Why RK is still so weak? - Page 6 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why RK is still so weak?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#126 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Tip to all the kids: Nothing beats RG

#127 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

[Snip] stop thinking physical rk can beat db rk pvm efficiency.
[Snip] stop thinking RK DB can beat gx/gene pvm efficiency.

Absolute savage.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2018 - 02:50 AM.
Edited in quote

#128 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

[Snip] stop thinking physical rk can beat db rk pvm efficiency.

that’s not true. For the average RK, physical RK is 100% much stronger than DB in solo efficiency right now. Even at the highest end, there are certain areas that physical RK does much better than DB RK, some of it being really good.

Some example:
1. Sky fortress. Top end phsy RK can finish this instance faster than DB RK due to the instance allowing berserk and double crush strike (one cast before he talk, this allows for you to slap him with one cs and almost instantly cast another crush strike, then zerk straight). I can finish the whole instance in ~2min, it’s a feat beyond most db rks alone.
2. OGH. you don’t need many IB spam when each IB (with holy crimson) instant-kills thr whole group of mobs in second floor. Both MVP dies in one CS too. DbRK will need to spend time on the shadow4 mobs. At most it’s a mix match on who’s better but phys RK is definitely not any less efficient.
3. Certain parts of ET: Sure, DbRK can clear floor 1-85 much more conveniently, but phys RK is able to one hit kill valk on ur budget (one gloom card is enough to hit 3.8M CS alone without turisus on my calculator. If you had thanatos you will overkill with 5M dmg pre-3x), and deal superbly well with the floor after too, especially entweihen where RK is able to charge attack straight to his face and just do IB or cs. DB Rk will eat -_- at these 2 floors.
4. Bio5 lab. With the ability to one-shot most of mob in there, there is no need to avoid any kind of mobs like Db RK has to, especially with randels and solin being easy good for phsy rk rather than avoid targets.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2018 - 02:51 AM.
Edited in quote

#129 Jufi

Jufi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3590 posts
  • LocationOrb
  • Server:Thor & Chaos

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

that’s not true. For the average RK, physical RK is 100% much stronger than DB in solo efficiency right now. Even at the highest end, there are certain areas that physical RK does much better than DB RK, some of it being really good.

Some example:
1. Sky fortress. Top end phsy RK can finish this instance faster than DB RK due to the instance allowing berserk and double crush strike (one cast before he talk, this allows for you to slap him with one cs and almost instantly cast another crush strike, then zerk straight). I can finish the whole instance in ~2min, it’s a feat beyond most db rks alone.
2. OGH. you don’t need many IB spam when each IB (with holy crimson) instant-kills thr whole group of mobs in second floor. Both MVP dies in one CS too. DbRK will need to spend time on the shadow4 mobs. At most it’s a mix match on who’s better but phys RK is definitely not any less efficient.
3. Certain parts of ET: Sure, DbRK can clear floor 1-85 much more conveniently, but phys RK is able to one hit kill valk on ur budget (one gloom card is enough to hit 3.8M CS alone without turisus on my calculator. If you had thanatos you will overkill with 5M dmg pre-3x), and deal superbly well with the floor after too, especially entweihen where RK is able to charge attack straight to his face and just do IB or cs. DB Rk will eat -_- at these 2 floors.
4. Bio5 lab. With the ability to one-shot most of mob in there, there is no need to avoid any kind of mobs like Db RK has to, especially with randels and solin being easy good for phsy rk rather than avoid targets.

Include GMT also but then again there are still people think that DB damage is overbuffs in pvm area. DB rk now a days is very slow in finishing  solo instances that's why we need to buff the db damage. DB RK perks lately, very good on  killing ifrit, bee, master on kiting and mobs sweeper in every party. 

Edited by Jufi, 22 January 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#130 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

DB rk now a days is very slow in finishing  solo instances that's why we need to buff the db damage.

if this was the case, back to square one we need to buff more skills in this game

imma wait for soul reapers and they should be made to 1hit valk or bust

#131 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

RK’s damage can’t even compare to other atk or matk skill based class right now because they got buffed so much by OCP gears. How about RK, can’t really reach 100k damage without MVP, which is so much easier for other atk matk class because of new def mdef bypass gears. If people argue that OCP got so many cast delay reduction gears for DB. I would say it is the same for other classes, and the dps is still -_- with high cast delay reduction. Why is it so hard for GM to release an OCP RK skill based item?

