Bot on iRO: The problem, WP Policy, Community Side Help, ETAs and Resolutions. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bot on iRO: The problem, WP Policy, Community Side Help, ETAs and Resolutions.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#26 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:TRO

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

I suggest anti-cheat program. It works fine in my local servers. Some pixel bots remain since program can't detect it (it run game through client like normal player so program just think it's like player).

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Anti Cheat program does sfa against packet injectors.

#28 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

Just allow us to use dead branch or amulet on bot map. Its pretty effective.

#29 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

Please keep this civil and do not link to anything that can possibly identify players.

Please remember, just because someone has a lot of an item does not always mean they are a bot. Some people play the markets heavily and resell items, others simply have huge stockpiles from long time playing the game. These players could innocently be cast into the bot accusations.

The forum is not a place for the players to publicly skewer each other or post bot accusations. You can voice your concerns about the current situations but there will be zero tolerance for screenshots, links, or identifying information that can be tied to a player in any way. This includes Shop Names, Ragial links, ROPD links, Guild names, "sounds like ___" and all other attempts to get around using an exact name.

you forgot to say "we dont care".

#30 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:40 AM

There really isnt a point of banning a bot. Other than to give you "feel-good" feelings, telling you something was done (or even doing something) is ultimately pointless for the staff and a waste of time.

Bot management is impossible to achieve in this game. Anyone that wants to can literally google "Ragnarok Bot" and be up and running within 10 minutes. If you realized that the majority of the population is a bot of some kind, you can begin to understand the magnitude of the problem.

Even if they came up with a way to break (bot program) they would see a population collapse. That doesn't look great to papa jRO or shareholders.

tl;dr don't waste your time and enjoy the game for what it is, if you still can.

then they should allow everyone to bot and not continue to be the pathetic hypocrits they are.

#31 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:03 AM

crap that get reported like "sum1 KSed me for 150k of  exp bun him pl0x :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob: "

I think they reported you for being rebel scum ;) pun intended.

#32 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Just started to "casual" play again on chaos and had to submit a ticket about annoying bots on some map...
funny thing is when checking old closed ticket the bots character name are the same and that was on 2016 lol

#33 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

you forgot to say "we dont care".

Their words say they are doing the best of the best effort, but the actions... meh 

then they should allow everyone to bot and not continue to be the pathetic hypocrits they are.

Its not ethical to say we can, but at this rythm, seems like "its safe" as long as you pay your bucks montly

#34 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Personally speaking, I prefer to invest my time in playing than camping/witch hunting the reported users and or make sure they are getting the punishment we think they deserve. I'd say, it is not our call to make, simply because we as players do not have access to the data the GMs have. Also it is important to note that, they have certain protocols to follow when engaging account investigations. Being said, if you experience a suspicious activity, send a ticket and let the GM staff do their thing.

So on topic:

What is your experience on WP Ticket System about Bot reports? do you guys do it? Am I the only player who still do this?

Yes, I report them still, if things fall back I report again but never stress it over.

#35 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

I do the reports on my normal leveling, I go to certain maps wich is common, and its very often, its 100% sure you will see many bots on your way to Lv175. Mostly i do not care, my time do not worth most of the reports, but there are some obvious, very annoying bots, wich I report. Usually takes me 2 mins of record, plis 2 mins to raise a ticket, Cheez! Only took to me 2 mins to realize im facing a bot, and as you mention, there is some procedure, protocols if you want, but then, if there is a protocol, whats the point of the records and screenshots they ask for? If its something pretty obvious, why do not just ban it after a single test? I think this is part of the improve we need on the staff protocols.

#36 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

I rather they spend more time in fixing all the bugs (especially OCP) and keep up with current updates. The whole bot thing they can solve at a later time.

#37 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

Their words say they are doing the best of the best effort, but the actions... meh 

Its not ethical to say we can, but at this rythm, seems like "its safe" as long as you pay your bucks montly

being a hypocrit is unethical too. asking us if we still report after 18 years of server running with bots still being a nuisance. lol. They could just go to the maps themselves and do their job, but the send a ticket and soon technique never fails.

#38 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

I still get bombarded by whisp from zeny seller bot in izulde

those bot even run from shady company that seems try to scam ppl, but they're there since forever

#39 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

And I thought they banned bots. That's why Ygg price has skyrocket'ed :/

#40 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

they ban bots who farm ori and ygg for us but dont ban bots who level in scaraba and NCT. TSK!

