#1 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

I most likely have spent 5b+ on my walrlock's gears alone, built to to be an effective player killer, ONLY TO BE COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN BY A SINGLE CARD. The card effect is too damn good and comes from one of the weakest MVPs to exist in RO. Anybody can farm it; no gear prep needed, no difficult strategy, and a mere 300k hp, and its not even aggressive so you can prep in front of it and even OHKO it with decent gear. I could even solo the joke mvp and kill it in what 10 seconds maybe. Im completely fine if it reduces magic by 75 or even 90 percent or even if status effect can hit them like sienna and white imprison, but dont completely shut down the mage classes that 100% relies on magic.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Honestly, they just need to remove the SP cost portion and add takes 50% more damage from Neutral attacks.

#3 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

Honestly, they just need to remove the SP cost portion and add takes 50% more damage from Neutral attacks.

I agree to this, it needs a big negative effect to even out its really good benefits.

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

It's all well and good, but sadly I doubt they will ever be touched :(

#5 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Ragnarok is a game where you could perform all sorts of magical spells with multiple different magic classes and magic builds. Then create an item that nullify all magic attacks.

Same thing can be said about the freeze mechanic of the game. Hire expensive artists and programmers to design a system where you could freeze people in a battle environment. Then make all of that obsolete by implementing an item that make all freeze skills useless.

#6 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

Some servers changed the 100% reduction to something like 70% or 80%. Better than no damage at all :v

#7 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

why not disable it on pvp/woe instead??! just only on pvm

#8 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

why not disable it on pvp/woe instead??! just only on pvm

Because then you would be invalidating the time invested of people who actually went to the trouble of farming the card :v Besides, afaik it's only enabled in WoE 1/2, it's disabled in WoE TE

#9 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

then why the fuss?!! people went through all the trouble to farming the legendary card ! then suddenly some incompetent dude said nerf it!??

#10 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

then why the fuss?!! people went through all the trouble to farming the legendary card ! then suddenly some incompetent dude said nerf it!??

Because it's a stupidly powerful card with no real downside

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Do you even WoE? If you dont, the card doesnt matter to you. WL is actually falling into a meta class right now along with Gen and GX.

If in WoE, dont go yolo if you cant. GTB users die to almost anything that is not magic. That's exactly why GXs dont WoE because they will die to any random AoE and respawn at Kafra with "Wtf just killed me" face  :heh: 

I'm still determined to telling people who dont know that they can kill 3 GTBs per week or per day if they have 7 noob characters.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 23 April 2018 - 05:24 PM.

#12 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

talking like everyone has the card in the server.. is the card flooded in the server? did u know how hard the get an mvp card ? how many years rng or luck ? don't like it ? change to physical class to kill that gtb shielded guy!

#13 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

talking like everyone has the card in the server.. is the card flooded in the server? did u know how hard the get an mvp card ? how many years rng or luck ? don't like it ? change to physical class to kill that gtb shielded guy!

Yes, not everyone has the card in their inventory to use. But the point is its a complete shut down of an entire job class. You have deviling and ghostring to get advantage against physical attackers, but guess what, theres a way to work around it, with converters and elemental weapons. What is a warlock or a sorc suppose to do to a guy with this card. A player can run around with a freakin sandals, cotton shirt, and dagger and completely dominate a WL stacked with matk gear with no other option but to waste all his potions till the time is up. Can i kill with my magic nope GTB, can i use white imprison nope GTB, stone nope GTB, freeze nope GTB, earthstrain divest nope GTB. Mage class is completely reliant on their magic, its their thing. Counterplay is completely negated by a single item, which means they can stack the rest of their gear to protect against physical attackers. Imagine an item that completely nullufies physical attacks, i bet you all those people running physical classes are going to complain as well to nerf it as well.

Edited by mlmf, 23 April 2018 - 07:39 PM.

