Community Created Headgears Final Review - Page 9 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Community Created Headgears Final Review

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#201 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

and jRO Gigantic Set too (boosts AS, AB and Boss dmg) (Giant's protection is a part of it)

#202 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

I'll avoid going back and forth suffice to say that people play their AS Ranger very different than I play mine, apparently. 

Anyway my own commentary on the headgear was received well enough. I still think the AHB is one of the stronger options specifically because SP leechback mitigates a ton of issues with cost and weight (not to mention it makes it verrrrrrry convenient to play/level) and the headgear still grants a huge buff (20% is no joke given how hard a ranger can stack their damage mods), even with the proposed nerf of 14% to arrow storm and INT-to-ATK nerf, but I understand that people have an interest in keeping their gear the way they want it. 

I on the other hand am so jaded by what OCP did that I don't care what gear gets invalidated anymore. 

#203 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

The future of AS/AB builds is 120STR/120DEX. Seraphim holds no candle to what you can do with STR->Damage Gears now :X

#204 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

Little off topic but is it defnite that the other effects of giant's protection will be added here?

#205 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Little off topic but is it defnite that the other effects of giant's protection will be added here?

It's Cinnamon who handles getting the OCP items fixed now, and I definitely pushed it to them so it will eventually get fixed.

Also, thanks to Jerbear for giving me some replays of TK. I am definitely approving some good buffs for this. I mean -_-, that is -_- terrible considering that is like what, 90b+ in gear?

**UPDATE**

Updated the TK Kid Hat, 100% Skill Delay, 500% Skill Damage.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 December 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#206 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

It's very difficult to be honest, you have to look at everything to make sure you don't potentially shoot yourself in the foot. I am slightly concerned about the extended class shadow items, since they may very well come in, and it needs to be made clear that I don't wanna reduce a cool down if we do happen to get these items since it will double dip and make itself redundant :U

You're in the right way I think, even if we never get extended class shadow items the hat's Stoop increase is a nice balance to LCB huge cooldown.

#207 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

I guess we've gone full circle where AS rangers are considered weak again (reminds me of early Renewal, really). 

In contrast, I consider the proposed changes a buff since it would mean a ranger wouldn't have to choose between using a rideword/vana or the AHB, but would instead have best of both worlds. 

Hell, a 120 STR build would be even easier now since you could stack tengu set + giant's protection and not sacrifice insta-cast. 

If saying a new ranger leveling, hp/sp leeches can be optional on headgear since we have pets (incubus and succubus). Also, malicious shadow sets +4 can be suffice enough to leech the Hp back. 

It's called Racing Cap or some -_-. I am one hundred percent sure it will help out new Rangers immensely. What you fail to realise is that part of this update is also going to be a new quest. This quest can be done once per character in it's life time. It will require level 100 (or less for the TK/SL/SN hats) and not be RNG based, but class based. Rangers could select an AHB. Warlocks can select an ABMH or OBMH. I get sick of the level of RNG this game offers and one of the goals of this update is to make it so that a new player upon reaching level 100 can gain access to what is essentially a free hat that would either help with leveling or provide an alternate build. I focus more on the alternate build section if they already have more than one option for leveling that is effective. The AHB would make needing a +9 Vana or Rideword, Spell Flow Set (cash shop only) something that a new player would no longer need in the short term. The instant cast would mean they could AS and camo much easier. The damage boost at the end will help those that don't have access to a highly refined BxB. The fire/ice trap damage would make trapping a nice means of leveling as well if they are so inclined.

As for the fact that Black Ribbon gives a boost to IB, clearly you have not been paying attention to the first post. I removed IB in favour of truly buffing Wind Cutter and Sonic Wave. I reduced AT's boost to 20% like AHB, since the cool down reduction was enough of a boost as is.

It's very difficult to be honest, you have to look at everything to make sure you don't potentially shoot yourself in the foot. I am slightly concerned about the extended class shadow items, since they may very well come in, and it needs to be made clear that I don't wanna reduce a cool down if we do happen to get these items since it will double dip and make itself redundant :U

AS Rangers are weaker when compared to other classes at late game. I felt the changes made would help those with gear block since it is an all rounder hat for both Ranger builds, a nice buff to both routes.

