MVP Looting for Camp/magus - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

MVP Looting for Camp/magus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#26 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

For data mining purposes, is the MvP looting concern specific to certain MvPs or is it general?

From what I have gathered, certain MvPs can "provoke" users to be "creative" and or "malicious" to win/loot.

Without being dramatic, please share your input, it may help the staff to check this properly with the studio.

#27 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Its pretty much in general. Some are worse then others, theres a thread about amon ra which is prob the most griefed mvp out there.

What really annoys me with this system is for example:

A player finds the mvp before me, gets a hit on it. I find the mvp right after and outplay the competition. Ends up with me "winning" (losing). 

"Congratulations! You are the MVP! Your reward EXP  Points are28314 aquired!"

"Cant pick that item up"

"Cant pick that item up"

"Cant pick that item up"

The guy that tagged it rolls in with his fresh amistr bag and greeds the loot up.

It just does not make any sence to me, in my book that is griefing.

So my question stands, is the only solution for me to ignore this and accept it for what it is like many people are suggesting?

And just start to grief and play dirty to get what im actually mvping for?

That is NOT Ragnarok for me. 

And I know theres alot of haters out there who disagree's with me. Fact is you guys never even mvp.

From reading Mr.Blues comment I can only shake my head. Maybe your random char does infact lose to a pure leeched char for the purpose of killing MVPs, ever tought of that? Anyone can make a MVP char.

#28 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

You realize its too early for them still? lol  I still believe the first hit gets it.    No reason to MvP on anything else other than a Monk if it goes by damage.   I'm not in the mood to leech a monk to 99 just so I can MvP.     Granted I forget to half the time anyways but still.  

Yo do understand that a naked lv 80 hunter does the job and beats most monks right? Or that a well geared knight wins with heavy comp? Its not all about the damage. Its about who gets to the MVP first. Even if its by tank damage or damage/combination.

MVP = loot. 

Edited by evotec, 21 November 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#29 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

Yo do understand that a naked lv 80 hunter does the job and beats most monks right? Or that a well geared knight wins with heavy comp? Its not all about the damage. Its about who gets to the MVP first. Even if its by tank damage or damage/combination.

MVP = loot. 

I see that as part of the challenge of MVPing, and the purpose of having MVP scouting groups. I guess I'm old fashioned like that.

But if a change were to come to the mvping system it would need to include more than just "Who did the most damage" but I feel a system like that is near impossible to implement. Would love some staff input on this last part though.

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

While first hit does have a big impact, it isnt the sole defining factor on determining the loot priority. If you outdamage the person in question (in "loot points")you will get the loot priority.

#31 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

MVP = loot. 

I have a well geared knight.   When a Monk rolls up with a lexing Priest kinda hard to get the MVP still.  EDIT:  I've not been out MvPed by a monk without a lexing priest yet, but I forget half the time to keep an eye on the spawn.   Busy leveling something or farming anymore.    I do want to level up a hunter sometime.   I have no clue whats best for MvP wise with one tho.   Never played a hunter back in classic.   All I played was a blacksmith back then and I'm not out MVPing anyone on one of those lol

Edited by bigcfromrbc, 21 November 2017 - 04:33 AM.

#32 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

Unfortunately the system is working as intended so I'm not sure there is anything they can fix.

#33 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

Kindly stay on topic, derail and flame-baiting past this point will not be tolerated and this goes both ways.

2 posts have been purged.

#34 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:18 AM

Kindly stay on topic, derail and flame-baiting past this point will not be tolerated and this goes both ways.
2 posts have been purged.

My post was on topic, the system is working as intended as it has in the past. And the fact of the matter is the OP wants a system changed because he doesn't know how it works. It was already explained by ashuckle and the topic should be closed

#35 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

The CMs have more to worry about than a system that is working as intended. Don't waste their time because you keep getting outplayed

But is it really working as intended? I know you keep saying it, any facts? Any links where I can read up on it? Thats what im trying to get an answer to.

Is not GM's supposed to answer those questions? It's def not a time waste for me who only plays this game for mvping and are wondering what really goes.

[Snip]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 November 2017 - 05:21 AM.
Mod Edit: That was unnecessary.

#36 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

But is it really working as intended? I know you keep saying it, any facts? Any links where I can read up on it? Thats what im trying to get an answer to.
Is not GM's supposed to answer those questions? It's def not a time waste for me who only plays this game for mvping and are wondering what really goes.

[Snip]

Just read up, ashuckle alrdy explained it, if u dig deeper in restart forums there were other ppl that tested it. Ashuckle is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to renewal mechanics, while he's not a god, he is RNGesus and the info he provides is solid

#37 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

Forgot to reply yesterday, sorry.

The way loot and MVP work right now, is the way the game works and there is nothing the staff can do to change it. However, they are going to bring this up to the studio, letting them know the current loot priority system is causing issues in our community, because of how much weight first hit has.

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 21 November 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#38 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:41 AM

I dont doubt Ashuckle at all. Its what Ive heard aswell from people thats really into mechanics of the game.

Ive never in my 10ish year on chaos had a problem with this tho, and on Odin I have problems with this daily.

Sure if it is what it alwz was in the past, maybe its time for change? Maybe it does not work for odin?

