RESTART March 21st Update Information Station - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART March 21st Update Information Station

103 replies to this topic

#51 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

I need to know about the skills to start thinking about my build, how is going to be the mathematics for acid bomb?
I need to know about the skills to start thinking about my build, how is going to be the mathematics for acid bomb?

I don't have access to damage formula and cannot share that. But acid demonstration/acid bomb currently has the following settings.

Fixed Cast Delay: 0
Stat Cast Delay: 1000 (All Levels)
Global Post Delay: 1000
Single Post Delay: 0

#52 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

I don't have access to damage formula and cannot share that. But acid demonstration currently has the following settings.

So again, what about a test server or a full stat reset incase people do screw up after putting in a lot of work for the trans exp table

#53 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

AB formula in Renewal is as follows, though I don't know if it is the same for Restart so :U

A = floor[ATK * RangedMultiplier];
B = floor[A * RangedDamageReduction];
C = floor[B + MATK];
D = floor[C * TargetVit];
E = floor[D - ((HardDEF - SoftDEF) + (HardMDEF + SoftMDEF))];
F = floor[E * 0.7];
G = PropertyMultiplier(F, SkillPropertyMultiplier); #Forces neutral elemental damage
H = SkillHitRounding(G, 10); #Applies 10 animated hits
I = floor[H * FinalDamageReduction];
J = PreventNegativeDamage(I);

It's about 99.991% accurate.

#54 moogoesthecow

moogoesthecow

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

So again, what about a test server or a full stat reset incase people do screw up after putting in a lot of work for the trans exp table

You can get to 99/50 in what? Maybe a week or less in Juperos with the meta leech combo party?   Test servers would be nice, but kills the spirit of RO.  Provide a full stat reset that can be abused by a stronger MVP/PVP class?  I would say no to that.

AB formula in Renewal is as follows, though I don't know if it is the same for Restart so :U

A = floor[ATK * RangedMultiplier];
B = floor[A * RangedDamageReduction];
C = floor[B + MATK];
D = floor[C * TargetVit];
E = floor[D - ((HardDEF - SoftDEF) + (HardMDEF + SoftMDEF))];
F = floor[E * 0.7];
G = PropertyMultiplier(F, SkillPropertyMultiplier); #Forces neutral elemental damage
H = SkillHitRounding(G, 10); #Applies 10 animated hits
I = floor[H * FinalDamageReduction];
J = PreventNegativeDamage(I);

It's about 99.991% accurate.

This is akin to presenting calculus to 4th graders!  Make me a spreadsheet please! 

Edited by moogoesthecow, 14 March 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#55 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

This is akin to presenting calculus to 4th graders!  Make me a spreadsheet please! 

tl;dr: IF the formula is the same on Restart, you want high attack weapons, whatever the highest attack you can get. Build would be something like STR > DEX > INT > VIT ?

#56 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

You can get to 99/50 in what? Maybe a week or less in Juperos with the meta leech combo party? Test servers would be nice, but kills the spirit of RO. Provide a full stat reset that can be abused by a stronger MVP/PVP class? I would say no to that.

This is akin to presenting calculus to 4th graders! Make me a spreadsheet please!

99/70 and some people will take much longer than a week, a one time full stat reset could not hurt, I don't mean like cash shop reset anytime

#57 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

I don't have access to damage formula and cannot share that. But acid demonstration/acid bomb currently has the following settings.

What I need to know is what is going to influence the damage, will it be only int and targets vit, as pre-renewal, os is it going to be Atk and Matk. It make all the difference, the first option I will keep 99 int and 1 str, and the second one I will get more str than int

And I also have a friend who plays priest worried about the assumptio skill effect. Will it be 50% damage reduction?

Edited by Drengineer, 14 March 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#58 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

What I need to know is what is going to influence the damage, will it be only int and targets vit, as pre-renewal, os is it going to be Atk and Matk. It make all the difference, the first option I will keep 99 int and 1 str, and the second one I will get more str than int

Atk and matk influence it

#59 moogoesthecow

moogoesthecow

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

99/70 and some people will take much longer than a week, a one time full stat reset could not hurt, I don't mean like cash shop reset anytime

I meant 99/50 alchemist.  So you mean you would like to play your trans character from day 1 and have the ability to stat reset when the popular meta build is revealed by someone who took the time to level the same class multiple times in order to find out what build scheme works best for PVP or MVP?  

#60 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

I meant 99/50 alchemist. So you mean you would like to play your trans character from day 1 and have the ability to stat reset when the popular meta build is revealed by someone who took the time to level the same class multiple times in order to find out what build scheme works best for PVP or MVP?

I'm saying try 1 build and if it doesn't work at least we don't need to make another, and for the record I alrdy have more than 1 99 alchemist but would rather have be a chance to not screw up 1 char. But, I know I can 99/70 in a reasonable time, but others might not, the other who will take weeks to achieve it and if they screw up, that can cause ppl to quit

#61 dbawzzz

dbawzzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

ok, so how long will be the extension of this maintenance????

