mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

The amount of exp need to gain level 99 is to much for this server.

Reduce the exp table to the renewal table or increase the exp rate of the server.

#2 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

and do what after reaching level 99? i actually think that reaching level 99 here is pretty easy

#3 Angelslayer4231

Angelslayer4231

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

I think it's way easier to reach 99 than it was in the old days. I mean, I haven't yet. But I'm further along in the last 3 months than i have been playing for years back then.

#4 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

why don't they put bounty quest instead, if they cant do something on exp table atleast we have quest that give us decent exp rewards...

#5 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

99 taking a long time is fine, but the fact that there is no way to level up realistically besides getting leeched by a Knight is a bit ridiculous. 

#6 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:31 AM

"and do what after reaching level 99?"

Oh  that's right, the exp is to much for you to want to make another character.

"i actually think that reaching level 99 here is pretty easy"

Yes, It is easy. It just takes to long.

"I think it's way easier to reach 99 than it was in the old days."

Yes, you are right. It still takes to long.

"99 taking a long time is fine"

No, it is not. You can have fun with a dead WoE because it takes  to long for everyone to 99.

When you want 100 99's of all classes , yes the exp table is to much.

Well for me at least.

Edited by mattxor, 30 December 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#7 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

"and do what after reaching level 99?"

Oh  that's right, the exp is to much for you to want to make another character.

"i actually think that reaching level 99 here is pretty easy"

Yes, It is easy. It just takes to long.

"I think it's way easier to reach 99 than it was in the old days."

Yes, you are right. It still takes to long.

"99 taking a long time is fine"

No, it is not. You can have fun with a dead WoE because it takes  to long for everyone to 99.

When you want 100 99's of all classes , yes the exp table is to much.

Well for me at least.

Not a private server bro

#8 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

So Chaos is?

Restart Table - Here

Chaos Table - Here

Edited by mattxor, 30 December 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#9 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

So Chaos is?

Restart Table - Here

Chaos Table - Here

This isn't chaos, why do you have a problem with everything?

#10 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Not everything.

They added speed potion quest. :rolleyes:

To be serious though and answer your question, I want restart to mirror chaos in many ways.

Gramps gives people a reason to party. I can not count how many times I met nice new people helping on my overpowered character. WE leveled fast and it was painless. The game was fun.

The problem is that without fair WoE/population, the endgame was pointless.

Now, I find myself on this server that is a progression renewal sever. It is the same thing as chaos but with a bunch of bad choices made. One of them being the exp table for sure.

All most everything that I have voice my opinion about here, it has been to better the server.

I want things to be fair just as much as anyone else but the exp does not allow this community to compete on a fair level.

Edited by mattxor, 30 December 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#11 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

It would be less bad if every class had about the same exp/h when leveling, but like this some classes are stuck at barely 2m exp/h while others fly away with up to 20m exp/h (and not because of VIP and/or manuals)

And many new players lose motivation incredibly quickly being stuck at around level 85 with only 2m exp/h, I know around 12 players who stopped playing/leveling because they couldn't stand being stuck at such a low exp gain rate, while others have their 500 lv 99 chars crying on the forums how they are oh so incredibly bored and want all the new content pushed into the game even quicker.

I call it now, once trans classes are added only the upper 1% will be able to transcend their characters while everyone else, who didn't quit the game beforehand due to being so far behind, will still be stuck at their regular second class.

It's tough enough not being able to do anything PvM/MvP wise when you get stuck because you chose the wrong class or are not an oldschool player with the perfect know how of where to level effectively and quickly.

Add trans characters on top of that and you are pretty much deleted off the game as they will contest EVERYTHING, let alone making WoE a deserted joke / filled with random players playing on borrowed accounts of the bigger guilds who leeched their 500 disposable characters up to 99 twice.

2m exp/h isn't even remotely acceptable to level from 90 to 99, it's torture.

Noone would be able to do that in a reasonable amount of time to not fall behind years.

It pretty much kills the server growth if people stop playing once they reach the "this isn't getting me anywhere" level threshhold.

Edited by Morlord, 30 December 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#12 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

It would be less bad if every class had about the same exp/h when leveling, but like this some classes are stuck at barely 2m exp/h while others fly away with up to 20m exp/h (and not because of VIP and/or manuals)

And many new players lose motivation incredibly quickly being stuck at around level 85 with only 2m exp/h, I know around 12 players who stopped playing/leveling because they couldn't stand being stuck at such a low exp gain rate, while others have their 500 lv 99 chars crying on the forums how they are oh so incredibly bored and want all the new content pushed into the game even quicker.

I call it now, once trans classes are added only the upper 1% will be able to transcend their characters while everyone else, who didn't quit the game beforehand due to being so far behind, will still be stuck at their regular second class.

