Sincere, Earnest Plea to the Staff: Please Respond - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sincere, Earnest Plea to the Staff: Please Respond

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

What does Gravity/WarpPortal have in mind to keep this game alive? Maybe even thrive again? 

Nothing

What is the plan for Renewal and Re:Start? What is the road map? Will they be merged? Will one be removed?

Nothing

What about Gravity's recent game announcements? Will Ragnarok Zero and/or Ragnarok M be made available for us? Will either of them replace Renewal and Re:Start?

aslong it gives $$$ sure.

Is Gravity/WarpPortal doing anything to prevent major disasters like what's happened recently?

ask me again after im done with my donut

Will Gravity/WarpPortal ever really invest in marketing?

uhm, ask me again after some years.

The Answer must be something like that i guess

Edited by Ryuuz0, 08 February 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#27 k0r3

k0r3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

+1 so true  :p_sad:

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

What does Gravity/WarpPortal have in mind to keep this game alive? Maybe even thrive again?
When the issue is fixed we would like to run several drop rate and call back events to help heal the damage caused by this issue. As well as aggressively reduce the amount of zeny floating around. There will also be free VIP weekends and other events.
What is the plan for Renewal and Re:Start? What is the road map? Will they be merged? Will one be removed?
A General 2018 plan for RESTART can be found here: https://forums.warpp...estart-in-2018/
What about Gravity's recent game announcements? Will Ragnarok Zero and/or Ragnarok M be made available for us? Will either of them replace Renewal and Re:Start?
I cannot comment on if we will get either game. The new games are decided on above me and I can only say what I hear. Historically we don't replace games rather they just run their natural life span.
Is Gravity/WarpPortal doing anything to prevent major disasters like what's happened recently?
Currently Gravity is upgrading the tools available to us to oversee the economy better. This including the efforts to prevent the issue from occurring again.
We will be doing more this year to push knowledge of iRO and RESTART into the depths of social media. This will include events where players helping us get the word out will not only earn rewards for themselves but for the entire server at the same time.

#29 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

When the issue is fixed we would like to run several drop rate and call back events to help heal the damage caused by this issue. As well as aggressively reduce the amount of zeny floating around. There will also be free VIP weekends and other events.
A General 2018 plan for RESTART can be found here: https://forums.warpp...estart-in-2018/
I cannot comment on if we will get either game. The new games are decided on above me and I can only say what I hear. Historically we don't replace games rather they just run their natural life span.
Currently Gravity is upgrading the tools available to us to oversee the economy better. This including the efforts to prevent the issue from occurring again.
We will be doing more this year to push knowledge of iRO and RESTART into the depths of social media. This will include events where players helping us get the word out will not only earn rewards for themselves but for the entire server at the same time.

Camp said he ain't having none of your bs today

#30 sp13

sp13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the update, Campitor!

#31 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

When the issue is fixed we would like to run several drop rate and call back events to help heal the damage caused by this issue. As well as aggressively reduce the amount of zeny floating around. There will also be free VIP weekends and other events.
A General 2018 plan for RESTART can be found here: https://forums.warpp...estart-in-2018/
I cannot comment on if we will get either game. The new games are decided on above me and I can only say what I hear. Historically we don't replace games rather they just run their natural life span.

Thx Camp. Appreciate your reply.

#32 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:18 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.

#33 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:25 AM

I'm going to hijack this thread and say this because obviously me trying other ways to get the GMs/CMs to notice my messages is not working.

There have been quite a lot of fire going on at Restart, so there has been little to no response surrounding Renewal player's complaints or concerns for awhile. We no longer get Good Morning threads anymore even. If Restart players feel like they are being ignored, well, now we know how Classic and Renewal server players feel too.

WP told us that they were going to hire more staff for Restart when they were launching the server, and that there would be different staff managing the servers separately... Well, it's not happening. I'm seeing the same staff managing all Restart, Chaos, Thor and Classic servers. So what's going on?

While I am at this, I want to point out the server population on Chaos has been dwindling. Haven't seen it exceed 2k players this past week. Is this not evident enough that the staff are not doing enough to retain players, and quite possibly driving them off, or spreading the player base thin? It just seems to me there's way too many servers competing with each other at this point.

I was honestly surprised why players would believe Restart would be any different if they can't even handle their 3 other servers right. Honestly, we have been stringed along by a chain of lies and I definitely do not see a very bright future outlook for this game. If Chaos dies, it would mark the end of the longest lasting server on iRO.

