The Economy is #*^@ing crazy atm - Page 5 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Economy is #*^@ing crazy atm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#101 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

A lot of players are silent on this topic because theyre involved with buying illegal zeny and don't want any type of repercussion.

Sorry "mates" but your accounts should be wiped of zeny/items, you can keep your levels. You are the people feeding the problem and ruining the server for others.

Its every week the same problem.

Someone opening theard about bots. Topic will be closed in some hours. And next days, open again a new theard about bots.

We write about the economy problems in re:start server.

Some player write a serious big post about "the current situation in re:start".

Gm´s and mods write about the "24/7 hunting bot team". And close the theards.

Other day come crying and complaning about junk mails,spam private messages and again about bots.

You can doing nothing except silent follow the bad times of iRo.

The problems are the same, in every week. Like a cycle.

#102 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

IMO hunting the bots themselves is worthless, as it relates to helping the economy. Instead of hunting the individual bots as WP has been doing (I appreciate the effort), WP needs to hunt the bot owners. Ban their main and mule accounts. That is a surefire way to remove mass amounts of zeny from the economy. Hunting the owners can't be done in game, really. It has to be done by investigating logs. Hunting the individual bots themselves is worthless (Still appreciate the effort, but you need to change your strategy, WP)....Bot owners are provisioning and running bots at a massive scale. Their programs and scripts will beat your bot team's fingers every. single. time. WP can't keep up, and it's obvious. Instead of chopping the heads off the snakes, they're doing band-aid fixes in an effort to keep the community happy. But the truth is, band-aid fixes are temporary and don't help the economy whatsoever, they're only a minor nuisance to the people destroying the economy. 

#103 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

If bot hunting the herd or master accounts is too hard/not effective then...

Start banning the zeny buying players.

Make some examples and let players know buying illegal zeny is wrong. Or have so many people diped into the honey jar that no one wants to bring the issue to light?

Has ANYONE on Odin server been banned for buying illegal zeny? 

Its $1 USD per 10million zeny being advertised currently and it's disgusting that people can purchase without worry or consequence.

#104 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

A great example indicating why banning the bots is ultimately ineffective is the chat spam bots. It's obvious that they're bots, requires almost zero investigation and a ban is issued. Next thing you know, another bot is there to take it's place. The GMs can't keep up, it's impossible, with the way things are right now. One would be naive to think that the hunting bots are not being replaced immediately. They don't even have to be high level to generate large amounts of zeny, due to the selling price of even low monster level items (namely cards).

WP needs to understand that is costs money to make money. Invest your time and money in to the root of the problem, because the biggest expense to the company will come when nobody is buying KP because the legit players quit, or their cost for woe boxes or ranked potions is less than what it would cost to buy the boxes. Because let's face it, the time will come and not many people have bottomless pockets or infinite patience.

#105 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

Currently donating to WP $10 USD=1100 silvervine @ 2.4m ea (current lowest ragial) = 26.4mil for $10 USD

Zeny buyers $1 USD for 10mil...so 100mil for $10 USD... 4 times your value and no one is being "suspended" or banned for buying corrupt zeny...

Edited by Shanedude, 28 November 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#106 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

2.4M ea / 100 SV? Lol. Do you even check ragial? That price was 2-3 days ago.

And i'm not defending WP Staff, but they are definitely banning some of em. I know a couple of people who got banned because of it.

#107 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

The price of SV went up 4M+ yesterday night in a matter of like 30 mins. 

#108 HueHueQQ

HueHueQQ

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

Need raffle ... but GMs will put in more costume boxes ...

#109 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

so in other words if one wants to completely destroy this server, all he has to do is make a bot farm and with that zenny buy every silvervine in sale.

seriously, we need intervension from the GM ASAP in this market isue (never tought i would ask for goverment medling in the free market)

#110 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

Wow yeah dyslexia there...not 2.4m but 4.2m+.so donating gets you about 1/2 the zeny then buying from bots. Will it stop around the same price eventually, 7-8mil per 100 Silver Box?

@4.2mil per 100 box it makes a kp potion box cost 210k ea. 

And as I finish typing 4.4mil is the lowest oy.

#111 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

It gets close to 5mil over night while people are asleep and can't restock.

I'm of the opinion that the true value of 100 Silvervine Box = 1/10 Raydric card. Price of Raydric card keeps going up due to supply and demand. Everyone wants to convert 900kp into Ray for their new or future Amistr Bag.

That being said, I do see a lot of aggressive buyout and repricing going on. Are the stupid rich bot masters directly involved in this? Almost certainly. But with the price increasing this quickly, there are certainly many normal players attempting to play the unstable market for profit, too.

