is 16.1 kicthen buggy? why some1 is repeating it for hour - Page 5 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

is 16.1 kicthen buggy? why some1 is repeating it for hour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#101 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

it happens that we encounter this bug and other player who did not are hoping to ban all who used the bug :)

#102 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

If you are not part of it then just settle and calm your tits. The people who should be throwing fits are those who are guilty.

This.

#103 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

Oh look at the maturity here. People can whine and moan about the abuse and what SHOULD be done, but no one can defend the other side without a sexist comment. Seriously, grow up people. There are two sides to every discussion and as long as I don't break the forum rules I am within my right to disagree that banning everyone is the "BEST" solution to EVERY issue that happens on RO.

PS. Have a good evening! Unlike some people, I have a life and a job that doesn't revolve around crucifying people on a MMO.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 15 November 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#104 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:31 AM

I would like to disagree to those who want that players abuse or doesn't know the bug in the royal banquet daily quest be banned. Why? These are the reasons and my opinion so please respect it.

First, it's not their fault that the script or the system has an error with it. It's on the technical staff who is responsible for it

Second, it's the nature of each of us even though in real life, if there's an opportunity we grab it, so same through with this players need zeny to live in the game.

Third, without these players GMs,CMs and other staff will not have an idea of this. 

So, as a player for both server, they must given a chance without wiping their items and not banning them, but removing the hero token they collected in those days that the bug occurring. Why? Those players didn't used any application to make the system or script of the daily quests in the royal banquet and instead the staff has been responsible to it.

Edited by Varignon, 15 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#105 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:35 AM

I would like to disagree to those who want that players abuse or doesn't know the bug in the royal banquet daily quest. Why? These are the reasons and my opinion so please respect it.

First, it's not their fault that the script or the system has an error with it. It's on the technical staff who is responsible for it

Second, it's the nature of each of us even though in real life, if there's an opportunity we grab it, so same through with this players need zeny to live in the game.

Third, without these players GMs,CMs and other staff will not have an idea of this. 

So, as a player for both server, they must given a chance without wiping their items, banning them but removing the hero token they collected in those days that the bug occurring. Why? Those players didn't used any application to make the system or script of the daily quests in the royal banquet and instead the staff has been responsible to it.

very well said, If by chance all player did this. Will they be banned? ofcourse not there will be no clients,customers players

Edited by jborgyc, 15 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#106 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

All right folks, let's take a time out and chill, shall we?

Topic will be re-opened at 8 AM server time (same day), then hopefully by then the staff are in and ready to provide details of the affected accounts.

Right now there is no indication the bans are permanent and no specific details about the fate of obtained tokens, what is being brought to table are just speculations.

I fully understand that most of you are anxious about the situation and their accounts, so I ask you all to be patient and wait for Campitor's response.

Topic is now on short time out.

​Thank you for understanding.

Topic is now open.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 November 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#107 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

Hey! I found a new bug! The quest in Eden group, it takes unlimited number of maneater blossom until you reach a certain amount of level, shouldn't this have a cooldown of 24 hours before we can turn-in another set of maneater blossom?  :heh:  :hmm:

#108 MMLP5

MMLP5

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

All right folks, let's take a time out and chill, shall we?

Topic will be re-opened at 8 AM server time (same day), then hopefully by then the staff are in and ready to provide details of the affected accounts.

Right now there is no indication the bans are permanent and no specific details about the fate of obtained tokens, what is being brought to table are just speculations.

I fully understand that most of you are anxious about the situation and their accounts, so I ask you all to be patient and wait for Campitor's response.

Topic is now on short time out.

​Thank you for understanding.

Topic is now open.

Any update on the accounts that we're affected?

#109 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

Any update on the accounts that we're affected?

No updates yet, staff will be here soon.

#110 BornHater

BornHater

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#111 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

No updates yet, staff will be here soon.

Update will be appreciated as of what attitute Camp is leaning on to the affected accounts. 

I agree that the tokens should defenitely be removed from the game as they should not have been created. But as of how GM is going to react to players who involved into it is what I concern now. 

Edited by Althes, 15 November 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#112 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Well this one is clearly bannable offense unlike the EQ circumstance. It is perfectly understandable that some players would have assumed that learning EQ from monsters was a new feature from Bio 5 update, I talked to some of these SCs and a few actually believe this. This one is very different, it is evident that repeating daily instances like this is abusing a bug, so anyone who does it is fully aware of the consequences. I support the staff's decision on banning abusers, you are not supposed to abuse a known bug.

#113 MMLP5

MMLP5

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

Wipe out all the items that are banquet related. Do you even consider the hard work of all the players before this bug happened? All the money for the WPE and hours of hunting will be gone. It's like you're pushing all the players away. consider the things that we did before this bug occurred. After all, this was the systems fault. Yes, there might be some who "deliberately" abuse it. Soooo how will you determine, who is who? Hmm............

#MGM#

#WELOVETHELOVEOFWELOVE

#114 BornHater

BornHater

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

bring down the hammer

#115 GetBack

GetBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

Wipe out all the items that are banquet related. Do you even consider the hard work of all the players before this bug happened? All the money for the WPE and hours of hunting will be gone. It's like you're pushing all the players away. consider the things that we did before this bug occurred. After all, this was the systems fault. Yes, there might be some who "deliberately" abuse it. Soooo how will you determine, who is who? Hmm............

#MGM#

#WELOVETHELOVEOFWELOVE

As per the policy itself,

"If you find a bug in your playtime, please feel free to report this issue to us as well. Attempting to abuse bugs for personal gain on an account may lead to the suspension of that account and possibly all related accounts. We highly encourage reporting such bugs over the exploitation of these issues."

