Dragon Talk Q&A Livestream 1/26/2018 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Talk Q&A Livestream 1/26/2018

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Our last livestream of the month will be on 1/26/2018, at 1030 Server Time, and it will be a special Q&A Dragon Talk Livestream, where Dragon Saga Producer Tirfing and Dragon Saga Developer Popcorn will be answering questions about upcoming content, and revealing information about the next big update to Dragon Saga!

In order to assure your questions will be seen, we are setting up a forum thread here, so you guys can post your questions early! 

Question Guidelines:

All questions must still follow the game and forums terms of use.

Dragon Saga staff will determine which questions to answer. If a question has been asked multiple times, it will only be answered once. In addition, if there isnt enough time to answer all of the questions we will do our best to answer the remaining questions here on the forums after the livestream. 

For the best chance at getting us to see your question and have time to answer it, we do ask that you try and submit your question before 1/23/2018!

The livestream will take place on the Warpportal Twitch and Youtube Channel! If you cannot make it to the livestream, the video will be posted on youtube right after the livestream is over!

Edited by Tirfing, 08 January 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#2 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Asking some questions that probably most people want to know:

- New level Cap?
- Any new Set or Weapon coming for high level?

And well one question i  would like to know:

- Ancestor the next Update and what's coming?

#3 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Question/ Answer

Zirothos / Thomas (use the one is easier for you.)

1st: will a lv 80+ hidden zone be release (idea Forest Gales) since it a massive big map

2nd: will the Evade / aim get a balancing for the PVP

3th:  Will a possible skill rework for some few useless skills be possible EX: arch sanctuary /sanctuary or even some small change for Barrier make the skill party wise with is passive (absorption)  in % bonus)

4th: will new things be add to the guild system.

5th: of course any news about arcadia part 3.

6th: Guild related: Can guild have they own house (https://forums.warpp...er-by-zirothos/) (don’t talk in this link it only for the GM to understand my question more)

7th: will the game get a optimization with animation and NPC bones / Game particle. So we get less frame rate issue

EDIT: 8th: will a bigger inventory be possible and/Or a bigger vault  (double or so the size)  Edit : is the guild vault will get a size upgrade too

Edit: 9th : Is the game Difficulty will ever go harder in the future (like it use to be) i don't mean expert. that only a mode i mean on casual play. like make it base on a +5 full item set. and go gradually to a max of +15 (for monster stat)

Edit : 10th : Can you add back for next Halloween event the JOJO brother event so we can do the special medal xD that the only thing missing to become rank 1 in the achievement board xD

and what is the DDD special medal requirement?

Edited by zirothos, 21 January 2018 - 01:51 PM.

#4 Playdeath

Playdeath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Hello Dragon Saga Team, here are my questions:

Will skills be changed and when yes, from which classes?

Will stats like strengh, int, block, evade- and aim-rate be changed, or did you planned to change it?

Will Arcadia City be changed a bit? At the moment a lot of plants or other decorative items seems like they are not planned for the map and it's a little bit too dark in general.

Is it possible to hide buff hat as default setting? It's better for new players.

Can you activate the check button in My Home buff window so you do not need to click on the "get all buffs" button first? It would be nice too, if you can make the buff window bigger.

Could it be possible to use Jacks Bean and Exp Potion (Exp Buffs) with no specific sequence? So you can use Jacks Bean first and then a Exp Potion. And to make them be active, even if you died? Sometimes it would be usefull in Expert Mode at bossroom.

Last question: Can you reroll the strenght of the monsters in Expert Mode (specially for Drakos Tower and Van Cliff) when a Party Member got a dc and you change the map? Like rerolling how much monsters are spawning in f7 mode, depending on how much players are on the map.

A few questions are not that important to be honest, but they would be worth for a quality gaming live.

#5 Marlax93

Marlax93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVertania City
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

When will arcadia episode 3 be released?

Will there be new dungeon like Drakos Tower or Elga?

Will there be any new high lvled Element weapons?

