these forums or looks at the wiki, and mass banning people off of assumptions is hopefully not something that Gravity would do.

Gravity has the power to go in and see who was clearly abusing this on purpose, especially those who did so after the first "fix", and punish people on DIFFERENT levels of severity. I don't think banning everyone is the answer here, despite it being what the majority of the comments here suggest.

Edit: Well, it's good to know that Gravity may be looking at this on a situational basis and they aren't just mass banning. I would suggest that anyone who did get a punishment and feels they are innocent of intentional abuse should file a ticket asap. Thanks for the info Cinnamon.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 14 November 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#90 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

It is and every other quest are categorized as: 1 time, daily, 2 or more waiting days

The quest is daily.

#91 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

I hope this issue be resolved :(

#92 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

reading the comments its pretty clear who abused it and who didnt kek. Also if you abuse something and get banned, you dont need a warning for that coz you already knew you were doing something wrong just accept the consequences. 

#93 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

So, you're making assumption about others based on how you play the game. Not everyone reads these forums or looks at the wiki, and mass banning people off of assumptions is hopefully not something that Gravity would do.

Gravity has the power to go in and see who was clearly abusing this on purpose, especially those who did so after the first "fix", and punish people on DIFFERENT levels of severity. I don't think banning everyone is the answer here, despite it being what the majority of the comments here suggest.

Edit: Well, it's good to know that Gravity may be looking at this on a situational basis and they aren't just mass banning. I would suggest that anyone who did get a punishment and feels they are innocent of intentional abuse should file a ticket asap. Thanks for the info Cinnamon.

As what vmod says on his post "If you dont abused the bug, you should be fine" or else you got ban too. Lol

reading the comments its pretty clear who abused it and who didnt kek. Also if you abuse something and get banned, you dont need a warning for that coz you already knew you were doing something wrong just accept the consequences.

Exactly!

#94 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

It's clear that some people here just want to punish everyone equally, despite the fact that not everyone was guilty of intentional abuse. I sent in a bug report for this issue and was part of the group that wanted to see this fixed, but I'm not a bitter jerk who wants to see everyone banned over it.

All people not wanting to see guilds become unbalanced, some WOE guilds with castles, and innocent people perma banned must be one of THEM logic: [Removed]

VModCinnamon:

Hello, I see that the screenshot has the name properly omitted, however I don't believe posting that report here is helpful.

Please make sure to include it in your ticket.

Edit: This was NOT A REPORT - I already said I filed a ticket in the text above - this is proof that I was not a THEM, the stupid logic being used for anyone saying that parties may be innocent in this dispute. Please don't delete images that are within regulation and are clearly NOT being used to file a report on the forum (as per the context of the topic).

Seriously... it's sad that this has to be said.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 15 November 2017 - 01:59 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot

#95 GetBack

GetBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

FYI

Policy on Exploiting or Using Bugs

Gravity Interactive does not allow the use of any bug or exploits. The use or exploiting of bugs may lead to an account suspension which maybe temporary or permanent. Repeated or serious violations may result in the permanent removal of account and game account.

Our primary objective is the ensure that there is a fair and fun environment to play our games, by exploiting or using any bug you are not playing fair and are altering the game play for which is intended.

If you feel that another play maybe exploiting or using a bug and taking advantage of that bug then we ask that you contact our support team by submitting a ticket with any proof you can provide as well as the assumed offending character name.

If you find a bug in your playtime, please feel free to report this issue to us as well. Attempting to abuse bugs for personal gain on an account may lead to the suspension of that account and possibly all related accounts. We highly encourage reporting such bugs over the exploitation of these issues.

If you have found a bug while playing or would like to report an exploiter you can notify our Support Team by submitting a ticket. Please be as detailed including all details about the situation in which the bug occurred.

Source: https://support.warp...using-bugs.aspx

#96 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:51 AM

First thing is that we already done the bug quest in Banguet. Got couple of tokens, Second is we are planning to report it but someone already did. since this thread was created. I am hoping they see and admit their side of mistakes and error. Not just the player

#97 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:02 AM

First thing is that we already done the bug quest in Banguet. Got couple of tokens, Second is we are planning to report it but someone already did. since this thread was created. I am hoping they see and admit their side of mistakes and error. Not just the player

Attempting to abuse bugs for personal gain on an account may lead to the suspension of that account and possibly all related accounts. "Attempting"

Edited by PoySanity, 15 November 2017 - 02:03 AM.

#98 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

It's clear that some people here just want to punish everyone equally, despite the fact that not everyone was guilty of intentional abuse. I sent in a bug report for this issue and was part of the group that wanted to see this fixed, but I'm not a bitter jerk who wants to see everyone banned over it.

All people not wanting to see guilds become unbalanced, some WOE guilds with castles, and innocent people perma banned must be one of THEM logic: [Removed]

VModCinnamon:
Hello, I see that the screenshot has the name properly omitted, however I don't believe posting that report here is helpful.
Please make sure to include it in your ticket.

Edit: This was NOT A REPORT - I already said I filed a ticket in the text above - this is proof that I was not a THEM, the stupid logic being used for anyone saying that parties may be innocent in this dispute. Please don't delete images that are within regulation and are clearly NOT being used to file a report on the forum (as per the context of the topic).

Seriously... it's sad that this has to be said.

If you are not part of it then just settle and calm your tits. The people who should be throwing fits are those who are guilty.

#99 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Attempting to abuse bugs for personal gain on an account may lead to the suspension of that account and possibly all related accounts. "Attempting"

You kind of just made the argument. Attempting to do something, intentionally, requires knowledge of it in the first place. If someone does not know of something, how can they attempt to do it?

#100 GG8704

GG8704

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

2067 is THE best punishment for those who abused the quest  :no1: . This will send them a good message.

Let this be a lesson to them. :p_angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users