Reduce Exp Tables - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Reduce Exp Tables

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#26 Angelslayer4231

Angelslayer4231

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

then you're meeting the wrong people. we have daily parties in our guild, from low to high. every class has a use in those parties.

Exactly right. Find a good guild (PvM guilds usually have no level req) to join and see if you can be of use to them. 

[Shameless plug removed, sorry, was just trying to be cute.]

---

I also think it's better to have it a bit hard to level to 99, otherwise, where's the thrill of getting to 99.

It's like the old saying, rich people will never know how good it feels to make their very last car payment.

Edited by Angelslayer4231, 02 January 2018 - 04:57 AM.

#27 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

That is so wrong.

I don't like repeating myself but it must be done.

What this comes down to is WoE.

The only option we have left is to flood the server with 99's so that WoE, the life of the server, stays strong.

This is not about it being to much exp to level or only a few ways to level efficiently.

Asking some one to join another guild is not helping this server one bit.

It is about having enough bodies to participate in WoE.

That means more guilds, not few guilds by asking people to join a different guild effectively killing a smaller guild that is trying to compete in WoE.

#28 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

That means more guilds, not few guilds by asking people to join a different guild effectively killing a smaller guild that is trying to compete in WoE.

yeah and you're doing a fine job scaring new players away with your mentality.

is this how you live your life as well? sitting on your ass complaining instead of actually doing something about the problem?

in the meantime, we're filling our ranks just fine - new and old players. we wanted to get rid of the leeching mentality in our guild? done - that. effing. easy.

we don't poach players from other guilds, angelslayer shouldn't even have done that, although he had good intentions.

there is a difference, a huge one, and people see that whenever they play with us.

we were talking about reduced exp tables, not guilds, stay on topic.

#29 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:16 AM

Anything and everything I speak out about is for WoE.

I am glad you stated that poaching players from other guilds in not right.

That earned some respect in my book.

As for "complaining instead of actually doing something about the problem", I am the only one around here that speaks out about  these problems and I do my best to do something about it.

Leeching mentality? That does not matter one bit. All that matters is the person gets to 99 so they can help compete in WoE.

It should not matter how they get there.

I am glad your members are happy with the way the guild is ran but that will do them no good on a server with a low WoE population.

The reason  we are here is because the current leveling options are ridiculous.

All I want is to be able to power level my members to 99 so that we can stand a chance in WoE.

Right now because of the time it takes to 99, it is not worth it and no small guild will ever be able to compete until WoE is completely dead.

I am on topic.

Edited by mattxor, 02 January 2018 - 05:28 AM.

#30 Angelslayer4231

Angelslayer4231

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

What this comes down to is WoE.

The only option we have left is to flood the server with 99's so that WoE, the life of the server, stays strong.

It is about having enough bodies to participate in WoE.

I disagree. WoE isn't everything. Sure, it may be a big part of the game, but it's not the only part of the game. If that were the case, why not just boost everyone to 99 for WoE, so that everyone is equal stat wise, and so then it just comes down to gear. Then bring them back down when it's over. Or why not make the level cap 60, like in vanilla WoW, so the xp required to get to cap is reduced.

The point of this game (or any game, for that matter) is to be a time sink. Whether or not we want to sink our time into this depends largely on what our goal in the game is. I, for one, dislike PvP. Too salty for my tastes. I know not every shares this view, but there will be a lot of people who think the same. If there's no challenge in leveling, why keep playing? Wouldn't this make Ragnarok be purely a PvP game, where the only goal is to have WoE guilds, only active once a week during WoE (or however many times WoE happens)

we don't poach players from other guilds, angelslayer shouldn't even have done that, although he had good intentions.

Sorry about that. I was just trying to be cute. Failed miserably.

#31 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

We can disagree that is fine but I think WoE is the only reason to play this game.

We all make mistakes. I proud of you for your corrections.

