Merry Badger Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Merry Badger Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
292 replies to this topic

#26 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Very nice incentive for having VIP  :thumb:

#27 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

I just gonna say... by this point sounds like WP Staff is forcing us to buy items with IRL money

I thought this game it was Free To Play and the WP it was just a way from the player to do a "DONATION" to the server, not a requeriment to be and enjoy the game.

Why are you punishing the free to play players?
Why the item expire? if sometimes you success the instance without die, you can save up these tokens for next day tomorrow or the following days in the week

Why don't you just make them 10 tokens limit on inventory or storge? without "expire time" just.. 10 tokens on your inventory or storge

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

I just gonna say... by this point sounds like WP Staff is forcing us to buy items with IRL money

I thought this game it was Free To Play and the WP it was just a way from the player to do a "DONATION" to the server, not a requeriment to be and enjoy the game.

Why the item expire? if sometimes you success the instance without die, you can save up these tokens for next day tomorrow or the following days in the week

Why don't you just make them 10 tokens limit on inventory or storge? without "expire time" just.. 10 tokens on your inventory or storge

Npcs just can't read storage in that manner.

#29 ParkWonJae

ParkWonJae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Once per 20 hrs Mini VIP Characters above level 50 will be able to claim 10 Tokens of Siegfried from the VIP services npc

• Claimed tokens will last 9 Hrs and then disappear if not used.
  • This is on a per character basis

Mini VIP can be purchased for 3 days at a time at a cost of 8 Eden Merit Badges (Converted into magical stones). 

Speaking of Magical Stone please fix the description and all NPC related to it.

Thanks

#30 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

The idea that was just presented is actually much much better. 

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hmm if the tokens are account bound and the level req is 50+ thats 120 tokens a day right? How many were these abusers using that 120 tokens is less of an issue?

#32 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Oh good. Pay more guys, for VIP!

#33 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Npcs just can't read storage in that manner.

It shouldn't matter how many people have in storage, you can't fix the mass stockpile a lot of abusers have, but you can use the code used to max "Ancilla" carry to make a max 10 tokens in your inventory at 1 time. People would have to get a TON of Karfa Cards to even make their stockpile viable for spamming.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 14 February 2018 - 10:11 PM.

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Once per 20 hrs Mini VIP Characters above level 50 will be able to claim 10 Tokens of Siegfried from the VIP services npc

• Claimed tokens will last 9 Hrs and then disappear if not used.
  • This is on a per character basis

Mini VIP can be purchased for 3 days at a time at a cost of 8 Eden Merit Badges (Converted into magical stones). 

#35 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

There is a non-VIP option, but I still think it's not a great solution.

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

It shouldn't matter how many people have in storage, you can't fix the mass stockpile a lot of abusers have, but you can use the code used to max "Ancilla" carry to make a max 10 tokens in your inventory at 1 time. People would have to get a TON of Karfa Cards to even make their stockpile viable for spamming.

I believe the limitation on Ancilla is set due to the skill not letting you summon more.

#37 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

What about the delay time loss like lags, npc dialogues, walking and most of all dc and then you need to go through it again.. why not clickable version buff?

#38 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

Just look Camp, you don't stop the main problem with this, if they can stack all these tokens in 1 char, if they can claim 10 tokens per char, then they can claim 120 tokens and do spam 120 tokens everyday. so the "token spam" still able

I think it's much better just command the inventory to only hold 10 tokens as limit and remove the "expire time" also make able to free acc get these tokens as well, but only 10 per inventory, to avoid the spam abuse.

Don't you think?

#39 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

This Oligarchy game feel not much attractive to me anymore .

Thanks for clarify things. Now i understand this not much better than pServers.

Edited by zeywei, 14 February 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#40 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4120 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

Change the buff to acc bound/char bound BM/BG/JM please

#41 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

just change the token to Character Bound, 

#42 JackPurcell

JackPurcell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationHostel
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

Permenant VIP buff please...

#43 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Just look Camp, you don't stop the main problem with this, if they can stack all these tokens in 1 char, if they can claim 10 tokens per char, then they can claim 120 tokens and do spam 120 tokens everyday. so the "token spam" still able

I think it's much better just command the inventory to only hold 10 tokens as limit and remove the "expire time" also make able to free acc get these tokens as well, but only 10 per inventory, to avoid the spam abuse.

Don't you think?

I have to agree here. There will still be spam with account bound "time expire" tokens. There is clearly code in iRO for carry limit on certain items, so why not use that code for tokens and just stop making this harder than it needs to be. You will NEVER get rid of the abuser's huge stockpile and they will just get free tokens to burn first now.

#44 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

Maybe, you can look for Rune script, where Rune Knight can only carry 20 for each runes 

#45 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

oh, that was quite a relief, for now. Good job on VIP perks and mini-VIP with token expansion. 

#46 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

For those who are unfamiliar with Mini VIP, here is a breakdown of what it offers: https://irowiki.org/...arison#Mini-VIP

Mini-VIP
For a cost of two 2 pcs. Magical Stone (8 Eden Merit Badges), players can temporarily gain many of the benefits that full VIP accounts receive on the single character that redeems the stones. The "subscription" lasts for 72 hours after redeeming the stones (maintenance periods run down the clock). This mini-subscription can be enabled via the following NPCs:

Gramps (Eden Group)
Sign (/navi gef_fild07 264/286)
Premium Service Guard (Eden Group)

Benefits of this mini-subscription include:
Overlook Water Dungeon and High Orcs Field Map Access
Primo D' Buffer stats
VIP Warps (Including Weekly Turn-Ins Maps, Overlook Dungeon, and High Orcs Field)
Gramps will give both quests at the same time (he will NOT give the bonus EXP or ability to combine Base/Job EXP)
Access to the second storage via Kafra and Cool Event NPCs.

All of this is accessible without spending a dime. Badges can be acquired by many ways including doing Gramps TIs, Full Bounty Board turn ins, and exchanging the Facework Skin garments. This means no real life money is required to still gain access to some "oops, I died!" tokens each day to ease your playing without making them overly abundant.

Edited by VModMango, 14 February 2018 - 10:22 PM.
formatting

#47 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

So non-VIP is 16 EMB = 30 Tokens.

Btw, account bound means 30 per character - can be compiled on 1 character for spamming still.... in addition to the stockpile they already have in storage.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 14 February 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#48 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Thank you for the HALTER LEAD RENTALS!!! I really want to use mounts. Looks like many users will be able to access such feature now.
Thanks for this FREE TO WIN feature!!

#49 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately the was a handful of users who were consuming tokens like I would consume donuts. 

CAMP, THINK OF THE ORPHANED DONUT KIDS #donutlivesmatter

#50 laileong

laileong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

hahaha.. this gonna make normal gfss increasing in price again 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users