If you have said so, "rangers are weaker than other class" at late game, why purposedly go nerf the only HG available in IRO for ranger?

I would say please be fair to all classes. I can see what you have done on WL's Ordinary black magician hat.. instead of nerfing of existing HG.. You go for another HG for lower damage dealt (I understand this hat is good for new WL, since no need higher refine). Same case with ranger too... If you prefer a HP/SP leech and trapper buff HG, you should create a new HG instead of modifying the existing one.

and jRO Gigantic Set too (boosts AS, AB and Boss dmg) (Giant's protection is a part of it)

If the JRO gears are coming, we should let these gears coming in before agreed to nerf the existing AHB.

I'll avoid going back and forth suffice to say that people play their AS Ranger very different than I play mine, apparently. 

Anyway my own commentary on the headgear was received well enough. I still think the AHB is one of the stronger options specifically because SP leechback mitigates a ton of issues with cost and weight (not to mention it makes it verrrrrrry convenient to play/level) and the headgear still grants a huge buff (20% is no joke given how hard a ranger can stack their damage mods), even with the proposed nerf of 14% to arrow storm and INT-to-ATK nerf, but I understand that people have an interest in keeping their gear the way they want it. 

I on the other hand am so jaded by what OCP did that I don't care what gear gets invalidated anymore. 

What are you talking about?? stronger to have SP leech?? Don't you have incubus pet and sp healing pots?  Mora mandarin/ light blue pots serve well the purpose. 

The HG should serve well in late game.. Those minor issues, like sp issue wont be the main hindrance.. 

#208 JustARandomGuy

JustARandomGuy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Well, i still stand by what i said, 120 int + 120~~130 dex will be the way to go. If we get seraphim and don't change AHB we will get a whooping 298 eATK from them and still be able to get IC without sound amplifier (which allows us to go for bako for extra aspd on strings or fairy leaf powder)

Nerfing AHB and telling AB/AS ranger to go for 120 str is indeed a big nerf to them.

Even on jRO, you will see that every AB/AS ranger is going for a 120 int / 120~130 dex build with seraphim. I would love to see a 120 str ranger in action, but i still didnt find one.

#209 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

If saying a new ranger leveling, hp/sp leeches can be optional on headgear since we have pets (incubus and succubus). Also, malicious shadow sets +4 can be suffice enough to leech the Hp back. 

If you have said so, "rangers are weaker than other class" at late game, why purposedly go nerf the only HG available in IRO for ranger?

I would say please be fair to all classes. I can see what you have done on WL's Ordinary black magician hat.. instead of nerfing of existing HG.. You go for another HG for lower damage dealt (I understand this hat is good for new WL, since no need higher refine). Same case with ranger too... If you prefer a HP/SP leech and trapper buff HG, you should create a new HG instead of modifying the existing one.

If the JRO gears are coming, we should let these gears coming in before agreed to nerf the existing AHB.

What are you talking about?? stronger to have SP leech?? Don't you have incubus pet and sp healing pots?  Mora mandarin/ light blue pots serve well the purpose. 

The HG should serve well in late game.. Those minor issues, like sp issue wont be the main hindrance.. 

It's not the only headgear for Ranger. The ONLY reason I am making a new hat for OBMH is simple. The changes proposed were important for the grand scheme of what the project aimed to do, and some select few owned +13 or higher versions of the OBMH, which in literally 2 scenarios gives 4000 more damage. But regardless of that, some spent billions to refine it and as such they may as well keep it. It felt better to not try and point out the obvious considering who was making the argument. The changes for the AHB will go forward for testing. Nothing will be halted whilst waiting for the new hats in regards to AS.

Well, i still stand by what i said, 120 int + 120~~130 dex will be the way to go. If we get seraphim and don't change AHB we will get a whooping 298 eATK from them and still be able to get IC without sound amplifier (which allows us to go for bako for extra aspd on strings or fairy leaf powder)

Nerfing AHB and telling AB/AS ranger to go for 120 str is indeed a big nerf to them.

