If you ever want to play RK, do not miss storm stone now. - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

If you ever want to play RK, do not miss storm stone now.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:11 AM

Sup guys,

just want to point out now while storm stone is in current OCP. If you're ever intending to play any sorts of RK, either str or DB, and you dont have any RK EQ yet, this is the best time ever to get into RK. Not that RK's very fantastic or anything, but they are pretty fun and still viable (both str/db, crit will be very viable when 16.2 rune improvement hits).

DB RK part:

Unlike long ago in the past, DB RK used to be playable only by super-rich players (both time-rich or cash-rich), who could afford 2kiels 1 tao. Multiple past OCP items made DB RK viable for the others, as my old post for 90% delay reduction has shown. However, even that was still pretty expensive, as heartwing hairband cost 2B, med scrub 1.5B, FAW+9 and all the other crap. You'd pay around 8-9B for just a working DB RK that's never as strong as a gene or GX.

HOWEVER, the latest stormstone combo changes all that. It now cost you only 1b-2B to get a full working set of DB RK gears that works as good as having all those OCP or even better. You only need to switch shoes for aura blade.

gears:

Storm stone-> 130M

TGL+9 EA9-> 350M

PEUZ SET un-upgraded-> 40M (can also get 250SP enchant on peuz accessory eventually)

upgrade peuz plate to +9-> around 200M-300M (enrich can be lower) (dont bother with other parts)

+9 Vanagard helm-> 650M

hero mask+strawberry->400M

Incubus pet-> 30M

any upgrade temporal dex with verit/firelock with+9 --> 10m-350M

TOTAL= 1.8B-2B

my db rk has around 100K hp and 4.6ksp with just those gears above and can fully play 90% aftercast. It's pretty damn good. 

Zayaan's video shows this very well, and his peuz plate isnt even upgraded.

Physical RK:

stormstone+ gelerdria itself is super strong regardless of whether u use true seyren or not, since it has a massive 50% boss dmg boost even before the additional damage to water, wind, insect and fish. With this huge bonus, just 2 +9 gelerdria, one anti-medium and one anti-large, will allow you to beat every instance with ease since you can use both hundred spears and ignition break. Faceworm in particular is very good to kill with this combo since it's insect race.

Also, even if you're poor and want to play physical RK, you can swap your second accessory to just a peuz seal and be pretty good since stormstone makes peuz seal get another 5% atk, aspd and sp. The only true cost to this is of course the old rune circlet, which every physical rk will need anyway.

gears:

old rune circlet +8 above.

any mid/lower you can afford

stormstone+ gelerdria combo. If use true seyren, u only need 1 weapon for basically everything; if without, use 2+9 gelerdria.

temporal str ea4/fs7

EDA+10 is all you need to run everywhere with leech. Abusive and stuff are all luxury for additional dmg

wakwak garment+7, menblatt card/raydric

peuz seal or any other luxury accessory like BSG/GP; BSG is preferred over GP.

gaia shield/madbunny.

The best part of physical str RK is actually just that its optimal for the lazy players. I get a lot of complains from my wife when playing DB RK because im clicking like crazy trying to move and spam fire, but with my str RK its just 1 button a second, not much clicking and bigger damage numbers make up for the lack of spam.

YOU MAY EVEN GO HYBRID AND PLAY BOTH ON THE SAME RK SINCE all you need is 120dex to play DB RK with your storm stone:) Good to deal with agi-up mvps for example.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 February 2018 - 08:11 AM.

#2 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

awesome post Crosscy!

Zayaan's vid also motivated me to play RK again.

+9 TGL EA 7-8 is around 250M though.

And a +4 RWH could even be sufficient as I use one. I simply switch to Thanatos weapon when I'm really low in SP.

There's one thing that's bothering me though.

I saw your DB vid and I notice that you could easily chain your DB.

Your RK doesn't bow down and usually keeps his head up chaining DB as a result.

My RK and Zayaan have to move around right after casting DB to get rid of the whole bowing down animation.

Could you help us on this?

Thanks

#3 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

Inb4 you're accused of reselling Storm Stones

awesome post Crosscy!

Zayaan's vid also motivated me to play RK again

And that's all I set out to do with those videos. :)

There's one thing that's bothering me though.

I saw your DB vid and I notice that you could easily chain your DB.

Your RK doesn't bow down and usually keeps his head up chaining DB as a result.

My RK and Zayaan have to move around right after casting DB to get rid of the whole bowing down animation.

Could you help us on this?

Thanks

It's because Cross is lagging. The laggier it is, the easier it is to chain DB (and other skills). Refer to:

Edited by Zayaan, 25 February 2018 - 09:13 AM.

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

its a certain aspd/cast time that will allow you to do it. You must have cast time but it cant be too slow, and at least 188-190aspd i think. edit: and lag too. the cast time goes with the lag to get the ping package jsut nice..

But in all regards, DB RK's all about moving and shooting anyway, it doesnt really matter. its just tedious hand clicking that my wife hates so i cant play too much db since i play in master bedroom at nights only...

@zayaan, hehe if i wanted to only resell it for higher value i'd post it after storm stone is gone. I certainly am stacking up stones now but im trying to let others know not to miss it now xD

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 February 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#5 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

I see what you are doing @blackcrosscy, you bought storm stone when it was 500m, expecting to resell it for billions! But instead, its price lowered to 200m, that's why you've been recommending it to everyone!! You want it's price to increase so you dont lose your valuable zeny!!!

