Suggestion Rework Agi/Hlt/Str/Int/Evade/Aim - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestion Rework Agi/Hlt/Str/Int/Evade/Aim

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

This is just a suggestion with examples no real %, i would like to know your opinion about this.

Rework of strength/intelligence/Agillity/Health

First of all i would change the form how damage is dealt for that you remove the minimum weapon ATK and leave the maximum as "Weapon ATK" so you have one stat.

Of course you cant just deal the same damage over and over so you need something to change the damage from hit to hit, this is where the Agillity stat comes in. The ATK amount is the Maximum Damage you can deal and the number that is used for calculations. Each class will have an amount of % that defines the differences between each hits as example on the Overlord.

His ATK amount is like 120k. So the Skills scale with that ATK amount but he also has a difference % of like 50% so skills can deal like only 50% of the Damage and the Damage is between the ATK amount and the % amount of it.

Agillity: Agillity will be used to reduce the difference from the ATK amount. The more Agillity you stack the smaller will your difference % get, as for the Overlord if you stack like 800 Agillity the Difference wont be 50% anymore but like 15%, because more agillity means more accuracy.

Evade rate:Evade rate is a completly useless stat right now, so how about reworking it so the evade rate doesnt allow evading attacks but more like reducing the Damage by % because you dont get hit by a full strike.

Aim rate:Aim rate is as useless as Evade rate, but remain as its counter so the more Aim rate you have the lower is the chance for the enemy to evade and reduce your damage.

Intelligence: Intelligence will be used to increase anything that is casted, of course any skill has its own int scaling, so the more Int you have the better your buffs get, this could lead to more variety like full int Overlord/Ninja or whatever has group buffs just to give them huge buffs but not dealing that much dmg. Also the Int will define the Amount of Heals or other skills that need to be casted.

Strength: Strength will simply increase the Damage of skills that are performed directly by the Character and not casted (but more impact than now). Also it increase the chance to have a "break through" strike, those strikes will ignore like 15% of the armor of the enemy for that one strike, but the % shouldnt be high, maximum of like 5% when you have around of 1000 strength.

Health: Health will remain increasing the HP of the Character but it will have an addition called "withstand". This stat gives you a chance to either decrease the dmg of a hit like the "break through" or it gives the abillity to withstand a cc effect.

Edited by Vossel, 23 December 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

I like this suggestion because some parts are really interesting. The healing amount based on INT and not the caster's HPs is something that I really like and I think it has sense. I also really like the Evade/Aim Rate rework you suggested, it would bring back these stats without the "miss" thing which would be annoying with CCs. And the way you suggested they should work isn't stupid.

I don't think the whole suggestion will be implemented but there are really nice ideas that are worth to be discussed in my opinion.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:37 AM

Honestly I don't really like any of these. Many of them seem high effort low reward on the development side. Shouldn't change anything just for the sake of changing. Here are my opinions...

Damage:

It would be really nice if there was only one damage stat that skills used, and then things like damage %, str, int, character level and some-such would contribute to that instead of being calculated for each hit in a way that is hidden from the player (like it is now). That would be easier to understand for players and also easier for balancing skill damage and class damage. But I don't agree with agi being used to come up with different damage per hit, I think the min-max damage thing is a perfect solution that basically every game uses. While that does in essence mean that there are 2 stats, it's also very easy to understand and we already have the foundation for it in place.

Agility:

I think agility is a useful enough stat already as an important provider of crit. If we do get some sort of evade and aim back, agility will get an even bigger role. So I don't see a reason for changes to agility.

Evade rate:

I think the way Popcorn said he could make block work here should also be how dodge works. Blocks damage but not effects. Your way of only avoiding a % of damage could also be used of course, but I feel like if we were to have that sort of effect on a stat it should be on block, not evade, because that would make more sense.

Aim rate:

Aim would then work to reduce evade and possibly block too.

Int & str:

These two just need a buff and streamlining damage calculations in general should help out in making that buff balanced. In a streamlined damage model strength and int could be converted to give a certain % of more damage per point. Thinking about what benefit 1000 stats points of either strength or int should bring is a good starting point, and I think at that point one should get a hefty 50-100% damage buff. 

Health:

As with agi, I don't think health needs any additional benefits. It's good enough as is.

Edited by Precrush, 28 December 2017 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users