Even on jRO, you will see that every AB/AS ranger is going for a 120 int / 120~130 dex build with seraphim. I would love to see a 120 str ranger in action, but i still didnt find one.

Send me a PM, include a screen shot of all your gears and stats with full buffs. I will run the calcs and show you the difference between a 120 INT and a 120 STR build.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 December 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#210 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

/shrug

------------------

I'm excited for the Mech, RK, and SC hats tbh. I think I may start using them for PVM instead of just my Gen when that comes about. 

#211 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

I actually like the new version of Black Ribbon Buffing Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter and reducing their cd ^^ but i would like something aditional like reducing their SP cost at +7 (-20 or 25 for Sonic Wave and -15 or 20 for Wind Cutter) as these skills will become spammeable.

#212 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

I actually like the new version of Black Ribbon Buffing Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter and reducing their cd ^^ but i would like something aditional like reducing their SP cost at +7 (-20 or 25 for Sonic Wave and -15 or 20 for Wind Cutter) as these skills will become spammeable.

I won't add it just yet, but we can try it out during testing. If I hadn't mentioned it before, it's not like we are sending things off and implementing them. We are sending them off, getting them back, opening Sakray so people can test them out, and make alterations where it makes sense to :U

#213 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

1. AHB should not be used for Aimed Bolt, if you are doing it, you are doing it wrong.
2. It will still be stupidly good for AS, even burst wise.
3. Fancy Feather Hat from kRO will make this obsolete, AS damage wise.
4. 120 int wont be the best choice for rangers, even with Seraph, basically because the Gigantic set exists

Spoiler

#214 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

It's not the only headgear for Ranger. The ONLY reason I am making a new hat for OBMH is simple. The changes proposed were important for the grand scheme of what the project aimed to do, and some select few owned +13 or higher versions of the OBMH, which in literally 2 scenarios gives 4000 more damage. But regardless of that, some spent billions to refine it and as such they may as well keep it. It felt better to not try and point out the obvious considering who was making the argument. The changes for the AHB will go forward for testing. Nothing will be halted whilst waiting for the new hats in regards to AS.

If so, what is the point of making the forum thread for getting the comments from other players, if you already firm your decision to make the changes? For those players who bought this hat for 1b, don't you think it is the same case for OBMH, which they are too spending the same billions to refine it.. I would say this is totally unfair for those players who get the HG with zennies, after their hard effort to gain that. 

The question you need to ask yourself here is who is the one who get the disadvantages of the nerfing. The new player or those players (175 level) who own the headgear for long time ago? 

As far as I am still aware, this HG is rare and the market price stay the highest. Do you think those new players can afford this HG? 

How sure are you this modified AHB can assist those new players in leveling 100 to 150 level, with the added HP/SP leeches?? You know what, this is a lame reason..

Instead of getting this costly modified AHB just for HP/SP leech, why don't they just pick cheaper alternatives, like incubus pet and malicious shadow sets?

I would say your justification you put here is totally unacceptable... just because I don't know, you wanna nerf the only HG for AOE ranger.. 

I am still hold my stand that existing AHB should not be modified. Instead new HG can be created for trapper ranger, just like what you have done on new WL HG. 

1. AHB should not be used for Aimed Bolt, if you are doing it, you are doing it wrong.
4. 120 int wont be the best choice for rangers, even with Seraph, basically because the Gigantic set exists

Spoiler

If you are so convinced the AS damage is still stupidly good after the changes, why don't you show the evidence here to convince the players?

The way I interpret here is the modified AHB has -14% reduced AS damage and int-atk boost been removed. Do you still think the AS damage is still the so-called "stupidly good"? 

Also, the way you are so convinced those OCP gears to boost AS damage will come in.. How sure are you ? and ETA for those gears? Another two years? 

You are putting an assumption on the arrival for those gears. But in actual, the decision is still under WP. They are the one who decide it; which they may decide not to put these gears into the next OCPs. 

