December 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

378 replies to this topic

#51 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

At no point does any user have to pay to have protection from breaking with refining. It is an option we are making available through multiple means so that all can take advantage of the system.

Enough of the corporate double talk. Yes the option exists but HD ores are available through the cash shop too and will no doubt be widely used.

It's like saying the Amistr Bag was available for no cost, but obviously if you wanted a +9 you are no doubt going to use either silvervine or kafra points. That's being quite dishonest or clueless. I'm not sure which is worse.

Also this is an incredibly damaging system that very few people want. Safe upgrades should not exist. Gear breaking is one of the few item sinks left. Isn't milking the customer base through enriched ores and refine events enough?

If I wasn't at work I'd find the post you made before the server opened which said something along the lines of not selling broken crap in the kafra shop. Guess that ship has sailed, huh?

I have no words left. I don't know why I thought this server would be any different. It's like you never learn from past mistakes.

I strongly recommend you reconsider this entire garbage update or you are going to see that a lot of people have had enough.

Edited by Hrishi, 05 December 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#52 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

come on camp, these are dumb, if HD ores are available to use, it will be stupid for people not to use it. you know it yourself. you can say, they dont have to use it, but you out of all people KNOW that they will use it. have you seen renewal server yet? you really want to kill a server that isnt even a year old? trans hasnt even come out yet. zeny value is ridicilous, there are community suggestions that are constantly ignored. 

#53 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

I have no idea why I expected this server to be any different. Safe over-upgrades is the worst idea I've ever seen.

You first introduce an upgrading event which people use to upgrade their gear to +9. THEN you introduce an amistr bag (that is account bound) with a +9 refine bonus and everyone spends time/money getting +9s on multiple accounts. And THEN you introduce safe upgrades after +4? 

What a joke.

EDIT - Also, let me add that Rideword hat requires an item from Lord of Death but is available for 600 KPs? Who's actually going to do the in game quest? People will either buy it with Silvervine or KPs. 

Edited by Kailash, 05 December 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#54 Telf

Telf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Price of HD ores and 

can we use them together with Enriched Ores?

#55 tehPope

tehPope

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

By far the worst update you could have imagined, please reconsider for the sake of the server.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

That is the goal of having the Strong Hammer. Should any piece of gear ever become silly cheap than we will see users burn gear instead of the HD ores. We believe will act to keep gear prices more stable than would otherwise be possible in a renewal setting. Since we have some very smart people that will figure out if it's cheaper to use HDs or Gear at any particular point in time and then use that to turn a profit.

I think eat gear was a better implementation of that kind of thing. That allowed for all sorts of gear to be burned. 

#57 Ascar91

Ascar91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Restart

Enough of the corporate double talk. Yes the option exists but HD ores are available through the cash shop too and will no doubt be widely used.

It's like saying the Amistr Bag was available for no cost, but obviously if you wanted a +9 you are no doubt going to use either silvervine or kafra points. That's being quite dishonest or clueless. I'm not sure which is worse.

Also this is an incredibly damaging system that very few people want. Safe upgrades should not exist. Gear breaking is one of the few item sinks left. Isn't milking the customer base through enriched ores and refine events enough?

If I wasn't at work I'd find the post you made before the server opened which said something along the lines of not selling broken crap in the kafra shop. Guess that ship has sailed, huh?

Hah! Please find that statement so we can all have a big laugh about it! Thanks :)

#58 Xult

Xult

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for creating highly upgraded equipment.

These extra micro transactions are a tried and true way to generate revenue and foster good will, as they have been the defining strategy of legendary companies like EA.

#59 icesplash

icesplash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

You can't kill what is already dead. - WarpPortal   :waddle:

#60 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yo this is the most retarded update ive ever seen. If you think that the player base will survive after this then you are soooo wrong. Upgrading is fun because you risk a item and if its successful then its a great feeling, if it fails well it sucks but you wanna try again (it gives you something to work towards to). If you put this weak ass safe refine -_- into the game then RIP. Nobody ever asked for this, you are only doing this to make some quick money and just kill the server all together

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for creating highly upgraded equipment.

These extra micro transactions are a tried and true way to generate revenue and foster good will, as they have been the defining strategy of legendary companies like EA.

You can't compare it to EA, RO is free, not an $80 base game! 

#62 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Out of all the content updates you pick the most money-grabbing one?....

#63 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

might aswell put MCA in kafra shop, while u at it, add lucky box that gives you 100 bloody branch. oh and ninja put gtb card back to the server aswell

#64 icesplash

icesplash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Not with that attitude. - campitor probably

#65 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

It's a renewal server, I have nothing but cash shop expectations from it. On the otherhand, the item breaking cushion between 4 and 7 provided an out for gear so that it didn't just build up in the database. 

I was honestly on the wall with that particular change. We will strike it from the NPC for Mighty.

#66 ibor

ibor

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

should have made the rideword hat or any ingame event itemto be accessible to everyone and the items needed be locked from being stored in the storage and trade between players during the event promotion but salable to an npc shop.  

#67 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

You can compare EA and WP tho. They only care about making money and dont care about how the players feel (it will be confirmed if they go on with this update)

#68 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

I have no idea why I expected this server to be any different. Safe over-upgrades is the worst idea I've ever seen.

You first introduce an upgrading event which people use to upgrade their gear to +9. THEN you introduce an amistr bag (that is account bound) with a +9 refine bonus and everyone spends time/money getting +9s on multiple accounts. And THEN you introduce safe upgrades after +4? 

What a joke.

EDIT - Also, let me add that Rideword hat requires an item from Lord of Death but is available for 600 KPs? Who's actually going to do the in game quest? People will either buy it with Silvervine or KPs. 

Fair Point we will make some other MVP alternatives for Lord of Death and Tablets..

#70 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

I was honestly on the wall with that particular change. We will strike it from the NPC for Mighty.

Have you ever thought about, you know, asking the community more than a day ahead about these dumb things you keep adding? Hell, make a damn poll to get an idea how many people absolutely hate the choices you're making.

It's funny how community suggestions are so much better than WP's because hey guess what, apparently we all care more about the server than the company running it - or rather, they only care about making money from it and nothing else.

#71 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Camp, most people will quit if you implement safe refine.  Do you really want to lose a lot of players?  Just put the safe refine when we get 3rd class update.  Please reconsider before you kill the server.

Edited by Lilp, 05 December 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#72 Ascar91

Ascar91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Restart

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Well EA gave us a good looking game tho. Imagine the next thing you get is Soul-Linker but only with the KP super summer deal! 1k KP or 1 Kiel Card :)

#73 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Well my questions are the next:

Since the quest and kafra shop Bags will be remove, you can finally made tradeable and vend-able? (and of course made acount bound when the event come again)

Will be more quest for gain Silvervines? i tired of Mini-boss ones

Since the upgrade event will be a "must be", then mean will be a box of HDs from kafra shop as well enriched ones?

How about the Chrismas event? any guide? info?

#74 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Do we get Biolabs then? OR NAH? GIVE US SOMETHING GOOD BESIDES THE BLUE FUR BEANIE.

#75 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

QFT

Edited by senpa1, 05 December 2017 - 07:21 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users