Base on their history, it also looks like they just resort into merging the servers constantly. If you guys didn't want to play on Renewal for whatever reasons, don't be surprised that they end up merging Restart with Renewal down the path some day anyways and will have to face the same things you tried avoiding in the first place.

For a company that makes millions, but cannot even handle a playerbase around thousands of population, not talking about millions, this speaks volume how bad the greed has gotten at Gravity. They don't care about their players, they just care about $$$.

Edited by WarlockFier, 09 February 2018 - 05:29 AM.

#34 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:37 AM

I haven't poped over at renewal forums in a while. So it's getting worse there still?

#35 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:40 AM

I haven't poped over at renewal forums in a while. So it's getting worse there still?

Nope. Renewal is doing good and getting better unlike restart.

#36 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thank you very much. Just have some follow-up questions:

When the issue is fixed we would like to run several drop rate and call back events to help heal the damage caused by this issue. As well as aggressively reduce the amount of zeny floating around. There will also be free VIP weekends and other events.

Isn't this more of a reparations for recent events? I was thinking more long-term, and the game as a whole. Honestly, there hasn't been anything really innovative with the game in recent years. Just more maps with random monsters, rehashes of older monsters with just different sprites, new headgear and items. Maybe other than the Doram update (which I honestly find the whole concept odd), there doesn't seem to be any new content that makes players really want to get back in again. Of course, I realize Gravity would really be in a better position to answer this, but would the WarpPortal team have any insight?

A General 2018 plan for RESTART can be found here: https://forums.warpp...estart-in-2018/

I did see that, and again, thank you for sharing that road map with us. But again, I am talking in terms of more overall direction. The original plan for Re:Start was to gradually catch up on updates to Renewal. What happens then? Will they merge? Will one disappear? When do you estimate these changes will happen?

Speaking on the concept of Re:Start, it seems these nostalgia-based, "vanilla"-type versions of some MMORPG's are starting to trend (WoW is also doing something similar). However, without proper planning, game companies would just be riding the bandwagon, and crash sooner or later. Once Re:Start catches up or merges with Renewal, then that nostalgia-drive for which Re:Start is banking on will disappear. Then what? Another Re:Start? Would you be able to shed some light on what your end goal is for Re:Start?

I cannot comment on if we will get either game. The new games are decided on above me and I can only say what I hear. Historically we don't replace games rather they just run their natural life span.

I understand. And I appreciate the candid answer. I realize WarpPortal is not always in a position to answer these types of questions, but an open, candid response of saying you have no comment on these things is better than silence. It shows that you are aware of our concerns.

That's very good news. Thank you.

I really hope this is the case. From what I've seen, Gravity/WarpPortal's advertising has been sub-par for a while. I've only seen advertisements in places like MMORPG sites, where we're pushed out of the spotlight by more newer, larger, and/or popular games. Facebook is losing it's effectiveness as a social media site. RO seems to be one of the few games whose actual company's channel/videos are not first in the search results on YouTube. Instagram is a very popular social media outlet, with the benefit of being able to show short videos of game-play, but I can only find WarpPortal's company account (which isn't even verified), and no account for RO. Hope this will improve.

Again, thanks for taking time to reply. And all of my comments and questions are sincere.

#37 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, I dont think its a good idea for ppls to point fingers at Cinnamon. All she does is trying to help, she doesnt even get paid for doing this. If you have issues and complaints, you are barking up the wrong tree.

#38 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

I agree with WarlockFier 100%. When I heard that Restart was a classic-style server with Renewal mechanics, I was intrigued. However, when I read that Restart was going to progress to the point where Chaos is, I figured what's the point? It would just be another renewal server, and would be merged with Chaos, much like I suspect Thor's going to be sooner or later. So everyone who was wanting a new server for different reason will be back on Chaos anyway.

#39 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

Nope. Renewal is doing good and getting better unlike restart.

Nope, Renewal Chaos / Thor / Classic and now RE:Start are in the same nightmare, now GMs only post something and everyone is happy thinking "all will be fine now" and the sad part is this happen every time and the result is the same, no GM actions and players give excuses to help those GMs...

Lets see

Renewal Chaos / Thor: Scam from GMs selling boxes with a lot of bug gears than dont work properly or sometimes not even a good descriptions

Classic was a lot of promises like RE:Star and was the same stuff kill the game, at GMs try to save when the server was already dead...

RE:Start: Bots, Dup items, P2W and finally bounty boards, just a few months (if the server get alive again with the trans class...) will get gramps NPC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users