December 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 4 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

378 replies to this topic

#76 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

Fair Point we will make some other MVP alternatives for Lord of Death and Tablets..

Why can't you just make an NPC that exchanges various MVP item drops for a special currency that we can use to make the hat? That way it can be used for future quests as well. Example: 1 Piece of Shield=1 point, 1 Tiger's Footskin=2 points, etc. There needs to be options from all MVPs.

#77 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Well my questions are the next:

Since the quest and kafra shop Bags will be remove, you can finally made tradeable and vend-able? (and of course made acount bound when the event come again)
Will be more quest for gain Silvervines? i tired of Mini-boss ones
Since the upgrade event will be a "must be", then mean will be a box of HDs from kafra shop as well enriched ones?
How about the Chrismas event? any guide? info?

Server gonna die before that Christmas event. Alot of people will just charge back and use that money to buy themselves christmas gifts, thats the event.

#78 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Why can't you just make an NPC that exchanges various MVP item drops for a special currency that we can use to make the hat? That way it can be used for future quests as well. Example: 1 Piece of Shield=1 point, 1 Tiger's Footskin=2 points, etc. There needs to be options from all MVPs.

best idea ive heard

#79 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

I'm ok with the company making money. The game is 17 years old, dunno why people are so upset. If you don't like the changes you do not need to use them.

*tips hat* 

#80 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla
  • Server:Odin

Desocketing? Neat I guess?

As far as the safe upgrading. Can we not?

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Enough of the corporate double talk. Yes the option exists but HD ores are available through the cash shop too and will no doubt be widely used.

It's like saying the Amistr Bag was available for no cost, but obviously if you wanted a +9 you are no doubt going to use either silvervine or kafra points. That's being quite dishonest or clueless. I'm not sure which is worse.

Also this is an incredibly damaging system that very few people want. Safe upgrades should not exist. Gear breaking is one of the few item sinks left. Isn't milking the customer base through enriched ores and refine events enough?

If I wasn't at work I'd find the post you made before the server opened which said something along the lines of not selling broken crap in the kafra shop. Guess that ship has sailed, huh?

I have no words left. I don't know why I thought this server would be any different. It's like you never learn from past mistakes.

I strongly recommend you reconsider this entire garbage update or you are going to see that a lot of people have had enough.

The statement I made was trying to communicate that, We are trying to get the focus to be more on service sales a rather than making every new headgear and item come from a lucky random box with the RESTART server. 

#82 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

That's actually a pretty decent idea. If only WP had come up with that themselves.

#83 Ascar91

Ascar91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Restart

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Oh I wish the server would walk hand in hand and just dont use this system. This is so bad and makes me wanna quit for good. :(

#84 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for creating highly upgraded equipment.

These extra micro transactions are a tried and true way to generate revenue and foster good will, as they have been the defining strategy of legendary companies like EA.

LOL

#85 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

I like that. I like that a lot. I don't really have a free currency item laying around at this time. But we can script something like that for the exchange and then request a currency for the future.

#86 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

I like that. I like that a lot.

Do it! Just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow. So just do it! Make your dreams come true! Just do it! Some people dream of success, while you're gonna wake up and work hard at it! Nothing is impossible! You should get to the point where anyone else would quit, and you're not gonna stop there! No, what are you waiting for? Do it! Just do it! Yes you can! Just do it.

If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!

#87 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

I like that. I like that a lot. I don't really have a free currency item laying around at this time. But we can script something like that for the exchange and then request a currency for the future.

Can you use brownie points?

#88 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Yes because I don't plan to need boxter. 

#89 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Only if you provide actual brownies for all of us to enjoy.  :ok:

#90 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

The statement I made was trying to communicate that, We are trying to get the focus to be more on service sales a rather than making every new headgear and item come from a lucky random box with the RESTART server. 

Which is fine as long as it doesn't cause havoc with the economy every week. Normally I enjoy observing how online economies develop but in this case, everything hinges on what hare-brained idea is going into the following maintenance. Upgrades might not matter so much for base gears but we're now getting kafra headgears every week with bonuses for specific upgrades.

So the services you sell (refining) is now mandatory. Yes, the option exists to not spend money but realistically that cannot be a competitive option. You have to either buy it with kafra points or silvervine, and the latter of which comes from real money as well. The system to "earn" silvervine is a joke.