And it provokes alot of faul gameplay, where griefing is the way to go for the loot. Is that how we want to have it?

If you compare with say a 100m sprint, the purpose is not to win the race by beein fastest instead you trip people to win.

I was really hoping for campitor to step up and clearify things. As I stated in the first post there was some suggestions that was very interesting a few months ago by him.

This did not turn out the way I hoped anyways. My intention was not to fight ppl from whats right or wrong rather to understand where RO is at this point.

#39 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

While first hit does have a big impact, it isnt the sole defining factor on determining the loot priority. If you outdamage the person in question (in "loot points")you will get the loot priority.

/thread

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Not fond of repeating notices and warnings, but please read this carefully. If the flame-baiting continued then the posting accounts will be handled appropriately.

Number of posts had to go.

This topic is on timeout for 1 hour, I will reopen it once the time is up. 

​Thank you for understanding.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 November 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

This same discussion came up when Classic was opened. Players like myself from old chaos abide by MVPer gets the loot rules, but newer players or those from other servers would go by "if I can loot it, it's mines"

Basically I don't mvp because of it anymore. It's too much drama.

But to think about it another way, the loot happens that way because of the way normal loot priority is set to discourage Killstealing on normal mobs. If you MVP you still get the special prize from the mvp loot table. So you ARE getting your mvp reward and maybe, just maybe the person who found it first deserves a participation prize? You can always rob them of it by doing more damage than them anyway. (I think first hit gives you only 5% loot priority)

Basically if you think about it like that, it's not too bad. Perhaps the MVP reward table needs updating, not the entire game changing because of some obscure unspoken community rule from a decade ago.  

#42 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

I don't see any problem with the system now--it's working as intended. However, I think it would be a good idea to switch some of the junk MVP rewards with the drops.

#43 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

When you dumpster a party of .. mvpers on the regular at Amon ra but lose loot priority because they do 10 damage with a freezing trap, and watch multiple OCAs go to the losing party, I'll accept anything any of you thinking it's "working as intended". Thank you VMods for your responses, I look forward to some mvp loot table changes in the future.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 November 2017 - 09:01 AM.
Mod Edit: Edited post, let's keep it general :)

#44 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

This same discussion came up when Classic was opened. Players like myself from old chaos abide by MVPer gets the loot rules, but newer players or those from other servers would go by "if I can loot it, it's mines"

Basically I don't mvp because of it anymore. It's too much drama.

But to think about it another way, the loot happens that way because of the way normal loot priority is set to discourage Killstealing on normal mobs. If you MVP you still get the special prize from the mvp loot table. So you ARE getting your mvp reward and maybe, just maybe the person who found it first deserves a participation prize? You can always rob them of it by doing more damage than them anyway. (I think first hit gives you only 5% loot priority)

Basically if you think about it like that, it's not too bad. Perhaps the MVP reward table needs updating, not the entire game changing because of some obscure unspoken community rule from a decade ago.

Sadly if your damage is anywhere close to your opponents you will lose every time without first hit. Don't get it twisted I think all it needs is a rework of the MVP tag loot table and people can loot all the Elus they want from each other.

#45 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

For data mining purposes, is the MvP looting concern specific to certain MvPs or is it general?
From what I have gathered, certain MvPs can "provoke" users to be "creative" and or "malicious" to win/loot.

Without being dramatic, please share your input, it may help the staff to check this properly with the studio.

My issues are with Amon. It is grief fest 2017 and couple that with a certain group which feels the need to no delay on multiple Hunters plus freeze trap on the tomb non stop, it can get extremely frustrating

#46 xepherian

xepherian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

BUMP

Alright its tuesday. That "not in the office" comment no longer stands.

Lets get an official answer.

It's also a very short holiday work week and I'm sure they have a lot of things in their queue. A lot of people in a lot of dynamic work forces are scrambling to do as much as they can. Give them until next week. I'd be very surprised to see some word this week.

It also doesn't help that your tone has hints of hostility. It's best to attract bees with honey instead of vinegar.

Edited by xepherian, 21 November 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#47 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

Sadly if your damage is anywhere close to your opponents you will lose every time without first hit. Don't get it twisted I think all it needs is a rework of the MVP tag loot table and people can loot all the Elus they want from each other.

Thats is one of the biggest problems I have aswell. Say damage is 60/40 and the other person has gotten the first hit = cant loot. So it dsnt really mather if you win or lose if its close.

And if it was possible to re-work the tag loot table it would solve most of the problems.

Also im aware that my tone has hints of hostility, im sorry for that. Never been my intention to be rude about it. But the salt grows day by day from my side even tho I hate to admit it.

And Xellie is also right, its impossible to demand "sportmanship" due to some unspoken rule that never apperently existed. 

I'd just hate to grief myself, I dont like it one bit.

#48 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

Sportsmanship is a thing of the past.   To be honest setting traps on the spawn isn't entirely fair.   Never done that MVP and don't plan on it.   Too much HP for my knight.   If no delay is being used that should be handled as well by the GM team.

#49 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Of course, its being used.

#50 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:42 AM

Just one question?

Are DBs disabled on the MvP map you guys are talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users