@helloyooji - "yeah and you're doing a fine job scaring new players away with your mentality."

I hate saying that I would have to agree with you.

Although, I would like you to see it from my point of view.

I joined this server not knowing what to expect but knowing it was my only option.

This is now my new home that we share.

I would hope that the topics that I bring to the community are as close to the truth that I feel is right.

This does not mean just because I feel that I am right does not mean that I am right.

I enjoy the discussions and I won't point out a list of things that have changed based on what I have had to say and my wiliness to speak out about it.

This actually keeps me fighting for what I feel is right and everyone's feedback is greatly appreciated because it will help shape the great future of our sever.

Trans will be here before we know it lets get the server primed and ready!

Edited by mattxor, 02 January 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#32 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

I think this is the reason a lot of the people commenting here disagree with you, Matt - a lot of us DON'T play just for WoE.

Personally, I have a lot more fun partying with guildies during the week than I have during the 2 hours of WoE per week, just speaking of time invested.

I had a few months where I didn't level my FS priest at all because the only quick options were being a glorified stationary buff slave or leeching myself and that was super boring, even if it would be the fastest way.

What I'm trying to say is... I care more about having fun with people on the way to 99 than getting there as quickly as possible. And to me personally, the current exp table works fine for both.

#33 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

"the current exp table works fine for both"

I do not agree. Any newer guild will never be able to compete and catch up.

#34 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

why are you so fixated that being 99 to WoE is more important than having good gear? IMO 90 is a good level for WoE (just for slotted accessories)

#35 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

As another person pointed out their members stopped leveling and some up and left the game because of the current leveling conditions.

I am sure that many more that will not be reading this left along time ago.

I want to bring those players back.

Edited by mattxor, 02 January 2018 - 06:42 AM.

#36 Angelslayer4231

Angelslayer4231

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:51 AM

Any newer guild will never be able to compete and catch up.

This seems like bad reasoning. 

Any new guild (comprised of new players) wouldn't go directly to WoE.

Any new guild that would go directly to WoE, would most likely be comprised of older players who are already higher leveled.

#37 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

Honestly, the only reason he wants an exp reduction is so he can level a bunch of wizards for woe and have them on macros for precasting (so basically afk scripting)

#38 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

If our player base increases, that would not have to be an option now would it....

#39 jfzhou96

jfzhou96

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

I'm not sure getting 99 will keep the population, your guildies is leaving is because the game is boring to them... what would people do when they get 99? level new chars? another 99? Once people get a lv99, they've already experienced enough, there's nothing to do end game wise. MVP is always Camped. WoE is once a week, my lv99s would just be sitting there waiting for WoE. 

Lv90 and Lv99 isnt much difference. a lv90 can pot as much as a lv99 to survive any hits other than Gfist. A deleter monk would still 1 shot anyone without a GR/DR card regardless of level.

I'd say there's almost equal amount of people leaving after they hit 99, especially knights, in my guild, we have this superstitious thing, but it kinda never fails us, where knights gets to 99, and they quit or lost interest in the game, it's not even funny. 

I'm speaking as a person who have 9 level 99 chars, I'd have more if my chars wasn't taxed 50% at all times. I don't PvP or MvP much. I play because I enjoy the chat with my friends. The laughters, the adventure of exploring the game, is more fun... the mini games we do during grind, listening to musics together, helping lower levels, and sometimes even do weird things for science...

FYI, I requested to be taxed, I'm also suicidal, because i have to lose all my exp prior to any leveling parties, so i could stay low as long as i can. My knight is the one of the last characters I made, there is no knight:leech for any of my chars, cept for my monk.

I do have a life, i only spend 2-3 hours a day on the game (cept for weekends). 

Here's some question for you, Do you have a lv99 char? what do u do with it at non-WoE time? 

If u dont have a lv99, whats ur current level and class? how often and long do u play?

Edited by jfzhou96, 02 January 2018 - 09:01 AM.