#14 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

bla bla bla.. ya ya ya.. just nerf it then! would like to see those with gtb owner reaction.. wp support ticket will be boomed

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

just change GTB card to:

Increase MDEF by 300

#16 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

for a weak mvp, it should be -100% magic, +100% physical

even an mvp as strong as MoT has a penalty.

btw, they should buff osiris and moonie. 

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

Osiris has a purpose, Moonie is getting some love with future jRO items so :U

Now DOPPELGANGER truly sucks. Worst MVP in the game atm.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 24 April 2018 - 01:07 AM.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

The penalty is that a GX can just use Ice pick right? Please dont tell me that 1 SP cost every attack is a penalty <<

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

Osiris has a purpose, Moonie is getting some love with future jRO items so :U

Now DOPPELGANGER truly sucks. Worst MVP in the game atm.

ooohoo what is this nasty future jRO item? :rice:

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:41 AM

ooohoo what is this nasty future jRO item? :rice:

Have a look yourself sometime, it's what a bunch of us do, we catalogue all the stuff mentioned in the ragcans of jRO, Moonlight Flower, Amon Ra, Boss Egnigem, Samurai Spectre and so many others all have beautiful combos with things.

#21 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:33 AM

If they GTB they are just paper to everyone else.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:42 AM

Yes, not everyone has the card in their inventory to use. But the point is its a complete shut down of an entire job class. You have deviling and ghostring to get advantage against physical attackers, but guess what, theres a way to work around it, with converters and elemental weapons. What is a warlock or a sorc suppose to do to a guy with this card. A player can run around with a freakin sandals, cotton shirt, and dagger and completely dominate a WL stacked with matk gear with no other option but to waste all his potions till the time is up. Can i kill with my magic nope GTB, can i use white imprison nope GTB, stone nope GTB, freeze nope GTB, earthstrain divest nope GTB. Mage class is completely reliant on their magic, its their thing. Counterplay is completely negated by a single item, which means they can stack the rest of their gear to protect against physical attackers. Imagine an item that completely nullufies physical attacks, i bet you all those people running physical classes are going to complain as well to nerf it as well.

It does not completely shut down a job class, WL/Sorc are actually very good classes to play, havent you seen how many WLs doing Bio 5 lately? I am WL main and I use GTB card myself in some circumstances to tank EQ, which would have been OHKO without it. If you have GTB shield, you survive KK/Celia in bio 5 as if they dont exist. No one does WOE/PVP anymore, WOE TE is still active but GTB card is disabled, also the posters above have pointed out that only very few ppls actually own this card. I fail to see why you have such a beef with GTB card, it has existed ever since RO came into existence and it has always been alright. There are a lot more OP gears that you can rant at them deserving a nerf.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 24 April 2018 - 07:43 AM.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

Valk server was gtb free until heim. It was great.

#24 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

The card is definetly useful. And many people will end up feeling very wronged if its nerfed. But it is also kinda true how one of the six major class trees and it's branches is completely shut down in a competitive environment. Magic classes are really strong right now than ever before but all are nothing is a bit too much. In WoE it can to a certain extent be justified (not completely though) as you can just let others take care of it. But it's a pain in the PvP where all you can do is suck it up and be killed by them. (Which is sadly dead atm though). And there are a lot more GTB users than you could imagine.  Wonder how these "GTB users" would react if a card comes out that is "Immune to all sort of physical attacks" or  "immune to all sort of ranged attacks". Will they still stay quiet and think " Suck it up and just make a magic class to kill that 'X mvp' carded guy ". I really do hope such a MVP card comes out to make some people understand the plight of it. Oh and yes it definetly must be a -_- mvp that anyone can kill in like 5 secs without a pot on a regular basis and farm :p_hi: Although after having used my friend's many a times I admit the card is really tempting and attractive especially in pvm, but that doesn't change the fact it's a bit too over powered in the pvp/woe environment. :p_laugh:

Edited by EmoMidget, 24 April 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#25 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

Provide a gear/card that enables divest shield lv5, problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users