Additionally, there seems to be something of a silvervine panic going on. The price increased 200% over the weekend. Anyone involved in buying them up stands to make a hefty profit. The buying out of all lower priced silvervine only drives the price and hence returns up. Are the bot masters behind this? Well they are certainly rich enough to be, and have the motivation to do so. (If they can double their money, they can reduce the price the sell z for.) But there's other rich players as well... like those who've bough z through RMT. Or those who are just legitimately rich.

I'm actually of the opinion all this will come crashing down, so it might be best to convert you silvervines into Z now or soon. It would benefit the bot masters / gold sellers the most if they could massively increase their money, reducing their selling price (Could they have afforded to sell Z for 10mil = $1 previously?).... then flood the market with cheap silvervine to drive the price of Silvervine 100 back down... Thus widening the gap between the amount of Z you can get through RMT vs KP. I think for a lot of players, the idea of $10 = 1 Raydric Card isn't so bad, and therefore don't bother considering going through RMT to get one for $3. In fact, when I first joined the server I predicted Raydric would be valued at $20 USD. But what if it did cost the equivalent of $20 or even $30 USD to buy a ray card, but only $5 USD through the gold sellers to do so? That could be their end goal.

Finally, I'd be remiss not to mention that Elu prices factor into to all this, and how easily bottable it is.

Edited by Xerain, 28 November 2017 - 02:38 PM.

#112 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Looks like we're getting our raffle for all of December, so it's at least that.

#113 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Raffle....Cool. Because people who are selling IGC for real cash care about a f***ing raffle. They don't.

#114 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

raffle is good if they actually cut off the source of the problem, the bots, which they wont so it'll be a very temporary fix. 

#115 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Quite frankly if i would be making an MMO today, I wouldn't add any currency. Only trade in items.

Diablo 2, ladder reset is on December 12th.

#116 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

It gets close to 5mil over night while people are asleep and can't restock.

I'm of the opinion that the true value of 100 Silvervine Box = 1/10 Raydric card. Price of Raydric card keeps going up due to supply and demand. Everyone wants to convert 900kp into Ray for their new or future Amistr Bag.

That being said, I do see a lot of aggressive buyout and repricing going on. Are the stupid rich bot masters directly involved in this? Almost certainly. But with the price increasing this quickly, there are certainly many normal players attempting to play the unstable market for profit, too.

Additionally, there seems to be something of a silvervine panic going on. The price increased 200% over the weekend. Anyone involved in buying them up stands to make a hefty profit. The buying out of all lower priced silvervine only drives the price and hence returns up. Are the bot masters behind this? Well they are certainly rich enough to be, and have the motivation to do so. (If they can double their money, they can reduce the price the sell z for.) But there's other rich players as well... like those who've bough z through RMT. Or those who are just legitimately rich.

I'm actually of the opinion all this will come crashing down, so it might be best to convert you silvervines into Z now or soon. It would benefit the bot masters / gold sellers the most if they could massively increase their money, reducing their selling price (Could they have afforded to sell Z for 10mil = $1 previously?).... then flood the market with cheap silvervine to drive the price of Silvervine 100 back down... Thus widening the gap between the amount of Z you can get through RMT vs KP. I think for a lot of players, the idea of $10 = 1 Raydric Card isn't so bad, and therefore don't bother considering going through RMT to get one for $3. In fact, when I first joined the server I predicted Raydric would be valued at $20 USD. But what if it did cost the equivalent of $20 or even $30 USD to buy a ray card, but only $5 USD through the gold sellers to do so? That could be their end goal.

Finally, I'd be remiss not to mention that Elu prices factor into to all this, and how easily bottable it is.

I backup this statement completely, it is tempting for certain players to buy gold over transferring KP to Zenny since the rate is so sub-par compared to the ones goldsellers are selling. But then we go back in round with the argument Ban Zenny Spammers -> Cannot Ban -> They Advertise themselves -> People Buy Zenny -> Inflates the Market -> Back to Case 1

Nipping it in the bud doesn't work anymore. If people are botting the server and zenny spammers are finding an incentive to advertise/bot the server that means that there is inherent value in doing it. I do not want to start another complaint about the situation case, but I think we can all establish that as long as the source is not dealt with, we cannot circumvent any further. Unless a Zenny sink is planned, we will keep on facing insane inflation.