#41 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

TL;DR

i bet bot is not a problem since gms able to do some action and also, you rarely see any topics why someone got ban coz of bots or other illegal action but gms doing something about it. have faith to WP!

i guess its only a problem if you bot and you got ban while others not xD

to be so naive.

its rather cute.

#42 JbaS

JbaS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

And I thought they banned bots. That's why Ygg price has skyrocket'ed :/

Some consummables should be more scarce to motivate players hunting em.

#43 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

they ban bots who farm ori and ygg for us but dont ban bots who level in scaraba and NCT. TSK!

Leveling bots are far less harmful to the server than farming bots.

#44 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

who idiot that leveling bot on iRO anw? that beyond laziness

#45 Kirito927

Kirito927

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Btw is that bot meaning using 3rd party program and run character automatically lvling or farming , if i gear well and leave my character in TI with auto casting , will it be consider as bot ?

#46 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:49 AM

I snip my own video, but regard to what you mention, for me this is obvious a bot, and at least for the GM who is reviewing the ticket for a week, seems like it isnt

[Poring]

Note there is no names on the video, just my own char name and a obvious bot, who seems to be smarter than a couple of GMs

This is the problem I have with Warpportal.

Remember this video??

Well, the ticked has been closed and the bot still running (or the player, i do not take the time anymore to make it sure its the person or bot). Just wondering who is the guy behind the screen at Warpportal Support.

Thanks Warpportal for being so meticulous with your tickets.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 02 April 2018 - 01:51 PM.
Mod Edit: Edited in quote.

#47 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

This is the problem I have with Warpportal.

Remember this video??

Well, the ticked has been closed and the bot still running (or the player, i do not take the time anymore to make it sure its the person or bot). Just wondering who is the guy behind the screen at Warpportal Support.

Thanks Warpportal for being so meticulous with your tickets.

My roommate account  was banned for ~4 years because apparently his proxy shared IP with a bot and was banned without seeing a GM while leveling opened a new  ticket (4 years later ofc) and the account was rightfully unbanned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ he PMed Oda, Camp and Narwhal back in the day with no answer, Ive gotten  some support issues resolved satisfactorily tho... sooooo seems the player support here at WP is pretty  much hit or miss 

Why even report if nothing is being done, they just dont listen to the community at all, sometimes they dont even read the ticket and copy paste some  answer depending on the topic you are reporting lol...

Edited by Leonchascon, 02 April 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#48 Maldito001

Maldito001

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

My roommate account  was banned for ~4 years because apparently his proxy shared IP with a bot and was banned without seeing a GM while leveling opened a new  ticket (4 years later ofc) and the account was rightfully unbanned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ he PMed Oda, Camp and Narwhal back in the day with no answer, Ive gotten  some support issues resolved satisfactorily tho... sooooo seems the player support here at WP is pretty  much hit or miss 

Why even report if nothing is being done, they just dont listen to the community at all, sometimes they dont even read the ticket and copy paste some  answer depending on the topic you are reporting lol...

I am playing on an internet cafe, apparently the owner was botting and got caught while I was grinding at orc village suddenly everybody who was (manually) playing ragnarok on that cafe got automatically teleported to a prison and got banned without question. I submitted a ticket and they just said we are welcome to make a new account for our banned accounts have no chance of recovery. lol.

#49 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

I am playing on an internet cafe, apparently the owner was botting and got caught while I was grinding at orc village suddenly everybody who was (manually) playing ragnarok on that cafe got automatically teleported to a prison and got banned without question. I submitted a ticket and they just said we are welcome to make a new account for our banned accounts have no chance of recovery. lol.

to be honest i didnt laugh at this. but i would have laughed if u all jumped the owner and ask for refund. NOW THAT WOULD BE FUNNY

#50 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

For issues with ticket handling, please contact Xealot on forums. When contacting the staff in question, use the following format:

Ticket Number:
What was wrong with the ticket:
What would your ideal resolution be:

You may also contact Xealot if you have questions concerning the ticket system in general, don't be afraid :)

Being said,

For privacy and security concerns, discussing bots investigation, tickets handling, and account status on forums are not advised.

And so there are no plans to change that.

Thank you for understanding.

Topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users