I don't know what are you been playing my friend...

Rz6IvmT.jpg

XgBEzb7.jpg

#132 Jufi

Jufi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3590 posts
  • LocationOrb

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

if this was the case, back to square one we need to buff more skills in this game

imma wait for soul reapers and they should be made to 1hit valk or bust

I dunno I just only asking for damage boost items. Well for good of all DB RK's, we can have also an OCP items if possible that gives 50% damage boost on DB/WDB and give -30% to -100% cast delay. Just like other ocp items now, gives damage boost on certain skill and reduction on variable, fixed and delay cast. 

#133 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

me: oh look another thread about RK

*RK is weak..so weak*

*reads the thread*

*OP got boss cards yet he said RK is weak*

*He got impressive damages*

me:

Spoiler

Edited by Icarus05, 22 January 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#134 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

If RK is weak i would love to know what op thinks about Super Novice. 

#135 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

If RK is weak i would love to know what op thinks about Super Novice. 

lol...

I've seem Super Novice rekt people on WoE so many times.

#136 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

My DB hit for under 100k? on mobs that are not earth or fire. Red Baby Dragon is a good start to balance the OCP.

Wearing a expensive MVP card shouldn't let you do under 100k DMG. => Imbalance 

I post later some Dmg to compare.

Edited by sickgaming1986, 23 January 2018 - 02:11 AM.

#137 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Greetings, a friendly reminder to stay on topic and maintain a constructive argument.

The aggravated postings and name calling will have to cease, should this tone continue strict moderation actions will be taken against problematic accounts.

Edited & removed off topic/dramatic postings.

#138 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

DB rk now a days is very slow in finishing  solo instances that's why we need to buff the db damage.

i still think this makes no sense, and i dont mean that in an offensive way

I dunno I just only asking for damage boost items. Well for good of all DB RK's, we can have also an OCP items if possible that gives 50% damage boost on DB/WDB and give -30% to -100% cast delay. Just like other ocp items now, gives damage boost on certain skill and reduction on variable, fixed and delay cast. 

bolded text = i don't think an ocp should exceed a kiel but i think we already have aftercast delay gears too. and i mean sure, i really don't mind if you guys do get neat gears, but a want is different from a need. all im saying is the reason is a bit of a blur and can always apply to all, unless you're stating rk's should be buffed because they should naturally be at the top of the dps chain which is a bit selfish if you ask me

My DB hit for under 100k? on mobs that are not earth or fire. Red Baby Dragon is a good start to balance the OCP.

Wearing a expensive MVP card shouldn't let you do under 100k DMG. => Imbalance 

I post later some Dmg to compare.

compare damage per second, so take into consideration how many db's you can pull off in a second compared to skills with cooldowns and delays. plus now that we're accepting the utility subject (due to other posts in the thread), i can throw the "rk's can survive more" card  :rice:

#139 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

the whole reason why DB isn't as good as other DPS is because They Forced Fire/Water, This is The Advantages while also disadvantages, same way as Acid Bomb/GoH/GFist Are Forced Netural

TBH Ranting about Particular Skill Weak is Nonsense, Playing class Isn't about Spam 2 Button Skill, It's About how does you can utilize whole skill palate depend on situation on combat, If You Think that DB is Weak on Holy/Shadow Mob Why don't u Utilize other skill On RK Skill Tree, not ranting about release XXX Item in Next BOX to make DB Viable on what the element they weak for

I've Seen DB RK can Utilize Hundred Spear as Well, it also Possible to get a High Refine ORC with Adamantite Enchant to Boost DB while Still Doing Great On HS,

On Party Setup U Might want to try Utilize Clasing Spiral (LK Skill) Combined with good Spear with EA Gear, + Gloomy Shyness from Stringer, it can deal Insane Damage.

All of my friend always ask me, Why u make IB RK, I always said it more viable on lot of instance, and it's true, because I'm not getting elemental handicap By Exchanging a Ranged Spammable AoE, it's work on most setup

Edited by heickelrrx, 23 January 2018 - 04:04 AM.

#140 Jufi

Jufi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3590 posts
  • LocationOrb

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

i still think this makes no sense, and i dont mean that in an offensive way

Doing instances or things with a lesser time usage always makes sense.

Edited by Jufi, 23 January 2018 - 04:36 AM.