Not to mention, your statement is demonstrably false. A lot of power gear come from the kafra shop now. Amistr Bag, Skull Cap, Kafra Dolls, Rideword Hat to name a few. All this came from silvervine, which translates into real money. Instead of allowing actual gameplay to reward you with the best gear, your wallet does it.

So now we're at a place where every week people are forced to spend money to remain competitive. Yes, that can be in the form of zeny, but SOMEBODY is still spending money. I prefer allowing people to WANT to spend money on a game, rather than forcing people to do so. The former makes people happy that they're supporting a game they love. The latter leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths because they feel forced into this position.

It's too bad. A game this old still has a loyal fanbase that's willing to overlook some flaws in the monetary model, but WP really enjoys trying to push it every single week.

Edited by Hrishi, 05 December 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#91 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Yes because I don't plan to need boxter. 

then do it!!

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 05 December 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#92 oddjob

oddjob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Restart

This 1 million times over. End of discussion.

#93 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Thanks for the reminder, Amon - when (if ever) are we finally getting more ingame ways to obtain SV? Considering they're an alternative for spending actual money, making them easier to get without either real money or zeny would help a lot, especially for new players who currently can't afford them at all.

#94 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

You failed to keep your promise again, Camp.

Campitor, on 29 Aug 2017 - 1:07 PM, said:snapback.png

Making MVPing Rewarding:
In general we want to also increase the desirability of these monsters for everyday hunting. So what we're planning is:

• Use MVP drops to start crafting certain headgears without a silvervine requirement.

Campitor, on 28 Nov 2017 - 2:26 PM, said:snapback.png

• Week 2
  • Rideword Hat Event Starts
  • Rideword hat will be made available this month as a questing reward. It will use MVP Items as the quest requirement They will also be available through the cash shop during the same period.
  •  

:dunno:

#95 Whoatemynovaa

Whoatemynovaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

E X P O S E D

#96 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Which is fine as long as it doesn't cause havoc with the economy every week. Normally I enjoy observing how online economies develop but in this case, everything hinges on what hare-brained idea is going into the following maintenance. Upgrades might not matter so much for base gears but we're now getting kafra headgears every week with bonuses for specific upgrades.

So the services you sell (refining) is now mandatory. Yes, the option exists to not spend money but realistically that cannot be a competitive option. You have to either buy it with kafra points or silvervine, and the latter of which comes from real money as well. The system to "earn" silvervine is a joke.

Not to mention, your statement is demonstrably false. A lot of power gear come from the kafra shop now. Amistr Bag, Skull Cap, Kafra Dolls, Rideword Hat to name a few. All this came from silvervine, which translates into real money. Instead of allowing actual gameplay to reward you with the best gear, your wallet does it.

So now we're at a place where every week people are forced to spend money to remain competitive. Yes, that can be in the form of zeny, but SOMEBODY is still spending money. I prefer allowing people to WANT to spend money on a game, rather than forcing people to do so. The former makes people happy that they're supporting a game they love. The latter leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths because they feel forced into this position.

It's too bad. A game this old still has a loyal fanbase that's willing to overlook some flaws in the monetary model, but WP really enjoys trying to push it every single week.

This.

#97 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

then do it!!

Its in the notes now.

Thanks for the reminder, Amon - when (if ever) are we finally getting more ingame ways to obtain SV? Considering they're an alternative for spending actual money, making them easier to get without either real money or zeny would help a lot, especially for new players who currently can't afford them at all.

Were experimenting with group hunting quests. The more players participating in the group the greater silvervine reward. Also we want to make it so you can bank earned silvervine points to use for the future.

Example: Character is already at their monthly cap. Any future earnings go into a bank that can be redeemed when the cap resets.

#98 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

I'm sure more people other than myself would like to see more quests to obtain gears and items that exist in the cash shop. Since we have a problem with zeny inflation, you have a solution right there. One of the major problems is that people aren't really "active" in game because there's not much to do. Many suggestions have been made in the proposals section, why not consider them?

#99 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

What about rolling mvp drops into silvervine?

#100 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

There is no silvervine requirement to get the headgear. Both you and I know that was referring to the silvervine headgear quests that required users to have silvervine + in game items to get the gears.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users