Terms of Use Update FAQ - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Terms of Use Update FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hey guys, as a quick update on where we are at, we collected and forwarded all your questions last week as soon as we received them and are waiting for a reply from the management team. As soon as we have any information we will be updating the FAQ. Thank you again for your patience, if you have any other questions please continue to post them and we will send those as well. 

#27 ronald007

ronald007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

I will be direct. the server will die or not?
this server has a future
the only thing we want is for the server to last for many years and not be the end

#28 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

For those asking, we have updated the FAQ regarding Dragon Saga development and Arcadia Episode III. At this time Arcadia Episode III is still under development and scheduled to be released on time. Dragon Saga game development is ongoing. 

We are still waiting to hear back regarding the rest of your questions and will update as soon as we hear more. 

#29 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

We have updated the FAQ with the following information:

Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.

Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.

#30 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:13 AM

it is unfortunate to see how these warpportal games die slowly
I had a lot of hope for this server and I want to continue investing as a client and player. if they have a new plan for the future and continue with the server why not do it now. people get discouraged little by little and more because they do not see that GMs do something about it
Who would say that 2018 would be the end of this beautiful game. thank you very much for not having been prepared and for not having planned something for these changes
if they have an ace up their sleeve, do it and do not let this game die
There are many users around the world.
  why not advertise so that they come to play
and the people on the dragonsaga server keep muttering and discouraging other users that the game will die.
or is it true :questionmark:  :questionmark:  :p_swt: 

Edited by blacshift, 06 May 2018 - 03:22 AM.

#31 OOpp

OOpp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

it is unfortunate to see how these warpportal games die slowly
I had a lot of hope for this server and I want to continue investing as a client and player. if they have a new plan for the future and continue with the server why not do it now. people get discouraged little by little and more because they do not see that GMs do something about it
Who would say that 2018 would be the end of this beautiful game. thank you very much for not having been prepared and for not having planned something for these changes
if they have an ace up their sleeve, do it and do not let this game die
There are many users around the world.
  why not advertise so that they come to play
and the people on the dragonsaga server keep muttering and discouraging other users that the game will die.
or is it true :questionmark:  :questionmark:  :p_swt: 

Yes, some cancer will say that. So if u don't want this game go die, bring your real life friends to there and play.

#32 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

Yes, some cancer will say that. So if u don't want this game go die, bring your real life friends to there and play.

that's what I'm doing my Latino friends.
I wonder why GMs do not advertise for Latin people to come and play - in June it would be a good date with the release of Arcadia 3

#33 Wuzimiko

Wuzimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

rough shock...sigh...

#34 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:13 AM

How is it cancerous for people to say this game is dying?

Why bother inviting new players to invest their time AND money into a company who just threw an entire region under the bus?

I've played this game since it first began in the Dragonica days, and every server has died since then. Sadly, this one turned out to be no different.

#35 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:40 AM

Another dragonica server from Thailand announces its closure. 
Does that mean
is  the turn of this server?
There is some news about the future of this server
days go by and there is no news

Edited by blacshift, 09 May 2018 - 06:41 AM.

#36 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:25 AM

Another dragonica server from Thailand announces its closure. 
Does that mean
is  the turn of this server?
There is some news about the future of this server
days go by and there is no news

First of all, Thailand wasn't WarpPortal, Thailand wasn't even published by Gravity. They decided to close in Frebruary already. That server was purely in Thai language and their situation had nothing to do with ours.

Also I know you were posting in the same topic I answered already that I am still here, I am still developing Arcadia Episode 3. So why did you feel the need to ask the same thing again even though I answered that question already in the other topic?

Do you think I made that new Freo mount just because I am bored? Do you think I would implement anything new if there would be plans to close this Dragon Saga server?

We (the team) would appreciate if you guys would stop starting false "doomsday" rumors. Thank you.

#37 Timymi

Timymi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Parallel World

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

First of all, Thailand wasn't WarpPortal, Thailand wasn't even published by Gravity. They decided to close in Frebruary already. That server was purely in Thai language and their situation had nothing to do with ours.

Also I know you were posting in the same topic I answered already that I am still here, I am still developing Arcadia Episode 3. So why did you feel the need to ask the same thing again even though I answered that question already in the other topic?

Do you think I made that new Freo mount just because I am bored? Do you think I would implement anything new if there would be plans to close this Dragon Saga server?

We (the team) would appreciate if you guys would stop starting false "doomsday" rumors. Thank you.

oh, I am thank for you are developing Arcadia 3, so don't be angry about people who want to make you feel bad. :p_sleep:

I hope your team do this even better cause this server is the last one, lets take action to protect it. :pif:

Thank you, popcorn. :p_smile:

Edited by Timymi, 09 May 2018 - 12:08 PM.

#38 8989180209222838993

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Glad to hear something from you. Your reputation have spread out among players as a dedicated staff member. It's sad that EU accounts will be banned shortly and we - players can not do anything about it. I hope that some how they(the Warpportal or Gravity) will manage to let you guys play again in the future. I truly do. 