#141 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

If someone geared as ppl here claim to be, takes that long to clear instances, they are doing something very wrong.

#142 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:56 AM

i don't get how you didn't get your own statement, you say they're slow in finishing such instances that's why it needs to be buffed. i get the relation to time but how fast do you want the instances in your mind to go? cause db rk's can already clear up some instances fast enough compared to most classes >.> considering we have lotsa undead enemies

unless this was irl, by all means i want you to have rl time, but that means you cut instances from your list to make time cause we can't make the game easier just for your sake

#143 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

i don't get how you didn't get your own statement, you say they're slow in finishing such instances that's why it needs to be buffed. i get the relation to time but how fast do you want the instances in your mind to go? cause db rk's can already clear up some instances fast enough compared to most classes >.> considering we have lotsa undead enemies

unless this was irl, by all means i want you to have rl time, but that means you cut instances from your list to make time cause we can't make the game easier just for your sake

maybe he want to make db more powerful so he won't have problem with shadow/holy mobs

sorry dude,that's not how it is, As any other skill DB need 2 be weak against those 2 because that's simply the drawback of dragon breath

Instead Buffing DB with some random headgear, I believe it's more urgent to push runestone improvement to boost RK potential more, if we talking about RK in general, that's how to exactly buff RK,

with runestone improvement we can easily take par on GX damage 

#144 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

maybe he want to make db more powerful so he won't have problem with shadow/holy mobs

sorry dude,that's not how it is, As any other skill DB need 2 be weak against those 2 because that's simply the drawback of dragon breath

Instead Buffing DB with some random headgear, I believe it's more urgent to push runestone improvement to boost RK potential more, if we talking about RK in general, that's how to exactly buff RK,

with runestone improvement we can easily take par on GX damage 

would agree to this statement, i also pose a little concern if said items were released and it doesn't meet expectations, possibly lower than what most expected or nerfed, to new players and i find it a little off that the ones asking for them are MvP carded players (cause they have access to kiels making them easier to utilize said gear). smells of power creep if you ask me

#145 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

Make dragon breath endowable lol

#146 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

would agree to this statement, i also pose a little concern if said items were released and it doesn't meet expectations, possibly lower than what most expected or nerfed, to new players and i find it a little off that the ones asking for them are MvP carded players (cause they have access to kiels making them easier to utilize said gear). smells of power creep if you ask me

Yeah, this is what concerns me as well. It is clearly a warning sign if a jRO/OCP gear benefits MVP carded players far more than decently geared players and newbie players. It raises a question of whether we need these OP players to be even more OP, and I guess everyone knows the answer.

#147 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

On Party Setup U Might want to try Utilize Clasing Spiral (LK Skill) Combined with good Spear with EA Gear, + Gloomy Shyness from Stringer, it can deal Insane Damage.

I dont think someone that complains about not being able to be in god mode with its gears ever party, since kiel is basically useless if you have strings.

#148 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

Yes the problem is its forced to Fire/Water.

But I think the Red Baby Dragon can compare what the DMG lacks atm to other OP classes that benefit from OPC and Bio5 gear (while RK does not as much).

If I look what my Gene could do with Midas enchant lvl5.

What does Bio5 bring DBRK? More HP.

But as I tested even a 25% hp increase add less to damage. Compared to EA.

Thats why I gona skip Bio5 for DB RK. Not worth getting.

Give us Baby Red Dragon and we can all be fine for a while.

Edited by sickgaming1986, 24 January 2018 - 04:32 AM.

#149 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

Yes the problem is its forced to Fire/Water.

But I think the Red Baby Dragon can compare what the DMG lacks atm to other OP classes that benefit from OPC and Bio5 gear (while RK does not as much).

If I look what my Gene could do with Midas enchant lvl5.

What does Bio5 bring RK? More HP.
But as I tested even a 25% hp increase add less to damage. Compared to EA.

Thats why I gona skip Bio5 for DB RK. Not worth getting.

Give us Baby Red Dragon and we can all be fine for a while.

I think you meant DB and not RK. RK on the whole benefitted greatly from bio5 due to HS/IB boost. There’s nothing much for DB yes, but it’s huge for RK as a class - even as db rk you can use hundred spears for valk now.

#150 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

OCP doubled DB damage output against shadow monsters :)

And if DB damage against these elements still bothers you so much, try using not only DB :)

Edited by Ashuckel, 23 January 2018 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users