Disconnected from Server 06/05/2018 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Disconnected from Server 06/05/2018

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 quanpham0805

quanpham0805

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

I have downloaded the game three times since 05/05/2018, first time I put it in my D:/ and then I delete that, download it again and put in C:/, but the problem is not fixed. The Ragexe.exe always shows Error window every time I try to open it. I've searched for multiple solution and still the problem is not fixed :< Please help me, I'm just newbie and I want to play the game.

P/s: Does anyone know how to upload picture so that I can illustrate the problem easier?

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:33 PM

Greetings,

It is possible the game client is not patched up properly.

Check the pinned topic Common problems and their solutions here, follow suggested solution #4 [The updater is constantly reinstalling recent updates].

If the above solution did not work, please let us know who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and if you are connecting from a restricted network e.g Net Cafe, Work..etc).

#3 quanpham0805

quanpham0805

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:22 AM

I've followed the instruction but the problem is not fixed. I extracted the folder in step 5 into "C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online", hope it is the correct folder, because I didn't have to replace any files, which is told in step 6.

I'm Vietnamese and my ISP is FPT Telecom.

Edited by quanpham0805, 06 May 2018 - 02:43 AM.

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:30 AM

Assuming you are on non-metered and stable connection,

Try the following:

• Restart your device.
  • Clear Internet Explorer cache, if you don't know how please check Appendix #2 in this post.
  • Make sure Ragnarok.exe and Ragexe.exe are set to run as an admin all the time, if using dedicated antimalware/antivirus programs make sure the same are white-listed from the active scans.
  • Download patch.inf from this link, make sure to read the instructions carefully.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 May 2018 - 03:31 AM.

#5 quanpham0805

quanpham0805

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:03 AM

I have done all of them, turn off the firewall, fix the path as guide,... but the problem still be there :<

#6 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

Do you have "Ragnarok_Installer.msi" in your Ragnarok folder?

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

We may need to see a screenshot of the game folder.

For that upload the screenshot to Imgur then link the image in your next post if possible.

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

The user has reached their posting limit for the day.

So far and through assisting in PM, we have yet to reach a resolution, the client is not saving the updates.

Just in case, going to repost general guidelines below.

Some points to keep in mind when reinstalling/patching (Renewal ver):

• Make sure you are using the latest client (official link, mirror links).
  • Run Ragnarok.exe as an admin all the time to avoid patching problems. To do so, Right Click on the file > Choose Properties > Choose Compatibility Tab > Tick Run this program as an administrator > Apply then OK. Repeat the same for ragexe.exe
  • Have one single instance of the patcher, note that all game clients must not be running during the installation and patching process.
  • Keep an eye on the patching bar for any issues.
  • The patcher should not be downloading the same recent files every time launched, if so follow Step#4 here.
  • In case of "failed to get file" browse iRO Renewal FTP server and manually download the patch in question, place the file(s) under your RO folder, run the patcher again.
  • Any other: Refer to this thread for common issues and their solutions.

#9 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

Is there this project of WP to improve installer to include recent patches to reduce the start up patching and ease for the new players since start up patching often get bugged.

If so, can WP push it to maybe June right after EUxist?

#10 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

For the moment, issue has been resolved by sharing an up to date game folder.

Due to having a metered connection, downloading patch files from the server is not possible and/or inconsistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users