Pls nerf GTB Card! - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pls nerf GTB Card!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#26 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

Stave crasher is a thing you know.....................

#27 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

See this, ignore GX and Gen, and Magic damages (WL/Sorc) > Physical attacks (RK/RG <- Do people still play them?). Magic classes also have more disables. I would not mind if they introduced a new card that completely shutting down physical damages and buff'ed my RG damages to triple lol

#28 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

It does not completely shut down a job class, WL/Sorc are actually very good classes to play, havent you seen how many WLs doing Bio 5 lately? I am WL main and I use GTB card myself in some circumstances to tank EQ, which would have been OHKO without it. If you have GTB shield, you survive KK/Celia in bio 5 as if they dont exist. No one does WOE/PVP anymore, WOE TE is still active but GTB card is disabled, also the posters above have pointed out that only very few ppls actually own this card. I fail to see why you have such a beef with GTB card, it has existed ever since RO came into existence and it has always been alright. There are a lot more OP gears that you can rant at them deserving a nerf.

WoE 1, 2, and TE is still pretty active in Thor server wher i am. There is never a time where we didnt have allies and opponent despite guilds having around 15-20 players average. My main concerns are indeed for woe/pvp, and what really triggered me was when a champion started bullying my warlock in PVP smacking me with his mace and i cant do anything. Also gtb has becoming more common in woe recently at least here, a few months ago there were around 2 people wearing, but there seems to be even more now. Also players can still be tanky with pots and other reduction gear, i mean all you really lose is 30% reduction from the thara card, thats it, and armor switching can easily mend this, considering its just one item thats needed. Its not like i want to ban or severely nerf the card, i just want my attacks to hit so status effects also hit. I want to stobe, freeze, or imprison then run away from these sc who carry them so i dont get masqueraded or divested. I want to stone or freeze or imprison those players who run to the emp to ECall. I just want to be able to do something to them. Imagine a card that can nullify all ranged physical attack, it seems unfair doesnt it?

#29 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

They actually stopped dropping the card in the new kRO renewal servers as well.

#30 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

See this, ignore GX and Gen, and Magic damages (WL/Sorc) > Physical attacks (RK/RG <- Do people still play them?). Magic classes also have more disables. I would not mind if they introduced a new card that completely shutting down physical damages and buff'ed my RG damages to triple lol

The RGs in thor stack hp and use sacrifice on rangers, wl and sorcs. At least thats what i see the 2 RGs in my guild do mostly. As for RKs, have you heard of triple ignition twin edge? Theyre the new RK meta now. If they bring a card that nullifies all physical (or even 75% reduction) then ill no longer have a problem with gtb.

Edited by mlmf, 24 April 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#31 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

ya, right ! doesn't exist ! unless they make iro costumized card ! seriously! the card already in original ro database since it existed! as i said just freaking nerf it!  i would like to see all those player reaction spending hard time to get the card just to get nerfed card!

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

The RGs in thor stack hp and use sacrifice on rangers, wl and sorcs. At least thats what i see the 2 RGs in my guild do mostly. As for RKs, have you heard of triple ignition twin edge? Theyre the new RK meta now. If they bring a card that nullifies all physical (or even 75% reduction) then ill no longer have a problem with gtb.

Yup seen that new Bio5 IB before and it sucks. Are you seriously comparing RK's IB to GX's RC?

I take it that you WoE in Thor. The problem is rather easy, avoid going solo and you wont run into GTB user alone in WoE. Otherwise, if you're still not happy, you might want to switch your main class from WL to whatever class you think is overpowered.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Yup seen that new Bio5 IB before and it sucks. Are you seriously comparing RK's IB to GX's RC?

I take it that you WoE in Thor. The problem is rather easy, avoid going solo and you wont run into GTB user alone in WoE. Otherwise, if you're still not happy, you might want to switch your main class from WL to whatever class you think is overpowered.

CRS GX are great in WoE.

#34 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:31 PM

Solo? i never solo. I heavily rely on my allies to keep enemy players away. I rely on RGs to tank my injuries, i rely on SCs to disable other players, i rely on sorcs and ABs to protect me with land protector and buffs. I always go with a group so i dont get double teamed. I have killing potential, but that doesnt mean i can solo 2 guys going after me at once. Besides, i only encounter gtb users when on def with the guild camping the entry portal, never when traveling to the emp.

I do not see the WL as an overpowered class, that title goes to the sura, which can do anything in any situation. I wont stop playing WL, i find it really fun, a couple of GTB users wont ruin my woe days. Even then, i still think this card shouldnt completely negate magic, or at the very least status effects should bypass it.

Edited by mlmf, 24 April 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#35 NinjaCrow

NinjaCrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

why not ditch all the cards, go back to 1-1 classes, and use npc gear only?