#6 Lohuis

Lohuis

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

Will there be any better equiptment stats for Dragoon class?

Considering that the current POS Setoptions for Dragoon are the worst possible.
Like :

- Health

- Finalcrit

- Critdamage

Will there be any changes to the casttime of the skill "Spin it Bear" or other skills?

Are there going to be any changes to the current attackspeed and movementspeed caps?

Edited by Lohuis, 06 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#7 OOpp

OOpp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

1. Will all big dungeon have their own expert mode? ( Like expert mode for magma dungeon )

2. Will third job change certification ( that gold aura ) under shama or twin feet?

3. Will hide people function add to the game? 

or

Will skill can be transparented for teammate,enermy or self?

4. Will thief class add to dragonkin race? ( Twin is like warrior, shaman is like mage.)

Will all class for third job skill be complete? ( Like twin third job passive still blank here.)

#8 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

1) What happened to the on-hit-element-related-debuffs?

2) What about the class balancing? Is it on pause for a while, or are you still currently working on that?

3) Will some PvP changes appear with the new major update?

4) Are you guys planning on implementing some challenging PvE content?

5) What do you think about new content that would highly promote guilds? Like some dungeons that can only be done with guildmates and that will have decent rewards.

6) Tirfing mentionned some hardware upgrade on Discord, would it be possible to get some more informations about that?

7) Any new tool working that would allow the team to achieve things that weren't do-able in the past?

EDIT:

8) Will we see some old events coming back? I remember that I liked the event that came out the first time the Unity sets appeared. Also I never did Metro City, but I heard it was broken, is fixing it something possible? I guess I missed many other events from the past, too.

Edited by Onyzer, 08 January 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#9 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I will update this post whenever i have a new quesiton.

1. Is the rune system still an idea or was the ancestor a replacement for it?

2. Do you have any plans for the missing skills that come after the Utlimate skill?

3. will it be possible to send gold in a large mail?

4. if there is new equipment, will it be related to Elements or will PoS remain as the Element set? Or are you planing to create an element Attack set instead now?

Edited by Vossel, 09 January 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#10 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

1. Will stats evade aim that have been broken for years be finally fixed?
2. Is there plans to hire more experiences developer staff to help make needed updates?
3. What happened to elemantal debuff, arcadia expansion, str and intelligence change?

#11 Kaiwindx

Kaiwindx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Some awakening skills are way too weak for certain class and not even worth since it cost more SP. Will there be buffs on damage output or at least giving crowd control effect?

#12 HeartifyPT

HeartifyPT

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

Here are my questions:

- Will there finally be newly created items and/or monsters or only recoloured ones?

- Will there be a new set or only new weapons in the next big update?

- Are there any plans to optimize the game or do any work about the huge lag in PvP, such as creating a small, dedicated server for european and/or asian players in which you could log in in order to experience less lag in a PvP room?

- Are there plans on working about the huge FPS drops in BSQ, such as working/changing on the game engine?

- Will there be a revamp of the Emporia Wars or even a new Emporia map/system?

- Will there be new PvP modes/maps?

- Do you plan in making more mini/community games in the future?

- Will we be able to make 3 letter names again?

- Will there be a new advertisement for the game?

- Will there be new hairstyles?

That's all from my part! Thanks in advance for the livestream!

Edited by HeartifyPT, 09 January 2018 - 03:47 PM.

#13 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Producer related questions:

Can you tell us from how many different countries the players playing on DS are coming from?
Is the DS server population still growing?

Is cross advertising DS (like you are currently doing with ROrush) in any of the other Warpportal games something that could happen in the future to maybe attract even more people to the game?
Is advertising DS on Steam again (Steam Push?) something you would consider to get more people aware of DS?

Developer related questions:

I have been told that only one of the Giants (Dark, Community Dungeon) is dropping special items, but none of the others is. Is this intended?
It seems there is a high demand for new mounts in game. Especially mounts of the dragon, different pet species and/or cool looking kind. Has there been made any progress with the possibility of mount creation?