#62 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Ok so upon first reaction, to the exp table, might have been off. But we do need some clarification. On the spreadsheet,where it states level 1, Does that mean Level 1 -> 2 and then its the exp required to level up? Does that trend correctly going further down the list. This would definitely help in understanding other than just seeing the Big giant number at 99 at the end.

Camp?

#63 VModSoup

VModSoup

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Ok so upon first reaction, to the exp table, might have been off. But we do need some clarification. On the spreadsheet,where it states level 1, Does that mean Level 1 -> 2 and then its the exp required to level up? Does that trend correctly going further down the list. This would definitely help in understanding other than just seeing the Big giant number at 99 at the end.

Camp?

I checked for you. 858m is the exp needed for 98-99 trans.

However I agree the sheet is confusing and will see into getting it fixed.

#64 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

I checked for you. 858m is the exp needed for 98-99 trans.

However I agree the sheet is confusing and will see into getting it fixed.

I appreciate the check soup. Makes my initial reaction warranted though.

#65 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

@Campitor:
Where are the monster summon lists?
And the MvP/Monster Drop tables.

Is there are reason 80% of the questions in here get ignored :hmm:

I still would like to know where the sword guardian card came from. Is there a gm creating items? :hmm:

^

#66 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

@Campitor:

Where are the monster summon lists?

And the MvP/Monster Drop tables.

Is there are reason 80% of the questions in here get ignored  :hmm:

I still would like to know where the sword guardian card came from. Is there a gm creating items?  :hmm:

Tomorrow after maintenances for the rest of the data.

I don't have enough time in the day.

Sadly no. If it was that simple it would have been resolved by now.

#67 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

@Camp gosh just use Increase Agi and you can do it faster it increases speed nice Aco skill pls

#68 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

The experience table is made for ppl who play 24/7, who doesn’t play 24/7 is never going to reach 99. WP just made an exp table that basically kick me off the game

No. warpportal do a exp table that didnt let people who play 24/7 reach lv 99 the first or second day after trans update. If u handle to play 1 or 2 hours per day u even didnt reach 99 in non-trans class. Anyway this mean people should put a efford into their characters. Dont going to see ten 99 characters per player in the first week. Sorry but ragnarok was slow since they start thats why exist private servers with high rates for people who dont have time to grind, farm , lvl up. 

#69 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

I'm saying try 1 build and if it doesn't work at least we don't need to make another, and for the record I alrdy have more than 1 99 alchemist but would rather have be a chance to not screw up 1 char. But, I know I can 99/70 in a reasonable time, but others might not, the other who will take weeks to achieve it and if they screw up, that can cause ppl to quit

Im very sure if u take 1 month to get one character to 99/70. That person r going to try to dont waste their character and r going to check coments and guides made by idk u or any other 24/7 player who already tested alchemist in all the builds possible. This means we r not going to see a server with full meta builds. At least not the first month. There going to be full test and error. This going to keep people busy for months at least 1 year or 2 till 3rd classes reach server. Please u need to see how many people got bored from game after exp events before trans. We lost at least 1k players there. And that people r going back now because trans is coming. But was away at the start because got bored. If u could get 99 in 3 days whats the point to keep playing? better equip me chars them wait to next update. There was alot of people with that meaning of the game. And if u make trans easy too. People r going to go out after get 99/70 to wait idk endless tower or another update. Let people get angry and fun with this game dont make it a 1 way build up game. Where everyclass have 1 meta build since start. And everyone go for it.

#70 Okazaki1596

Okazaki1596

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

First, you won't have to worry about someone making the same character five times to get a build correct because no character aside from LK will be able to reach 99/70 on its own (certainly not outside of a party). 

Secondly, on this server it's already accepted that if you are making anything that isn't a knight. You better be making a knight to leech it with. Leveling anything that isn't a knight is a complete waste of time.

Third, if there is no way to stat reset at least once we are just going to end up back at square 1. Better be making a knight with any character you make! For instance I would rather have a scholar be able to at least be able to kill for exp with some type of bolter build and then be able to switch to a WoE build (that will most likely make it useless in PvM) than have to make a lord knight to leech my scholar with while it sits in the corner of jup.

Fourth, my suggestion (not saying its the answer to all problems but use it as a frame of reference) Maybe do something like three resets per account so even if a character is deleted you already used up your reset, also making it available in the future would also help other players who want to join instead of making it seem like it was a first come first serve type of thing where anyone who joins afterwards would be reverted back to LK leech.

It's fine if you want the server to stay the way it is, if you enjoy making knight after knight to leech your other classes because you can't afford to solo level it because you can't even come close to begin to attempt to level a support class with proper PvP stats. Good luck doing anything with a FS scholar or paladin that will have to rely on the hopes of being able to join a party to level right? Yeah just join a party and you can FS to max duh cmon right? Well who's gonna want to make a bard, wizard, priest when those are the classes sitting the corner getting leeched by knight? 