#215 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

If so, what is the point of making the forum thread for getting the comments from other players, if you already firm your decision to make the changes? For those players who bought this hat for 1b, don't you think it is the same case for OBMH, which they are too spending the same billions to refine it.. I would say this is totally unfair for those players who get the HG with zennies, after their hard effort to gain that. 

The question you need to ask yourself here is who is the one who get the disadvantages of the nerfing. The new player or those players (175 level) who own the headgear for long time ago? 

As far as I am still aware, this HG is rare and the market price stay the highest. Do you think those new players can afford this HG? 

How sure are you this modified AHB can assist those new players in leveling 100 to 150 level, with the added HP/SP leeches?? You know what, this is a lame reason..

Instead of getting this costly modified AHB just for HP/SP leech, why don't they just pick cheaper alternatives, like incubus pet and malicious shadow sets?

I would say your justification you put here is totally unacceptable... just because I don't know, you wanna nerf the only HG for AOE ranger.. 

I am still hold my stand that existing AHB should not be modified. Instead new HG can be created for trapper ranger, just like what you have done on new WL HG. 

If you are so convinced the AS damage is still stupidly good after the changes, why don't you show the evidence here to convince the players?

The way I interpret here is the modified AHB has -14% reduced AS damage and int-atk boost been removed. Do you still think the AS damage is still the so-called "stupidly good"? 

Also, the way you are so convinced those OCP gears to boost AS damage will come in.. How sure are you ? and ETA for those gears? Another two years? 

You are putting an assumption on the arrival for those gears. But in actual, the decision is still under WP. They are the one who decide it; which they may decide not to put these gears into the next OCPs. 

Who the hell spends 3b+ to make a +9 AHB? I wanted comments from other players yes, mostly for criticism. I got the criticism I was most worried about with AHB, the fact that the leech given was too much. I have listened to you and this other guy talk, but he didn't respond to me when I tried to get his argument set straight. Whether or not this headgear cost you a lot, it will still be made (change or no change) as an easily attainable piece of gear, so either way the price will NOT ever be what it is now.

The answer to who gets the disadvantages of nerfing is, thus far, you who says they cannot handle MVPs without 14% more AS damage, and the guy who uses it for AB, when more than one of us have offered to explain to him where he can get a LOT more damage with his build. New players can afford this headgear, BECAUSE IT WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA A QUEST ONCE THEY REACH LEVEL 100. They don't pay -_-, that's the point, just make the effort to get there and it's yours via a simple quest. I am 100% sure new players will find it useful. An item that makes a fresh new level 100 player have instant cast AS and some ranged damage to boost or doubles your Fire/Ice Trap damage. They can eventually try to upgrade it for some more damage and leech. I could always put the leech in the +0 benefits and just make the damage a +9 exclusive, but that's what the Sakray testing is for. The AHB is not the same scenario as the OBMH. I would know, I was the shmuck who argued back then to keep it as is, and it was a mistake I regret making for sure.

I am convinced the OCP gears will come in because eventually we will get them ALL. There is no if, and or but, it is an eventuality. The ETA will most likely be within a year.

As for how much of a difference it makes, like my extension to the other guy, send me a PM of your char fully buffed, list all the gears used and I will run the calc to tell you the overall damage loss.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 December 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#216 Berenk

Berenk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Autumn Headband: +34% AS damage old/ +20% AS damage new
White Wing Set: +50% AS damage
Big Crossbow: +50% AS damage at +12/ +70% AS damage at +14

With a +12 BXB:
Old AHB = +(34 + 50 + 60)% AS damage; meaning you'd do 244% of your base AS damage.
New AHB = +(20 + 50 + 60)% AS damage; meaning you'll be doing 230% of your base AS damage instead.
So what are you losing? 14% out of 244% AS damage which translates to an actual ~5.7% loss?

With a +14 BXB:
Old AHB = +(34 + 50 + 70)% AS damage; 254% of your base AS damage.
New AHB = +(20 + 50 + 70)% AS damage; or 240% of your base AS damage instead.
14% out of 254% AS damage are lost. This is an actual ~5.5% loss. It gets less and less with higher refines on that BXB.