Their rates went from 15USD for 100m to 11USD for 100m, this should be alarming as it indicates a rise in Zenny currency being traded for real life currency meaning its profitable/efficient enough for them to sell it to players. Barring the fact that they "ensure the player will not get banned" if no punishment is given to zenny buyers its the same policy as making Jaywalking illegal, if there is no enforcement everyone will jaywalk. Similar to spitting in public in certain countries, no enforcement means that the policy is just a figurehead policy.

You guys HAVE to fix this, otherwise it will tip into a state where the only reverse engine possible is a clean wipe. And I can assure that an official server that wipes is no different from a corrupt private server, for your own sake, you guys have to deal with the problem in one way or the other. It is pointless to play a waiting game and hoping the players will tolerate the conditions they play in. One example will be the better service from Singapore's Restart Server, Singaporean players have no incentive into continuing here given the fact that they are already established. Of course this can be to lag-free environment but also this indicates that people think there are greener pastures aside from iRO.

Look lets talk about the elephant in the room... Japan Ragnarok Online and Korean Ragnarok Online have such a good reputation that people are willing to ask their Korean/Japanese friend to verify and play on those servers. jRO is still subscription-based, it makes players want to pay to play on their server because of their outstanding service. You guys were up-to-date over private servers at one point and iRO was deemed unbottable, but you guys let go but you guys had a great run at one point. The whole botting forum was in an outrage because iRO couldn't be botted.

So I am asking you, why did you guys give up? Why can't we have the same service as they do? Why don't we see any visible efforts being made from management's part? The topic of bot-hunting team was still left unanswered... How can you guys do that to your loyal customers? This is disrespectful to your customer-base and gives us the feeling that you literally told us to go take a walk and leave it be...

#117 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Edited by Bazzz, 28 November 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#118 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Tossing some oil onto the fire, Singapore RO is not "popularbotprogramname" compatible, lol they have to use something else

#119 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

GG topic going to be locked soon. 

#120 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Bet ya the liason went: "Oh boi, first day of work and I gotta deal with this" and went out for a smoke break until the shift ended

The truth is out there, we want something done, how long do you expect people to live on silvervine inflation? Until they get enraged? You wouldn't want that in this day and age, we made a choice to come here expecting a good latency and service. While the former may be based on the individual the latter is a problem we all agree on.

#121 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

No idea how the liason is supposed to help with the server. If he's just to answer tickets and why the tickets were dealt with in a certain way and not the way we thought it would be, don't see it being that much of a help. 

I quote

Hello everyone!

I am GM Liaison Xealot, and while I am new to posting here, I have been following the forums closely and am familiar with the issues players have been facing. I know many of you may have issues regarding the tickets you are submitting to Warp Portal Support and I will try my best to clarify and ensure that your issues are handled properly and promptly. I want to make sure that everyone's voices and opinions are heard. 

I hope together that we can all make Midgard a more fun and adventurous place!

Erm... okay? So you want to talk about why your ticket system is failing so badly and we as players have to waste even more time explaining? Thanks but, no thanks.

Seems as though they're just introducing something to distract us from the main problem. 

#122 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

There's visible voices and opinions about botting issues on the forums and every announcement thread and now it's popping up in community chat /heh

But there is an impeding feeling that the answer will be that they are waiting on Korean HQ

#123 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

No idea how the liason is supposed to help with the server. If he's just to answer tickets and why the tickets were dealt with in a certain way and not the way we thought it would be, don't see it being that much of a help.

I quote

Erm... okay? So you want to talk about why your ticket system is failing so badly and we as players have to waste even more time explaining? Thanks but, no thanks.

Seems as though they're just introducing something to distract us from the main problem.

1 I have same questions
2 Totally agree with ur second statement

#124 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

The main problem WP has is lack of communication. All they need to do is actually reply to these threads with their plan of action and they could calm a lot of people down.

Unless, of course, there IS no viable plan of action.

#125 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

IMO hunting the bots themselves is worthless, as it relates to helping the economy. Instead of hunting the individual bots as WP has been doing (I appreciate the effort), WP needs to hunt the bot owners. Ban their main and mule accounts. That is a surefire way to remove mass amounts of zeny from the economy. Hunting the owners can't be done in game, really. It has to be done by investigating logs. Hunting the individual bots themselves is worthless (Still appreciate the effort, but you need to change your strategy, WP)....Bot owners are provisioning and running bots at a massive scale. Their programs and scripts will beat your bot team's fingers every. single. time. WP can't keep up, and it's obvious. Instead of chopping the heads off the snakes, they're doing band-aid fixes in an effort to keep the community happy. But the truth is, band-aid fixes are temporary and don't help the economy whatsoever, they're only a minor nuisance to the people destroying the economy. 

But that requires tedious effort and funding, we don't have that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users