#36 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

Equipping GTB means you get 1 hitted by any other attack, it is balanced stop qqing.

#37 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:39 AM

Doesn't matter anymore. European players will be gone soon. Just make an MVP card OCP item that nullify 'all' attacks. This game will be nothing more than a mere animated chat application.

Edited by DieNasty, 25 April 2018 - 06:24 AM.

#38 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

Provide a gear/card that enables divest shield lv5, problem solved.

drill katar - assa cross only

#39 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

I don't think they will change the effect of any card just like that, especially if we depend on kRO for this. Disabling the drop so people will stop getting new cards sounds nice, but it will only do more harm than good IMO. That's what kRO did on Renewal and RMT just got worse. The last time I checked GTB was selling for around 280M ₩ (~ 3000 USD) because nobody could afford it in game. 

So instead of making changes to what has already existed for so many years, they added the new effects to something called Ragnarok: Zerowhere they thought nobody would complain about their new implementation since it's a new server.

They did buff / nerf a few cards there:

1ZE4q3Q.png?1

GTB:

Spoiler

src: http://roz.gnjoy.com...e=10001&seq=123

Edited by Richkr, 12 May 2018 - 02:53 PM.

#40 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

i wonder how bio3 cards will be  :p_idea:

#41 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

just freaking nerf all the mvp card!! for fairness! nerf tao gunka! let it 10% hp/sp! nerf lord knight card too!!

#42 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

See? My suggestion come true! Make GTB just give 300 mdef instead. Zero is making more silly by punishment from physical attack.

#43 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

That RO Zero GTB Card is so crap that I will not even pay 20k for it.

:heh:

#44 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

USING GTB MEAN U LOOSING ALICE EFFECT WHERE REDUCE 40% DEMAGE FROM MVP....USER GTB GETTING SO HURT WHEN HIT BY MVP....IDK WHATS THIS TOPIC FOR??

IF DONT LIKE JUST GO BUY GTB FOR UR SELF...ATM...N SEE WHAT DIFFERENT....

GTB YES GOOD CARD BUT U STILL GET VERY2 HURT WHEN GET HIT  BY MVP...SPECIALLY IFRIT / VALK / BIO5 MONSTER......

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL.....................

WHY U NOT SAY GLOOM CARD ALSO OVER POWER GIVE 40% MORE DEMAGE TO MONSTER??

HOW ABOUT 2XKIEL CARD??VERY2 FAST SPAMMING SKILL..THATS ALSO OVER POWER...NERF IT TO???

N HOW ABOUT TAO GUNKA???GIVE U DOUBLE HP....ITS ALSO VERY2 OVER POWER.....NERF IT TO???

NONSENSE....

#45 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:53 PM

That's why just freaking nerf all MVP card!!!

#46 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

I think here he is trying to address the issue with it in a pvp / woe environment as a sorcerer main I couldn't careless for the card, yes it makes me useless to those who have it but stalling is another thing you can do. Using a pest card can stone them if they attack you physically and can only be block by medusa card which goes on shield but in this case the shield slot is being taken up by the GTB also wearing undead armor "evil druid  card" blocks this effect and having high LUK reduces the chance as well. If all else fails switching to a Sasquatch card can also freeze them when being hit physically. Another thing knowledge is power in woe and pvp knowing someone who has a gtb card is the first step to countering the gtb card. Since RO first lunch and ever since I can remember no MVP has ever been changed from my understanding. Not saying it can't happen in the future but if a change to GTB card ever does happen I rather them go with something like 50% more damage from physical and 50% damage from range attacks. If we take a look at the Tao Gunka card it gives 100% more hp which is peanuts compared to the 100% immunity to magic attacks but also the draw backs to tao gunka card is fair a "double edge sword" so to speak as it gives Def-50 and Mdef-50 and also this card does not negate other classes. All in all I say keep the card the same and find out other means in deflecting the effects of the card I would hate to break tradition by changing a mvp card.  :gawi:

P.S. The more gtb cards drop the less people will probably stop pvp and woeing with mage classes, no mage classes no need for gtb card the less the card will cost and maybe at one point be completely useless.  

Edited by freddym, 13 May 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#47 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:31 AM

Thats a lovely gtb effect, much better than alice when ye trynna suicide in woe with reflect damage

Ughhh

#48 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

You know what this topic did, it pissed off the right people. I'm seeing the topic and picking out who owns it and who doesn't, and the people owning it are QQing about people having a problem with it. It doesn't matter how hard it is to get, the card is totally OP for no reason. There should be a drawback to having magic nullified. And people have a right to open topics about something they have an issue with. 

#49 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

CRS GX are great in WoE.

Especially the ones that auto target you.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Especially the ones that auto target you.

HEY, where is the love for sprite editing someone into a Bakonawa so you can spot them out in a crowd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users