Edited by 8989180209222838993, 09 May 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#39 ronald007

ronald007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

our European friends will play again very soon or this will be final
I hope this is only momentary
it's a pity that our European friends can not enter
I hope this is temporary and come back very soon
and I am glad that the arcadia is still in process I hope so eagerly 

Edited by ronald007, 10 May 2018 - 03:59 AM.

#40 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Our FAQ has been updated with further questions from the management team. 

#41 2829180421224205750

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

"Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region,as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States"

My dear European friends, u should do something with your stuffs now. 

It is NOT just IP block, they'll delete all information and disable your account.

The world is becoming weird.

#42 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

You might have understood that wrong. I would NOT give away all my stuff to be honest.

The quote you made is just stating that personal data will be deleted. Game data is something different. The data of a specific game account/character does not contain any personal information at the moment they are no longer linked to a account informations which contain personal data (and these personal data are deleted if an account is created in europe).

Instead of a panic reaction you might read further

Will all EU character be auto removed from guild and friends list 

•   All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible. This will not affect your lists.

What will happen if a guild is totally EU based, will it be disbanned?
  •   There are no plans to remove guilds

How do you think friend/block lists can be kept and guilds stay if the game/character data would be deleted?

It is - and that has never been stated differently elsewhere - an IP block for the european players, a block of the game accounts of european players and the deletion of the personal data. That personal data are deleted is nothing new and was expectable. If you now give away any of the stuff you own you won't get it back in case of something like this happens

If there is a change in our policy and terms of use we will inform players through our usual channels.

But since YOU are not from europe I guess you want to get cheap things in-game? Good try. I hope the european people won't follow your "advise" to do that so you can have cheap stuff.

#43 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

You might have understood that wrong. I would NOT give away all my stuff to be honest.

The quote you made is just stating that personal data will be deleted. Game data is something different. The data of a specific game account/character does not contain any personal information at the moment they are no longer linked to a account informations which contain personal data (and these personal data are deleted if an account is created in europe).

How do you think friend/block lists can be kept and guilds stay if the game/character data would be deleted?

It is - and that has never been stated differently elsewhere - an IP block for the european players, a block of the game accounts of european players and the deletion of the personal data. That personal data are deleted is nothing new and was expectable. If you now give away any of the stuff you own you won't get it back in case of something like this happens

But since YOU are not from europe I guess you want to get cheap things in-game? Good try. I hope the european people won't follow your "advise" to do that so you can have cheap stuff.

are you saying, if by some miracle the whole privacy thing gets resolved, and Europe gets unblocked, we will still have our old accounts and characters to get back to? 

#44 2829180421224205750

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Dear Popcorn,

Look like u treat all peoples come here and comment just for free stuffs.

I didn't have a word that beg/ask for cheap/free stuffs in my comment, I also didn't tell people giveaway their stuffs.

U should read comment carefully, and put more respect in your comment.

Dear EU friends,

As I said, u should do something with your stuffs now If u don't want it gone forever.

There have no confirm, no clue that EU player'll able to play again.

And due to account is disabled, u can't log in to game by Proxy or VPN that many people thought.

So u should transfer as many as possible, your stuff to another account(s) that's NOT reg in EU region, instead of leave those in your current account and waiting for a miracle.

There have many ways to get an account like that.

And, u can log into those accounts like normal, or use proxy/VPN if there have an IP block policy for EU.

Or, If u get bored with this game, just leave it  :Emo_12:

#45 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:00 AM

Just a question, aint popcorns account also EU registered? Poppie how do you avoid getting banned?

And yes our items will be lost and idle forever, but i cant give them away for free of all the time and effort invested. The only way i would give them up is by a method that suppose isnt allowed.

#46 2829180421224205750

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

Just a question, aint popcorns account also EU registered? Poppie how do you avoid getting banned?

And yes our items will be lost and idle forever, but i cant give them away for free of all the time and effort invested. The only way i would give them up is by a method that suppose isnt allowed.

U can create an account that isnt from EU country, then transfer all your items to that account as many as possible. That is a safest way for now to keep your items.
Instead of just leave it in your current account.
In case u don't know how to create an account like that, u can ask your friend who isnt from EU create it for u.
It all depends on u

#47 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

umm as far as I understood, even if you make an account that's not from Europe, if you play from Europe, it can still detect where you're playing from and get blocked.

#48 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

My account is an account created in the United States by WarpPortal and I access my account through a company VPN. None of my personal data is used to create this account nor to access this account. That's the magic. You can consider my account as a tool because it's something I need for my work. 

It's a different story with my private accounts. These are not needed to work and they share the same fate as any other european accounts.

#49 2829180421224205750

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

umm as far as I understood, even if you make an account that's not from Europe, if you play from Europe, it can still detect where you're playing from and get blocked.

Nope, u can create an account that's not from Europe, just make sure u create the an email when VPN/proxy is enable and IP is NOT Europe, then use that email to create warpportal account (with proxy/vpn enable, too). Then transfer your stuff to that account as many and as soon as posible. After 25 May, u can log into that account by use VPN/proxy (as someone told, magic).

If u just leave your items in current account, It have high chance u'l' never see it again after 25 May.

I met this sh!t when playing another game, I know that damn feel when all things is gone, the only different is I wasnt warning about banning my account. U're, so u have a chance to do something.

Edited by 2829180421224205750, 21 May 2018 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users