Granted you do lose some equipATK as well (52 at most with 130 base INT but does anyone even get that much?), the difference won't be that big. I'd say gaining leech is much better since there would be better headgears for AS damage coming down the line.

#217 JustARandomGuy

JustARandomGuy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

If so, what is the point of making the forum thread for getting the comments from other players, if you already firm your decision to make the changes? 

Well, i've been asking myself this same question: Why does he wants to hear opinions from others players, if it's clear that he already decided what he will do?

The changes for the AHB will go forward for testing. Nothing will be halted whilst waiting for the new hats in regards to AS.

The only time I would reconsider shifting it's trapper paradigm is if Fuyu wished it.

But there is one important thing: Nirvanna has already proposed a change to AHB in march (this year) and a group of players was against it, showing that they would like to keep AHB as it's now. In the end Nirvanna suggested, after listening to these players, a new headgear for trappers, KEEPING ABH as it's right now. (like Yeoh has proposed since his FIRST POST)

What my proposal says is...

Rename our current AHB to Replica Hairband. Add a new Autumn Hairband with the trapper effects. Make the Replica Hairband be tradable to an NPC that behaves like the Mad Bunny Shield.

Here is one of the players that was against any change to AHB:

AHB already exist from more than 2 years.

Because we talk about how people already safe/invest zeny for this gears.

It's not funny if suddenly we need to throw this gear or let it become dusty in storage, because the effect not related to our build anymore. Then we need to buy new headgear, upgrade it again and put a card, its really troublesome.

(Sorry, because buy a gear that cost 1b is not easy for me and for some players too)

So why can't we make a new headgear for trapper ranger and keep ABH as it's now? Would it not be the best solution?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1. Well, as i already said i use ABH when im going solo (i don't have kiel), doing AB->AS->AB, so the 34% AS does make a difference in my dps. Nerfing it's eATK and AS boost will clearly hurt my build, forcing me to switch to a bio5 hat with a decent enchant (because of how strong %skillboost is to AS) and throwing my ABH into the trash can (aka zeny).

2. I would love to see how strong is a 120str ranger here in iRO with the gear we already have. 

3. The video you posted shows a working gigantic set combo, which i dont think we will ever have, since our giant protection is already missing part of the combo (bow + accessory).

Btw, this is my last post here, since it's clear that no matter what i say, in the end i will be ignored.

Edited by JustARandomGuy, 12 December 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#218 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

Well, i've been asking myself this same question: Why does he wants to hear opinions from others players, if it's clear that he already decided what he will do?

But there is one important thing: Nirvanna has already proposed a change to AHB in march (this year) and a group of players was against it, showing that they would like to keep AHB as it's now. In the end Nirvanna suggested, after listening to these players, a new headgear for trappers, KEEPING ABH as it's right now. (like Yeoh has proposed since his FIRST POST)

Here is one of the players that was against any change to AHB:

So why can't we make a new headgear for trapper ranger and keep ABH as it's now? Would it not be the best solution?

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Well, as i already said i use ABH when im going solo (i don't have kiel), doing AB->AS->AB, so the 34% AS does make a difference in my dps. Nerfing it's eATK and AS boost will clearly hurt my build, forcing me to switch to a bio5 hat with a decent enchant (because of how strong %skillboost is to AS) and throwing my ABH into the trash can (aka zeny).

2. I would love to see how strong is a 120str ranger here in iRO with the gear we already have.

3. The video you posted shows a working gigantic set combo, which i dont think we will ever have, since our giant protection is already missing part of the combo (bow + accessory).

Btw, this is my last post here, since it's clear that no matter what i say, in the end i will be ignored.

That was the original concept, but no more. When I re-ignited this project I went in making it so that the hats would be using the same headgear because initially I wasn't going to go for new hats. I had a good old complaint from Lord Ygg about the OBMH, and in the end I agreed. These 2 or 3 players that have one at +14 or above would like to keep their bonus for the 2 scenarios it would be marginally better for.

But by this point, I did not want to make a new headgear for the AHB. The answer is simple, the new headgears will take months (minimum of 3) to be introduced, the rest should not take anywhere near as long since it is script changing and not creation. This is why I am going for this approach.