It's tough enough not being able to do anything PvM/MvP wise when you get stuck because you chose the wrong class or are not an oldschool player with the perfect know how of where to level effectively and quickly.

Add trans characters on top of that and you are pretty much deleted off the game as they will contest EVERYTHING, let alone making WoE a deserted joke / filled with random players playing on borrowed accounts of the bigger guilds who leeched their 500 disposable characters up to 99 twice.

2m exp/h isn't even remotely acceptable to level from 90 to 99, it's torture.

Noone would be able to do that in a reasonable amount of time to not fall behind years.

It pretty much kills the server growth if people stop playing once they reach the "this isn't getting me anywhere" level threshhold.

That's why people need to party up , or nerf bowling bash so people are forced to

Edited by Twistex, 30 December 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#13 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

That's why people need to party up , or nerf bowling bash so people are forced to

Show me examples where Sages, Rogues and any of the undesired classes are even remotely welcomed into a party that has the exp potential to get to 99 in a reasonable time.

And by that I don't mean "get high end flee/PDodge gear and tons of pots and just be a puller".

#14 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

when were the undesired classes desired for level party? not even in the old days was a divest rogue wanted in a leveling party, he does nothing to help. an useless class to party and level was always and will always be useless.i had a divest rogue back when trans didn't even exist yet and i never ever in my life could find a party except for my guild. if you want more competence or more characters to be usefull, increase the difficulty of some dungeons, increase the HP/ATK/MATK of some MVPS or things like that. getting faster to level 99 is not gonna help. if people don't have the patience or the means to get to level 99, just never release trans classes as it's 3 times harder to level up.

btw, you don't need to be level 99 to WoE, you need good gear

Edited by Patsu88, 31 December 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#15 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

I was about to post my hate about Gramps but then i realize this post is already in "Proposals and Suggestions" so i dont need worry about it, this is the part where Vmods send everything than GMs dont even care to read about it without close the thread, so players can have false hopes about GMs care and dont post anymore in the other subforums lol.

#16 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

OK, I see this is the way it was supposed to be.

So, you are right. Nothing will change.

I took a look at other Revo servers and the tables are the same insane amount of exp.

I wish that I would have known this was going to be an issue for everyone not just me.

Live and learn I guess.

#17 Chally

Chally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

98-99 takes me 4 hours with manual solo faster with party,

i think its fine but lowering it down might encourage some peopel to make new chars

Edited by Chally, 31 December 2017 - 10:21 PM.

#18 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

I just don't understand why they made the exp table 6 times grater than Chaos.

The way I see it is that I was forced to join this server instead of them improving the server I worked on for years and every choice that has been made on Odin was to exploit its player base.

I am not OK with that but everyone else is so whatever.

Have fun everyone because that is what this should be about.

I just feel like I was exploited for a server that had no chance from the start based on its current model.

Edited by mattxor, 01 January 2018 - 05:24 AM.

#19 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

there's always a way if you want it hard enough.

#20 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

Well, I did not say it was impossible or even difficult.

I am not willing to support a server that does not keep the exp table from Chaos but instead raises the exp table by this amount.

Honestly, I never looked at the exp table until I reached 88 and then I realized how bad it was.

It is not a good business model and everyone can see it with the population decline.

https://www.youtube....h?v=jotlA1v8htQ

Edited by mattxor, 01 January 2018 - 05:14 AM.

#21 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

98-99 takes me 4 hours with manual solo faster with party,

i think its fine but lowering it down might encourage some peopel to make new chars

Not every class can make 45mil exp/hr solo.

Being worth Billions helps huge, not everyone can afford the exp+% gears or endless cash shop items.

Bragging about exp/hr but not sharing the location/method used to get the 45mil exp/hr solo is rude.

#22 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

thai actually reduced their exp by quite a good amount and also we were supposed to have a exp table similar to prenewal but camp changed it last minute

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Turn in quests would solve everything. 

#24 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

I started the server a month ago and quickly learned to not play the classes I like(Supportive Classes) if I wanted to get anywhere. When I asked for parties, I was told to "Make a Knight and leech myself if I ever want to get above 84".

I don't have any interest in playing Knight and spending 50m on WoE boxes for a couple of levels so by extension I have no interest in getting to level 99. It doesn't feel worth it on this server.

#25 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

I started the server a month ago and quickly learned to not play the classes I like(Supportive Classes) if I wanted to get anywhere. When I asked for parties, I was told to "Make a Knight and leech myself if I ever want to get above 84".

I don't have any interest in playing Knight and spending 50m on WoE boxes for a couple of levels so by extension I have no interest in getting to level 99. It doesn't feel worth it on this server.

then you're meeting the wrong people. we have daily parties in our guild, from low to high. every class has a use in those parties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users