Is a special quest item inventory something you would consider once the possibility to create such a feature becomes available?

Will Arcadia 3 come with new PVE content?

Is there a chance that Arcadia 3 has new achievments to obtain?

Will Arcadia 3 be the last part of the Arcadia chain?

#14 Dynasto

Dynasto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

My Questions: 

Why is it able to make the lavalon cutscene skippable but the one in the fire elemental dungeon isnt?

Are you planning to implement the Elemental Debuffs System again, when everything works with it? If Yes will it come in near future?

If you want to enter any Galaxy dungeon its says "If you enter with more than 3 people it needs 2 keys to enter" -> That means with 3 people you need 1 key.. usually, but with 3 people u need 2 keys right now. Could that be fixed ? Or if its wanted like this at least that the text gets corrected?

Has the team figured out how to potentially make the element damage into a secondary damage source yet? If yes how will this affect physical and magical classes?

Edited by Dynasto, 18 January 2018 - 03:13 PM.

#15 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Are you guys willing to increase the max soulforce even further than legendary for another soulcraft option on IM and main gear? If you can, when should we be expecting it in the near furture?

What about enchanting past +20. Will another higher enchanting cap be implemented soon? If so, how soon?

Will we ever see powerful items that only come into the game? Purely based off of luck, meaning extremely low drop rates I'm talking lower drop rate than the old 6* element cards. It's nice we can make all the endgame gear and sockets but I sorta miss getting hyped over an extremely rare drop.

Absolute MP and HP cards are pretty dead content, would you guys be willing to make them socketable into rings aswell to give them some sort of Niche use?

Edited by stiffyliffyriffy, 09 January 2018 - 10:36 AM.

#16 Karazingah

Karazingah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

when will be able to mail pets? -to get them to another char we need to sell them in market, which is very risky.

will there finally be a trailer for the next part of arcadia?

will there be an EU server soon or something else for less lag in PvP?

will we get to see the other Dragon-Bosses like the Blue/ Saphire one which was shown in a Dragonica trailer back then?

will anything be done about the ms/as cap because skills like self-destruction or ninja frenzy are now almost useless?!

if you considered to make an Elga expert mode did you think about a new sort of story which leads to a strength increase of Elga? - to be honest i like the idea of an Elga expert mode together with a new sort of bloody which could lead to a rare Ellga Weap or a sort of an  Elga Weap 2.0 with basically the same design but stronger and in different colors or runes on it

Edited by Karazingah, 11 January 2018 - 11:23 AM.

#17 Kalipu

Kalipu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Will there be changes to the F6 mode for lv. 40+ in order to make it more attractive? It was fun when ppl used it for levelling; especially Elluman and Arka. Nowadays levelling happens either without fighting or without teamplay (expert mode). Adjusting exp or adding useful drops might be an option.

Are there statistics about which classes are most played / most popular / most used for different dungeons? If not, it could be interesting and helpful to decide about balancing issues. However, most ppl have all classes, so you should consider their levels as well. Or use voting polls from time to time with 1 vote per ingame account (+ giveaways for random ppl to make them vote).

Is it possible to make a new server?

- Some players have been here for several years and still have heirloom stuff while others joined after other servers were closed.

- It would be fun to start over with everyone at the same time.

- It would also be fun to do this without F7 or expert mode to make it more difficult to proceed and to force ppl to play in teams and achieve things together.

- Parts of the game could be changed to older versions of DS (like no F7 mode and harder jobchanges for lv. 20 and 40).

- Back in chapter 1, set piece drop was splitted on F1 to F4 mode (you could only farm lvl 27 helmets in Alvida F3 for example).

- F4 up to lvl 40 and F6 for level 40 onwards would make the game more challenging and low level content would be used again.

Can you make a chat section for PvP? A lot of ppl are misusing the trade chat for their flame. Blocking them all with all of my own chars is kinda annoying (especially since there are always ppl replying to that sh** ._.)