7BSKYKA.png

jk

Spoiler

#6 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

I've heard about having latency or lag enables you to spam skills that need mouse click.

Skills like Rolling Cutter and Magnum Break, I can spam no problem.

look at how cleofe spams his DB here:

#7 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

I've heard about having latency or lag enables you to spam skills that need mouse click.

Skills like Rolling Cutter and Magnum Break, I can spam no problem.

look at how cleofe spams his DB here:

Nevermind, ignore what I just said. I should have watched the full video.

He's able to chain it because he's attacking someone who has Endure active. Skill animations are based on ASPD rather than what is defined by the act file when attacking such targets.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 February 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

hitting enemies with Endure on them essentially gives you nodelay :v

#9 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

You realize that you probably gave up at least half your total damage to be able to get a 70% delay reduction buff right? Storm Stone for physical is great though quite the nice damage multiplier since you get 3 different ones in a 2 gear combo, but the DB is more like a downgrade imo, is an actual viable build don't get me wrong, i just find it a lot of a hassle to to achieve OK-ish results, i just think that getting someone to play maestro with you shouldn't be avoided like the plague in favor of spending zeny on gears that Maestro can do for a insignificant fraction of the cost, i mean the game is labelled MMO for a reason i think.

#10 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

not sure if it's Endure alone. I've seen Ace from OPC guild spam DB at similar speed on a GX.

sadly that was years ago and I didn't able record it. i should have.

How about this one: (Go at 0:21)

Edited by awesomegeek, 25 February 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#11 Guitarlum

Guitarlum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

You realize that you probably gave up at least half your total damage to be able to get a 70% delay reduction buff right? Storm Stone for physical is great though quite the nice damage multiplier since you get 3 different ones in a 2 gear combo, but the DB is more like a downgrade imo, is an actual viable build don't get me wrong, i just find it a lot of a hassle to to achieve OK-ish results, i just think that getting someone to play maestro with you shouldn't be avoided like the plague in favor of spending zeny on gears that Maestro can do for a insignificant fraction of the cost, i mean the game is labelled MMO for a reason i think.

You give up a lot less dmg with this build than the standard non-mvp 90% ACD reduction build.

+ You can take full advantage of red baby dragon because you don't give up ACD headgear

Edited by Guitarlum, 25 February 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#12 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Inb4 storm stone prices jumps to 300-400m. lol. Should've bought one when I first saw your vid. 

Anyway, wouldn't new wave sunglasses be better for mid so you could go 100% delay redux?

#13 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

On iRO dragon breath has 0.2 sec cooldown

Edited by MrLekkz, 25 February 2018 - 04:20 PM.

#14 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

That’s really neat

If you can set up a macro for Aura Blade/Boot switch every 10s you don’t need even to worry

I also like to spam Clashing Spiral, it’s fun

Edit: +1 Red Dragon Baby Hat

Edited by fenrir99, 25 February 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#15 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

will this set-up make DB leveling easier at 100-130? 

#16 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

you can go straight to db at level 100+. Just adopt the gears i’ve mentioned above. As long as you have 120dex, db is just about kiting and shooting. Your dmg may not be the strongest at first but it’s good enough to farm fast and efficiently as the mobs also don’t have a lot of HP.

#17 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

YOU MAY EVEN GO HYBRID AND PLAY BOTH ON THE SAME RK SINCE all you need is 120dex to play DB RK with your storm stone:) Good to deal with agi-up mvps for example.

How is the stats build for this hybrid while leveling? Straight up 120 dex asap and then how much str/agi/int/vit should be prioritized?

#18 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

I am trying to understand how this works with DB, so from reading the OP I concluded that Storm stone set bonuses benefits DB? Like the boss bonuses and all that?

Edited by MikeWolf, 10 March 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#19 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

If you use aura blade while wearing peuz's set + storm stone, you will receive a buff that reduces your "after" cast delay by 70% for 10 seconds.

Edited by MrLekkz, 10 March 2018 - 08:16 PM.

#20 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

Hmm but that requires you to wear the full set. Seems like a bit of testing is in order =]

If you use aura blade while wearing peuz's set + storm stone, you will receive a buff that reduces your "after" cast delay by 70% for 10 seconds.

#21 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

You can switch gears after using aura blade.

#22 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

when u think about it

it's possible for DB RK get a Hundred Spear, it's ranged Physical attack which greatly boosted by EA gear, but ORC is must

the core of DB RK are 120 dex, can tweak the distribution of STR/INT/VIT for optimal damage, while giving the boost on HS

can also use tengu set for more damage on HS. but it might smarter to use the fund to Overupgrade ORC and enchant it, can go Adamantaite or Mettle depend user preference 

this way I hope ppl stop complaining about the damage so low on shadow/holy mob, 

Edited by heickelrrx, 13 March 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#23 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

DB Damage is low on holy/shadow mobs but this is exactly how it is meant to me. As someone with WL main my class also struggles against mobs of these two elements, but I feel this is how the class was designed to be so I don’t complain about this. Each class or build is meant to have strengths and weaknesses, DB RK ain’t meant to kill holy/shadow monsters. You just use a different class for this purpose instead.

#24 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

does stormm stone give aspd 5% bonus, cause i dont see it in my stats, or is it somehow hidden?

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:23 AM

ya it does. You probably have quite high aspd so it’s not enough tj show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users