Trying game again, completely forgot EVERYTHING I was doing - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Trying game again, completely forgot EVERYTHING I was doing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

...and apparently I'm a level 132 bourgois...I don't remember MAKING this character, let alone getting this far on her! D:

What should my gear be?  
If it's not that then where/how/when of the needed gear?
I'm unsure if this is what I was going for, but I'd like to be a purely PvM both 'for fun' and Farming launcher Bourgois.
I apparently have reset stuff I can use for stats and skills, but my skills appear to already be reset.

#2 NigHHt

NigHHt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCkuj Napoca
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Dragonis

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

Use any gear util you get your courage set from valors , get Luna set with 6ocrit/60mspd , get eyepatch with 60crit/60mspd , risen phoenix with 60crit/60mspd , head +wep use skill gem power on body/arm and shoes use max 60crit/60mspd then your good to go :)

About skill i can tell you once i open my bourg you can contact me ing MeNewbie !

Welcome back to Rose online <3

#3 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

welcome back to rose online.

I am not a bourg player, but if you need any other help, just message me.

You can also join a ROSE discord

Hope you will enjoy the game.

Edited by VModCupcake, 11 March 2018 - 11:02 PM.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:21 AM

Hi and welcome back!

Initially you will want to work on leveling.  I can reinforce some gear for you when I am home. That will help with surviving.  For stats you will want to have the strength to equip your launcher and con/sen. Charm helps make your self buffs stronger as well as your skills that do damage over time.  Skills are a personal choice but just be sure you only add points to skills that require the weapon you are using (don't get a gun skill if you are a launcher bourg etc).  Launcher bourgs have some decent aoe's, which is nice.

We do have a ROSE Discord chat for the whole community (as opposed to a specific clan's Discord chat like Lijona linked) Here is the info on that. You are welcome to join either or both.  I know someone in our chat can be more detailed on what you need or will need than me. I have a bourg but it's not my main toon. 

Try not to be overwhelmed. There have been a lot of changes but it won't take you long to readjust. We have many returning players so you aren't the only one who feels lost.  It's like riding a bike, you never really forget :P

I am looking forward to meeting you!

Edited by HoneyBunz, 14 March 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

welcome back to rose online.

I am not a bourg player, but if you need any other help, just message me.

You can also join the ROSE discord

Hope you will enjoy the game.

Nice try, but that's the Veterans Clan discord, not the >snip< community Discord server. 

@OP;

Feel free to join the >snip< community Discord

https://forums.warpp...iscord-service/

There's plenty of people in there and active as we speak who can point you in all the right and wrong directions you please. 

Edited by VModCupcake, 11 March 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#6 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

OP:

>snip<

The Discord Server I promote is another Discord Server.

Made for Veterans Clan, but Veterans Clan always helps new players, returning players... and so the Discord server is open for all.

Edited by VModCupcake, 11 March 2018 - 11:07 PM.

#7 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Or you can just join both discord servers and call it a day.

#8 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

haha, that is also a nice idea

#9 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

1.  I'm not sure what Valor is in this case...is it a currency of sorts?

2.  If I concentrate on leveling then where should I go and how should I get there?  I'm currently in front of Junon Polis, completely forgot about how travelling works in this game.
And is this guide https://forums.warpp...leveling-guide/ up to date?

3.  And is THIS guide https://forums.warpp...ourgeois-guide/ up to date as well?
It looks like I went along the lines of 2 Con and 1 Str, doesn't look like I put any points in Sen....

4.  Social anxiety issues make discord kind of .... weird for me, but I'm aware that I should get over that and try it out again sometime. x_X

#10 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

1.  I'm not sure what Valor is in this case...is it a currency of sorts?

You acquire valor points through certain quests, and through dungeons (which you will be joining once you are level 210). You can spend them at he valor npcs (frog guys) in southwest junon on pvm gear, and many other items. You can see the amount of valor points you have in the character stats window.

2.  If I concentrate on leveling then where should I go and how should I get there?  I'm currently in front of Junon Polis, completely forgot about how travelling works in this game.
And is this guide https://forums.warpp...leveling-guide/ up to date?

That leveling guide should still be relatively accurate. Except once you get to high enough level you will be leveling in the Fossil Sanctuary and or Dungeons (Cave of Ulverick specifically)

3.  And is THIS guide https://forums.warpp...ourgeois-guide/ up to date as well?
It looks like I went along the lines of 2 Con and 1 Str, doesn't look like I put any points in Sen....

That bourg guide is extremely outdated with an older skills system that was in place.

4.  Social anxiety issues make discord kind of .... weird for me, but I'm aware that I should get over that and try it out again sometime. x_X

No one ever really uses voice chat in these if thats your concern.  You can treat the discord as the forums with faster responses.

For Launcher Bourg stats you'll want high con (dont need to max it), then some amount of str and sen, then likely followed by some charm.

If you want a really general ratio do something along the lines of this:

4 Con/2.5 Str/2 Sen/ 1.5 cha

Edited by Phish, 11 March 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#11 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Is there an up to date stat calculator anywhere?

#12 charzlight

charzlight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

What is the purpose of CHA in bourge? crit def? and higher change of drop rate? 

#13 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

What is the purpose of CHA in bourge? crit def? and higher change of drop rate? 

Crit def and higher DoT

#14 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Okay, I think the leveling guide suggested Oblivion Temple for my level, but entering brings up a queue menu.
Is it a group thing or soloable?

#15 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

Okay, I think the leveling guide suggested Oblivion Temple for my level, but entering brings up a queue menu.
Is it a group thing or soloable?

It sounds like you clicked on the Game Arena. To level in Oblivion Temple you need to go to the actual temple. It's located in Ell Verloon on Junon planet. Talk to the npc outside to be teleported in. I don't know if it's something you can handle alone but the only way to find out is to try. 

Also we have a new community Discord chat now. I know you said you might not be comfortable in that kind of chat but if you ever change your mind, here is the link.  I promise no one bites in the chat and it's a good place to ask questions or get advice.

Hope to see you there!

#16 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thats Halls of Oblivion, a dungeon you are looking at. While they do exist for your level, you wont ever find a group of people to enter them before 210. The leveling guide was referring to Oblivion Temple, which is in El Verloon Desert.

#17 SisterBelle

SisterBelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Okay, stats...taken care of.
Gear...taken care of as well.
Unsure if my skill build is decent, but it seems to work for what I need it for.
For now I'm grinding north of Xita Refuge and doing the related valor quests there.
I THINK I'm getting the hang of things. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users