Edited by Kalipu, 22 January 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#18 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

I will list all my questions and add some more in this post if I get more things to ask. :

Could the Elga Medal be a quest instead of a item you can drop?

Can the Atk speed of male and female chars be the same? I heard that female chars often have a higher atk speed animation = faster atk speed.

Why is there only one ring for the ancestor slot (usually you can wear 2 rings)? Why is it not able to lay the ancestor items back to the ancestor vault? Is it wanted like this?

Could be the damage that twin fighter gets while using blockskills changed to 1 (or maybe more damage), sothat they can be affected from "On-Hit Effects" and Debuffs?

Will there finally be the Lavalon Expert dungeon which should came later (if I'm not wrong)? 

I know you already mentioned there will be no Elga Expert but many people would like to see it so maybe you changed ur mind?

Will there be a new challenge (dungeon) for higher levels (80+), which is veeery difficult (means you really need a group of 3-4 to complete it)?
Maybe there is a very very rare drop (less than bloody drop rate, maybe 1% or 0,5%) which is not that op but a bit stronger as usual things or needed for a new
set? 

Could you make a friend chat button and/or Would it be possible to disable the friend chat in all chats individually as we can for regular, party, guild, trade and system?

Would it be possible to disable the friend chat in all chats individually

Edited by Stophy, 13 January 2018 - 08:38 AM.

#19 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Why is there only one ring for the ancestor slot (usually you can wear 2 rings)? Why is it not able to lay the ancestor items back to the ancestor vault? Is it wanted like this?

For this one i can answer it.  1st : there is only 1 ring slot cause it would be stupid to give more enchant % for a character, ti already easy enough to enchant and giving a other 1% bonus (item will be able to be upgrade later to 2 and 3 star grade) so it would be a bit enchant game breaking at this point)

2 the reason why we cant remove the item is cause it was meant this way, they already told us that. cause if you could place them back you would just pass it to a other character and so on. if you want more ancestor item just lv up and equip them to other account character. 

it not like it long to get a level up in the game. 5 lv up to get a full set for a other character. and the item can be equip to a lv 20+ character

Edited by zirothos, 10 January 2018 - 03:46 PM.

#20 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

Will you fix the DC that occurs for Dragoons in Elga dungeon? This map is practically unplayable for Dragoons, 70% of all my runs results in DC (abnormal client status) Your explanation is that this happens when skills are being canceled. But its not true, it happens anyway which i have explained several times. Your answer is not to cancel skills, but take a look at the skill description which clearly notes that its possible.

#21 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:55 AM

Is there any reason why MC coins are untradeable and the skill cards are named after monsters, not the skills they are for?

Is making the ranking work again in your plans?

What's coming after Arcadia part 3?

#22 Khady

Khady

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:53 AM

• as far i know it should be possible to create intercontinental pvp-lobbies and connecting them with the DragonSaga server is possible too. Since you log out / in when you change channels you could log out / in into different located pvp lobbies. Like logging in into an EU pvp lobby or Asia. This way you would experience way less lag in PvPs which many people over the time asked for.Im curious too, why DragonSaga isn't working on something like this? We dont need a whole new EU server but a small PvP lobby/ server, however you want to call it would be nice and i'm sure it will attract more people to the game.
  • I have somehow the feeling that i get less EXP in expert dungeons from lv 20-50 than in the normal mode. At least leveling feels slower if i compare normal Farrell and Expert Farrell mode. Is that intended? I thought you should get exp noticeable faster than in the normal mode?
  • Will there be any solution for the less inventory space compared to the tons of Event Items? Sadly no InventoryExtensionSlotBackPack was given out this christmas. Imo inventory slots are an essential thing and compared to that they are pretty pricy in the current game.
  • Will there be any chance of getting the Community Appreciation Belt and Shield for newer player? Or smth comparable?

#23 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Question regarding the future of EW:
Will the mode ever lean towards a kill for points system rather than random mission?

Will the mode ever regulate # of players on each team now that smaller lv3 guilds can't use the mercenary system?

Why is the respawn time lower than the island hop time shouldn't they be the same?