You don't need a Kiel OR AHB to make AB shine. It's not purely about the Bio5 hat, but you never did PM me so I can't do anything to say otherwise because I don't have the basics of your build. Trust me when I say I know what I am talking about when it comes to this games mechanics.

Yes it is missing the set bonus, but we will have it before February, as Cinnamon is pushing for script fixes to items with missing effects and items are actually getting fixed as a result.

I get that it is your last post, but I really can't do anything without you PMing or even posting here. But at the end of the day it is what it is.

#219 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

Personally, I like that the proposed AHB has leech, and it will definitely help with new players in leveling their rangers. I get the other players sentiments about their zeny being wasted, but I think that argument is not strong because he headgear was previously available for all players (albeit only being implemented twice[?] in the past 4 years). If it was cash shop only and players used real money to buy it, that would be the real problem.

#220 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

Autumn Headband: +34% AS damage old/ +20% AS damage new
White Wing Set: +50% AS damage
Big Crossbow: +50% AS damage at +12/ +70% AS damage at +14

With a +12 BXB:
Old AHB = +(34 + 50 + 60)% AS damage; meaning you'd do 244% of your base AS damage.
New AHB = +(20 + 50 + 60)% AS damage; meaning you'll be doing 230% of your base AS damage instead.
So what are you losing? 14% out of 244% AS damage which translates to an actual ~5.7% loss?

With a +14 BXB:
Old AHB = +(34 + 50 + 70)% AS damage; 254% of your base AS damage.
New AHB = +(20 + 50 + 70)% AS damage; or 240% of your base AS damage instead.
14% out of 254% AS damage are lost. This is an actual ~5.5% loss. It gets less and less with higher refines on that BXB.

Granted you do lose some equipATK as well (52 at most with 130 base INT but does anyone even get that much?), the difference won't be that big. I'd say gaining leech is much better since there would be better headgears for AS damage coming down the line.

By using your calculation, I tried to extrapolate it to get the difference btw old and new HG. Even with +20 BXB, you still suffer 4.9% damage loss. 

So, what you wanna imply here is to encourage players to get their BXB refined up to as higher refine as possible, just because wanna cover up the damage loss?

Also, if you can one-shot the mobs, why would you still want leeches for the HG? Also, modifying an expensive HG just to put leeches inside, don't you think it is a waste to it?? 

As I have mentioned at previous post multiple times; which I seriously don't get a point on this, people fails to realize there are multiple alternatives to gain the HP/SP leeches. If those who want leech badly, they can either choose spamming pots or pets (incubus or succubus).

With pathetic, lower AS damage dealt (with modified AHB), how much HP/SP can be leeched back, hundred? Don't you think spamming pots is the best and fastest way to gain back? 

Why, after four years, then just consider a leech on this? With OCPs gears keep flooding in, there are multiple gears for HP/SP leeches, eg tengu scroll, etc. 

That was the original concept, but no more. When I re-ignited this project I went in making it so that the hats would be using the same headgear because initially I wasn't going to go for new hats. I had a good old complaint from Lord Ygg about the OBMH, and in the end I agreed. These 2 or 3 players that have one at +14 or above would like to keep their bonus for the 2 scenarios it would be marginally better for.

But by this point, I did not want to make a new headgear for the AHB. The answer is simple, the new headgears will take months (minimum of 3) to be introduced, the rest should not take anywhere near as long since it is script changing and not creation. This is why I am going for this approach.

You don't need a Kiel OR AHB to make AB shine. It's not purely about the Bio5 hat, but you never did PM me so I can't do anything to say otherwise because I don't have the basics of your build. Trust me when I say I know what I am talking about when it comes to this games mechanics.

Yes it is missing the set bonus, but we will have it before February, as Cinnamon is pushing for script fixes to items with missing effects and items are actually getting fixed as a result.

I get that it is your last post, but I really can't do anything without you PMing or even posting here. But at the end of the day it is what it is.