#40 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

If our player base increases, that would not have to be an option now would it....

So ur not denying it

#41 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

I'm not sure getting 99 will keep the population, your guildies is leaving is because the game is boring to them... what would people do when they get 99? level new chars? another 99? Once people get a lv99, they've already experienced enough, there's nothing to do end game wise. MVP is always Camped. WoE is once a week, my lv99s would just be sitting there waiting for WoE. 

Lv90 and Lv99 isnt much difference. a lv90 can pot as much as a lv99 to survive any hits other than Gfist. A deleter monk would still 1 shot anyone without a GR/DR card regardless of level.

I'd say there's almost equal amount of people leaving after they hit 99, especially knights, in my guild, we have this superstitious thing, but it kinda never fails us, where knights gets to 99, and they quit or lost interest in the game, it's not even funny. 

I'm speaking as a person who have 9 level 99 chars, I'd have more if my chars wasn't taxed 50% at all times. I don't PvP or MvP much. I play because I enjoy the chat with my friends. The laughters, the adventure of exploring the game, is more fun... the mini games we do during grind, listening to musics together, helping lower levels, and sometimes even do weird things for science...

FYI, I requested to be taxed, I'm also suicidal, because i have to lose all my exp prior to any leveling parties, so i could stay low as long as i can. My knight is the one of the last characters I made, there is no knight:leech for any of my chars, cept for my monk.

I do have a life, i only spend 2-3 hours a day on the game (cept for weekends). 

Here's some question for you, Do you have a lv99 char? what do u do with it at non-WoE time? 

If u dont have a lv99, whats ur current level and class? how often and long do u play?

exactly my thoughts

i have a level 99 FS priest and a level 99 Agi crusader and i really have no reason to log in rather than try WoE once it's back, and with the ammount of castles it looks ridiculously boring.

#42 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

it's already easy to get 99, and lvling to 99 is 90% of the content on this server lol

Edited by senpa1, 04 January 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#43 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

I think getting to 99 is easy based on the chaos exp table and 90% of the content would kicking your but in WoE. :P

#44 lamaslo

lamaslo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/CoCoCov
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

Ragnarok is more than just WoE.

#45 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Ragnarok is more than just WoE.

Yes it's also a hat simulator!  :heh:

#46 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Yes it's also a hat simulator!  :heh:

Don't you dare MAKING FUN OF MY HATS AHHHHH :p_ang:

#47 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Don't you dare MAKING FUN OF MY HATS AHHHHH :p_ang:

but I'm not D: it's like 90% of the content on this server.

yes, screw you all, this is now a meme.

#48 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

once thor's volcano comes everyone will be popping out 99s.

one good option is to remove biolabs 3 exp loss on death. I remember it being this way years ago. Not sure why they decided to change it.

also you can always implement turn ins. the goat and ice titan turn in on classic was <3.

#49 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Yes it's also a hat simulator! :heh:

Excuse you. It's how_to_look_fabulous.exe

#50 P3litez

P3litez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcedence

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

I believe the experience table is appropriately suited for server mechanics.

Many people are complaining about the sharp increase in the amount needed to pass the level, but they are forgetting points like: learning curve (which takes time to master the "tricks" of each character / class), is aligned with the maps that (it is very easy to get level 99 here, I put a knight level 99 in 4 days only dedicating myself to leveling, the acquired exp of the monsters is different from the classic version and the renewal version (this is perhaps the best part, they managed to bring back to the game the most interesting mechanics that could be anywhere in any level) and the drop part of the game (as in theory you should spend more time on a map upando the chance to get something valuable on the map in question increases) making the character in the higher levels better equipped.

I do not believe it's necessary to include leveling quests such as turn in or eden group on the server.

Leveling is the most important part of the game and the facilitation of this mechanic makes the game less competitive and bland, the maximum level really should be allocated by those who have dedicated enough time in their character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users