What are your thoughts on camping places where enemies jump to? Players respawn in a safe location where they choose which island they go to is it spawn camping still?

Can you add the invincible red shield upon jumping to prevent spawn camping?

Why is the dragon so weak and can you make it stronger so it's somewhat possible to defend?

Questions for the team and developer(s)?

How are decisions as a team made?

How are decisions regarding PvP made by the team? Do they have a consultant that actually PvP's? Not to be rude but the let's play streams are kinda embarrassing to watch as a veteran.

Why can't guild names be mentioned in forums?

What decides which task on your ever growing to-do list needs to be prioritized?

Edited by Apocryphos, 17 January 2018 - 01:36 AM.

#24 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

• Could we possibly get the potions from the RO dungeon put into potion vendor shops? Talking about the Premium HP Potion,Premium MP Potion, and Multi-Potion

• Will we be seeing the next tier of potion added? lvl 80 HP and MP potions 

• Also 1 small question about Emporia....Revenge of wind was blocked from Emporia due to people abusing it making it reflect tons of damage which was a fine decision but could you possibly rework Wind Of Revenge to reflect Flat damage instead of the % damage it once did so we can use them in Emporia again. Example being Wind Of Revenge Grade 1-5 reflecting  100,200,300,400,500 damage respectively or scale it down lower to like 100,125,150,175,200 

Some random Wizard-Sorcerer questions feel free to skip these

• Could Battle Hit be changed into an active skill instead of a passive or just be removed from being a Prerequisite skill to unlocking spear mastery? It really hinders your Game Play just for unlocking a few more Magic Attack

• Time Freeze's Description says that it's suppose to work on anyone no matter any status they're in, But it doesn't "Time Freeze" opponents that are in a frozen state. Could this be changed so people frozen by another skill can actually feel the effect of Time Freeze like it says in the description or can Time Freeze be changed into a Stun skill like Stumblebum similar to how you guys changed Flashbang grenade since The Blind effect wasn't working correctly since Time Freeze also causes lag walking a lot of the time if you some how miraculously land this skill on someone in the first place.

• Soul Drain Currently misses it's first and last hit most of the time, could this be changed so that it hits 100% of the time like most other skills since it locks your character in place when you cast and execute the skill leaving you vulnerable for quite a long time for using such a high risk skill for such little reward. I haven't seen anyone use this skill for anything but if it could actually connect all of its hits, it could be used for fun at least.

Edited by Starkespada1, 13 January 2018 - 07:01 PM.

#25 CampbellNea

CampbellNea

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

- What are the TOP 3 things on the priority list that will be worked on for the game?

- Will certain skill descriptions get updated in near future? A good example would be Perfect Strike i think.

It says Weapon Physical Attack Power 600% and at lvl 5 addtional to it it says it attacks with 800% final Physical Attack Power. I feel nothing of it.

What is the real "multiplicator" of this and similar skills?

- Can we expect changes of skills as in Cooldown, Damage and Debuff/Buff in the future?

Buff like super armor. It would actually be cool if certain skills get a somewhat debuff ability to break super armor! Although i have no idea how it should work. xD

Its a funny idea i think though.

- How relevant is Weapon Magic/Physical Attack Power of Skills in the first place when it comes to PvP?

Is it even worth lvling up skills to 10/10 that only would provide more Attack Power?

One reason for this question is that my friend upgraded his Violent Blow Skill Lvl 5 to Lvl 10 but he felt no real difference in damage.

- Has the team already found ideas on how to solve the issue of: Spamming X > Using Skills ? In terms of damage output

(in comparison of magic classes and physical classes)

- Does the team already have ideas on how to rework evaderate and blockrate yet?

- Will the Arcadia Weapons come with Episode 3 which we got a preview of from the introduction interview of arcadia?

If yes what kind if weapons will they be? :p_idea:

- Question for Popcorn

Is it possible yet to accelerate animation of skills? If yes are there plans yet as to which skills are getting considered for a buff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users