We have been waiting fix to bugged for those community HG for like 4 years+. So, what is the problem of waiting another three months for creating a new HG? 

Where are the pushes to make trapper ranger's HG urgent enough to lay changes on existing AHB?

Finally, my justification here is by put changes on AHB, ranger class will be on stake at any parties/ instances. The so called leeches will NOT be helpful to any rangers, instead the changes make ranger a lone wolf in any leveling. 

Even bio4 parties also not welcome any rangers due to the pathetic AS damage.. 

#221 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

By using your calculation, I tried to extrapolate it to get the difference btw old and new HG. Even with +20 BXB, you still suffer 4.9% damage loss. 

So, what you wanna imply here is to encourage players to get their BXB refined up to as higher refine as possible, just because wanna cover up the damage loss?

Also, if you can one-shot the mobs, why would you still want leeches for the HG? Also, modifying an expensive HG just to put leeches inside, don't you think it is a waste to it?? 

As I have mentioned at previous post multiple times; which I seriously don't get a point on this, people fails to realize there are multiple alternatives to gain the HP/SP leeches. If those who want leech badly, they can either choose spamming pots or pets (incubus or succubus).

With pathetic, lower AS damage dealt (with modified AHB), how much HP/SP can be leeched back, hundred? Don't you think spamming pots is the best and fastest way to gain back? 

Why, after four years, then just consider a leech on this? With OCPs gears keep flooding in, there are multiple gears for HP/SP leeches, eg tengu scroll, etc. 

We have been waiting fix to bugged for those community HG for like 4 years+. So, what is the problem of waiting another three months for creating a new HG? 

Where are the pushes to make trapper ranger's HG urgent enough to lay changes on existing AHB?

Finally, my justification here is by put changes on AHB, ranger class will be on stake at any parties/ instances. The so called leeches will NOT be helpful to any rangers, instead the changes make ranger a lone wolf in any leveling. 

Even bio4 parties also not welcome any rangers due to the pathetic AS damage.. 

PM me your setup, and let me calc to see how much of a loss it will be for you personally.

#222 Berenk

Berenk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

It seems you completely missed it. "Encouraging players to get BXB refined up as high as possible" isn't my point, that's a given by default no matter the state of the AHB. It's just to show that the difference gets smaller with higher refines.

What my point ACTUALLY was is that the difference between old AHB and new AHB isn't as big as you're making it out to be. It's 14% on paper, but not 14% in practice due to diminishing returns. It's not the end of the world. It's almost 1/3rd of what you're making it out to be. But in exchange, the headgear caters to more people and situations.

It's the same as any of the other hats. Aside from the OBMH issue, where the old effect actually had a scaling effect past +9, all the other headgears are getting changed as well.

Plus I don't really see how losing 5-6% damage would make Rangers be any more unwelcomed. If you're doing 400k now, you'll be doing 376k-380k after the change.

Edited by Berenk, 13 December 2017 - 03:26 AM.

#223 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Ayyyy
Cant wait for new AHB to come!!!

#224 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:49 AM

GC will eat 20% HP, regardless. The separate backlash hits are what can be nullified by Angeling Card/Piety. A boosted Heal, that isn't RNG based, and flat SP reductions can assist sustainability in using it well, but most are all about leech gear and autocasts.

I wonder if a Holy magic boost, akin to what the Warlock Mora gears do for their respective elements, would be interesting to try...

#225 Berenk

Berenk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:21 AM

GC will eat 20% HP, regardless. The separate backlash hits are what can be nullified by Angeling Card/Piety. A boosted Heal, that isn't RNG based, and flat SP reductions can assist sustainability in using it well, but most are all about leech gear and autocasts.

I wonder if a Holy magic boost, akin to what the Warlock Mora gears do for their respective elements, would be interesting to try...

Ah, that's why I'm suggesting a 20% Max HP restore that gets triggered when GC is cast. You'll still consume the 20% cost first, but regain it a split second after. I don't know if it's possible, but I'm highly sure it is. Some equips can trigger consumable-esque buffs, so why not a healing effect?

Edited by Berenk, 13 December 2017 - 05:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users