Idk I just can't accept the idea that there won't be a solution to the mandatory knight per anything else you might want to play. 

My solution (not claiming it's the best one) Is to give a limited amount of stat resets per account, keep the crazy high exp so it gives people something to do. But don't leave things the way they are, dont make me have to make an account of all knights just to be able to only experience one half of a character, if you lk leech a support class for it's end game viability in WoE you will most likely never even attempt to have fun to make a PvM version, maybe you will. but have fun getting max next year. rant done. Cya

#71 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

The exp table is ok. Ppl with no time have other methods to lvl faster.

I thouht the goal for teaming in guild / online rpg ...was... if u make a char that is support and can't kill u have friends or guild to help you...isn't that the idea? Knight is a must in this server bc is efficient, not because other classes can't kill. Let's make all battle priests and reset after?

Agree it would be nice they balance killing classes so it's not only knight for lvl... my guess they hope ppl just get tired of waiting and just make knight for leeching til third so they don't have to ask developers for working. Save money and whatever, cheap.

#72 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

Any infos on trans job exp?

#73 Mahinahehe

Mahinahehe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Loki,Odin,Chaos

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:13 AM

First, you won't have to worry about someone making the same character five times to get a build correct because no character aside from LK will be able to reach 99/70 on its own (certainly not outside of a party). 

Secondly, on this server it's already accepted that if you are making anything that isn't a knight. You better be making a knight to leech it with. Leveling anything that isn't a knight is a complete waste of time.

Third, if there is no way to stat reset at least once we are just going to end up back at square 1. Better be making a knight with any character you make! For instance I would rather have a scholar be able to at least be able to kill for exp with some type of bolter build and then be able to switch to a WoE build (that will most likely make it useless in PvM) than have to make a lord knight to leech my scholar with while it sits in the corner of jup.

Fourth, my suggestion (not saying its the answer to all problems but use it as a frame of reference) Maybe do something like three resets per account so even if a character is deleted you already used up your reset, also making it available in the future would also help other players who want to join instead of making it seem like it was a first come first serve type of thing where anyone who joins afterwards would be reverted back to LK leech.

It's fine if you want the server to stay the way it is, if you enjoy making knight after knight to leech your other classes because you can't afford to solo level it because you can't even come close to begin to attempt to level a support class with proper PvP stats. Good luck doing anything with a FS scholar or paladin that will have to rely on the hopes of being able to join a party to level right? Yeah just join a party and you can FS to max duh cmon right? Well who's gonna want to make a bard, wizard, priest when those are the classes sitting the corner getting leeched by knight? 

Idk I just can't accept the idea that there won't be a solution to the mandatory knight per anything else you might want to play. 

My solution (not claiming it's the best one) Is to give a limited amount of stat resets per account, keep the crazy high exp so it gives people something to do. But don't leave things the way they are, dont make me have to make an account of all knights just to be able to only experience one half of a character, if you lk leech a support class for it's end game viability in WoE you will most likely never even attempt to have fun to make a PvM version, maybe you will. but have fun getting max next year. rant done. Cya

yadayadayadayada knight leech.. yadayadayada knight leech..

Leveling WoE build characters has ALWAYS been the challenge in RO that's why they're most coveted. 

It's really simple; if you want to make a PvM version, then make one. Make a bolter, HC sader, or whatever, but don't expect those PvM builds to excel in WoE. The knight-jupe leech is a gift. It allows ANYONE to make their OWN WoE build characters and/or leech their PvM characters. Back then, FS priests party with wizzies in HOs, Magma, GDs etc. Nobody does that anymore because? Well the EXP is just much faster in Jupe. People nowadays have a life. We have jobs. We want to maximize the time we spent playing, hence Jupe leveling is the way to go at the moment. And to your point about joining a party level for your support class, well nobody really needs a support in Jupe. In WoE, yes, but not in Jupe. Hence, make your own knight, after knight, after knight, if you want to level up. Plain and simple.

To me, enabling stat reset will allow the proliferation of bots just like the way it was before. I've played RO since '03 (old as dirt) and I've seen players who "bot" their character till 99 or trans, then do a stat-reset so that they can WoE. 

RO is fine the way it is. You don't have to make a knight-jupe leech if you don't want to. You don't have to make a PvM-only / PvP-Woe-only build character. It's totally up to you. 

Edited by Mahinahehe, 20 March 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

It's renewal, it's not like WoE stat builds are unviable for levelling like they were in classic. The real concern is not knowing how the skills work on this server, thus the concern over a reset - nothing to do with levelling because renewal. 

edit: what im saying is that a WoE build char and a pve char will level about equally as fast as eachother. The real problem is that everything sucks compared to knight. 

Edited by Xellie, 20 March 2018 - 10:25 AM.

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

3/20 Edit: Trans EXP Table Updated to reflect latest values from the studio.(Required EXP Goes Down)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users