December 19th RE:START Holiday Maintenance - Page 4 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 19th RE:START Holiday Maintenance

141 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

If the only utility you can think of for Ice Wall in Bio 3 is to ninja loot and troll people you really need to rethink some stuff.

I was thinking about it being used to bug every monster on the map into one corner leaving the sniper zone spawns as easy pickings.

If you read my previous post I actually said....

You clearly have no idea of the level of abuse that is possible with icewall. It goes far beyond bugging out mvps and griefing others away from loot.

Yes it has legitimate uses, such as teleporting stuff (which you can do plenty of other ways tbh) but it also has lots of abusive uses. Don't tell me you're not smart enough to do bio without forcing all the mobs idle.

#77 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Really, some people whining about not being able to bug and exploit a map where you would probably be able to get 100m+ exp/hour. Then complain about how the game is boring and dead.

-facepalm.

#78 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yeah let's fix boredom by removing all features of the game which require a little playskill and enforcing all pay to win stuff.

Sorry guys I don't know what I had in my mind.

Cause well, who needs tricks when you can just buy a few thousands of ranked-like White and Blue potions and a few dozens of Siegfried Tokens off the cash shop for a few dollars?

#79 9010170806154036960

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

IceWall and maintenance ASIDE, what REALLY needs to be DISABLED  is BODY RELOCATION skill in WOE, why ?

• Thief class has back sliding banned, if you want to keep it fair at least get it back.
  • Can get through any precast except a CP one with a single mouse hit.
  • Now that speed pots are available it`s even more ridiculous than before.
  • Makes any regular monk player impossible to catch / kill by ANY class except another monk.
  • Besides monk being a totally OP class due to unlimited pots, you can`t even target him before he is gone.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 December 2017 - 04:28 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed font style, Red/Bold is for moderation, please don't use it in this manner.

#80 burnowned

burnowned

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

How much time for this maintenance?

#81 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

i dont think it will be easy to "mob" away the monsters in bio3 without trans skills considering High Priest blows half HP with a swing of her staff (im exaggerating but you get the point)

#82 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Here's a thought: disable all skills, period. If you think about it for a moment, all of them are exploitable in their own ways. With our current "disable everything I disagree with, I have a right to be offended at anything and everything" mentality it stands to reason that everyone should be equally miserable at all times.

#83 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

IceWall and maintenance ASIDE, what REALLY needs to be DISABLED  is BODY RELOCATION skill in WOE, why ?

• Thief class has back sliding banned, if you want to keep it fair at least get it back.
  • Makes any regular monk player impossible to catch / kill by ANY class except another monk.
  • Besides monk being a totally OP class due to unlimited pots, you can`t even target him before he is gone.

I give up.

giphy.gif

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 December 2017 - 04:29 PM.
Edited in quote

#84 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Yeah let's fix boredom by removing all features of the game which require a little playskill and enforcing all pay to win stuff.

Because forcing the monster not to move or attack is how the game was meant to be played, right. Silly me.

#85 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Here's a thought: disable all skills, period. If you think about it for a moment, all of them are exploitable in their own ways. With our current "disable everything I disagree with, I have a right to be offended at anything and everything" mentality it stands to reason that everyone should be equally miserable at all times.

What about disabling Fire Wall in the whole game? People have using it to abuse the bug in which whoever hits the mvp firts gets the loots. This is a super skill abuse which has no counter and is much more OP than anything you quoted. SOME GUILDS (one blue-emblemmed specific one) have been abusing this bug for months and whithout any kind of punishment.

Any thoughts on that Xellie?

#86 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

If your entire guild fails to turn an enemy monk into a grease stain within a few seconds, it's a you problem, not a skill problem.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 19 December 2017 - 04:32 PM.
Edited in quote

#87 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Because forcing the monster not to move or attack is how the game was meant to be played, right. Silly me.

Well, that's how the skill works, therefore that's how it was meant to be used... No?

#88 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

This made me laugh, well done!

#89 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

What about disabling Fire Wall in the whole game? People have using it to abuse the bug in which whoever hits the mvp firts gets the loots. This is a super skill abuse which has no counter and is much more OP than anything you quoted. SOME GUILDS (one blue-emblemmed specific one) have been abusing this bug for months and whithout any kind of punishment.

Any thoughts on that Xellie?

Unlike icewall, you can't use firewall to disable every mob on the entire map. 

Please stop trolling. I know you're sharper than this. 

#90 elpeasant

elpeasant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Campitor

Where are the 2018 plans?

#91 DrLunatic

DrLunatic

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Remove the cars from the streets,  people can be run over > _>  good solution .....

Edited by DrLunatic, 19 December 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#92 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

Is that guy GNU?

#93 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

Please stop trolling. I know you're sharper than this. 

Well tbh deep inside I really wish you are the one trolling.

You can't be serious about this Ice Wall thing.

Unless the reason why you want it is because you know that if any guild will camp Bio3 MvPs it won't be yours since you guys have been totally MIA lately.

Let us play Xellie.

#94 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

So what's the actual issue when the skill is working as intended? We can only get to 99, and if you haven't noticed the server's economy is already in the tank, so why does it matter if the market is flooded with more baubles? It's going to happen anyway.

#95 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Well tbh deep inside I really wish you are the one trolling.

You can't be serious about this Ice Wall thing.

Unless the reason why you want it is because you know that if any guild will camp Bio3 MvPs it won't be yours since you guys have been totally MIA lately.

Let us play Xellie.

I'm serious, I used to watch a guy on classic mob everything into one tile and use icewall to bug it so it went idle. Then he would farm the area spawn cecils with no danger. 

Funny fact: I complained on classic because they disabled it. I wanted it enabled and was told no at first. But then that happened. 

I don't care about whoever camps bio3 mvp. Just like I don't care whoever camps whatever mvp. It's not really a concern to me, nor my play style.

But seeing the entire bio3 map bugged out? yeah how about no.  

#96 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Server is open.

#97 danielit0

danielit0

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

man... im getting kidney stones from all this salt

#98 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

it takes a certain skill to use ice all properly, ice wall in this server works differently anyways, i dont see why it should be disabled. if you worry they gonna block u from getting loot, then why are u there by yourself in first place? are u just trying to mooch other peoples mvp setup? if u have ur own parties of mvpers, im sure it willl be smart to bring a sage and use ME to prevent that to happen. is simple. if u gonna disable icewall, might aswell disable safety wall, because people might use it againts my gfist

#99 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

With this server population how likely is a scenario where a popular end-game leveling map will look like an entire map will be in an area?

#100 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Christmas...exchanger..??? For the 3rd time..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users