Still, Let see how the management will handled this scenario, those policy were not made so that you can break it. Lets hope for the best or Expect for the worst.

#116 MMLP5

MMLP5

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

As per the policy itself,

"If you find a bug in your playtime, please feel free to report this issue to us as well. Attempting to abuse bugs for personal gain on an account may lead to the suspension of that account and possibly all related accounts. We highly encourage reporting such bugs over the exploitation of these issues."

Still, Let see how the management will handled this scenario, those policy were not made so that you can break it. Lets hope for the best or Expect for the worst.

But it did not say you should instantly report it. Let's be realistic here, If you we're to find something that would benefit you, you will definitely do it regardless of the consequences. 

When you get caught, you play the I didn't know card. 

#117 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Honest players calm down, grab popcorns and watch the world burns down. 

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

An advise, idk how staff will handle it, but if I were one of the involved accounts, i leave the item where i have now instead trying to trade to other accounts, dont involve more accounts in this lol

Edited by S207, 15 November 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#118 GetBack

GetBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

But it did not say you should instantly report it. Let's be realistic here, If you we're to find something that would benefit you, you will definitely do it regardless of the consequences. 

When you get caught, you play the I didn't know card. 

That's why they are highly encouraging players to report rather than abusing the bug. As far as i know, players have already been warned for this exploitation before the banning happens. Yet those players chose to continue abusing those moments since they felt it will benefit them.

#119 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

Friend that doing this reported being banned till 2067...will it be too heavy penalty as wp didnt officially blief that this is illegal?

Found one banned user. I think 2067 is too light, a good punishment is every turn in(10 token) 1 year ban.

#120 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

#MGM#

#WELOVETHELOVEOFWELOVE

To determine who is who: all they have to do is look at previous logs of players who did the instances on a regular, 24-hour cooldown. Then, if said account decided to spam the hell out of Dark Lord Illusion Flowers, they knew exactly what they were not supposed to be doing. That's pretty red-handed.

Players that have never done the quest before this bug occurred will be the ones who have some type of valid argument, albeit a weak one. However...

I guarantee a handful of people thought about this and started to abuse it on alt accounts that have never touched the quest previously. They just have to enchant robes and they'll avoid harming their 'mains' since they have alts doing the abuse. In this case, the GMs will look at IP logs and anybody doing that without a VPN will likely get corralled in, including their mains.

I'm certain the amount of people with absolute innocence and ignorance is far smaller than the amount of people who knowingly hit the button that said "Press For Mass Tokens."

#121 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

A rollback to pre-bug token state would be nice. Abusers should be easily detected. Items / enchant transferred seems tricky (Assumptions). Didn't know a lot more people were affected till they took the npc's out.

Did this start from DST maintenance? Blame DST! Who needs time saving?! Dark illusion got confused on time  :heh:

#122 GetBack

GetBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

A rollback to pre-bug token state would be nice. Abusers should be easily detected. Items / enchant transferred seems tricky (Assumptions). Didn't know a lot more people were affected till they took the npc's out.

Did this start from DST maintenance? Blame DST! Who needs time saving?! Dark illusion got confused on time  :heh:

Because it's dark down there. Don't blame the poor dark illusion(i think it's a Dark lord) who have been abused.

#123 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

#MGM#

#WELOVETHELOVEOFWELOVE

I dont think they will wipe out all items that are banquet related, at least not the ones before the bug happened. I bought a Flattery Robe INT 6 about 3 months ago, if they delete it I would quit, and many others will do the same, its too many players for iRO to lose and they cant afford this. The most they could do is to erase the items made during this timespan when the bug occurred, and even this can cause a series of drama since someone might as well have made a Flattery Robe INT 6 or DEX 6, but at least this will affect only a very small portion of playerbase. 

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 15 November 2017 - 08:45 AM.

#124 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

So as a list of what to do and what not to do until maintenance its done:

• Calm down, Just wait till GMs ends their investigations. If you were involved, send a ticket.
  • Prevent trade/buy Abusive Robe/Flattery robe/Any other Ep. 16.1 item if you suspect was made by this bug (need confirmation on this?) Until GMs say its safe and they're done.
  • You should sen a ticket if:
    • You are a previous owner of an item before the bug, and enchant it with the bug, better confess instead wait for the consecuences.
    • Bought an item and suspect were obtained in that way.
    • Got an item in this way, obviously. Confess instead wait for the consecuences.

However, The GMs will take the final solution in each case and even if you confess, doesnt mean you wont be punish.

Those are advices from a player, The GMs will have their own way to see the matter. Any improve to those steps are welcome

#125 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

To hell with your rollback, a lot of ppl farm legitly honor tokens, fragments in bio5, ET runs, instance runs. If server rollback means legit players are affected(card drop, zeny gain,fragments gain).

Its easy to know if someone abuse , 1 turn-in 10 token, if from that npc u gain more than 100 tokens, it means u did it 10 times in a day, solid proof of ppl abusing.

Suggestion to wp staff, if players caught abusing give 2 choices, ban or item-wipe.

Add in : Legit players have serious concerns about these abusers, i personally farm tokens for several months on various character, trying to get the robes and good enchant. In just few days abuser get all of this enchant and profited considerably from it. Abusers have no right trying to dictate punishment. A thief cant forced a judge to give a lenient sentence. Stand your ground WP. Abusers rarely buy wpe anyway. Send me your ban hammer> i promise ill refine it to +15 for you to ban or item wipe them.

Edited by icecream2, 15 November 2017 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users