November 15th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 15th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

73 replies to this topic

#51 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Overpricing is killing the server !!!!

#52 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

woe blue potions are still 10 weight. unless you only ment regular blue potions

This is correct, normal blue potions are 5 weight, woe blue potions are 10 weight.

Edit: I have confirmed that both woe blues and woe whites were increased to match ranked normal counterparts.

Edited by VModSoup, 15 November 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#53 Dunnow

Dunnow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

woe blue potions are still 10 weight. unless you only ment regular blue potions

woe blue potions are still healing the same amount sp, unless you ment just woe white potions

woe white potions dont seem to be healing more on my crusader.

so this maint was just unbinding skele pets and a costume box. sweet.

??? 

#54 P3litez

P3litez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcedence

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

In my perception the WoE Pots continue to heal the same value as before the update, ie the update did not correct the pots problem.

Has anyone had the same perception?

#55 JennHeumann

JennHeumann

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

HELPPPPP

So I load the patch client and everything updates.. and then there are a few small windows that pop up and say GM data unpacking error, but I click ok and continue to update.. and I go to log on, and when I do, it patches and says patch completed, and I click play.. the little windows loading circle spins, and then nothing. So frustrating... How do I fix this and get back online? :( any help is greatly appreciated!

#56 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

For some reason this update removed a lot of lag for me, or perhaps it's just because not all of the bots have logged back in yet.

#57 2076171006134533343

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

For some reason this update removed a lot of lag for me, or perhaps it's just because not all of the bots have logged back in yet.

I just logged back in and there are just 1.2k players. We have an average of 4k last week. That means approximately 3k bot players. Assuming they are all banned and cannot login. lol

#58 Coderie

Coderie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

I just logged back in and there are just 1.2k players. We have an average of 4k last week. That means approximately 3k bot players. Assuming they are all banned and cannot login. lol

Wow that sounds great, hope they stay banned.

#59 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

In my perception the WoE Pots continue to heal the same value as before the update, ie the update did not correct the pots problem.

Has anyone had the same perception?

Hi, I replied to someone else on this issue in another thread:

Hello!  :p_idea:

I checked with the production team on your concern. They ensured me that the database was double checked and woe potions are healing the same as their ranked counterparts.

The fish healing event might have thrown off what you remember the woe pots healing for.

Edited by VModSoup, 16 November 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#60 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Wow that sounds great, hope they stay banned.

I assume they aren't banned, but just can't login until the bot program gets updated. This happens every time the bot protection gets changed slightly, and it usually doesn't take long for them to be back.

If I'm wrong and the GMs did go on a banning spree, that would be better though :P

#61 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

I assume they aren't banned, but just can't login until the bot program gets updated. This happens every time the bot protection gets changed slightly, and it usually doesn't take long for them to be back.

If I'm wrong and the GMs did go on a banning spree, that would be better though :P

Hopefully a little bit of both :)

#62 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

So may I know, where is this anti bot shield? Or has works been stopped? Or is the anti bot shield just "updating packets every maintenance that works only for 1 day and after that too bad you're going to have to live with bots another week"?

#63 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

So may I know, where is this anti bot shield? Or has works been stopped? Or is the anti bot shield just "updating packets every maintenance that works only for 1 day and after that too bad you're going to have to live with bots another week"?

Thats exactly it.

#64 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

Can there be something done about the bots? it's really annoying getting spammed by them, I can't even have a normal discussion in one of the most nostalgic town. the bots can bypass the same word / phrase by adding / replacing numbers.

At this point some people could be buying zeny from them just to get them to stop spamming, i understand banning bots / gold sellers would reduce the player base greatly but i find it better off getting rid of them to prevent players from quitting or encourage players to return.

I don't feel like purchasing kp with all these bots roaming free and annoying me daily..

Edited by Kerbera, 18 November 2017 - 11:23 PM.

#65 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Can there be something done about the bots? it's really annoying getting spammed by them, I can't even have a normal discussion in one of the most nostalgic town. the bots can bypass the same word / phrase by adding / replacing numbers.

At this point some people could be buying zeny from them just to get them to stop spamming, i understand banning bots / gold sellers would reduce the player base greatly but i find it better off getting rid of them to prevent players from quitting or encourage players to return.

I don't feel like purchasing kp with all these bots roaming free and annoying me daily..

Hello,

To block the spam please check this guide, should you need help with the settings to send me or any of the active VMods a PM.

Thank you.

#66 TestingROO

TestingROO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

hello,

i found out that there is a forum for botters, and they have a section for our server too, there are a lot people complaining, that they are getting banned over and over again  :D

but some people show-off that they didnt got banned yet...

unfortunately they are alot of bot members there... i think that the admins need to know more about our enemys to find out their weaknesses to purge them.

they are also talking about, that they use different ips to create a account, isnt there a solution to find out their main ip and ban all accs of them and ip ban for about 6 month? that would be a pleasure

#67 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:44 AM

enmasse autobans accounts that changes ip frequently, i wonder if that would be effective on ragnarok, it certainly is effective for enmasse :o

#68 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

15 year and this game can't deal with bots. I mean, do you guys even have the slightest care of where the server is going? 

Edited by rhexis, 19 November 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#69 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Could we get a packet change every maintenance? At least it kills the bots for a couple of days

#70 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Could we get a packet change every maintenance? At least it kills the bots for a couple of days

Imo, they could have a mini-patch every 2 days with a packet change only, that would radically help with them bots. But that would also require a server maintenance each time I guess.

Edited by Morlord, 19 November 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#71 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Imo, they could have a mini-patch every 2 days with a packet change only, that would radically help with them bots. But that would also require a server maintenance each time I guess.

That's a good idea, wouldn't mind frequent maintenances if it gets rid of the bots. Since they are contribution-based (And working for free) its bound to get rid of a couple of them eventually

#72 Synnyter

Synnyter

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Will warpportal have black friday? 

#73 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Will warpportal have black friday?

I just asked the staff about this and they said there will be some kind of Black Friday sales event. No details yet but keep an eye open!

#74 nevielin

nevielin

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:35 PM

cant access the premium top-up page? is the website down?

i want to premium up my account.

OOppss It was just lag! Sorry! Im now able to top up premium.

Edited by nevielin, 20 November 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users